Voiced by: Ayahi Takagaki
- Ahoge: Has a small ahoge sticking out of her ponytail.
- Broken Bird: Wakana's lack of socializing stems from her past. She initially pushes away those who approach her, but through efforts from Konatsu and Sawa, she becomes more open.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Part of the anime's plot is helping Wakana get out of her shell as a result of years of depression. Her friends succeed in helping her get through her issues.
- Don't Think, Feel.: Non-fantastical example. The vice principal gives Wakana this advice to help her overcome her writer's block when she was writing a song for the club, just like how her mom used to do it. It works.
- Emotionless Girl: Subverted. She gives off this vibe due to being a detached person, but once you get to know her, she's actually pretty expressive, albeit still introverted. She becomes a bit more outgoing after her issues are resolved however.
- Expy: Appearance-wise, she's basically a non-abrasive Minko.
- Hope Bringer: Was this to Konatsu's newly-christened club when her joining filled the sufficient quota of members needed for the club to be approved. She continues to be this for other characters for different reasons post-character development.
- Ineffectual Loner
- Meganekko: Wears reading glasses during class.
- Never Got to Say Goodbye: Her main regret is that she was never able to say "see you later" to her mom before she died. That, and the fact that she treated her coldly before then too.
- The Quiet One
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: Her default disposition is cold and unsociable, but it's a result of her heavy guilt and sadness over her mom's death.
- The Stoic: Is emotionally shielded and withdrawn as a result of depression. See Broken Bird above.
- Not So Stoic: That saying, she has her not so stoic moments, even during her depression phase in the first six episodes, like the time when she was frantically chased by a Spanish guy her mother knew and when she saw Wien and Tanaka..."practicing".
- Strong Family Resemblance: She's basically a gloomier, carbon copy of her mom. The resemblance is clearer whenever Wakana smiles however.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- Troubled Fetal Position: A flashback shows her doing this during her mom's funeral.
- Was Too Hard On Her: She was a bit of a hard jerk to her mom when she was younger. She continued treating her coldly until she learned that her mom's illness eventually took her life. Since then, Wakana has been living a life of guilt and regret over this and places keeping promises at great value above all else.
- When She Smiles
Voiced by: Asami Seto
- Big Sister Bully: Played for Laughs. She blackmails and bosses her younger brother around plenty of times as if it were nobody's business. She's prone to teasing him too.
- Curtains Match the Window
- The Cutie
- Determinator: She'll sing in a chorus, no matter what!
- Expy: Has elements of Ohana Matsumae from Hanasaku Iroha in personality and appearance.
- Genki Girl
- Plucky Girl: It'd take more than a few Obstructive Bureaucrats to stop this girl from doing what she wants.
- Start My Own: Konatsu decides to start her own choir club in the first episode after being told she's not good enough to sing in the other one.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Sometimes drifts into this territory with Sawa.
Voiced by: Saori Hayami
- The Ace: In archery. Also in horse-riding.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's nice, polite, and is an understanding character, but once her buttons are pushed, all bets are off.
- Break the Cutie: Sawa's desires to become accepted by a jockey school led her to extreme measures. Similar to Wakana, her friends' efforts help her recover.
- But Now I Must Go: Leaves at the end of the series just before graduation to pursue her dreams of becoming a jockey abroad.
- Deadpan Snarker: To Konatsu. She's one to her mom too.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Spirals into this when her admission to a jockey school was rejected. She gets better with a little encouragement from her friends.
- Horseback Heroism: Shows up at school riding Sabure to make it in time before their group's performance.
- Only Sane Man: Not among her club mates, but she has this thing going with her mom and Konatsu.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Sawa wears her uniform in this manner◊ during school hours.
- Straight Man: Serves as this to Konatsu.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Konatsu at times.
Voiced by: Nobunaga Shimazaki
- Cannot Spit It Out: It's implied that he has a crush on Sawa, but he doesn't tell her, even when she leaves.
- Out of Focus: Compared to the rest of the cast, Taichi doesn't get a character arc of his own with the exception of one episode (and that didn't show much either).
- Straight Man
- Terrible Artist: In episode eleven, Konatsu wants him to draw the background settings, brushing aside Taichi's protests and maintaining that everyone else is doing stuff for the first time, such as Wakana with songwriting and Sawa with choreography. When he presents a sketch to Sawa, Konatsu, and Wien the next day:Konatsu: Never draw again.
Atsuhiro "Wien" Maeda
Voiced by: Natsuki Hanae
- Adorkable: His attempts to learn Japanese culture are adorable.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Having been influenced by Sentai shows, he displays this from time to time. It first shows up when he saves Wakana from what both assumed to be a stalker (it was all a big misunderstanding though), and when he goes after a robber who was stealing Konatsu's bag.
- Large Ham: When he dons his superhero costume for the first time for a part-time job given to him and his friends by Shiho.
- New Transfer Student: Wien is a new transfer student from Austria and finds himself unfamiliar with Japanese customs.
- Secretly Wealthy: Wien's wealthy background surprises the characters when they visit his home in episode eight, primarily because he never mentions it.