Characters: Tenkuu Senki Shurato
Characters in Tenkuu Senki Shurato!
open/close all folders
Shurato Hidaka aka Shura-oh Shurato
- Animal Motifs: Lions
- Big Eater
- Big Fancy House: Subverted. By Japanese standards Shurato's house is very big (specially considering it's in the middle of Tokyo), but it looks rather old as well. It's likely an old building from the post-war years that hasn't been modified in many decades.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Break the Cutie: Not only his best friend becomes his worst enemy, but he doesn't take the deaths of people like Saras, Mayuri, and Ryoma in almost immediate sucession very well. And yet, he doesn't break.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Gai's Cain, albeit in a childhood friends sense.
- The Determinator
- Heir to the Dojo
- The Hero
- Light Is Good: His armour is mostly white and golden. It contrasts sharply with Gai's.
- The Power of Friendship: He strongly believes in it, and one of his reasons to accept the call is because he doesn't want the Hachibushu to kill each other. The other is his desire to learn what led Gai to a Face-Heel Turn.
- Refusal of the Call: He wasn't thrilled at first with the fact that he was a Hachibushu, despite remarking on how beautiful Vishnu was. That is, until he saw Reiga and Ryoma's fight and he decides to not have friends fighting each other.
- Sacred First Kiss: He is appalled that Lakshu steals his first kiss.
- Simple Staff: his Vajra
- Shock and Awe
- This Loser Is You: People remark more than once on how unfit he is to be a Hachibushu.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Shurato has lots of raw power but lacks the proper training, as he was trained in martial arts on Earth but that doesn't exactly help him to control his Sohma when he's in the Tenkuukai.
- Ambiguously Bi: On one hand, he has feelings for Renge. On the other, he also has Ho Yay with Ryouma.
- An Ice Person
- Animal Motifs: Tigers
- Dual Wielding: His nunchaku
- The Lancer
- Taking the Bullet: Dies when he protects Shurato from a blast of energy coming from Gai. He gets better.
- Tiger Versus Dragon: He has a close relationship with Ryouma, and fights him once.
- Undying Loyalty: To Vishnu and Indra, giving him at first quite a bit of tunnel vision. When he realizes that Indra is NOT to be trusted anymore, he switches to Vishnu's side and joins Shurato's quest. Doesn't mean that he's not pained when he and Shurato finally face Indra.
Gai Kuroki aka Yasha-oh Gai
- Barrier Maiden
- Big Good
- Gender Flip: Vishnu is, as you know, a male god in Hindu myths. In this universe, well, nope.
- Healing Hands:
- Killed Off for Real: Vishnu can bring people Back from the Dead, but she herself ends up dying.
- Physical Goddess
- Silk Hiding Steel - A wise, softspoken, gentle goddess... who is compassionate and coolheaded, as well as plucky enough to personally recruit someone as hard to handle as Dan.
- Taken for Granite: Thank you, Indra. NOT.
- Woman in White
- World-Healing Wave: She releases one after being de-petrified, restoring both Tenkuukai and Earth and reviving the fallen Hachibushu. The only one she cannot bring back is Gai, since he's in the power of Shiva. And then it's massively subverted: when Shiva properly shows up, the Tenkuukai starts to fall apart again.
- Barrier Maiden: As she is the biggest candidate to become Vishnu's successor, due to her massive quantities of Sohma and her kind heart.
- Belly Dancer: Her outfit makes her look like one.
- The Cutie
- Dude, She's Like, in a Coma!: On her first meeting with Shurato, she kisses him while he's unconscious.
- Genki Girl
- Girlish Pigtails
- Go Through Me: Puts herself between Shurato and Gai, and tries to reason with the latter. It doesn't work, obviously, but she still stands her ground.
- Healing Hands
- Heroic Sacrifice: Was planning to make one via going to a magical spring in Horai that would allow her to empower Shurato with The Power of Love in exchange for her life. She lives to tell, though.
- The Ingenue
- Meaningful Name: Put together her name and her pet Mii's. They form "Lakshmi"... which is the name of the Hindu goddess of wealth, fortune and beauty, as well as God Vishnu's consort.
- Na´ve Newcomer: She has just left her village to travel through the Tenkuukai, so she's not exactly versed in how the outer world works.
- Never Got to Say Goodbye: "Ryoma... he died... and I didn't even get to say goodbye...!"
- Pink Means Feminine: Her Belly Dancer-like outfit is pink
- Plucky Girl: Despite painfully knowing she's not a fighter, Lakshu will NOT abandon her dear Shurato and her newfound friends.
- Tag Along Kid
- Tender Tears
- White Magician Girl: As the non-fighting healer of the group.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green.
Ususama Wisdom King Mayuri
The Asura Gods and their followers
Shiva the Goddess of Destruction
Gundari Wisdom King Kundalini
Gosanze Wisdom Queen Trylo
Fudou Wisdom King Akaranata
Earth Emperor Hailah
Sun Emperor Gantera
Moon Empress Santera
Fire Emperor Kubilah
Humans and Others
- Badass Grandpa: Is a well-respected martial artist, and trained both Shurato and Gai.
- Ascended Extra: Has a larger role in the OAV.
- Cool Big Sis: Gai's older sister, was this to Shurato.
- Girl Next Door
- Promotion to Parent: She helped her dad to raise Gai, since the Kuroki matriarch died when they were very young.
- Reality Warper: After Gai's death, Mina missed him so much that her lonely emotions started acting up and activated some kind of power, giving birth to Skrimir the God of Harmony. It's... complicated.