Characters: The Toadman Saga
The following are the main characters in The Toadman Saga.
Keith "The Toadman" Lesler
“Killing me won’t stop my legacy, you swine! A thousand more at my hand! A thousand more thrown in that river! The water shall turn red by my hand!”He's the driving force of the story. A Serial Killer who returned to life.
- An Axe to Grind: His primary weapon.
- Ax-Crazy: Lesler, already a violent killer, the shadowbeast's influence took away all of his emotions except bloodlust.
- And I Must Scream: In Origins before being brought back to life.
- Big Dumb Body: Acts as this to the Shadowbeast.
- Back from the Dead: Happens every thirty years.
I will give you a mortal, physical form that will appear every thirty or so years. But, in return, you will become a servant to me. All orders I give, you will obey without question. And this will be assured by the removal of every little feeling you have, except the ones for desire most.”An Eldritch Abomination that resurrected the Toadman.
- Aliens Are Bastards: The Shadowbeast again.
- Big Dumb Body: Uses the Toadman as this.
- A God Am I: Views himself as this.
“Do you have any idea how hard it is each night? How hard and terrifying it is to remember that night? I was scared out of my mind there, kid. Having to hide in the grass and watch that thing look for me, with his hideous face, and the heads...."The protagonist of the first story and a minor character in the second.
- The Hero
- Badass Normal
- Bold Explorer: When he was a kid.
- Characterization Marches On: Changes heavily in Toadman 2, adopting a cynical attitude.
- Cower Power
- Dark and Troubled Past: Oh, yes.
- Handicapped Badass: Loses his leg to the Toadman.
- Heroic BSOD: Implied to have one in-between the two main stories.
“You have no idea what I went through to get these, but it’ll be worth it. I promise, Abe.”Abram's friend. Major character in 1.
- All There in the Manual: His last name is never revealed in-story, but Wolfenmaus had said that it's Thomas, making him the son of Sheriff Thomas.
- Token Black
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Your Soul Is Mine: The Shadowbeast takes his soul in order to gain the power to manipulate Doyle.
Detective Tyler Smith
“My name is Tyler Smith. I’m a detective from Helena investigating a case you were involved with thirty years ago, and I wanted to talk to you about it."The protagonist of the second part. A detective investigating the murders.
- After Action, Villain Analysis: Tyler's job as the investigator of Abram's incident.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Tyler, so much.
Officer Doyle Wheeler
"When he was fifteen, he kidnapped Dianne Fletcher. Sweet girl, from what I’ve heard. Gutted her in 1911. You know the rest.”A beat cop working with Tyler.
- Dirty Cop: Tyler thinks of Doyle as one when they meet. Tyler is right as he is working with the shadowbeast.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Tyler slightly regrets punching out Doyle.
- Freudian Excuse: His father's death made him vulnerable to the shadowbeast's influence.
- You Have Failed Me: The Toadma kills him when he fails to defeat Tyler.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.