The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service team
Tropes that apply to all of them:
- Crippling Overspecialization: Outside of Sasaki's computer skills, they've all got death-related or plain outlandish skills that don't translate to 'normal' jobs.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dysfunction Junction
- Only Sane Man: They tend to trade places each story depending upon who's in focus; sometimes it's Sasaki, other times it's Karatsu, but they all have their moments of temporary insanity.
A Senior at an average Buddhist university. He can hear the voices of the dead.
''"Let's go see some dead people!"
The founder of Kurosagi, she takes pictures of the dead to sell on the internet and gathers information.
A member of Kurosagi, he can dowse with a pendulum to locate dead bodies.
A member of Kurosagi. She's an embalmer, which she learned from studying abroad.
A member of Kurosagi. He channels Aliens through his sock puppet.
- Blinding Bangs
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: No, not Yata, he's actually pretty normal, it's his alien puppet that's spacey.
- Demonic Dummy or Ventriloquism: It's ambiguous whether Keerellis is a real alien or just something Yata made up. You can't see lips move in a manga. There are hints of the former being true.
- Jerkass: Keerellis.
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: If Keerellis is a real alien, he's certainly suffering from this, seeing as he's outright offended when the group tries to dissect a doll.
- Not Now, Kiddo: Keerellis occasionally notices very important things the others don't. Unfortunately, he tends to get brushed off when he points them out (even by Yata!).
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: His official role in the group, according to him, is "cosmic advice and odd jobs." And Keerellis' advice isn't particularly useful a lot of the time.
- It's eventually revealed that Keerellis isn't quite as useless as expected, as he apparently has access to the Akashic Records, which might be the universe's version of the afterlife (or at least connected to it.) However, all he's done with this ability is commune with the spirit of a dead goldfish.
Former police detective
who now handles the dead and other social services issues in their prefecture of the city. Naturally, they increasingly come into contact with him as the series progresses.