Characters: The Da Vinci Code
- Adventurer Archaeologist: Well, symbologist, but he still fits the "adventurer" side of things.
- Badass Bookworm: Robert mostly relies on his brains to get through things, but proves capable of some physical feats from time to time.
- Claustrophobia: Does not like tight spaces.
- Clear My Name: How the plot kicks off, with Fache suspecting him of murder.
- Abusive Parents: His father killed his mother when he was young. Consequently, Silas murdered him and ended up on the streets.
- Badass: Fights off numerous policemen in the climax.
- Black Cloak: Wears one, as a monk.
- Evil Albino: Unstable assassin, Knight Templar, and albino, Silas ticks the boxes (despite numerous inaccuracies on albinism in the book).
- Heel Realisation: After shooting Aringarosa by accident, he realises that he has done wrong, carries his father figure to hospital and then dies praying for forgiveness.
- In the Hood: Wears a hooded robe.
- Knight Templar: Seems to believe that everything he does is just and that his enemies are immoral monsters.
- Only a Flesh Wound: He gets shot in the climax, but keeps fighting and only stops when he accidentally shoots Aringarosa. Deconstructed when he eventually bleeds to death.
- Redemption Equals Death: [[spoiler;After getting Aringarosa to help in time and praying for forgiveness, he bleeds to death]].
- Self-Harm: Part of how he punishes himself.
- A Taste of the Lash: Complete with an added taste of religious fanaticism.
- Tykebomb: Everything going wrong in his childhood led to his imprisonment and eventually resulted in his becoming an assassin.
- Warrior Monk: Both an assassin and a monk.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Zigzagged between this and Knight Templar. While he believes his actions are just and that his enemies are all wrong, he also hates having to murder people because he knows it's wrong, and only the belief that it's for the good of the church keeps him going.
- Would Hit a Girl: One of his victims in the book is a woman.
- Affably Evil: All said and done, he actually is a fairly polite gentleman.
- Big Bad: He's the reason that Silas killed the Priory members and kicked off the plot.
- The Chessmaster: He played everyone like a fiddle, up to and including his own manservant.
- Handicapped Badass: Despite suffering from polio, Leigh essentially sucker punches Silas with his crutches.
- Quintessential British Gentleman: Polite, serves tea and loves his money.
- Walking Spoiler: The sheer amount of blanked text should be a clue.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: His aim was to expose the Church as liars by exposing the truth about the Grail. To that end, he manipulated a man with a Knight Templar assassin at his command.
- Determinator: With regards to his work.
- Inspector Javert: To Robert Langdon, who he believes is responsible for the murder.
- Big Bad: The one ordering Silas around and kicking the plot off. Except it's a lie. He was manipulated.
- Meaningful Name / Genius Bonus it means Red Herring- well more accurately "pink herring", but this is Dan Brown...
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: His aim was to stop anyone finding out about the grail. He wasn't doing this For the Evulz, but genuinely believed it was misinformation that could damage the Church.