Characters: The Gamers Alliance Two
Characters that appear in The Gamer's Alliance
. There are so many
that they occupy five pages. This page is for all of the present members and factions of the Crimson Coalition.<< Previous page | Next page >>
Contains spoilers. You have been warned.
open/close all folders
Lord of the Dark Elves who was banished for an attempted coup for the throne of Sanae. He sides with the Coalition and hopes to create a strong, everlasting elven empire under his ideals.
- Ambition Is Evil: He was a skilled warrior who wished to take over the throne of Sanae for himself. He ends up exiled as a result.
- The Exile: He was exiled after his bid for the throne of Sanae failed, and he gathered like-minded exiles and eventually formed what became known as Dark Elves.
- Our Elves Are Better
- Visionary Villain: He wishes to create a strong, everlasting elven empire by forcibly uniting all the elven civilizations under one rule—his rule.
- Lirado Qavennurrie
Kamelith's right-hand elf who orchestrated the Maar Sul Gang War under the alias Lieutenant X just to steal Tiyana from the Nightstalkers. He's utterly devoted to his lord Kamelith's ideals.
- The Chessmaster: He orchestrates the Maar Sul Gang War between the Nightstalkers and the Mathesons and even gets SAVAGE and Totenkopfs involved while he's pretending to be a SAVAGE officer. He does it solely to locate Tiyana whom he recruits to the Dark Elves faction.
- The Mole: He pretended to be Lieutenant X, a loyal SAVAGE officer, but was actually working for the Dark Elves all along as a mole and only used SAVAGE's resources to locate Tiyana.
- Our Elves Are Better
- Tiyana Natiya
A time mage who has a one night stand with Briss which gets her pregnant as a result. She ends up kidnapped by the Nightstalkers who drug her and use them as the head whore in their brothel business until she's freed by Lirado who recruits her to the Dark Elves who wish to use her time magic powers for their own ends.
- Break the Cutie: She's a headstrong elfess who has horrible things happen to her after the Nightstalkers have kidnapped her. She's fed highly addictive drugs which make her submissive and crave for more, and the Nightstalkers use her as a "prototype prostitute" in their new brothel business with horrifying results. She only gets out of the nightmare after the Dark Elves save her and give her a chance to become the headstrong mage she used to be.
- Love Interest: She has a one night stand with Briss and gets pregnant. The two are reunited in Trinity Gask later where she reveals Briss that they'll have a child.
- Our Elves Are Better
- Streetwalker: She ends up becoming a drugged with addictive drugs and becomes the head prostitute in the Nightstalkers' prostitute ring in Maar Sul City for a time until the Dark Elves save her.
- Time Master: She's a competent time mage which ends up being the reason why she's recruited by the Dark Elves in the first place.
- Andrei Pronin
"Workers of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your lives, your freedom, and all of your worldly possessions!"
The infamous man who formed the Proninist Party. He began the Proninist invasion of Maar Sul which went well for a while until he was captured after the Second Battle of Maar Sul. He was assassinated in his cell by the mysterious Wolfsbane. Pronin's death had a lasting impact on the history of the world as it forced the Proninists to seek assistance from other factions, which led to the forming of the Crimson Coalition.
- Badass Beard: Has a proper Van Dyke beard.
- Dirty Communists: Pronin forms the Proninist Party which wants to liberate the masses... who will then become the Party's slaves.
- Killed Off for Real: His death has major repercussions on the world at large.
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: Whenever Pronin shapeshifts into a wolf, there's always a risk that animal instincts take over and he'll be stuck in the animal form permanently. This mode lock happens to Pronin during the decisive assault on Maar Sul City, which leads to his defeat and capture by Gerard.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: He can shapeshift into a wolf.
- Boris Ivanov
"I'll do whatever it takes to bring you down."
The new leader of the Proninists. He idolizes Andrei Pronin and wishes to continue his work. He was convinced to join the Crimson Coalition in order to combat the growing Grand Alliance. A stout, intelligent man with tremendous strength, he's not to be underestimated despite his age.
- Cool Old Guy: He's well over his 50s but can still kick ass.
- Dirty Communists: He's a Proninist, duh.
- Dragon Ascendant: He used to be Pronin's second-in-command but became the new leader of the Proninist Party after Andrei Pronin's demise.
Rebels and Mullencamp
- Endoran L'Sarius
A scheming sorceress who acts as Glaurung's advisor. Despite acting as a loyal supporter, she has a hidden agenda and has considerable influence over Glaurung. She also shares a past with Ax.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: She's a countess and not exactly a nice person.
- Co-Dragons: One of the three dragons who serve Glaurung. Her role is the warlady's political advisor.
- Evil Mentor: To Glaurung out of all people.
- Glaurung Losstarot
"With this Crimson Coalition on my side, I shall succeed where my ancestors failed! This shall be a war that will end all wars, and my son and I shall lead us to victory!"
A charismatic knight, leader of the Crimson Coalition and a loving mother of her only son and heir Hannibal. She has a vision of a world without borders which she plans to turn real by conquering the nations of the world.
- Action Mom: A badass mother for sure.
- Badass in Distress: Becomes this when she is kidnapped by Vaetris. She ended up captured only because her opponent turned out to be way stronger than she had assumed.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She's been through a lot in her life, and past, traumatic experiences have shaped her personality.
- Dark Messiah: She is a charismatic leader who doesn't worry if she has to break a few eggs to make an omelet.
- Mama Bear: Those who tried to hurt her son certainly regretted it by the time she had finished with them.
- Rape as Drama: She was raped in the past, which traumatized her and turned her into the woman she now is.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Glaurung's goals of world peace are noble but the means which she uses to create such an utopia are less than ideal.
- Grace Ripley
New captain of the S-Class Mullencamp after Tybalt's death. She's resourceful and utterly loyal to the Losstarots. She aids Jono Renfield against Saleos's demon posse.
- Action Girl: She's a fine warrior who more than happily engages enemies in combat if that way she can protect her liege.
- The Captain: She's the captain of the S-Class Mullencamp.
- Hannibal Losstarot
"Just call me Hannibal, ok? I hate all that boring formal stuff."
The adolescent son and heir of Glaurung Losstarot. Despite being a devoted follower of the Coalition's ideals, he has recently begun to see the Grand Alliance in a new light when a few turncoat heroes saved his life. He likes to flirt with girls and is quite polite and cunning. He has been trained in the art of war by his elite guard, the Vulfsatz.
- Affably Evil: Hannibal treats the heroes like friends and even flirts with some of them even though he makes his army's destructive intentions clear.
- Archer Archetype: He's graceful in his movements, uses the bow as his primary weapon and keeps his distance when fighting enemies although he's still strong enough to hold his own in close combat. He's analytical in combat situations and has a keen eye for details thanks to his training as a bowman which has made him pay attention to vulnerable spots in enemy armors.
- Bodyguard Betrayal: He is betrayed by his bodyguard Caliban who hands him over to a group of Totenkopfs.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He is pretty much this. He is extremely interested in female anatomy and sometimes makes quite lewd comments about those he considers attractive and flirts quite openly, but has not forced himself on anyone despite the Losstarot tradition.
- Distressed Dude: Becomes imprisoned for a while in the Vanna arc until some Grand Alliance heroes help him return home.
- Overlord Jr.: He is his mother's son and has the potential to become even more powerful than she is.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Hannibal is very cunning and is quite proficient in using various weapons and spells. He is quickly growing into another dangerous Losstarot warlord if he keeps up the pace.
- Young And In Charge: Ends up in charge of the Crimson Coalition after his mother is kidnapped. Although many councillors scoff at the idea at first, he quickly demonstrates his power and cunning befitting of a Losstarot and makes it clear that he's the one in charge now.
- Young Conqueror: He is young but wants to take over the world like any good Losstarot would do.
- Leopold Lain
"You'd do well to remember that I too am a descendant of Losstarot. People once underestimated Arawn and Sydney, and we all know what happened. I advise you not to make the same mistake."
The determined and loyal general of the Coalition's army. He is related to Glaurung by blood and wishes to realize her dream of a united Libaterra. He is also working with rogue Faerfolc, however, but likes to keep his alliance with them a secret for the time being for reasons unknown.
- Cool Helmet: He wears a distinctive helmet that hides the scarred lower half of his face.
- Co-Dragons: One of the three dragons who serve Glaurung. His role is the general of the warlady's army.
- Dragon with an Agenda: Despite working for Glaurung and being loyal to her, he also has other plans which are his alone to know.
- Four-Star Badass: He's the general of the Coalition's army, and he's certainly worthy of the title.
- Red Baron: He is called the Fist of Losstarot and for a good reason.
- Sinister Scythe: He gets a switchblade scythe from Glaurung, and it becomes his signature weapon.
"Long live Master Losstarot!"
Captain of the S-Class Mullencamp until he lost his life in pursuit of Leon Alcibiates's Fellowship of Maar Sul. It seems like the fellowship had killed him but he was actually backstabbed by his officer Caliban under orders from the Totenkopfs who used the captain's death to motivate the Vulfsatz to hunt the fellowship down.
- Bald of Awesome: He has one.
- Big Brother Mentor: He is pretty much this to Hannibal who views him as a big brother he never had.
- The Captain: He was the captain of S-Class Mullencamp.
- Killed Off for Real: Yet another death that showcases that Anyone Can Die in the story.
- Like a Son to Me: Orestes sees Tybalt as his son, which is why he's heartbroken to hear of his death.
- Sacrificial Lamb: He's introduced as a badass captain with cloes ties to Hannibal and Orestes and leaves to track down the fellowship. It appears at first he'll become a recurring antagonist... until his body is brought back to Hannibal who, stricken with grief, orders the Vulfsatz to hunt down the fellowship, thus kicking off the real pursuit. His death also leads to Caliban being assigned as a bodyguard to Hannibal, which serves the Totenkopfs' plans when they kidnap Hannibal, thus further motivating the Coalition to oppose the Alliance and Alent.
The most cunning member of the Three, he likes the art of deception and gaining his enemies' trust before stabbing them in the back. He likes to avoid violence when necessary and prefers to work in the shadows. He travelled with the Alliance during the Vanna adventures for a while but abandoned them when his mission was complete.
- Manipulative Bastard: He knows how to exploit people's emotional weaknesses for his own ends.
- The Mole: He pretended to be a slave elf in and tagged along with the Alliance's heroes but he did it solely to gain their trust and hamper their efforts to free Vanna from Adela's grip.
- Our Elves Are Better
An elven mercenary who often assumes the leader's position in the Three. He likes to do stuff for the sake of evil, and his companions have to keep reminding him to focus on the mission. He enjoys a good dose of violence and likes the challenge of outwitting smarter foes.
A somewhat crazy mage who really likes fire, he also hears voices in his head but is nevertheless the least evil member of the Three. His antics tend to annoy his companions but they tolerate him because he is a useful member.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He's often very clueless about what's going on around him. He hears voices in his head but what people don't know is that Yurius is influencing his mind.
- Hearing Voices: Ned hears the voice of a dragon named Mr. Sparky in his head. What he doesn't know, however, is that the dragon is the trapped demon lord Yurius who uses Ned for his own ends.
- Our Elves Are Better
- Pyro Maniac: He wants to make the world burn.
- Treacherous Advisor: Becomes this to Trittledin after the Three infiltrate Alent. He actively tries to sway Trittledin to take action and aids him, hoping that with Trittledin's help the Three can destabilize Alent long enough for the Coalition to strike the city down. He doesn't care the least bit for Trittledin's schemes and only uses the mage while pretending to be his loyal servant.
- Cain Highwind
"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated. However, the Abel you once knew is gone: my name is Cain now."
A former hero of the Grand Alliance, he had an embarrassing sexual encounter with the lustful mage Raine after which he was presumed dead. He survived, however, and was nursed back to health by the Totenkopf cult which used his traumas and vulnerable state to persuade him to join their ranks. He then infiltrated the reformed Alliance and travelled with them for a while until his true allegiance was exposed in Alent.
- Evil Costume Switch: As he changed his name from Abel to Cain, he also began wearing darker clothes.
- Fallen Hero: The war years really took their toll on him, and he was easy prey for the Totenkopfs who convinced him to join them.
- The Mole: Cain ostensibly works for the Alliance but is in fact spying on them for the Totenkopfs.
- Name of Cain: Abel adopts the name Cain after he turns to the dark side. It is also a pun because he used the name Abel while helping the heroes but adopted the name Cain (Dark Abel) when he joined the villains.
"The only true power is that of Death itself. Don't you see? It is inevitable."
A cunning lich sorcerer who has a tangled past with Leon and Jemuel. He acted as Jemuel's advisor until Jemuel betrayed the Underworld's cause, after which he rejoined the Totenkopfs and is now plotting to plunge the world into darkness.
- Back from the Dead: Happens to him twice. First, after being killed by Daven in Ofuchi's tower, and later after being killed by Khasra III in Alent.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: He rejoins the Totenkopfs after his second death in Alent, and both he and the Master, whom he had taught before he originally left for Alent, hold as much power in the Totenkopf cult.
- Body Surf: Drishnek's method is to move his spirit from one body to another. When he leaves for another body, the old host body dies.
- The Chess Master: Drishnek is very good at planning things and prefers to stay in the shadows especially after his second defeat. However, he is willing to get his bony fingers dirty if it is absolutely necessary.
- Evil Sorcerer: Very much so.
- Glowing Eyelights of Undeath: Quite creepy ones, too.
- The Man Behind the Man: He was the one who guided Dante to resurrect Jemuel, and he later acted as Jemuel's closest advisor with a plan to turn Jemuel into the commander of the Underworld.
- Our Liches Are Different
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: When Drishnek's plan is foiled by Richelieu and the purple paladins and Jemuel refuses to work for him any longer, he loses his mind completely and goes after the one person he hates the most and who is his most vulnerable enemy, Leon Alcibiates, only to end up killed by Leon's group. He regains his sanity after his resurrection, though.
- Squishy Wizard: He's quite fragile but extremely powerful. Only holy magic can hurt him.
- Soul Jar: He holds his essence in a phylactery. As long as the phylactery exists, he can never truly be banished forever.
- Treacherous Advisor: Drishnek turned out to be this after Jemuel realized he had been used. Although he genuinely wanted Jemuel oto become the commander of the undead horde, he didn't hesitate to attack Jemuel when he realized he could no longer control him.
- Wild Card: Although he acted as Death's herald for a long time, his status of undeath was revoked after one failure too many. After this he no longer answers to Death who betrayed him and instead starts his own agenda which is separate from Death's.
- Kamen Grimgaze
The enigmatic Master of the Totenkopfs who is responsible for the resurgence of the Blood Fever and who has been acting as a mole within the Alliance while furthering various sinister agendas.
The spokesman of the Master in the Coalition Council, he's a ruthless individual whose unkempt appearance masks a cunning mind. He keep his ambitions hidden even from his closest comrades, however.
"No, it's the other way around. The real question is: what do you want?"
A mysterious elven cultist with a cunning tongue, he knows the art of deception well. Although nominally a Totenkopf, his ambition grew enough for him to begin scheming against his masters and actually join Antigonus de Ardyn in a bid for power. However, his loyalty to Antigonus is shady at best, and he seems to have his own agenda, using everyone for his own gain.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: He's a blond from the desert elf clans which explains his skin tone.
- Dragon with an Agenda: To Antigonus out of all people. Although nominally still a Totenkopf, Thrax is also playing a game with Antigonus, hoping to use both factions to his advantage.
- Manipulative Bastard: He uses reverse questions to find a person's weak spot, after which he uses that spot to manipulate the person. His tongue might be his greatest weapon.
- Our Elves Are Better
"Finally I can unleash my next ode to chaos! Once I'm done, the Ravensworth incident will look like a mere prelude compared to this cacophonic masterpiece!"
A cunning but somewhat mad sorceress, she is obsessed with composing music and causing as much chaos as possible. She has remained a surprisingly loyal follower of the Totenkopf cult and has caused the Grand Alliance grief on several occasions.
- Abusive Sibling: Dorecia to Zenobia, and she went all the way to corrupt her younger sister.
- Dark Action Girl: Very much so.
- Mad Artist: She wishes to unleash odes to chaos and is willing to cause all sorts of mayhem in order to "compose" perfect music. She's musical but also nuts.
- Psycho for Hire: She doesn't care what she has to do as long as long as she gets to cause pain. The Totenkopfs were simply a means for her to express herself fully.
A strong member of the Vulfsatz who has been physically training Hannibal Losstarot. He is level-headed and prefers to think before attacking an enemy. When he talks, he always has something important to say.
- Combat Pragmatist: He is not afraid of fighting dirty if the situation calls for it, and this is what he keeps teaching Hannibal because in his view there is no room for chivalry on the battlefield.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: He is a very good boxer.
- Mighty Glacier: He's a tough guy.
- Tranquil Fury: He attacks his opponents with deadly precision, rarely showing his emotions in combat.
A cunning member of the Vulfsatz, he murders a member of the Alliance and takes his place in order to find out what the Alliance is planning. He has almost been exposed a few times but he has always managed to weave a believable tale to keep others' suspicion off. However, his time in the Alliance is slowly affecting him and he starts to see that not everyone in the Alliance is as awful as he has assumed.
- Black Magic: He's a very skilled black mage.
- Dead Person Impersonation: He kills the Maar Sulais operative Koskenkorva and takes his place in the Maar Sulais group in order to spy on the heroes and hamper their schemes. He's beginning to show some Becoming the Mask tendencies, though.
- The Mole: He's posing as a Maar Sulais operative but his true allegiance lies with the Coalition.
- Smug Snake: Very much so.
"We Vulfsatz are the best of the best. Where we strike, none live to tell the tale."
Leader of the Vulfsatz, an elite and loyal group of warriors and mages working directly under the Losstarots. He is determined to get the job done but he sometimes lets his emotions cloud his judgement, making some jobs more personal to him than they should be. He's mentored Hannibal and has grown close to him, becoming a foster father figure to the young warlord.
- Bodyguard Crush: Orestes has feelings for Glaurung but his sense of duty prevents him from letting her know anything about it.
- Co-Dragons: One of the three dragons who serve Glaurung. His role is the captain of the warlady's guard as well as her top assassin.
- Drowning My Sorrows: He likes to do this when things don't go his way, e.g. when he lost a duel to Despard.
- Knight in Sour Armor: He has seen the cruel side of the world, most notably when he lost his son, but he is nevertheless willing to fight for a better tomorrow and raise his master Hannibal to become a just and powerful leader of the Coalition.
- Parental Substitute: Orestes is this to Hannibal.
- Rhys Elendil
A contemplative healer and bard, he is the least violent member of the Vulfsatz. He often ponders the fate of his people, questioning whether the conflict will ever end, but he nevertheless follows his superior's orders without question.
- Adela al-Jamila bint Meher al-Saif
"Admit it, you've lost!"
The beautiful and ruthless Sultana of Vanna and High Cleric of Artemicia. She murdered her twin sister and banished her nephew Khalid. She does what she thinks is best for the sultanate, strengthening it for the impending demon invasion, but she's more than willing to get rid of anyone who tries to stand in her way. She and Khalid became bitter enemies, and she was eventually deposed in a coup orchestrated by Khalid and the Alliance, after which she sided with the Coalition to have her revenge.
- Driven by Envy: She became envious of Razia when Belial chose Razia over her. This led her to murder Razia and exile Khalid.
- Evil Aunt: To Khalid.
- Evil Twin: To her twin sister Razia.
- God Save Us From The Sultana: She's the head of the sultante during the Vanna storyline and is not a nice person.
- High Priest: She is the high cleric of the Clergy of Artemicia.
- Lady of War: She looks fragile but is very powerful thanks to her sorcery and mastery of the scimitars.
- Love Makes You Evil: As mentioned above, her mad love for Belial drove her to desperate actions and began her path to evil. Sadly she and Belial never get to meet after Khalid's exile.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: She kills her twin sister Razia in order to get closer to Belial. When Belial found out about his lover's death, he was not amused.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She's a sultana and can kick your ass anytime. There's a reason why the Sarquil males let women rule over them, after all...
- The Usurper: She killed her twin sister and took over the throne of Vanna while also forcing her nephew to go into exile.
- Woman Scorned: Belial really shouldn't have dissed her in favour of her twin sister. Hell hath no fury...
- Craig Rimner
An affable member and the Coalition Council's Scun representative. He can act like a jerk at times but he's also a decent enough singer who introduced the Coalition to the joys of Rimnerian Songs, also known as Scunnish drunk-singing with misheard lyrics.
- Jerk Ass: He can act like this at time because he's, well, a facking Scun.
The High Cleric of Nergal and former commander of the Libaterran Rebels. He's currently acting as one of the top generals of the Coalition.