Characters: Todd Allison & the Petunia Violet
Characters in Todd Allison & the Petunia Violet
open/close all folders
The 18-year-old heroine, Petunia is the new girl in Melbourne
and she's still in the midst of getting used to the whole place. All she's ever wanted was to be a normal girl but it seems she keeps getting tangled in incredibly unusual circumstances.
Petunia's next door neighbour, who has a strange obsession with plants. He plays piano at Rainbird Cafe and is constantly making sure Petunia doesn't get into trouble. He is extremely unapproachable and he will not shy away from letting someone know he hates them. Todd Allison also works for the government in a special investigative unit formed to track down a bomber by the name of Violet. He is not very pleased about it.
- Adorkable: Perhaps not in the actual comic (yet), but he can be this.
- Fiery Redhead
- Full-Name Basis: Most people refer to Todd with his given and surname, and he is rarely referred to as just 'Todd'.
- Hot Scientist: He's a biochemist.
- Pet the Dog: Usually rude and antisocial, but he goes out of his way to help Petunia, patch up her wounds and fix her jacket when they accidentally fall of his apartment ledge.
- Redhead In Green: He doesn't wear green all the time, but he is more often than not.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
- Victorian Novel Disease: In the sidestory The Daydreamings of Todd Allison, and chapter 6 of the main comic, it's revealed that Todd has tuberculosis, and has relapsed as early as four years ago.
- Triple Shifter: Government crime investigator, biochemist, and waiter.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: He comes to terms with death at nine years old.
- Waistcoat of Style
- Younger Than They Look: Petunia makes a guess at Todd's age... she ends up being seven years off.
A friendly tram conductor by day
but at night, Cyril is your man for any variety of odd jobs. He can kill people for you, beat them up, throw them in ditches and steal their automobiles. His current client is Mr. Gabriel. As of Chapter 12, he's working for Todd Allison.
Petunia's older brother and apparently a politician. Elijah is good at talking and seems to have a multitude of faces. It's difficult to determine when he's playing around and when he's serious. Just what is his agenda?
Meredith is Petunia and Elijah's foster brother. He is calmer and less spontaneous than Elijah. However, once he's made up his mind about something, there is little one can do to change it. As a result, he is very severe with those he hates.
Todd Allison's friend (with a question mark) who is torn between hating Todd's awful personality and being very impressed by him. Clancey is the head of the Science department and also part of the Violet Investigation Unit.
Petunia's best friend and a waitress at Rainbird Cafe. Unlike the timid Petunia, Hana is rather outspoken and brash. She loves the bizarre, the strange and the unexplainable. Hana clashes a lot with Todd Allison, whom she hates but tries to tolerate.
The mysterious woman responsible for the string of bombings in Melbourne. Todd Allison & Co. are trying to catch her, Cyril seems to be working for her, and all three of the Elkwoods, well, let's just say they seem to know a little too much
- Living a Double Life: Whoever she is, she's definitely not them in the daytime.
- Mad Bomber: Duh.
- The Syndicate: Violet's got people everywhere. They're in your cafes, in your streets, driving your trams...
- Villain Opening Scene: The first few pages offer us our first look at Violet and her nasty business, underscoring a heated argument between Todd and Clancey.