open/close all folders
- "You can talk the talk, but you can't walk the walk yet, loser!"
Voiced by: Hiroki Yasumoto
First appearance: Street Fighter III: The New Generation
The main character of the Street Fighter III series, he's a New York grappler who holds a grudge against Gill, after he'd beaten up Alex's trainer, Tom. After it, he decided to continue fighting and improving his skills against new opponents.
- Back Stab: Keeping a staple from the Street Fighter III series, his Flash Chop changes his grab attacks, as his opponent is facing away from him.
- Badass Normal
- Battle Strip: In his intro pose.
- Berserk Button: It doesn't matter how much he wants to fight Ryu. Call him "stupid", and Alex will kick your ass so bad, that you won't sit in any chair for the rest of your life, as seen in his ending:Galactor Soldier: Do you really want to spend the rest of your life chasing after some stupid Japanese street fighter?Alex: Stupid...?(cue asskicking)
- Bootstrapped Theme: "Jazzy NYC". Another of the thousands of remixes of the NYC level from Street Fighter III.
- Brooklyn Rage
- Captain Obvious: His victory quote towards Tekkaman somehow sounded like one until you read the other sentence."You must be an outer space knight. Cuz that getup would never catch on in the Bronx!"
- Fingerless Gloves
- Gratuitous English: He's voiced in this game by Hiroki Yasumoto. As an Internet dweller noted, he now sounds like a Japanese man trying and failing to sound like a dude from Brooklyn."Ret's rumble!""Why we waiting?"""Right away!""
- Martial Arts Headband
- Meteor Move: His "Hyper Bomb".
- Mighty Glacier: Albeit not at the same level he was in his home series, though he is one of the only normal-sized characters in the game with no double jump, limiting his mobility. But as usual, once he's on the offensive, he can dish it out quite well in the hands of a skilled player.
- Suplex Finisher: Gets one, which is also one of the few which works against giants as well as it does against foes his own size.Gold Lightan: You threw me! You really threw me! Are you really human!?
- Use Your Head: His "Stun Gun Headbutt" Level 1 Super: a flurry of headbutts which damages and stuns the opponent.
- Walking Shirtless Scene
- Worthy Opponent: He praises Ryu as the world's strongest fighter ever. See Berserk Button above."Never thought I'd meet you here, Ryu. Guess I should be grateful for this opportunity!"
- Wrestler in All of Us: His arsenal includes slams and wrestling moves. In this game, he gains a dropkick followup to his "Slash Elbow". Of course, Alex is a grappler. That said, some of his moves are more rooted in kickboxing.HYPA BOMB!
- "There's only one rule to fighting: the strong will win."
Voiced by: Nobuyuki Hiyama
First appearance: Rival Schools: United By Fate
The main character of the Rival Schools franchise, Batsu is a Hot-Blooded teen who got transferred to the Taiyo High School, and got involved in many fights going on between his new school and competing education centers.
- Ascended Extra: Prior to his ascension to playable, he appeared as part of Kyosuke's Level 3 super in Capcom vs. SNK 2.
- Bootstrapped Theme: The "Taiyo High School Rooftop" theme.
- Combination Attack: His Level 3 super (carried over from Rival Schools) is a special case as he teams up with his partner to perform one of three suped-up versions of his own specials, the specific attack depending on your choice of characters.
- If his partner is down, he'll always use his Hyper Guts Bullet, but it's been buffed thanks to his partner's spirit.
- Counter Attack: A variation of this via his Tardy Counter from his home series, where he's able to guard cancel into a move that provides Super Armor and a nasty amount of flinching on hit.
- Diving Kick: His Ryuusei Kick (Meteor/Shooting Star Kick). Oddly enough, it also shares the same name as Casshern's variation of it.
- Gratuitous English: Mocked in his victory quote against Alex:"Um... Um... I... don'toh... speaku Engrish! Sankyu! Good-bye!"
- Hot-Blooded: His attacks are based on his "burning vigor".Jun The Swan: You think it only takes guts to win? Someone needs a reality check.Karas: ... You are full of passion... That is something a Karas lacks...
- Manly Tears: His "Team-Up Technique" hyper move makes use of his partner. If said partner has been KO'd already, not only is it changed so that it's the partner's spirit helping him out and Batsu is crying, but the attack does more damage.
- Shoto Clone: Seems to take Ken's place, with his fiery Guts Uppercut, and weak but still useful projectile. And much like Ken himself, he's one of the more stronger characters on offense with some solid and quick simple moves and mixup.
- Title Drop: His Level 3 Super, where he teams up with his partner, is called "United By Fate".
- Unskilled, but Strong: By his own admission.""I betcha don't have as much guts as me!""
- Why Did It Have To Be Dogs?:(after winning against Casshan) "I... I can't take it anymore! I absolutely hate dogs! Sorry, but I've got to get out of here!"
- "Even in the air I can still dance all over your face!"
Voiced by: Fumiko Orikasa
First appearance: Street Fighter II: The World Warriors
- Amazonian Beauty: Her legs are massive pillars of muscle and most of her attacks and poses emphasize them.
- Badass Adorable: Would you expect a woman like her to jump for joy or strike a V Sign and proclaim "Yatta!"?
- Bootstrapped Theme: "China Stage" from Street Fighter II.
- Button Mashing: Her lightning kick.
- Chinese Girl: The original, in fact.
- Double Jump: Triple Jump, actually.
- Energy Ball: Her Kikoken and Kikosho.
- Ki Attacks: Her Kikoken.
- Kick Chick
- Murderous Thighs(after winning a Mirror Match) "After fighting you I can't but wonder... Are my thighs really that thick?"Tekkaman Blade: Those are some amazing leg muscles. What do you do to work them out? Oh... Sorry. I didn't know you were self-conscious about them.Zero: Your kicks are impressive for a human. I'd probably lose a couple of parts if you were to land one on me.
- Odango: Covered variant.
- Rapid Fire Kicks: Her Lightning Kick.
- Sphere of Destruction: Her Kikoushou.
- Storming the Castle: Her ending in Ultimate All-Stars involves her and the Tatsunoko heroes raiding the Shadaloo base.
- Super Cop: An Interpol Special Agent.Ken The Eagle: I had no idea Interpol had such powerful agents. Science Ninja cannot be remiss in its training!
Kaijin No Soki
- "When my mind and body are one, cutting even the strongest steel is no different than slicing tofu!"
Voiced by: Toshiyuki Kusuda
First appearance: Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
A powerful warrior clad in a blue armor who stand against the evil Hideyoshi and burn down the "Genma Trees" which are gathered from all Japan.
- Awesome, but Impractical: He can power up his Oni/Demon Tactics Level 1 Hyper Combo to become a big shockwave/thunderstorm, too bad it takes way too long to work in a real match. And usually there tends to be a number of setups/gimmicks required for it to work. Other than that, it's often best to find followups for the non-charged versions.
- Can also be said for his deflect moves, as Soki is best at gaining momentum and the frames for those counters tend to be short.
- Bad Powers, Good PeopleTekkaman Blade: Your soul is given over to evil. That path is one all humans fear to tread... I fear that it might be my destiny...
- Bootstrapped Theme: Two of them: "Blue Oni" is his battle theme. When he activates his Super Mode, it changes to "Red Oni".
- BFS: He even has two, which wields in the successful ending of his Level 3 super. (See Superpowered Evil Side)
- And it also to the point where his standing light attack is the furthest reaching one in the game, and his Skull Thrust command normal has a ton of insane range on that behalf.
- Counter Attack: His Hajiki Issetsu, as per his home series' tradition. Doesn't work against projectiles however, and the windows for the counter frames tend to be short.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He's one of the "heroes" of the game. In his ending, he even helps Arthur.
- Katanas Are Just Better: His main BFS is curved like a katana. Oddly enough, due to Soki's demon blood, he and Karas are portrayed as rivals in this game.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: For those who haven't played Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams, Soki is the reincarnation of the Omnipotent God of Darkness, hence his powers.
- Playing with Fire: His Joukaken (Purification Sword) Level 1 Hyper Combo.
- Red Baron:"I am Soki-slayer of demons, destroyer of Darkness! I am the Oni of the Ashes!"
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Invoked by his theme songs.
- The Rival: Karas.
- Shock and Awe: Again, his Oni/Demon Tactics.
- Storming the Castle: His ending in this game and Cross Generation of Heroes, where he joins Arthur to storm Astaroth's castle.
- Super Armor: A ton of his moves provide him with this.
- Superpowered Evil Side/Super Mode: His Level 3 hyper combo consists of him tapping into his Oni powers and transforming into his "Black Oni" Onimusha form. This is a sign to get as far away as possible. This mode also gives him:
- Battle Aura: His body is surrounded by a mist of darkness.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom
- Hair Colors: A long mane of white hair
- Heal Thyself: By catching the Oni souls.
- Implacable Man: While he is unable to summon his partner, he can shake off anything you throw at him as he slowly approaches you.
- Mana Drain: Catching the Oni souls also steal his opponent's super bar energy to extend his transformation.
- Mask of Power
- Powered Armor: Hilariously in UAS test builds though, that his super armor was removed during his Level 3, but was returned in later versions.
- Power Makes Your Voice Deep: His voice drops several octanes.
- 24-Hour Armor: This mode consumes his Super bar.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: With each successful attack he lands, Oni Souls are released (which Soki can collect by using the partner button). Once he obtains 7 red orbs, he can activate his true hyper combo, where he wields both of his BFSes and sends you on a one-way trip to Pain Central.
- Sword Plant: His Oiuchi attack, which not only hits low, but of course, can also hits downed opponents.
- Too Long; Didn't Dub: "Kaijin no Soki" in the localization of Ultimate All Stars. Probably done to prevent confusion with Saki. Still pretty strange, since many earlier promotional videos from Cross Generation of Heroes had shown english translation for the characters of the game, and there he was Souki.
Mega Man Volnutt
- "I analyze every possibility, and I never give up. That's the way I live my life as a digger!"
Voiced by: Mayumi Tanaka
First appearance: Mega Man Legends
A digger who, alongside his friends/surrogates Roll and Barrel Caskett, explores the ruins left by the precursors searching for energy-generating refractors that are more precious than gold in their Scavenger World.
- Ambidextrous Sprite: Volnutt's buster arm is switched when he switches sides.
- American Kirby Is Hardcore: He looks hardcore in his Ultimate All-Stars art compared to their Cross Generation of Heroes art.
- Anti-Climax: Can turn Yami into this. Step 1: Step back. Step 2: Spam machine gun. Step 3: Win
- Arm Cannon
- Beam-O-War: When done with supers, his machine gun will generally win. This is because it has one of the longest durations and will thus hit an opponent immediately after their beam ends, has a firing rate that is equal to beams despite not being an actual beam, has a fast startup even if you enter it in late, and can be done concurrently with the charging of the best non-super projectile in the game.
- Bootstrapped Theme: "The Flutter vs. Gesellschaft".
- Button Mashing: His Level 3 Hyper does more damage the more you do this.
- Charged Attack: Gets one in this game in the form of his signature Mega/Rock Buster.
- Close Range Combatant / Long-Range Fighter: Like the original Mega Man himself in previous crossovers, Volnutt is a solid fighter with both close combat and long range zoning, and is able to throw off his opponents very well by going back and forth between either playstyle. Though since he doesn't specialize in either field as well as others, he can't afford to stick around on one style for too long.
- More Dakka: To some extent, his "Machine Gun Sweep" Level 1 super has him shooting a plenty amount of bullets from his Arm Cannon.
- Swiss Army Appendage: His hand can become an Arm Cannon and a drill.
- This Is a Drill: Another of his Level 1 supers transforms his Arm Cannon into another drill.Batsu: I've fought a lot of punks in my time, but none of 'em have ever brought a drill to a fight!
- "I don't really care about what's "good" and what's "bad." I only care about enjoying myself."
Voiced by: Yayoi Jinguji
First appearance: Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
The daughter of Belial Aensland, she was born with power that rivaled S class high nobles. Fearing that that Morrigan would lose control of that power, Belial split her soul in half, taking part of her power. She spent her days as a Rebellious Princess and generally being the combat-crazy version of Paris Hilton.
- American Kirby Is Hardcore: Averted, she's positively beaming in her Ultimate All-Stars art.
- Anything That Moves: Her victory quotes imply that she has no problem "making out" with characters like females, robots, and such. Except Roll... for now. She'll just have to wait until she's older.(when winning against Roll) "You're a tad young to have fun with, dear. I'll check on you again once you're more developed."
- Assist Character: She's assisted by Lilith in her Darkness Illusion Level 3 Super.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Her Level 1 Hypers are not as good in this game, especially her Finishing Shower.
- Battle Aura: Most likely to show the results of her Fusion Dance with Lilith.
- Bootstrapped Theme: The Scotland stage theme from the first Darkstalkers.
- Cape Wings
- Combat Stilettos
- Corrupt the Cutie: Her win quote against Yatterman-2"Such a pure and innocent child... Would you like a little taste of the dark side? Just one little scratch and you'll be in a world of pleasure."
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Double Entendre: The All-Time champion on her home series, also brought here:(when winning against Casshan) "I wouldn't move if I were you. It's so difficult trying to find the balance between pleasure and pain."(when winning against Frank West) "Why use a lens to take me in? Come over here and I'll show you something that you could never hope to capture on film."(when winning against Gold Lightan) "I find the discrepancy between your physical size and your ambitions to be so disappointing."(when winning against Karas) "What? You don't want me to see what's inside that armor? That just makes me want to try harder."(when winning against PTX-40A, referring to it's pilot) "How can you sleep in an iron cage like that? My body would do a better job of keeping you warm."(when winning against Yatterman-1) "If you're done playing hero now, maybe I can show you how to really have a good time."
- Gamer Chick: As seen in both of her endings. As if she hadn't hit enough kinks already...
- Gratuitous English: Listen to her audio for Soul Fist and Shadow Blade.
- Horny Devils: Both her and Lilith.
- I Don't Know Tatsunoko Vs Capcom: After entering the Real World from a dimensional rift, she tries and fails to beat a kid in playing the game in which she herself is a playable character.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Her Finishing Shower Level 1 super.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Noblewoman's Laugh
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: Aside of her ending, plenty of characters aren't attracted to her.Alex: You're one creepy lady, you know. There ain't gonna be a second date, that's for sure!Joe The Condor: Sorry, Miss, but I don't believe in the occult. I'm not a fan of anything you can't shoot with a real gun.Ken The Eagle: Your flirtations will not work on highly trained warriors like us, temptress! You will not hinder us on our mission!Mega Man Volnutt: P-Please! Stop messing with me, OK?!PTX-40A: I detect multiple life form readings inside you. Whoever you are, you aren't human.Tekkaman: Sorry, lady, but I'm on a mission for humanity. I don't have time for you or your temptations.Tekkaman Blade: I'll admit, you are very attractive... But so what?Viewtiful Joe: Sorry lady, but I've got too many older, bat-guano crazy women in my life as it is!Yatterman-1: I've seen enough sexy villainesses in my time to know what to expect from you! By the way, you're way hotter than Doronjo, I gotta say.Zero: I won't be seduced by you, demon. I have friends I need to get back to.
- Power Floats
- Sexy Backless Outfit: Obscured by the wings, but yes.
- Shapeshifter Weapon: Her wings.
- Shotoclone: And quite balanced as one too, with her being able to zone and rushdown thanks to her instant overhead-setup dash. However, her damage output isn't as good.
- Stripperific: She's technically not wearing clothes.
- This Is a Drill: One of her supers transforms her legs into a flying drill.
- Welcome to the Real World: Her ending in Ultimate All-Stars. She travels through one of the dimensional rifts in search of a good time... and ends up outside the game. This culminates in her defeat in the actual game at the hands of the young boy named Manabu who is Not Distracted by the Sexy. In her ending we can even appreciate Gan-chan and Ai-chan walking in front of the local, looking very surprised at Morrigan's reaction. (Or attire)
- Winged Humanoid
- Wrestler in All of Us: Her Vector Drain special.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
PTX- 40 A
- "This is a perfectly balanced VS. You can't even begin to compare to its weight, firepower, and mobility. That's why you lost."— PTX's pilot
First appearance: Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
One of the Vital Suits from the source game, controlled by an unknown pilot.
- A Mech by Any Other Name: A Vital Suit.
- BFS: Normal sized in relation to a Humongous Mecha, but it can use its energy blades as a Super.
- Badass Boast: The pilot delivers some towards most of the cast during the results screen:vs. Ippatsuman: You have no chance of snatching a victory from the jaws of defeat. Lay down your weapons and surrender!vs. Zero: I've already calculated every move you could possibly make. The only thing you can do is surrender immediately.vs. Yatterman-1: You're such an easy target with all those crazy clothes. You're just begging to get shot.vs. Yatterman-2: That little toy of yours couldn't even tickle Ivan here.vs. Soki: Tactics are not your strong suit. What were you thinking bringing a couple of metal sticks to fight me?vs. Ken The Eagle: Gotcha! I don't even have bother aiming to hit you!vs. Lightan: You sure can take a hit, and you take a lot of them because there's so much of you to hit.vs. PTX-40A: We have the same machine, but I think we both know which of us is the better pilot!
- Bootstrapped Theme: Its theme is a remix of the main theme of Lost Planet.
- Chainsaw Good: One of its specials. Also, one of its Level 1 (Tactical Calibur) Supers.
- Do a Barrel Roll: Its crouching fierce.
- Flash of Pain: Because it doesn't flinch when damaged (as compensation for fighting alone), it needs confirmation that the hits are landing, which is more obvious than just its health bar.
- Gatling Good
- Humongous Mecha
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: In the opening video, The Pilot says"This is a perfectly balanced VS."
Joe The Condor: Your firepower and mobility is most impressive. ...I wonder what Dr. Nambu would make of it.
- While what it is supposed to refer to is the Giant mech, or the "VS Suit," in context it also could be taken to complement the game's balance.
- Hyperspace Arsenal
- I Call It "Vera": One of the pilot's win quotes evidently calls the VS "Ivan".
- More Dakka: Its "Arsenal Barrage" super revolves around this.
- One-Man Party: It can't be paired with anyone due to it's own power.
- One-Winged Angel: Transforms into the LP-9999 for his Level 3, slashing the enemy repeatedly before finishing with a Diagonal Cut.
- Powered Armor: Though after several hits they would get dizzy.
- Real Robot
- Running Gag: Many of the characters mistake it for a sentient robot.
- Toasted Buns: Many of its normal attacks involve roasting his opponents with his thruster-fire.
- Transforming Mecha: Changes in its Level 3 Super for a devastating attack.
- The Voiceless: It only makes robotic noises. It has, however, a nameless pilot from NEVEC who is seen in the ending and says the victory quotes.
- Weaponized Exhaust: Its various normal moves involve using its thrusters to burn the enemy or to act as a quick escape. It's also one of its bread and butter moves.
- "I'll just have to give it my all since my brother isn't here to give me a hand!"
Voiced by: Hiromi Igarashi
First appearance: Mega Man
The third humanoid robot built by Light Labs, and a "sister unit" of sorts to Mega Man and Proto Man.
- Adaptational Badass: Somewhat, though she sometimes isn't even present enough to tell either way. Knocking much larger opponents off their feet and repeatedly ramming them in the groin with a mop is pretty hardcore.
- American Kirby Is Hardcore: She does look hardcore in her Ultimate All-Stars art compared to their Cross Generation of Heroes.
- Anime Theme Song/Bootstrapped Theme: "Kaze Yo Tsutaete". Like the main theme of the game, it has two versions.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden BadassSaki: Wow, you're way more powerful than you look!
- Cute BruiserKaijin No Soki: Ah... If only Jubei had your poise and charm.
- The Dev Team Thinks of Everything: Her healing move causes a "drop" of light to appear in mid-air and fall on her. If a human character touches the "drop", they take a little damage and interrupt the move, but if a robot character touches it, they get healed.
- Development Gag: Her ending contains a far obscure one. In it, she awakes both Vector and Huitzil. Huitzil's original design was that of a housekeeper robot.
- Dialogue Tree: She will mention that Volnutt reminds her of her brother before the fight and calls Viewtiful Joe a "Quickman cosplayer". In turn, Zero comments on what robotic model Roll is, as well as calling her a housekeeping reploid, and Viewtiful Joe will comment on Roll being a cute girl, after defeating her.
- Flying Broomstick: Used in her dash, and in her appearance in the Mini-Game Credits.
- Glacier Waif
- Glass Cannon: If you make her sweep her own puddle, she binks, giving her a permanent damage buff for ALL of her attacks. You can sweep up to five puddles, wherein she's about as strong as Tekkaman. And that's not all: you can gain the maximum buff of five puddles while sweeping only one puddle if you use her Sweep Turbo super move!
- On top of that, one of her specials serves the purpose of granting a damage buff to her next special. So.. Yeah. Really damaging if you play her right (and she can even deal decent damage without her buffs as well). Can't take much punishment, though, as her health is just above Karas' by one tier.
- Hitbox Dissonance: Her small size makes her a hard target to hit. And with the addition of her broom, a weapon with good reach, this was furthered.
- Image Song: "Kaze Yo Tsutaete", christened to "When The Wind Blows" in UAS.
- Improbable Weapon User: Because Capcom wanted the character to be true to her origins, she fights as a house-keeping robot, so she attacks enemies with her broom and bucket of water. Some characters praises her because of that:Alex: ...This girl is like a hardware shop and an armory all rolled into one!Frank West: Ah, the simple mop. Not a bad weapon. It will take out your basic zombie. Good durability. You could do worse.Tekkaman: When one masters a weapon, a person's potential increases accordingly. That being said, that broom is deadly in your hands.
- Irony: Roll's storyline emphasizes the fact that Roll was not built for combat. Yet she's totally able to put giant robots, superheroes, monsters, street fighters or the lord of darkness himself in their place. Plus, she has made the most appearances in the Capcom vs. Whatever series than any other character from the entire franchise.(when winning against Frank West) "You say I need to fight more and clean less so you can take a good picture... Sorry, but cleaning is what I do best!"
- Joke Character: In tier lists, she can be found at the same low tier as Karas in UAS. This doesn't mean that she can't be a...
Chun-Li: One of the rules of fighting is to never underestimate your opponent. I should have remembered that...
- Lethal Joke Character: She has a disjointed hitbox, a Level 1 healing hyper move, and very damaging attacks. Unlike some examples, she's not this by mistake, that's for sure.
- Little Miss Badass
- Mini-Game Credits: The same game where Doronjo and her henchmen are featured can be played with Roll if the player finishes the game with her. The same rules apply.
- Panty Shot: Definitely avoided. Roll seems to have learned her lesson from Marvel vs. Capcom, even quickly covering up if she superjumps too high.
- Robot Girl
- Rump Roast: The first half of her Level 3 combo has her sweeping so hard that it causes a fire in front of her, which lights the rival's backside on fire. The second half of it is Roll trying to put it out with a huge bucket that causes a tidal wave.
- Zettai Ryouiki
- "Where one goes isn't important. What matters is following your own path!"
Voiced by: Hiroki Takahashi
First appearance: Street Fighter
The face of the Street Fighter series and the Fighting Game character, Ryu is a wandering warrior seeking to improve his own skills while facing opponents in any part of the world.
- American Kirby Is Hardcore: Inverted: in his CGOH artwork he's The Stoic, while in UAS, he sprouts a smile.
- Badass Arm-Fold: His victory pose.
- Blood Knight: Fighting is everything for Ryu. Some characters call him on this:Chun-Li: You don't change, no matter how much time has passed. I really wish I had your dedication.
- Bootstrapped Theme: The Japan stage theme from Street Fighter II.
- Calling Your Attacks:HADOKEN!SHORYUKEN!TATSUMAKI SENPUUKYAKU!
- Does Not Like Shoes
- Dramatic Wind
- Energy Ball: His Hadouken, of course!
- Hard Work Hardly Works:PTX-40A pilot: No, no, no. I don't care how much training you have. No one can deflect bullets and dodge missiles!"Tekkaman Blade: You're good. You're strong. But my strength is fortified by my hate, and that's why I can beat you.
- Hurricane Kick
- Kamehame Hadoken: The second part of the trope's name comes from the version of the Shinkuu Hadouken, which is the best known of many, MANY, MANY instances.
- Martial Arts Headband
- Running Gag: Most of the characters will compliment him, even in a Mirror Match.
- Shotoclone: The original, in fact. Though his balanced kit requires a lot of heavy use of fundamentals to do very well against more specialized fighters.Batsu: Hmm... That's the Shimazu-style karate, isn't it? Seems like everyone's using that these days.
- Spirited Competitor: An heroic version. Some characters praise him for this:Doronjo: I cannot honestly believe someone as strong as you is so poor! C'est la vie, as they say!Jun The Swan: I can tell you don't fight for justice or out of some obligation. There's a real purity in your devotion.Kaijin No Soki: I recognize the look in your eyes, warrior. You are one who has discarded all hesitation and possesses the refined soul of a samurai.Karas: ... I feel a pleasant breeze... ... emanating from your punches...Ken The Eagle: I'm the fastest member of my team, and you could still keep up with me! You've forced me to reevaluate my opinion of street fighters!
- The Stoic
- "No need to worry! The Earth Defense Squad is on the job!"
Voiced by: Yoko Honna
First appearance: Quiz Nanairo DREAMS
A 16-year-old girl who's member of the Earth Defense Force.
- A.I. Breaker: Saki's heavy attack effortlessly juggles CPUs, any experienced human will at dodge it consistantly, even an inexperianced one will at least attempt to jump over it.
- And the Adventure Continues: Her UAS ending.
- Ascended Extra: She was a helper character in Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes, and becomes a full-fledged fighter here.
- Badass Normal
- BFG: She carries a big gun with her all the time.
- Bootstrapped Theme: The Quiz Nanairo Dreams's theme.
- Charged Attack: One of her specials.
- Glass Cannon: Has poor HP, but is able to output a lot of damage with her moves if proc'd up right.
- Mighty Glacier: Tends to be a bit slow on her movement, but her zoning game is one of the best in the game, and is able to output a lot of damage with her moves if proc'd up right, especially with some difficulty in trying to close in on her.
- Secret Character: In CGoH. To unlock her, you must clear Arcade Mode once with a Capcom character, then purchase her for 1000 points.
- Small Girl, Big Gun: She carries one all the time.
- Wave Motion Gun: One of her Level 1 Supers.
- "Who's the most viewtiful hero around? That's right, yours truly!"
Voiced by: Shinji Kawada
First appearance: Viewtiful Joe
A film fan who's brought to Movie Land when his girlfriend gets kidnapped by the Big Bad. He fights for truth and justice using the time altering powers of his V-watch, which is activated by the magical phrase "Henshin."
- Ascended Fanboy: So much that his victory quotes and ending involve him swooning over Tatsunoko superheroes. It's only appropriate that he's both here and in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, since he's such a huge dork about this stuff.(after winning against Ken The Eagle) "Hey, if you guys have an opening, ring me up! Whether it's a horned owl, a swallow or heck, even a condor, I'd fit the bill!"(after winning against Polimar) "Whoa, the real Polimar!? H-O-T! Hey, hey, can you sign my helmet!? Make it out to "Joe, my No. 1 fan"!"(after winning against Tekkaman) "Y-Y-You're Tekkaman!? Really!? Sweet! I see you all the time when they show reruns!"
- Assist Character: Assisted by Sexy Silvia in his "Six Cannon" Level 1 Super.
- Ass Kicking Pose: His level 3 Super uses "Viewtiful Forever" which is, as in his original game, a weaponized Ass Kicking Pose.
- Battle Aura: He has a brief one in his intro pose.
- Bootstrapped Theme: "Joe The Hero"
- Bullet Time: His Level 3 Super combines both "VFX Zoom" and "VFX Slow", and ends with an Ass Kicking Pose.
- Cartoon Bomb: His Shocking Pink. It's also his assist attack.
- Chivalrous Pervert:(when winning against Jun The Swan) "Wooow A perfect mix of shy and sexy! You're really something! (Man, Silvia could learn a thing or two from her...)"(when winning against Roll) "A cute robot girl that's also a maid? You know, there is such a thing as overkill."(when winning against Yatterman-2) "Now that's how a heroine's gotta be! Maybe you and Sylvia can swap places? ...No? Dang."
- Cool Helmet
- Dialogue Tree: He tries to convince Polymar to autograph his helmet and the robot pilots to make him try their mechas.
- Diving Kick: His Red Hot Kick, which is also one of his best mobility tools.
- Fragile Speedster: Tends to have some decent damage (especially with his Hyper Combos) and just slightly below average HP, but he is extremely mobile despite the short reach on his attacks.
- Gratuitous English
- Precision Guided Voomerang: His Voomerang, which can also be charged up. Though the fire that occurs while doing so is only for aesthetic effect.
- Running Gag: Characters will tell Joe to stop showing off.
- Scarf of Asskicking
- Secret Character: In CGoH. To unlock him, you must Clear Arcade mode thrice with a Capcom character (not necessarily the same one every time), then purchase him for 2000 points.
- Super Speed: His "Mach Speed" Level 1 Super.
Ultimate All-Stars Newcomers
Voiced by: Peter Von Gomm
First appearance: Dead Rising
A freelance journalist who gets into a tip to go to the Willamette Parkmall in the small town of Willamette Co. where he discovers a Zombie Apocalypse covered by the military.
- Badass Normal: To some extent. He fights Humongous Mechas with a baseball bat and some Zombies.
- Batter Up: He even says these exact words.
- Calling Your Attacks:
- Chivalrous Pervert:
- When fighting a female, while snaping pictures numerous times:"Oh, look what we have here!"
- When fighting under-aged girls like Roll and Saki"Um, a kid like you could get hurt!"
- And then, there's his winning quote against Jun The Swan."Jun, give me the camera back! I told you I deleted the pictures of your underwear!"
- When fighting a female, while snaping pictures numerous times:
- Cool Helmet: The Servbot helmet he uses in his Level 3 against everyone not named Gold Lightan or PTX-40A.
- Combat Pragmatist
- Death from Above: When facing the large robots, his Level 3 is changed. A zombie falls from the sky to where PTX-40A or Gold Lightan is standing. Should it connect, more zombies will body slam the large mecha, giving time to Frank to set up oxygen tanks around the robot and shoot them for a large explosion.
- Also his Knee Drop command normal from his home game.
- Enemy Mine: He's "aided" by zombies in battle. Although they will damage anyone that touches them, including Frank himself.
- Fighting Clown: He's completely out of place in this game (that's probably the intention). He has deadly moves such as cosplaying as Mega Man, and zombies in shopping carts. That said, Frank can easily lock his opponents down with random zombies for space control and when possible, can lay out a lot of damage.Viewtiful Joe: You... A hero...? I don't think you really belong here, do you?
- Home Run Hitter: Can even deflect projectiles with his bat if timed right.
- Improbable Weapon User: He uses his camera, a Servbot helmet, a baseball bat and a golf club as weapons.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: In his winquote against Tekkaman."So that's the "world's strongest lance," huh? Big deal, I'm freelance pal! Ha ha ha! ... Get it?"
- Kamehame Hadouken: His "Real" Mega Buster.
- Megaton Punch: His zombie punch in his Level 3 Hyper Combo. ("THAT'S HILARIOUS!")
- Non-Standard Character Design: He is drawn far more realistically than everyone else. The rest of the game is drawn in an anime style. Even so, the Frank West of this game is far more cartoony than his home series.
- Rule of Funny: A zombie in a shopping cart. It can even hit OTG and wallbounce for good measure.
- Secret Character: In UAS.
- Shopping Cart Antics
- Shotguns Are Just Better: How he finishes his Level 3 super against the giants.
- Stuff Blowing Up: His Level 3 super against Gold Lightan or PTX-40A.
- Surprisingly Good English: He's the only character to be voiced by an American voice actor, most likely a Call Back to his home series only being dubbed in English.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: His fighting style (with zombies as helpers) has been compared to Jill's in Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age Of Heroes.
- Title Drop:
- His Level 1 grab Hyper is called "Dead Rising". He even shouts it when doing it.
- He does another when asked for the title of a picture he took with the Tatsunoko heroes in his ending. His answer is to name it the Ultimate All-Stars.
- Unexpected Character
- Wave Motion Gun: His Real Mega Buster, again.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Can use suplexes, the Great Swing, etc.
- "Checkmate. You're all out of moves."
Voiced by: Ryotaro Okiayu
First appearance: Mega Man X
A robot with a strangely similar capability to X, despite being created by the evil Dr. Wily, Zero fights for good and righteous causes throughout his robotic existence.
- Ambidextrous Sprite: Despite using the 3D models for this game, Zero's Z-Saber in much of his official artwork from his home series have him holster and draw it over his left shoulder, yet the saber is always placed behind his leading shoulder while he's positioned on either side of the screen. Though it's also averted for his character select screen artwork on the versus screen, as well as for the Z symbol on his shoulder.
- Arm Cannon: Can also be charged up and can work on either of his arms.
- Badass Back: His pre-fight intro and exit.
- BFS: He turns his saber into one for his Level 3 Super.
- Brought To You By The Letter Z
- Calling Your Attacks: Continuing the tradition of Mega Man X, he yells out his attacks a lot.DARK HOLD!REKKOHA!RYUENJIN!
- Colour Coded Timestop: His "Dark Hold" Level 3 Super.
- Charged Attack: One of his specials (his Hyper Zero Blaster) turns his arm into an Arm Cannon and charges a shot.
- Death from Above: His Rekkouha (Rending Light Supremacy) super summons several blasts from above.
- Difficult but Awesome/Some Dexterity Required: A majority of his combos require some tough execution, especially due to needing to stick his Hyper Zero Blaster (albeit charged) in combos through some quick fingers and button bypasses. Most players can get some simple bread and butters down, but it takes quite a few long and skillful combos to dish out most of his damage.
- That said, his Level 1 Hyper Combos aren't too practical in the open either.
- Diving Slash: His Sentsuizan (Spinning Chaser Slash). Even if it doesn't actually involve spinning like in X6, its game of origin.
- Doppelgänger Attack: His Sougenmu (Twin Phantasm), but this only works for his damageable specials and his copy has a shade of blue.
- Fragile Speedster: He has an easily spammeable dash attack (his "Shippuuga/Hurricane Fang") and overall decent mobility; durability is his only lacking field in terms of defining his actual defense.Frank West: You're one fast robot! I could barely keep you in frame, even with my high-speed lens.
- Glass Cannon: Another interpretation of him, true to form. Expert players can whip out positively mammoth strings of heavy damage that doesn't work well as one-shot damage, but can come in the form of fairly low-scaled and consistent damage per hit. However, he can't exactly take a hit either. There's a reason he's been christened as a spiritual successor to Akuma/Gouki.note However, his HP actually only the second lowest along with Roll's in the game.Tekkaman: Your offensive abilities are good, but you have no defense.
- Ground Pound: His "Rekkouha" Level 1 Super.
- Laser Blade: His Z-Saber, complete with Sword Beams.Batsu: That sword's like something outta a sci-fi flick! I have no idea how it works, but it's freakin' cool!
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: In his ending, it's stated, once more, that he's Dr. Wily's creation.
- My Hero Zero
- Rapunzel HairChun-Li: You've got really great hair for a robot... What shampoo and conditioner do you use?
- Secret Character: In UAS.
- Shoryuken: His Ryuuenjin (Dragon Flame Blade).
- The Stoic
- Time Stands Still: His "Dark Hold" Level 3 Super.
- Too Long; Didn't Dub: More savvy Mega Man X players will note that his "Sougenmu" technically counts, since it was originally used in X5, the only X game to localize the names of Zero's moves (there, it was called "Twin Dream").
First appearance: Ōkami
The Big Bad of Ōkami. In this game, he's behind the disruption of the reality, and everyone has to fight him in order to stop him.
- Big Bad
- Blow You Away: One of his third form's specials creates a tornado.
- Collision Damage: One of his supers. The whole combo does 58 hits!!!
- Dark Is Evil: And screws reality.
- Drop the Hammer: In his first form.
- Eldritch Abomination
- Flash of Pain: Because he doesn't flinch when damaged, he needs confirmation that the hits are landing which are more obvious than just his health bar.
- Giant Hand Of Doom: His third form. His grab is extremely damaging.
- Giant Space Flea from Nowhere:
- In CGoH. Sure, it's an arcade mode, but did anyone expect him to appear? And after you defeat him, as the ending shows up, a completely different event is happening, with the characters not mentioning the battle ever. You'd think defeating the lord of darkness would be something to talk about. Some characters do point out that they defeated a monster like Viewtiful Joe and Roll. But having him in the game itself is surprising, despite being "teased" in the Cross Generations of Heroes opening (he shows up right after the logo fades from the opening movie).
- Totally averted in UAS, since most of the endings refer him as the manipulator of reality.
- Ground Pound: One of his third form's specials.
- Mechanical Lifeforms
- One-Winged Angel
- Playing with Fire: His third form super uses a Frickin Laser Beam engulfed in fire.
- Powered Armor
- Power Glows: Each time he activates a super, he glows in red and black.
- Saw Good: In his first form.
- Sequential Boss
- Shock and Awe: One of his third form's specials involves him throwing a huge Energy Ball composed of electricity.
- SNK Boss: His third form is particularly hard, primarily because it has a grab move with a damage rivaling a level 3 hyper combo! That being said, long-range specialists work wonderfully against it - it's close-up fighters like Polymar who really feel the heat.note
- Theme Music Power-Up: When you face his last form in the final battle, "The Sun Rises" starts playing.
- Transforming Mecha: After you defeat one of his forms, he'll change to the next one.
- Tron Lines
- Victory Fakeout: Like Abyss before him, he does this twice after beating his first two forms. The only difference is that there is a loading screen between forms and the fact that your health is restored.
- The Voiceless