Characters / Tokurei Sochi Dantai Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C 3 Bu
Stella Women's Academy C³ Club
A group of airsoft fans.
Sonora "Sono" Kashima
Honoka "Hono" Mutsu
- Academic Athlete: Is an Honor student.
- Combat Pragmatist: In episode 13, during her duel with Rin, knowing she's really no match for her, Honoka instead tries for psychological warfare. She taunts Rin by hoping the latter wins, and thereby getting Sonora, the guest commentator during the contest, to reveal even more secrets and old embarrassing stories about her. Rin is visibly distraught by this, and as a result, ends up getting hit by Honoka when she's distracted by what the former just told her should she win.
- Gainaxing: Twice. Once with a leaf-made bikini top, and the other as she, ahem, fishes for popularity votes to win the Field Queen Contest.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Ms. Fanservice: Invokes this in Episode 13 (a bonus episode), almost to parody levels. In the final round where she faces off against Karira, she positions herself so that the cameras capture the more sexy side of her. And during the tiebreaker votes, she loosens her pigtails, takes off her glasses and unbuttons her shirt to reveal cleavage. She wins.
- Supreme Chef: So good, Karira wants to marry her.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
Karila "Kari" Hatsuse
Yachiyo "Hacchan" Hinata
- A-Cup Angst: Jealous at Rento's big boobs in episode 6. Remember that both girls are of the same age, and are respectively the shortest and tallest in the club.
- Combat Pragmatist: In episode 13, during her duel with Aoi, she deliberately leaves her ghillie suit in a very obvious and visible spot. Aoi thinks she's hiding in a very bad position, but then it turns out to be a decoy, and Yachiyo attacks her from above, wearing something much less camouflage-y.
- Friendly Sniper
- Hair Decorations: Wears an Alice band.
- Idiot Hair: And it MOVES!
- The Napoleon: She gets quite agitated in episode 13 when audience members ask her about her age and height.
- Small Girl, Big Gun: Her preferred weapon is a 1.23m long Accuracy International Arctic Warfare Suppressed.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Or rather, Spell My Name This Way Instead of That Way. Even though there's the Vehicular Theme Naming rule of the characters' surnames based on WWII Japanese battleships, her surname is Hinata instead of Hyuuga.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A, if you're asking.
Rento "Ren" Kirishima
- The Ditz: Sort of.
- The Heart: Somehow fits this. She's tried to persuade Yura to return to C³ after learning that she joined Meisei. Although Ren failed, Yura did at least return to Stella after being booted out of Meisei's airsoft team. She even cried when confessing to trying to keep Yura in C³ by staying mum about her injuries.
- Huge Schoolgirl: She's rather tall, especially when next to Yachiyo, the shortest member of the club.
- Out of Focus: Especially since she's the one who was the first from C³ to meet, recruit and re-recruit Yura, you would expect some friendship between the two right? Nope. The story up until now focused on Yura's relations with C³ in general, and with Sonora.
- Rapunzel Hair: And it grows so fast, she has to cut it everyday.
- Statuesque Stunner: She has quite the build, and is taller than her seniors. Keep in mind she is a first-year student like Yura and Hacchan, aged 15.
Yura "Yurarin/Yurakko/Yuranosuke" Yamato
- Blood Knight: Fortunately, airsoft cannot kill. More fortunately, she stops short on her way to becoming a complete one when kicked out of Rin's team by playing a House of the Dead knockoff game instead.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Yura's resolution to make up for costing her team a match misses why Sonora was really mad at her and starts her, and the show, down a dark path. Sonora first notices that Yura stops paying attention to the consequences around her, but it stays under the surface at first. Yura keeps trying harder and harder to make up for things to a point that brings the club down and leads to her cheating, which breaks her. This leads to her strained relations with the C³ members becoming overt and she abandons them to her unhealthy obsession with improving herself.
- Character Development: Is a Cloud Cuckoolander, but her determination to win develops over time.
- Which becomes an unhealthy obsession that leads to her burning bridges with everyone she knows. Ultimately she learns to consider how her actions are hurting her friends and to just enjoy the game.
- Combat Medic: In medic mode, a "medic" is assigned to "patch up" fellow members who declared a hit, and can only fight in the last five minutes. Guess what Yura does in the last five.
- The Determinator: Develops a desire to win after costing her team a game by surrendering. Sonora is worried early on that this will break her. In episode 5's swimsuit battle, she notices that Yura tramples through a patch of flowers she herself was admiring the night before. This eventually leads Yura into ruining the fun of the rest of the team in a tournament, instinctively cheating, and leaving C³. She's finally forced to confront it as a problem when she ignores a teammates real injury and Rin expels her.
- Face–Heel Turn: There's no dark side in the story (Even Rin herself isn't an evil person to begin with), but Yura probably ends up doing this relative to the story. After realizing the relationship between Sonora and Rin, she quits the C³, leaving behind the Skorpion gifted to her by Sonora.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: A big motivator for her to ultimately join C³. At first she is reluctant, as they seem extremely weird to her, despite Rento finding her playing with Sonora's guns and watching her movies. However, after she sees how much fun they have with the matches, along with how friendly they are to each other, she decides to join to take part in their fun. FlashBacks to her time at other schools shows she was also often excluded from other people, and her Shrinking Violet tendencies didn't help it much.
- Important Hair Cut: In episode 3.
- If You Hit Her, You Will Be Just Like Her: Rin, Meisei's ace airsofter, isn't exactly one to play by the book. So when Yura shoots her after getting hit herself, Rin delivers a Not So Different line at her.
- Reality Warper: In Episode 4, Yura's Imagine Spots are revealed to be somewhat literal. At first it's indirect enough that it could be believed she's in some way hallucinating instead of just imagining (since she really seems to think Chojiro is there where she was never implied to think Karila was really Rambo), until we see Rento get dragged into the world from her perspective. It never becomes plot relevant however.
- Second Place Is for Losers: Locked in this mentality from her first tournament, until Rin expels her from Meisei's airsoft team.
- Serious Business: Beginning with her first tournament, where she meets fellow "Stop Having Fun" Girl Rin, she's taking airsofting more seriously than Serious Sam taking unseriousness seriously. This leads to Rento getting knee injuries (and not worrying about it) because she doesn't want to drag the team down, and the others unhappy, if not for the Training from Hell, then for how Yura takes everything too seriously. Also, Yura seeks to pin Rin with the act of attacking her and Sonora (which she didn't), so much that it upsets everyone else, and causing Yura to eventually quit C³. In the tenth episode, Yura even joins Meisei's airsoft club due to her thinking it will be the best choice for her. However, she is not being a team player, disobeys the leader's orders, and doing things she herself thinks is necessary to win the match, which disgusts even ''Rin'', who removes Yura from the team.
- She's Back: Given advice by Chojirou after the Heroic BSOD, she picks up her spirit and prepares for Sonora's farewell game, Skorpion-in-hand.
- Shrinking Violet: She is one at first. However, as she spends time with the C³ club, as well as having performed miserably during her first tournament, she gradually becomes more outgoing.
- Took a Level in Badass: She was quite the scaredy cat at first, barely able to pick up her gun, let alone fire it. However, after her terrible performance in her first tournament, she resolves to become a much more skilled airsoft player. Unfortunately she takes it way too seriously, and loses sight of other things, such as her friendships with the C³ girls, in her quest to become better.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: While she does become much better as a player as well as a commander, she takes things way too seriously. It gets to the point where some of the other girls are complaining about how the game isn't as fun anymore due to all the Training from Hell they're being forced through by Yura.
- You Are in Command Now: She becomes the leader during the 24 hour tournament due to Sonora's sprained ankle. Usually it would be the vice president (either Karira or Honoka) who would take charge in an absence of a leader, however, seeing that Yura is committed to winning the tournament because it was her trying to find the sniper in the first place that caused Sonora's accident, the rest probably just waltzed along.
Meisei Girls' Academy Airsoft Team
An elite airsoft club. The club is lead by Rin, and they're really good in airsoft.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Defeats every other team in the 24-hour endurance, including Team Seto, Seikou Academy KGB, foreign teams, teams made of actual soldiers, and one that cosplays as Modern Warfare characters.
- No Name Given: Any Meisei Airsoft club member that isn't Haruna Rin does not get her name mentioned.
Sonora's old friend, and fellow airsofter.
- The Ace: Alongside Sonora
- Achilles' Heel + Fatal Flaw: Honoka uses psychological warfare on her in the Field Queen contest. Honoka tells Rin that if she wins, there will be lots of interviews, and Sonora (who is a commentator) will gladly retell lots of Sonora and Rin's childhood stories. Some of these memories are seen in Rin's imagination as Honoka is talking, including Rin falling down and crying, Rin having wet the bed, Rin getting a birthday cake and crying with happyness (which is kind of depressing, if you think about it), and a distraught Rin watching Sonora leave on a bus. While Rin is distracted by these thoughts, Honoka takes her out with a single shot.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Blood Knight: Prefers total annihilation of enemy team over completing an objective. Take the 24-hours tournament for a good example, where the main objective is to bring at least one flag to a safe zone. Team Meisei bust their opponents out, often luring them into playing zombie, before carrying multiple flags to the safe zone.
- Everyone Has Standards: Is determined to ace everything. Is not afraid to break rules. Gives a Not So Different line to Yura when the latter plays zombie. Yet, is disgusted by Yura's Second Place Is for Losers attitude and not being a team player and kicks her off the team.
- I Was Just Passing Through: Played with this trope. It's implied Rin may have been the one sniping Sonora, and Yura did see her at the scene. Then in episode 9 it's revealed Rin helped caught the perp behind the sniping.
- Knight of Cerebus: When she appears things get edgy.
- Not So Different: Delivered to Yura, who shot her despite risking zombie-playing (insisting to play after getting hit) after getting hit by another Meisei member. Rin herself probably saw Yura playing zombie, but she didn't declare it, and even kept it a secret from the officials, resulting in a dishonourable win for Yura, and of course, Stella.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt
- "Stop Having Fun" Girl: Rin and Sonora learnt airsoft from the same mentor who was a soldier. After he got KIA, Rin turns into this almost immediately, seeking to excel in EVERYTHING so hard, Sonora estranged herself from her. This eventually affects Yura too, making her another "Stop Having Fun" Girl.
- We Used to Be Friends: With Sonora. They do, however, patch up their relationship quite a bit near the end of the season when Rin comes to visit Sonora.
A team of airsofters from Kansai. May or may not be siblings.
Team Seto's leader.
Akane and Moe Seto
Twin sisters, and the youngest of the Setos.
- Always Identical Twins: Played with. While they do look alike, both have their half-pigtails tied in opposite sides.
- School Swimsuit: Both have "Seto" name-tagged in front to confuse the opponents.
Momoka and Midori Seto
- Color-Coded Characters: Somehow. Momoka (Momo means peach, which is pink in colour) wears a pink jacket and Midori (green) wears a green pair of overalls.
- Guns Akimbo: These are the girls responsible for the Seto Stream Attack. That's no Dual Wield, that's Octo Wield!
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Midori is the tomboy, and Momoka looks more feminine.
Seikou Academy KGB
The drama club of Seikou Academy who also play airsoft.
- Masters of Disguise: Being the school drama club helps them in being this. Aira even disguised as his sister in order to fool C³ in the 24-hour endurance.
Karila's twin brother.
- But Not Too Foreign: Is three-quarters Japanese.
- Master of Disguise: Tried to fool C³ by posing as Karila. He is only caught red-handed because the real Kari is stationed with Rento, and wouldn't abandon anyone just to return alone.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Aira speaks politely, compared to the rough-mouthed Karila.
A soldier in the US armed forces, and The Mentor
to Sonora and Rin. Got KIA'd before the story began. The Skorpion Sonora gave Yura originally belonged to him.
- Death by Origin Story: Although he's seen in Sonora's Flash Back during episode 2, by the time the story takes place, she tells Yura he died on a battlefield.