There is an option now on your profile page
to use "compact" folders. This works pretty well for phone users and others who like less scrolling.
Characters: The Idolmaster-Puchimasu
Characters originating from Puchim@s! Petit iDOLM@STER
. A comedic manga
later adapted into a series of anime shorts with Drama CD
support, it contains Super-Deformed
personalities of the core iM@S
cast: mysterious lifeforms encountered by the idols while working around the world.Back to the main character index
open/close all folders
Puchim@s provides examples of:
- Birds of a Feather: Many of the Puchidols (that don't live in the office itself) live with their respective core idols, with the exceptions of Takane (who cares for Koami and Komami) and the Futami twins (who jointly care for Takanya).
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: While they're all child-like and quirky, many of them show shocking competency in strange areas, especially when they start with the idols' various shoots and shows.
- Cat Smile: A common default expression for many Puchidols, though most apparent on Afu.
- Cuteness Proximity: Takane is the most affected.
- Kotori could give her competition with it as well.
- Does Not Like Shoes: The Puchidols are usually barefoot.
- Formally Named Pet: Harukasan and Miurasan, who were both named by Haruka.
- Fun Size
- God Guise: Harukasan originates from an unnamed island where the villagers call Puchidols as such. The OVA reveals she has temples and monuments dedicated to her. Chihya and Io are shown to be from the same island (according to Miki), while Koami and Komami are indirectly hinted to be from there as well.
- Hammerspace: Several Puchidols can produce items as large as their bodies from outta nowhere.
- Head Pet: They love to rest on an idol's head. Special mention for Miurasan, who can teleport the person she's on atop.
- Hilarity Ensues: The formula, really.
- Panty Shot: No really. Harukasan gets it the most. Because of their little bodies, it has the appearance of a cutesy diaper.
- Powerpuff Girl Hands
- Pretty Freeloaders: More 'cute' than 'pretty' though, and a couple do more to carry their share of work, especially in the manga.
- Rapunzel Hair: Due to their small bodies, several have hair as long (or longer) as they are tall.
- Running Gag: In addition to the standard Idolmaster gags, there are several restricted to this manga, e.g. Chihaya's tendency to give weird names to the petit idols or Haruka's tendency to pour water on Haruka-san to make it multiply.
- Horrible Camping Trip: Every time they go on vacation or travel overseas. Especially when Harukasan is brought or sneaks herself along.
- The Kindnapper: Whenever the Producer is caught alone in public with a Puchidol, he gets arrested by the police for being a child predator, even though he's not.
- Signature Move: Harukasan's multiplication, Io's laser beam, Miurasan's teleportation, etc.
- Similar Squad: Each Puchidol exaggerates the character flaws, or incorporates a popular fan meme, of the core idol she looks like.
- Super-Deformed: Though they're treated as "mysterious lifeforms" in-universe, they're really just chibi versions of the idols.
- Talking to Himself: Each Puchidol is voiced by the same voice actress as the idol she's based on.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Aside from their unusual powers, no one questions the Puchidols' existence. They ride trains, purchase merchandise, visit the neighbors... it's all considered normal. No one questions why they look so much like the idols, either.
- Weirdness Censor: The surprising antics a Puchidol does will eventually become the new norm.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: If placed on someone's head, she'll start chewing on their hair. Haruka really loves it.
- Asteroids Monster: When doused with fresh room-temperature water, she multiplies, or...
- Size Shifter: ... grow in size.
- Beyond the Impossible: On very rare occassions, she has multiplied without water. No one knows the exact mechanics of how or why it happens, but fortunately, she doesn't make more than two or three copies in this manner.
- The Dreaded: The only Puchidol outright feared by most of the main cast. If at all possible, she is never left unsupervised.
- Expy: She multiplies when splashed with water, turns wild when fed after midnight. and she is sensitive to sunlight. Sound familiar?
- Face Hugger: Iori and Haruka are the common targets.
- Happy Rain: She loves to play in the rain, and will always attempt to sneak or beg someone to let her out. Because of her unique reaction to water, everyone does everything they can to not let it happen.
- Hive Mind: When multiplied all her copies generally have the same objective or target the same person.
- Killer Rabbit: Agreed to be the most dangerous of all the Puchidols, for good reason.
- Lethally Stupid: While not exactly lethal and not totally dumb, she has a bad tendency to do a lot of damage without meaning to, especially when she multiplies. She's much more intentionally dangerous when she goes wild.
- Perpetual Smiler: Almost always seen with a vacant, open-mouthed smile, especially when she and her multiples rampage. The only time she isn't smiling is when she's being intimidated by Ritsuko.
- Pokémon Speak: "Kakka!" (Sometimes stretched out to "Harukakka!" note ), "Vaai~"
- Mondegreen: The manga implies Harukasan does not understand what anyone is saying to her. This even includes the other Puchidols.
- Speak In Unison: Her swarming legion of copies.
- Snot Bubble: It's even audible.
- Soul Jar: The ribbons on her head. If someone removes them, she becomes lifeless. This action must be performed if she turns evil upon eating after midnight, in order to make her normal again.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Go ahead and feed her after midnight. If you want to jump start the Apocalypse, spill some water on her after doing it.
- As the manga shows, Yukiho can stop the apocalypse. She'll just be screaming all the while.
- Weakened by the Light: Non-evil version.
- Zerg Rush: Once exposed to water. The only characters who can stop her are Ritsuko, Yayoi, and Yukiho. Ritsuko's method involves You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry, scaring Harukasan back to normal. Yayoi's method is something of a Noodle Incident, implied to involve a lot of violence and trauma. Yukiho's method gets played as Forgot About Her Powers, due to the fear trauma Yukiho experiences.
- A-Cup Angst: Can be confrontational with big-breasted people, particularly Miki.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: Whenever she really likes someone, she'll climb on their head and pat them repeatedly. It also doubles as a form of communication. Chihaya gets the lion's share of this treatment, but Ritsuko as well on rare occassion.
- The Blind Leading the Blind: Her full day escapade of travelling through town to deliver Chihaya a music sheet.
- Face Hugger: How she goes to sleep when around others. Usually on Chihaya.
- Idol Singer: She can sing Enka style songs using nothing but a series of "Kuh!"
- Informed Flaw: Said to bite people with Boing-Boing. Though the only people she ever bit are Miki and Afu, not the other big breasted idols like Takane or Azusa.
- She used to snap and hiss at Ritsuko, but changed nature after she fed her lunch. Takane tends to be Hidden Buxom, due to her choice of clothing, but Chihya was openly angry when Takane tried to kidnap her once. She snapped at Azusa when being taught how to swim (due to Azusa's bikini).
- Pokémon Speak: "Kuh!" note
- Spell My Name with an S: The romanization of her name can either be Chihya or Chihyaa. Funimation's subs use Chihyah.
- Super Drowning Skills: Drowns the instant she makes contact with a swimming pool or the ocean.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Milk. She seems to drink several cartons of it each day.
- The comedic reasoning behind this is due to a common Japanese urban legend that young girls who drink a lot of milk (or go to sleep early) will grow large breasts.
- Wild Hair: In winter, her hair grows out slightly and becomes shaggy. It also makes the shape of cat ears on the top of her head.
- Big Breast Pride: Insane as it may be, and much to Chihya's rage, she's one of the better endowed Puchidols. In the second teaser commercial and during Episode 9 she taunts Chihya for being flat. Viewers are told though they can not see a difference, to the Puchidols there is.
- Black Bra and Panties: Her panties. At least according to Episode 0 of the anime.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: In summer, her hair turns brown and becomes short, along with her Ahoge curling up into a heart shape. This is a result of her mating season, which causes her to cling to every male (and Makoto) in sight.
- Face Hugger: To men (and Makoto) during her mating season.
- Flash Step
- Groin Attack: How she stops the Producer from stopping her.
- Jerk Ass: She certainly has bouts of this due to her selfishness. It ranges in severity from swiping food (especially onigiri) from other people, to jumping on other sleeping Puchidols and sleeping on them, to trashing the office for no discernible reason.
- Pokémon Speak: "Nano!" and "Afuu!" When her hair changes in the summer, "Hanii!" note gets added to her vocabulary.
- Sleepy Head
- Spoiled Brat
- Trademark Favorite Food: Rice balls.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Does it to escape from Ritsuko.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: If she hasn't seen a Puchidol for awhile, she rushes to do this on them.
- Cool Big Sis: To the other Puchidols.
- The Ingenue
- Gainaxing: As absurd as it may seem. See Episode 0 for the most obvious proof.
- Oh Crap: A reaction several of the cast have whenever she appears, due to her Random Teleportation and the ease with which it can happen.
- Pokémon Speak: "Ara!"note
- Also says "Standyby" when she predicts a teleport is coming.
- Power Incontinence: She cannot use her teleport ability without another person making a loud sound or clapping their hands. When such an event occurs, she cannot prevent from teleporting. The location of where she will appear tends to depend on the surface thoughts of the person making the noise.
- Power Nullifier: Ear muffs.
- Random Teleportation: She does this when startled, usually by someone else clapping their hands.
- Absurd Cutting Power: When she throws a sheet of paper or cardboard, it can slice through any substance.
- An Odd Place to Sleep: Suspended upside-down from the ceiling.
- Big Eater
- Cry Cute: For all of her compusure and acts of Crazy Awesome, she gets terribly lonely and being left alone or shunned causes her to break down into tears.
- Pokémon Speak: Semi-averted. She is capable of saying more than a handful of things, but nothing longer than two syllables. However, more often than not she tends to default to saying "Shijo".
- The Smart Gal: Shown to be highly intelligent. Sometimes the other Puchidols seek her advice for their problems.
- Talking with Signs: She is capable of reading and writing, thus she uses this as a form of communication.
- Tug Lover War: Being in the care of twins has this disadvantage from time to time.
- The Unfavorite: Seems like it with Takane who doesn't get overexcited over her and even tries to pawn her off to Chihaya.
- Walk on Water
Koami & Komami
- An Odd Place to Sleep: She likes to sleep in tight closed spaces, which is a major reason for her digging holes in the floor. The main cast keep empty boxes for her, so she stops doing it.
- Flag Signals: She knows how to communicate using signal flags.
- Impractical Musical Instrument Skills: Can communicate with others by playing a Puchidol sized bugle.
- Little Bit Beastly: Grows a fluffy, raccoon-like tail in winter.
- Nice Girl: She is frequently seen comforting other characters who are angry or depressed.
- Pokémon Speak: "Poe~"
- The Quiet One: To the point where even though she was the first Puchidol introduced in the manga, it took almost three real world years before she actually started speaking.
- Shovel Strike: Her shovel can burrow through any substance. It's also used as a solution for most problems Yukipo encounters, like opening doors or turning on a stove.
- Sleepyhead: Though she is very helpful with chores and spends time comforting the main cast, Yukipo spends a large amount of the day sleeping. Afu tends to be a jerk and steal her favorite sleeping spots.
- Balloon Belly
- Bare Your Midriff: Her default outfit.
- Big Eater: Enforced by Makoto and Takane, because they believe she looks cuter when fat. Takane also thinks Makochii will float like a blimp if she's fat enough.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Ends up part of a shockingly popular consultation radio segment despite her Pokémon Speak.
- Gamer Chick: She's proven that in a fighting game, all she needs is one hit to chain an infinite combo. In a taiko game, she's like a machine gun.
- Oh Crap: Every time Makoto shows affection or wants to feed Makochii. It's not that she dislikes getting attention, it's because Makoto is There Is No Kill Like Overkill with it. She also reacts this way when Takane erroneously believes that overfeeding Makochii with mandarin oranges will grant her Flight. Takane being Takane, no amount of logical reasoning will discourage her from achieving it. Makochii tries to run and hide whenever it happens.
- Pokémon Speak: "Yaa!" (sometimes stretched out to "Yaarii!") and "Makyo!"
- Super Strength: Minor version. She's capable of keeping humans in her wrestling holds and throwing them several feet through the air.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Despite the fact that Makoto was trying to teach her karate...
- The Cameo: The person teaching her wrestling is Heihachi Mishima from Tekken.
Traits unique to the Producer of Puchim@s:
Voiced by: Junji Majima
- Butt Monkey
- The Faceless: His head is shaped like a giant yellow letter "P".
- Heroic Build: Loves to show it off, but the idols largely ignore him.
- It Amused Me: The reason for several of his dumbest schemes. Usually gets beaten-up by Ritsuko or Iori when they learn of it.
- Large Ham: TRIPLE BICEPS!
- Master of Disguise: According to the Puchim@s! manga, the Producer's actual head is shaped like a giant yellow P. The reason why various incarnations of iM@S have different looking Producers is because he wears several human looking masks with different appearances. No-one knows why he bothers.
- Office Romance: Ritsuko, Chicchan, and Afu during her mating season. Producer seems to prefer Ritsuko.
- The Other Darrin: Junji Majima.
- Ship Tease: Ritsuko, Chicchan, and Afu during her mating season.