Characters / The Ricky Gervais Show
The host of his radio show. Prefers snarking on the stories of the other two rather than sharing his own, though he occasionally pitches in.
Ricky's friend and writing partner. Frequently tells stories of the awkward situations he's gotten into. Tends to be the most levelheaded of the trio.
- Adorkable: Frequently tells anecdotes about awkward social situations he's placed into.
- Fat and Skinny: Skinny to Ricky's fat.
- Jerkass: Less so than Ricky as he's willing to hear Karl out on his viewpoints. Though since the intention is still to mock him he's arguably just as bad.
- The Lancer
- Only Sane Man: He's not an idiot like Karl or quite as mercilessly cruel as Ricky.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: He prefers listening intently to Karl make a fool of himself rather than actively taunt him.
- The Smart Guy: The most educated and informed of the three, and it shows. While Ricky is quite sharp himself, he's quite prone to slip ups and misinformation, to the point of needing Steve or even Karl to correct him.
- Unlucky Everydude: Bad things seem to happen to him for no apparent reason.
Ricky and Stephen's sad producer/friend who they recruited onto the show after realizing how bizarre he was
- Butt Monkey: The show is a solid hour of the other two mocking him.
- Breakout Character
- Cloudcuckoolander: He tends to have... interesting ideas of how things work.
- The Comically Serious: Almost completely stoic at all times.
- Deadpan Snarker: On occasion, much to the surprise of Ricky and Steven. Though he has a tendency of failing at being one just as frequently as he succeeds.
- The Eeyore: He always seems glum, to the point where Steven and Ricky occasionally feel sorry for him.
- No Sense of Humor: Occasionally cracks an intentional joke but is otherwise completely deadpan.
- The Stoic: It's hard to get a reaction out of him, which is part of why he's so great to poke fun at.