Characters: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
open/close all folders
Tabitha "Tibby" Anastasia Rollins
Carmen's mother. She's divorced and raises Carmen as a single mother. In the second book, however, she starts a relationship with a man called David. They go on to get married and have a son.
Albert "Al" Lowell
Carmen's father. Despite his and Christina's divorce, he and Carmen remained quite close, until he springs his new marriage with Lydia on her.
Carmen's stepbrother, a stoic
, popular athlete who is the man of the house till Albert marries Lydia. Carmen and Paul become somewhat close and she often talks to him for advice.
Carmen's stepsister, younger by a year or two, presented as a foil to Carment with her skinny frame, blonde hair, and quiet, polite demeanor. Later she tries to act and dress like Carmen.
Lena's younger sister.
Ariadne "Ari" Kaligaris
Georgios "George" Kaligaris
Mr. Rollins (given name unknown)
Tibby's younger brother.
Tibby's younger sister.
Marlene "Marly" Vreeland
Bridget's deceased mother.
Bridget's twin brother.
Bailey is a 12-year-old girl who has leukaemia. She becomes a close friend of Tibby's over the course of the first book. Near the end of the first book, she dies.
- Asian and Nerdy: In the movies.
- Dogged Nice Guy: He adores Tibby and is utterly loyal to her even when she's hurt him (he did give up once, but forgave her).
- Hollywood Nerd: Brian is described as unattractive in the first book (mostly because of his unibrow and lack of hygiene) but Leonardo Nam, who played him in the film, is certainly not ugly.
- Lovable Nerd
- Nerds Are Sexy: Tibby comes to think so, though it helps that she gets Brian to shower more regularly and dress better.
- Race Lift: Doesn't appear to be of Asian descent in the books as he is in the film.
Eric first appears in the first book as a soccer coach in the camp where Bridget spends her summer. She falls in love with him. However, near the end of the book he tells her that they can't be together because of their age difference. In the third book, two years after this, Bridget meets him again, and this time they end up becoming a couple.
Winthrop "Win" Sawyer
Win first appears in the third book. He is Carmen's love interest.
Julia first appears in the fourth book. She is Carmen's friend at university.