Characters: The Kindaichi Case Files
The main characters of the series. He is the grandson of famous detective,Kosuke Kindaichi
, and picked up the tricks of his trade from Grandpa, using his great detective skills to solve the crimes occurring in the series.
Voiced by: Akiko Nakagawa
The childhood friend and next door neighbor of Hajime Kindaichi, or "Hajime-chan". Miyuki is an honors student at her and Hajime's high school. Many of her classmates and teachers wonder why she hangs around a guy like Kindaichi, but Miyuki knows that Kindaichi is a lot more than he leads on.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Hajime.
- Damsel in Distress: Sometimes. Subverted in The Magical Express where the puppeteer of hell apparently kidnapped her but it turned to be a puppet.
- Dude Magnet: Has a few guys chasing after her besides Kindaichi.
- Girl Next Door
- Informed Attractiveness: She is Kindaichi's Love Interest, is the most desired girl in her high school and in most of the cases at least one guy is interested in her. She has exactly the same body type as other girls in the series and her face is very normal too. Later stories place some emphasis on her somewhat generous bust size.
- Rapunzel Hair: Reaches down to her waist.
- Satellite Love Interest: To Kindaichi. Even her other relationships (Wakaba in the mummy case) or hobbies (her drama club's membership in the Phantom of Opera case) are only plot devices to drag Kindaichi to the next mystery (and she is very Out of Focus in those cases.)
- Tsundere: Type B. Miyuki is usually a sweet and even tempered young lady, but she gets pissed whenever Kindaichi does a perverted act.
- The Watson
A Tokyo homicide police inspector skilled in Judo. After meeting Kindaichi in the first case of the series, Kenmochi has always supported Hajime and his deduction prowess.
A police superintendent and Kenmochi's supervisor. Akechi is a rival of sorts for Kindaichi, but they both a mutual respect for each other.
- The Ace: He is a former straight-A student, Todai graduate, amateur chess player (who ranks somewhere among the world's best amateur players), trained violinist (who can play for a professional quartet), capable fencer (who once beat the national champion) and can pilot planes too.
- Always Someone Better: To Kindaichi. Although this is subverted in his first appearance, Death TV. He keeps trying to show up Kindaichi by solving the case rather quickly, but in doing so, he misses several clues and falls for the killer's tricks rather easily.
- Bishōnen: Of the Megane variety.
- Chick Magnet: The ladies do love him.
- The Rival: To Hajime Kindaichi. Their investigative prowess are evenly matched.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Smug as he may be, he's got the smarts to back it up.
- Smug Snake: Especially in Death TV.