This is a list of characters in Terra Nova
open/close all folders
Played By: Jason O'Mara
- Berserk Button: Don't touch his kids. Or his wife.
- Cowboy Cop: Though oddly enough, Da Chief is still cowboy enough himself to rather appreciate it. Though as far as Terra Nova and Taylor is concerned, he's basically the -only- cop in town. Everyone else is technically part of the security force.
- Daddy Had a Good Reason for Abandoning You: Prison, in this case.
- Happily Married
- Overprotective Dad: Jim has shown signs of this towards his daughter's dating life.
- Papa Wolf: Don't mess with his kids. Ever.
- A great example happens in the finale. Josh has gotten himself into trouble protecting Skye from Lucas, and is currently being beaten by Phoenix soldiers. Skye tells Jim. Cut to a few minutes later, where Jim brains Lucas with a cane and beats the crap out of every soldier that tries to restrain him. They had to hold him at gunpoint to end it.
- Rags to Riches: Sort of. Jim goes from being an escape convict in the first episode to pretty much Taylor's right hand man and at one point temporary Commanding Officer of Terra Nova.
- Troll: Though he clearly doesn't have a problem with Reynolds dating his daughter, he seems to enjoy messing with Reynolds since he's always so serious.
Played By: Shelley Conn
Played By: Landon Liboiron
Played By: Naomi Scott
Played By: Alana Mansour
Terra Nova Residents
Commander Nathaniel Taylor
Played By: Stephen Lang
Played By: Allison Miller
Played By: Milo Hamada
Lieutenant Alicia Washington
Played By: Simone Kessell
Played By: Dean Geyer
Played By: Rod Hallett
Played By: Damien Garvey
- Affably Evil: Though he's more jerkass than evil.
- The Bartender
- Deadpan Snarker
- Jerkass/Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- The Mole: To a limited extent. He does business with the Sixers, but it's clear there's someone else in the camp that's actively betraying the colony.
- Noodle Incident: At least to anyone that isn't Boylan, Taylor, or Jim, why Taylor tolerates Boylan (and conversely, why Boylan is ultimately loyal to Terra Nova and will help Taylor). Ironically, said Noodle Incident is also seemingly responsible for his current state as Taylor had to bribe him to prevent him from being a good soldier and reporting Taylor's murder.
Played By: Christine Adams
The Phoenix Group
- Antagonistic Offspring
- Bad Boss
- Big Bad
- Brother-Sister Incest: Okay, so Skye may not technically be blood-related, but Lucas takes her treatment of his father as a father-figure as being enough to make them brother and sister. And then proceeds to come on to her in an extremely creepy fashion.
- Made of Iron
- Man Behind the Man: The Sixers work for him by proxy.
- Freudian Excuse: The reason he hates his father so much is because he failed to save his mother in Somalia when he was fourteen years old. The finale reveals that they were captured by rebels and Taylor had to choose between them to decide who lived. He picked Lucas. Lucas not only believes he should have died, but that Taylor blames him for it.
- Large Ham
- Not Quite Dead: Skye shoots him twice in the chest. In the couple of minutes she and Taylor stop paying attention to him, he's vanished.
- Psychotic Man Child: Why is he so eager to help destroy mankind's last hope for survival? To spite his father, that's why.
- Psychotic Smirk: Often.
- Self-Made Orphan: He really wants to do this. Comes pretty close, too.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Skye considers trying to beat the ignition code for a vehicle out of Lucas, but believes he would enjoy it.
- Villainous Incest: Towards Skye. They're not actually related (Taylor is a father figure to her rather than her actual father), but he refers to her as a sister nonetheless. This doesn't stop him from constantly touching her affectionately flirting with her.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: In the season finale, it was revealed that Somalia was, in Lucas' mind, simply the last straw in what had been a childhood/early adolescence where he was on the receiving in of his father's disappointment/disapproval. Considering what a total brat he is, one should take this with a grain of salt.