Characters: The Saints
Characters appearing in The Saints.
SoniaThe resident smart girl and main viewpoint character of the first arc. She’s snarky and clever, sometimes a little too snarky.
- Badass Bookworm
- Casual Danger Dialog: Sonia seems incapable of not snarking at people who could kill her easily.
- The Hero: Of the first arc, at least.
- Hostage for MacGuffin: Thorolf threatens Marcus, her twin, unless she hands over Simone’s locket. She complies.
- Necromancer: Uses necromancy more than any of the other Saints. However, it seems to be more closely related to Entropy and Chaos Magic than traditional necromancy.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Shock and Awe: The only member of The Saints to use electricity.
- Vampiric Draining: She uses this on a spirit to heal herself.
MarcusSonia’s twin brother. So far he seems to be the most magically proficient Saint.
- Batter Up
- Big Brother Instinct: Has this for his twin sister, Sonia, and her friend, Tori.
- Big Damn Heroes: He saves the rest of the Saints from a group of ghosts.
- Brought Down to Normal: Burns himself out magically during the fight with Thorolf.
- Elemental Powers: More so than anyone else.
- Garage Band: Mentioned briefly.
- Genre Savvy: Immediately gets nervous when Tori calls attention to how easy a job was.
- Hostage for MacGuffin: Briefly. Thorolf threatens to kill Marcus unless Sonia hands over Simone’s locket. She manages to save him but loses the locket in the process.
- Walking Tech Bane: The Industrial Path allows him to screw around with technology.
JasonThe resident big guy as well as the primary summoner.
- An Axe to Grind: Is overjoyed to find an axe, which he uses for the rest of the arc.
- The Big Guy: Described as being physically large as well as being the most physical figher.
- Fights Like a Normal
- Guile Hero: Sends an enchanted item to keep track of Thorolf when he escapes with the locket.
- I See Dead People: While all of the Saints can do this, it’s mentioned that he taught them how.
- Sarcastic Confession: To explain why he needs a cart full of improvised weapons.
- The Stoner: Implied but, so far, unseen.
- Summon Magic: His specialty.
KatrinaThe team medic. Possibly the team’s leader but that might be because shes the most level-headed of the group.
- The Beastmaster: She can control animals, using them in fights.
- The Medic
- Powerful Pick: Brings one to the fight with Thorolf.
- Shapeshifting: She can take on animal characteristics.
- Shapeshifter Weapon: Limited to more natural weapons, such as claws and fangs.
- Super Senses: With the above shapeshifting, she can take on and use animal senses.
- White Mage
ToriSonia’s best friend and the team illusionist.
- Charm Person
- Cool Big Sis: Is one to Lori.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Weaponized. See show some leg above.
- The Empath: Can sense others emotions.
- Master of Illusion
- Theme Naming: Her and her sister, Tori and Lori.
- Show Some Leg: Can increase the amount of lust someone feels, causing the victim to lose focus.
SimoneA powerful mage who catches Tori and Sonia breaking into her house. She offers them the choice of either an eternity of servitude to her or retrieving her stolen property from a powerful Draugr.
- Bad Ass: Was able to easily defeat Tori and Sonia.
- Also landed the killing blow on Thorolf.
- Doomed Hometown: Simone’s grandmother burned her house down and killed her parents.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Her “fight” with Tori and Sonia.
- Feuding Families: Simone’s father comes from a family of necromancers, her mother from a family of priestesses and witch doctors. It’s caused some problems.
- Fisher King: Her house responds to her will and mood. She weaponizes this and uses it against Toria and Sonia.
- MacGuffin: Her locket. Getting back from Thorolf is the entire point of the first arc.
- Mission Control: Acts as this during the fight with Thorolf. Until the end, that is.
- Orphan's Plot Trinket: Her locket.
- Training from Hell
- Shock and Awe: Kills Thorolf with a lightning stike.
- Space Master: A weaker version than most. Simone can warp distances, manipulate what can and cannot happen in a certain area, and keep neep near perfect spatial awareness.
ThorolfThe big bad of the first arc. Once a young wizard named Harold Evergreen. He died fighting a Draugr only to be revived as a draugr himself. Afterwards he fought Simone and stole her locket setting of the plot.
- Bad Ass: Fought off all of the Saints twice, as well as escaping the PCD.
- Big Bad: Of the first arc.
- Blow You Away: Uses this to cancel out Marcus’s fire.
- Creepy Cemetery: His home.
- Despair Gambit: Indirectly. Being in his presence causes hallucinations of things you fear, slowly driving you mad.
- The Dreaded: Even Simone didn’t want to face him directly.
- Fisher King: All of the ghosts in his graveyard have been driven insane by his presence.
- For the Evulz: He doesn’t actually have to eat people or torture his victims. He just wants to.
- Genre Savvy: Enchants the MacGuffin so he’ll always know where it is, as well as veiling it from magic.
- High Voltage Death
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: It doesn’t take.
- It Only Works Once: Quickly adapts to each strategy the Saints use.
- Neck Lift: Seems fond of this.
- The Undead
- Weather Manipulation
- Shock and Awe: As a sub-power, he calls lightning strikes down around him.