Characters: The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
He's an excitable, adventure-loving boy who was raised by Bubbie, a talking whale. Despite her warnings, Flapjack is spellbound by K'nuckles' stories and has set his sights becoming a real ADVENTURER.
Voiced by: Thurop Van Orman
K'nuckles is a washed-up, old sailor who claims to be the greatest pirate the world has ever known. He's always telling over-the-top tales of his adventures and getting Flapjack wrapped up in his high seas hijinks.
- The Alcoholic/G-Rated Drug: Maple Syrup.
- Anti-Role Model
- Authority in Name Only: Revealed in "Down With the Ship" that his only naval experience was as a lowly cabin boy and that he appointed himself Captain after sinking the ship. He achieves this rank for real after managing to un-sink the same vessel.
- Book Dumb: He can only count to 3. But counting to three allowed him to save all of Stormalong once.
- Cool Old Guy: To an extent.
- Dirty Coward
- Heavy Sleeper
- I Was Quite a Looker: Claims to have been one before getting addicted to candy in "K'nuckles' Hilarious Problem."
- Jerk Ass
- Let's Get Dangerous: He's basically a lazy man who talks about adventures but never does them, barely knows how to write and count, and everyone in-universe makes fun of him, but he's capable of carrying Bubbie on his back, winning a fight alone against 100 pirates, escape from a room full of traps, sailing a ship in a storm during a fight against 8-Armed Willy, and stealing wish-candies from a mermaid, among other things and he's 70 or 80 years old.
- Mistaken for Pregnant
- Older Sidekick
- Older Than They Look: He looks middle aged.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: He claims to be an adventurer, yet he seems to actively avoid doing anything that involves leaving the harbor or performing manual labor. If he ever does go on an adventure, it's usually because Flapjack guilts him into it, or else by sheer accident.
- The Slacker: Once held the title for laziest man in Stormalong.
- Talk Like a Pirate
Bubbie is like an over-protective mother to Flapjack. She prefers the safety of Stormalong to the dangers of the open seas, but Bubbie is always there for Flapjack, no matter what kind of trouble K'nuckles gets him into.
Voiced by: Roz Ryan
She's the miserly old hag who runs the dock of Stormalong Harbor. The Dock Hag has an almost mystical flair for issuing tickets. And her favorite ticket is for leaving whales in the water unattended.
Peppermint Larry is the overly-friendly owner of the Candy Barrel. He's the only person who can satisfy our heroes' candy cravings. When they don't have money for candy. Larry feeds them unreliable clues to Candied Island.
The resident doctor and barber of Stormalong Harbor. Dr. Barber often comes off as having malicious intentions, though he usually means well.
Voiced by: Steve Little
Eight Armed Willy
The most dangerous creature on the high seas, Eight-Armed Willy is a bone-crushing sea monster with an appetite for whales, adventurers and especially candy. He's our heroes' main rival for Candied Island.
Voiced by: Richard McGonagle