Characters: The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
The main character and hero of the game. The catch is that you play as four Links in this game, but his/their destiny is the same as always. With the Four Sword/s in hand/s, he/they set out to Save the Princess and defeat the Evil Sorcerer Vaati.
- Always Save the Girl: Princess Zelda, of course.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: When the four Links fight alongside each other.
- Bash Brothers: The fact that the Link who collects the most rupees gets a special reward at the end of each level encourages this.
- Heroism Incentive: The Links have to prove their worth as heroes to the Great Fairies... by collecting lots of money for them.
- Implausible Fencing Powers
- Me's a Crowd
Princess Zelda is Link's childhood friend. At the beginning of the game, she explains the Four Sword´s backstory to Link. She is worried that the seal on Vaati might be weakening and goes to check on it, which promptly gets her kidnapped by Vaati.
- Damsel in Distress: Kidnapped before the end of the opening cinematic, again! That's got to be a record.
- Designated Victim: No surprise here.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Blonde, check. Innocent, check. Kind, check.
- The Heart
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness
- Light Is Good
- MacGuffin Girl
The Great Fairies
Three Great Fairies that hold the keys that are needed to advance further and eventually reach Vaati. However, they won´t give them to the Links for free. They first have to prove themselves to them by collecting many rupees.
- Big Good: They´re essentially this for the game.
- Cloudcuckoolander: They first grant the Links the heroic titles of "little eggs".
Vaati is a powerful Evil Sorcerer in Four Swords. No longer remembering his past as a Picori, his motivation is entirely based on his lust.
- Blow You Away: Did his title of "wind mage" not tip you off?!
- Dirty Old Man: He's several hundred years old, yet he kidnaps Zelda (who is around twelve) to be his bride.
- Evil Laugh
- Evil Sorcerer
- Faceless Eye
- Generic Doomsday Villain: He wants to force Zelda to marry him, because... erm... We aren't given a reason; apparently, he's just a pervert.
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: His entire motivation for this game is kidnapping Zelda and making her his bride.
- Interim Villain: More of a meta-example.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Word of God stated that this is the reason why he seems different from his Minish Cap interpretation. Apparently, Link gave him amnesia with the first defeat.
- Meaningful Name: In the Japanese version, he's called "Gufu", which literally means "tornado".
- Motive Decay: Chronologically. After the events of Minish Cap, Vaati lost his memory of being a Picori, and no longer desires the Light Force: all he wants is a bride.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He starts out sealed in the Four Sword.