Characters: The Proud Family
open/close all folders
- Acquired Situational Narcissism: In the episode "A Star Is Scorned" when she decides to quit the singing group LPDZ and gets her friends fired in order to go solo.
- Alliterative Name
- Balloon Belly: In "Tween Town"
- Beauty Mark
- Berserk Button: Insulting her. Lacienega usually pushes it.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: At times.
- Butt Monkey: Gets her fair share of bad luck, whether it be from her friends constantly ditching her, or from her own parents.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Go-Getter Girl
- Green-Eyed Monster: She becomes this in the episode "Poetic Justice" when Dijonay improves at poetry and becomes just as good as her.
- Nice Girl
- Not So Above It All: Falls victim to peer pressure a few times. She sometimes goes along with whatever her friends do, whether they are right or wrong.
- Only Sane Woman
- Out-of-Character Moment/Took a Level in Jerkass: In the episode, "Pulp Boot Camp," she acts very rude and disrespectful to her parents and Suga Mama. She also turns against her friends and bullies them along with the Gross Sisters. She eventually gets sent to Boot Camp and then realizes the errors of her ways when the Gross Sisters refuse to house her and tell her that the fact that she was sent to boot camp, she was a hardened thug instead of a regular bully.
- Properly Paranoid: In the episode "Thelma and Luis," when she finds out that the retirement home that Papi stayed in was actually a prison. She was right all along, but the adults didn't believe her (except for Suga Mama). She was proven right at the end of the episode, though.
- In another episode, Penny's teacher gives her report on Hillary Clinton a failing grade, despite the paper being excellent in quality. Penny concludes that her teacher has a personal grudge against her, which gets her a lecture from her mother about "making excuses"...which it turns out Penny actually wasn't, because Penny's teacher did give her an unfair grade, but not precisely because of a grudge against Penny. Actually, the teacher had a grudge against Suga Mama, which she took out on Penny.
- Straw Feminist
- Strong Family Resemblance: It's been said several times that Penny looks a lot like Trudy.
- The Unfavourite: Penny gets this when BeBe and CeCe are magically aged into teenagers. Her own mother even tells this directly to her face.
Voiced by: Tommy Davidson
- Achievements in Ignorance
- Berserk Button: Don't mention "Penny" and "boys" near him.
- Bumbling Dad
- Butt Monkey
- Can't Get Away with Nuthin'
- Cassandra Truth: See Properly Paranoid below.
- Catchphrase: "TRUDAAAAAYY!!"
- The Chew Toy: Yes, plenty of fans enjoy seeing Oscar suffer, only when he deserved it.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: In one episode when Oscar visits the zoo, Oscar admits to torturing an elephant with his friends. When the elephant sees him again, it does not end well for Oscar.
- Fat and Skinny: The skinny to Felix's Fat.
- Henpecked Husband: And how!!
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Sure Oscar may act obnoxious, but he cares about his wife and kids.
- Man Child
- Men Use Violence, Women Use Communication: Oscar is the personification of this trope.
- Never Live It Down: An In-Universe example. Oscar will never live down missing the shot at his high school basketball game. The moment is constantly brought up by Wizard Kelly.
- No Respect Guy
- Overprotective Dad
- Papa Wolf
- Properly Paranoid: About the Talking Baby and his ability to talk, but nobody believes him.
- Straw Loser
- This Loser Is You
- Too Dumb to Live: He sometimes falls into this when he ignores advice given to him regarding his safety and ends up bringing some of the bad luck on himself and also going through near-death experiences.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: On the Christmas special.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Not ugly, but very skinny compared to Trudy's curvaceous body.
- The Unfair Sex: Big time.
- The Unfavorite
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Sometimes.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: To Suga Mama, although she does admit she's proud of him on occasion.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: In the Thingy episode, he doesn't try to attack all the babies when they repeatedly hit him in the face. Subverted when he tries to fight the Talking Baby.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: The reason why Trudy and Suga Mama will always beat Oscar.
Voiced by: Paula Jai Parker
Voiced by: Jo Marie Payton
Bebe and Cece
Voiced by: Cedric the Entertainer
Voiced by: Alisa Reyes
Voiced by: Carlos Mencia
Voiced by: Alvaro Gutierrez
- Deadpan Snarker: Towards Suga Mama.
- The Hyena
- In one episode, he instead cries, twice. First, tears of joy when Suga Mama is marrying someone else, but she thinks he's sad. Second, he's sad when she's single again and back to her old self, and she thinks they're tears of joy.
- Jerkass: Insults Suga Mama in Spanish.
- Love at First Punch: More like "Love at First Insult", but in the movie he starts trying to court Suga Mama's clone when she insults him back.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Looks like an elderly version of Cesar Romero as The Joker sans makeup.
- No Guy Wants to Be Chased: Especially by Suga Mama. Inverted in the movie, too, wherein Suga Mama's clone (who can speak Spanish) starts throwing insults back at him. He immediately starts courting her (to no avail, though the rejections seem to make him all the more persistent).
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
Voiced by: Karen Malina White
Voiced by: Orlando Brown
Voiced by: Soleil Moon Frye
The Gross Sisters
Voiced by: Raquel Lee (Nubia)
Voiced by: Marcus T. Paulk
Voiced by: Aries Spears
The Talking Baby
Voiced by: Ron Glass
The Chang Triplets
Voiced by: Lydia Look
- Asians And Nerdy
- Butt Monkey: They get bullied by the Gross Sisters and sometimes get kicked out of events.
- No Name Given: Only one of the Chang triplets is ever given a name. (The girl in the red dress is Debbie).