The hero of the story and leader of the Attractors, known only as "Insania" by Custos. He fights to save and protect all of the Attractors, no matter how difficult it may be.
His most notable power is immortality, being able to recover from any wound. He is also able to transform into an alternate form, granting him various other abilities.
- The Ageless
- All-Loving Hero
- The Atoner: He's killed people in the past, which he severely regrets.
- Back from the Dead: In Chapter 5. The previews didn't even try to hide this.
- Badass Longcoat
- Barrier Warrior: He can create shields (on a small scale) made of some kind of energy.
- Bash Brothers: With Epsilon/Shun in Chapter 5.
- Berserk Button: See Knight Templar Big Brother.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards the children Attractors. And towards his real brother, Towa.
- Big Brother Mentor: Again, towards the children (most notably, Yuma).
- Big Damn Heroes: Quite often.
- Bishonen Line: His ultimate form is much more humanoid than his usual one.
- Break the Cutie: His past.
- Broken Messiah: In the finale, he comes close to killing Kamishiro in revenge for Towa's death, despite knowing that it goes against everything he stands for.
- Celibate Hero: Seems to have (gently) turned down Yuri's feelings, shows no interest in anyone, and ends up with no one. Unsurprising, given that he's too dedicated on his duties to really have much of a social life.
- Chick Magnet: Yuri's heavily implied to have a crush on him, Tei might as well, and Kiri might've had a bit of a thing for him at the start.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome
- Complete Immortality
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Deadpan Snarker: A thousand years ago.
- Declaration of Protection: All the time.
- De-power: At the end of the OVA.
- Eleventh Hour Superpower: Courtesy of Towa.
- Energy Weapon: He has some sort of energy manipulation power via Pure Energy or Hard Light that allows him to create these.
- Expecting Someone Taller: In the prequel manga, Takao wasn't expecting a pipsqueak to be the almighty Quon he'd heard about.
- Failure Knight: Couldn't protect his clan, so he's trying to make up for it now.
- Flight: One of his abilities allows him to create wings to fly with.
- Friend to All Children
- Good Thing You Can Heal
- Hair Decoration: Sports a black headband.
- Healing Factor
- Heartbroken Badass
- The Hero
- Heroic Safe Mode: For all intents and purposes, he's been in one for a very long time.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Though Quon tends not to go around outright putting himself down, he'll always focus on the people he's failed to save, rather than the one he's succeeded with.
- Honor Before Reason
- Hurting Hero
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die: Or rather, I Let My Entire Clan (and Towa Especially) Die.
- Ideal Hero: A deconstruction. See the main page for more details.
- Immortality Hurts
- Knight Templar Big Brother: Don't mess with Towa. Seriously, no matter who you are, don't.
- Laser Blade: See Energy Weapon.
- Meaningful Name: His first name is written with the kanji for eternity.
- Messianic Archetype: There's something messianic about all the damage he takes for his friends, at least.
- Mind over Matter: It's never quite stated and tends to be overshadowed by his flashier powers, but he appears to have some form of this—manipulating wires, rain, rubble, bullets, etc.
- Mouthy Kid: He used to be a bit of one, a thousand years ago.
- My Greatest Failure: Not being there for his clan when they were wiped out.
- Nice Guy
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: While he was aware of the possible consequences beforehand and so probably doesn't regret it, him taking in Epsilon/Shun eventually led to the destruction of Fantasium Garden.
- Nigh Invulnerable
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: When Yuri shoves certain womanly parts in his face to show him a rash, he just gives her an incredibly deadpan look.
- Our Hero Is Dead: At the end of Chapter 4.
- The Paragon: He encourages his fellow Attractors to master their ability and use it for good.
- Physical God: His final form is essentially this.
- Power Incontinence: As he doesn't wear a security chip, he's always at risk of this, but he's had a thousand years' worth of practice in keeping his powers in check. This happened once, when his powers first awakened.
- Psychic Radar: He appears to be capable of detecting awakening Attractors.
- Purple Eyes: His eyes are normally some shade between blue and purple, but his alternate form definitely has purple eyes, in a case of Supernatural Is Purple.
- Really 700 Years Old
- Refusal of the Call: A thousand years ago, as he had no interest in developing any abilities.
- Samaritan Syndrome: Because an Attractor could awaken at any moment, he's the only one who can save them, and it's a race against Custos, he's always on the clock.
- Save the Villain: Chooses to save Epsilon/Shun in Chapter 4, knowing that Custos would kill him for being an Attractor, and ultimately saves Kamishiro in the finale.
- Sensor Character: See Psychic Radar.
- The Sleepless: According to Word of God, he only sleeps if he needs to recover from an injury. Otherwise, he tends to be out patrolling.
- Sole Survivor: Of his clan, a thousand years ago.
- Superpower Lottery: Aside from winning immortality, he's got a long list of abilities compared to everyone else.
- Super Mode
- Survivor Guilt: This is part of why he's so devoted to his fellow Attractors.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Over the last one thousand years. Not that he was ever really a jerk, though—just your average lazy brat.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Instant ramen.
- Traumatic Superpower Awakening: His powers awakened when he witnessed his clan's slaughter.
- Triple Shifter
- Unstoppable Rage: When his powers first awakened, as he went on a rampage and slaughtered those responsible for his clan's massacre.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: He's pretty happy to have lost his immortality at the end of the OVA.
Otherwise known as Yuri. She's one of Quon's main supporters and the one most likely to be out there on the field with him.
Her ability is super speed.
Co-leader of Fantasium Garden alongside Quon, and an old friend of his. He runs the garden itself, and often pulls strings within the city in order to assist the Attractors.
He is not an Attractor, and thus does not have any abilities.
Another one of Quon's main supporters. She often expresses concern over Quon's well-being and does her best to make the Attractors feel at home in the garden.
Her ability is telepathy.
A recent addition to Fantasium Garden. Unlike many others, he is cynical regarding Quon's ideals and would rather not have to live in Fantasium Garden.
His ability is teleportation via creating portals.
- The Atoner: To make up for his Face-Heel Turn, he offers to teleport the entire group to safety, despite knowing that it'll probably kill him. Yuri convinces him not to, though.
- Bandage Babe: Due to his powers, he's usually got a broken or fractured bone somewhere.
- Blessed with Suck: His ability has a tendency to result in injuries.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Face-Heel Turn: Upon being convinced that if he goes with Custos, he'll get to see his parents again. Once he realizes this is probably a bunch of lies, he then turns a Heel-Face Turn.
- Grumpy Bear
- Heel-Face Revolving Door
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Orphan's Ordeal: He heavily misses his parents, whom he can't see as an Attractor.
- Resigned to the Call: He doesn't want to be a part of Fantasium Garden, but accepts that he has no other options.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Attempts this in the prequel manga, with near disastrous consequences.
- Thinking Up Portals
- Tsundere: Towards Quon.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Yuri.
One of Quon's allies, who primarily provides mission control support.
He can manipulate technology.
A recent addition to Fantasium Garden.
She can communicate with animals.
The doctor of Fantasium Garden.
Like Kannazuki, she is an ordinary human with no abilities.
One of the most recent additions to Fantasium Garden, after being taken there at the start of the OVA. He is a young boy who believes himself unable to control his powers.
He can create spheres that disintegrate matter and, eventually, barriers.
One of the most recent additions to Fantasium Garden, after being taken there at the start of the OVA. She takes care of her grandmother, her only living relative.
Her voice has abnormal abilities, ranging from healing to destruction.