open/close all folders
Introduced in the Original Arc
Age: 24 (17 in Trope Gakuen, 8 in Lil' Troperz)The main character of the comic throughout its run, although others steal the spotlight from him from time to time. An agent for W.I.K.I. (We Investigate Kool Incidents), more specifically T.V.T.R.O.P.E.S. (The Very Top Rated Operatives People Everywhere See). As an agent of T.V.T.R.O.P.E.S., Report is assigned to investigate outbreaks of dangerous tropes (or merely badly written ones).Track Record as of Fourth-Wall Mail Slot:
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Grey (Sometimes turn Red)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Grey (Sometimes turn Red)
- Number of action-movie one-liners: 512
- Number of deaths: 2
- Number of referenced Noodle Incidents: 5
- Number of times last name misinterpreted: 16
- Number of times last name misspelled: 17
- Number of times dropped Wit: 4
- Number of times caught Wit: 3
- Abnormal Ammo: Report Siht once used a gun that shoots umbrellas.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: As Viel, Report can perform any technique that he (as Report) saw, once for every time he sees it. In addition, he can instantaneously analyze any person or object, their weaknesses, what they had for dinner last night, and the previous and next times they have and will get any (this includes buildings).
- Gray Eyes
- Happily Adopted: His parents ran off to do some inter-dimension-saving while he was an infant, but looking at him, you wouldn't be able to tell. Recently however, this was hinted to be a lie told to Report by a W.I.K.I. agent in his early childhood for yet unknown reasons.
- This might have interesting implications regarding Retrope's brother, who was officially reported as having died in the "accident" in wich her mother died, but whose corpse was never found...
- The Hero Dies: Twice so far. The second time didn't count.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Report's signature weapon is a
swordpointy blade thing that changes its shape as he pleases, which he obtained from Urug Timreh in the original arc.
- Heroic Sacrifice: At the end of Chrono Troper: Cross
- I Call It "Vera": Averted. Report ostensibly refuses to give his magical shapeshifting blade a name because he believes that weapons are always an extension of their wielder's will and giving them any characterization is largely self-delusional.
- Played with concerning his katana, Wit, whose name came from this exchange during Scapegoat:Soon-to-be-Unfortunate S.T.F.U. Officer: "You're unarmed, so how do you plan on cutting your way out of here? Your 'rapier wits'?"
Ere: "You can't 'cut' with a rapier, dumbass."
Report: "Yeah, and besides," *catch* "Wit's my katana."
- Played with concerning his katana, Wit, whose name came from this exchange during Scapegoat:
- Katanas Are Just Better: Report's Katana Wit is the only thing that can cut anything made by, of, for, from, or seen by ATLUS, the hardest thing in existence.
- He first used it to fight Ersoh during the Shin Megami Tro-Pay arc. It doesn't show up until Scapegoat because Report accidentally dropped it through the plot while fighting Ersoh. The reason he suddenly has it in Scapegoat is because he caught it from when he dropped it eight arcs ago.
- Man in a Kilt: Report, for reasons unspecified during the Caribbean arc. Lampshaded by Bertrand Ayers.
- Bertrand: Why are you wearing a kilt?Report: Well, you a few months ago back, with the grommets, the cinnamon candle and the catalytic converter?Bertrand: Yeah, but wha- Oh... How's that working out for you?Report: Sweating the like crazy right now and I'm pretty sure I flashed some people during the storm.
- Morph Weapon: Report's "sword" can take any form that is even remotely blade-like. It can even split in two!
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Actually White Eyes, Take Warning. Whenever Report turns into Viel, his eyes turn white before Viel's red. If they're red, it's too damn late.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Report shows signs of developing one during the events of Creator, and it fully materializes into Viel during the fight with XD during T3h L33t W4rz.
- Viel isn't actually evil. He's just a more direct version of Report, not being held back by the insecurities that Report has. He can also split off for non-canon strips, and is his own person in the High School A.U..
Ere D. Nust
Age: 20 (17 in Trope Gakuen, 8 in Lil' Troperz)Report's current partner, she's the resident Action Girl and wields a BFG and at times a scythe. Also, she either likes Report a lot or hates his guts, depending on the day of the week, current story arc, the current page in said story arc, and when she feels like choosing. Has red hair befitting her fiery temper, and because Heroes Want Redheads.She is also the main character in the Spin-Off comic The City of Gold.Track Record:
3 Sizes: 92-53-86
Hair Color: Red (technically, cadmium orange)
Eye Color: Green (Sometimes turn Red)
3 Sizes: 92-53-86
Hair Color: Red (technically, cadmium orange)
Eye Color: Green (Sometimes turn Red)
- Number of Suspiciously Specific Denials: 98
- Number of fireballs thrown: 7
- Number of things set on fire: 16,088
- Number of CMOH's: 7
- Number of deaths: 1
- Number of near-deaths: 4
- Number of Panty Shots: 1
- Number of owned vehicles destroyed: 16
- Number of rental vehicles destroyed: 426
- Number of Fanservice-y outfits: Unknown
- Number of times inflicted pain on Gabe: 14
- Number of situations misinterpreted: 7
- Action Girl: Recently, Ere has become ridiculously badass: in Troublesome Heirloom, she takes on six trained mobsters with SMGs, while unarmed and pinned down, without as much as breaking into sweat. Later, she rips her way through Don Marcone's security like a knife through butter.
- Berserker Tears: During her fight against Report.
- Bi the Way: Ere is, as of "Worst Case Scenario", officially gay for Retrope (and straight for Report; it's complicated).
- Drives Like Crazy: Ere is normally a very careful driver but (or maybe, because) when adrenaline takes over... Still, only her crazy driving saved her and Report's asses when they managed to really piss off Noggard.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Ere. Excluding Retrope, she, as of Heävy Mëta arc, has a horde of fangirls, and even Selene, the lead singer of Lady of War, used rather telling body language when performing together with her.
- Tuned down a little, since Selene is later revealed to be a Lipstick Lesbian.
- Face of the Band: In-Universe, Ere for the Tröper Crüe. Red-headed, green-eyed, black-leather-and-spikes wearing lead singer? Hell YEAH!
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Ere's outfit for the Rock In Space concert. To a lesser degree, also the rest of the band.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Subverted. Ere's cooking resembles something out of a bad acid trip. Ecivres, on the other hand...
- Fetish Fuel Station Attendant: Counting all fetishes she embodies is an exercise in futility.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Her prosthetic eyes are shown to glow red when she is threatened in strips #397 and #401, though the significance of this is yet to be explained.
- Green Eyes: Until after the Blinded arc. Returns to being Green at the end of "Informational Breakdown".
- The Gunslinger: One of Ere's special skills is using Hammerspace to store a whole factory worth of guns. And ammo. Lots and lots of ammo.
- Hyperactive Metabolism
- Lethal Chef
- Love Makes You Crazy: Especially, with subtle "assistance" from Dr. Dam. She gets better.
- Magical Girl: In Super Magical Moe Ere-Chan, to her chagrin.
- Ere, to Tsidalb: You're just using this as an excuse to draw me naked, I know.
- Playing with Fire: Ere's powers in the Epic Tales of Fantasy Quest game world. She apparently kept them when she left.
- Required Secondary Powers: Has a Hyperactive Metabolism that allows her to store enough energy to fuel her firestarting. Her skin also has a melting point equivalent to that of tungsten.
- Big Eater (Off-camera)
- Sarcastic Devotee: Ere is like this to Report in the original arc.
- Sinister Scythe: Wields one during Teh L33t W4rz
- Subordinate Excuse: When Report quit W.I.K.I. in the end of the original arc and started his own detective agency, Ere immediately retired, too, and applied as his secretary. When asked about it by the grinning Report, she blushed fiercely and delivered the immortal lines:"D-don't get the wrong idea! I am not quitting because of you! It's just that they wanted to promote me to Desk Jockey at W.I.K.I. and I like being in the field, that is all!.. Also, you can't organize yourself properly without me, can you?? Hmph. ...stupid."
- Actually, when she does return to the W.I.K.I. in "Worst Case Scenario" it's only under the condition that she only has to work in the field, leading the elite B.A.D.A.S.S. squad.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Develops one immediately following her four-minute "Freaky Friday" Flip with Report. Hers is the same way as Report's, though she can't talk to hers.
- Temporary Blindness: Double Subversion: Ere believes her blindness to be temporary... until she discovers that Dark-66 has no cure. Cue a lot of angst. Then, some forty strips later, she is "cured" by Dr. Dam who simply gives her a pair of new eyes. Angry voices in the fandom say that the author gave in to fan pressure on this matter.
- Tsundere: Type A toward Report Siht.
- Twin Tails: Ere usually sports the Tsundere Tails variety (most of the hair down, with tails on both sides), though she has been spotted wearing other hairstyles.
- Unstoppable Rage: At Dab in the "Worst Case Scenario". Unfortunately, she wasn't in any condition to harm him, so it wasn't really "unstoppable"...
- Unwitting Pawn: Often becomes one, "thanks" to her brash tendencies, such as in "The Yay Agenda" and, most recently, in "Worst Case Scenario".
- Yaoi Fangirl: Ere has been spotted dozing off and blushing when she observed Report and Gabe's sparring match in T3h L33t W4rz—something that Retrope kept teasing her about ever since.
- You Are What You Hate: Ere flatly refuses to join the Tröper Crüe because she claims to hate everything hard and heavy (she only joins after Report recruits Retrope, to "avoid leaving those two alone in the same room"). However, she later confesses that she grew up on Heavy Metal but became an armored closet fan partly because of perception that heavy music is "immature" (though look who's talking), partly because she believed that metal is dead.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Ere is Grade S.
Age: 26 (18 in Trope Gakuen, 13 in Lil' Troperz)Report's former partner and best friend, who had a Face–Heel Turn when he was scarred by an exploding oil drum of Nightmare Fuel. He seemed to have returned in "Worst Case Scenario" but it was All Just a Dream. Or Was It a Dream?Track Record:
- Punched Matador: 2 times
- Raised a shaking, clenched fist: 9 times
- Evil Plans designed: 599
- Evil Plans executed: 82
- Evil Plans succeeded: 17
- Number of succeeded plans that actually mattered: 1
- Number of succeeded plans that weren't negated by author or storyline: 0
- Number of succeeded plans that actually mattered: 1
- Times quoted Evil Overlord List: 18
- Times read Evil Overlord List: 2
- Times failed to follow Evil Overlord List: 582
- Villainous power-plays: 6
- Death-traps set: 23
- Body count (main characters only): 13
- XanatosGambits: 3
- Treated Report as a Worthy Opponent: 2 times
- Foe Yay moments with Report: 0
- Minions killed for swearing: 14
- Orcus on His Throne moments: 9
- Back from the Dead: Although, technically, Report didn't kill him, he did sent Dab into a universe where time flows much faster, so Dab has long since died of old age (or was killed). But as of "Worst Case Scenario", he is back and as bad as ever.
- Big Bad: Dab was so iconic, every other villain in the comic still lives under his shadow despite the fact that he hasn't graced the main continuity since the Original Arc. Also, his betrayal and apparent death had many lasting consequences on the regular characters.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Despite being a known terrorist and potential Evil Overlord, Dab Gib refuses to use foul language, and even killed his trusted lieutenant Koom for doing so.
- Black Eyes of Evil
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: During a rant in strip 0.
- Hell Has New Management: Apparently, Dab was so bad, he not only battled out of Hell, he took over it and brought its Legions back with him.
- Lovecraftian Superpower: Apparently part of his Get Out of Hell Free Card. He uses it to kill Ere.
- Manipulative Bastard: He actually gloats at Ere for being an Unwitting Pawn in his plans when he first meets her while she is still clutching the body of Report whom she killed thanks to his manipulation. That would have been his Moral Event Horizon, had he not passed it umpteen hundred strips ago.
- Not Quite Dead: It has been recently revealed that Dab Gib, who hasn't been seen in the primary continuity since the Original Arc, is actually The Emperor of the Golden City from the spin-off webcomic.
- Older Than They Look: Due to the different, Narnia-like flow of time between the worlds, Dab Gib has ruled the City of Gold for over seven hundred years by the time Ere arrived but apparently hasn't aged at all.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Dab gets Matador.
Age: 22 (16 in Trope Gakuen, 4 in Lil' Troperz)Can Bench: As much as the bar can hold (tends to be only 625 pounds before it snaps)Dab's brother, he has dedicated himself to helping Report stop Dab's evil evil plans. Also, he can bench a lot.Track Record:
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
- Things broken by accident: 37
- Things broken on purpose: 43
- Apples eaten: 424
- "Manly Tears" segments: 3
- Deaths: 1
- Made friends with someone new: 3 times
- Made friends with an enemy: 4 times
- Shirts ripped: 16
- Armstrong Moments missed: 9
- Arguments with Axel on Axes vs. Swords: 3
- Pondered why Axel dislikes axes even though it's in his name: 3 times
- Bad ideas had: 14
- Bad ideas pursued: 2
- Good ideas had: 1
- Good ideas pursued: 6
- Hulk Speak lines: 22
- Shown air-drumming: 4 times
- Distracted by something shiny: 14 times
- Facefaults caused: 32
- An Axe to Grind: Yug's weapon of choice is a ginormous axe named "The Separator".
- The Big Guy
- Batman Gambit: Successfully leads all of the hostages to safety in Hostage Situation without the knowledge of either Brynn or Rebmob Dam.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Subverted: He looks a lot like his evil older brother but is actually a Gentle Giant.
- Cain and Abel: He and Dab. To complete the allegory, Dab kills Yug in the "Worst Case Scenario".
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Yug Gib, when he's not just acting outright dumb. He once got hung up on what a weird word "Swamp" was in the middle of a mission in one.
- To be fair, swamp is a bit of a strange word.
- Disability Superpower: Due to mental trauma caused by a yet-unexplained childhood incident, Yug is incapable of manipulating Wei Ki or Wiki Magic, putting him at a disadvantage compared to other characters. At the same time, though, this grants him a natural protection against all forms of tropes, and is theoretically potent enough to resist a Lampshade.
- Metalhead: He is the shadowy leader of the Tröper Crüe.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Yug Gib really likes apples.
Ms. Ecivres NafAnother agent of W.I.K.I., she works for the suborganization B.O.O.B.S. (Breaking Out Of Bad Situations). Occasionally teams up with Report when he's in a bad situation.Tropes associated with Ms. Naf:
- Action Girl
- Action Mom: She is actually Report's mother.
- Barrier Maiden
- Gag Boobs
- Gainaxing: Yes, even in a webcomic.
- To elaborate, that page was actually an animated GIF.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Turns out, not so innocent as she seemed...
- Killed Off for Real: In "The Great Crash".
- Silent Scapegoat: In the end of the Family Matters, we learn that The Great Crash wasn't caused by Ms. Ecivres Naf. In fact, Ms. Naf was the original Entropy Shield of the Prime, Mirror, and Bizarro Universes. The three worlds, however, have grown too big for her to handle at once and the entropy (almost) blew them to smithereens. What became known as "the Great Crash" was actually a side effect of Ms. Naf temporarily stabilizing the worlds at the expense of her accumulated life force.
- Supreme Chef
Bertrand AyersBadass Adventurer Archaeologist extraordinaire who also happens to be a Sage of Ages. He's worked with Report various times (mostly for his own profit) but often betrays him/disappears in some way immediately afterward. He and Ecivres act lovingly towards each other by nature because they are actually married. Report is their son. Of course, not one of them realizes it.Tropes associated with Mr. Ayers:
- Badass Labcoat: Sports one in "Worst Case Scenario".
- Expy: Fans have noted the similarities between Bertrand and Kratos Aurion.
- Mr. Exposition: Seems like his primary role in the comic.
Dr. DamA minor baddie in the Original Arc, he mainly served as the foil to Prof. Suineg. He also appeared in Blinded and particularly The Yay Agenda arcs with much bigger roles.Tropes associated with Dr. Dam:
Introduced in External Links
Cyber Punk medieval Japan on an unplanned time-traveling incident. Rival of Ere, she often ends up either on a separate mission with Adbot— who she quickly befriended, and is trying to develop a Stabilizer Microchip for— or bailing everybody else out.Tropes associated with Trope-tan:
- Author Avatar: As close as the original author came to one.
- Magical Girl: Upon her initial introduction.
Wikipe-TanEnemy, rival, friend, and possible romantic interest to Trope-tan.Tropes associated with Wikipe-tan:
- Dark Magical Girl: Upon her initial introduction.
Uncyclo-TanFriend of Wikipe-Tan with a one-sided crush on her. Resents Trope-tan for this reason. Appeared toward the end of the arc and played a major role in "Beyond the Impossible". Hasn't been seen in the webcomic since.Tropes associated with Uncyclo-tan:
Introduced in Mirror Universe
Ere D. NayEre D'Nust counterpart in the Mirror Universe.
Report TahtReport Siht counterpart in the Mirror Universe.
Introduced in Meta-Planetary
Introduced in A.U.T.H.O.R.
A.U.T.H.O.R.An Author Avatar / Eldritch Abomination Hybrid that has 'updated' the comic daily since Oct 18, 2009. The fans eathor love him or hate him. Drink's Nightmare Fuel for some unknown reason. He has the same eye color and hair color as Trope-tan. And is a male character. Was Demoted To Narrator in the "Beyond The Impossible" arc.Tropes associated with A.U.T.H.O.R.:
- Alt Text: A.U.T.H.O.R.'s Alt Text oddly makes more sense then the surreal ones they had before he joined the strip.
- The Atoner: Becomes this at the begining of the "Beyond The Impossible" arc, to the fan's at least. The next arc's name even is "My Apongiese to the Fans..." He's doing everything he can to fix everything he has caused to the comic.
- Author Avatar: A.U.T.H.O.R. outright calls himself one in his first strip. Second strip he reveals in the Alt Text that he's also an Eldritch Abomination, in fact he points of that Alt Text in the last panel.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: A.U.T.H.O.R. does this in every Alt Text so far. And he has hinted at having No Fourth Wall.
- Expy: A.U.T.H.O.R.'s "Normal" body resembles Megabyte from ReBoot.
- Fun with Acronyms: A.U.T.H.O.R.'s name, though he doesn't know what his name stands for. Everyone has agreed (A.U.T.H.O.R. himself confirmed) that the R stands for 'RECON!!!'
- I'm a Humanitarian:
- R.E.D.S.H.I.R.T.: Huh, could've sworn I heard something. (looks around) Oh well...A.U.T.H.O.R.(in total shadow with a huge smile): TIME TO MAKE WAFFLES!
- Interactive Narrator: A.U.T.H.O.R. becomes this at the end of the "Beyond The Impossible" arc.
- Knight of Cerebus: Inverted with A.U.T.H.O.R. in his arc. It was mostly a BLAM arc. Thankfully it didn't stick.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: A.U.T.H.O.R. constantly hints at being Trope-tan's father, and even mentions a relationship with Wikipe-tan.
- Mind Screw: A.U.T.H.O.R.'s bread and butter.
- MST: The bit part A.U.T.H.O.R. played in The Yay Aganda arc. Happped almost every sunday with A.U.T.H.O.R. commenting on every major event of the week. He's been doing it again for the "Beyond The Impossible" arc.
- Also the MST stuff the only good part of A.U.T.H.O.R.'s character.
- Put on a Bus: A.U.T.H.O.R. is put on a bus (kinda he's only just the Narrator now, from a seemingly normal RTA Bus.) in the most epic way possable to end the "Beyond The Impossible" arc.
Introduced in The Yay Agenda
Retrope R. Dipertni
Age: 22 (17 in Trope Gakuen, 8 in Lil' Troperz)A gender-ambiguous Italian Intrepid Reporter who became a regular after The Yay Agenda arc.
3 Sizes: 83-50-87
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Bluish gray
3 Sizes: 83-50-87
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Bluish gray
- Better to Die Than Be Killed: When faced with the prospect of either shooting herself with the last bullet or being eaten alive (or worse) by a Cthulhu-esque monster, Retrope chooses the former.
- Badass Normal: Retrope is the only one among the stable cast without superpowers of any sort. It doesn't prevent her from being an Action Girl when the situation calls for it and knowing the basics of Wiki Magic.
- Bifauxnen: The fact that Report finds Retrope incredibly hot confuses him greatly until he confirms that she is, indeed, a girl.
- Bi the Way: It's official.
- Daddy's Girl: Retrope, by the misfortune of growing up without a mother.
- Dead Alternate Counterpart: Inverted with Retrope: she was killed in all known alternate universes but resurrected later in the Prime (and only in the Prime).
- Doom Magnet: At least for Mafia-related problems, it seems.
- Dying Alone: In "Worst Case Scenario". Good thing it's temporary.
- Evil Twin: Subverted. When Report revisits the Mirror Universe in the Family Matters arc with Prime!Ere and Prime!Retrope, they cannot find the latter's Evil Twin anywhere.
- Friendly Sniper: Shown to be pretty handy with a sniper rifle in a pinch.
- Gratuitous Italian: Defied by Retrope, who studied English and history at Oxford and considers it bad form to mix languages like that.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Also Retrope never says it, Ere correctly guesses that she, having no living relatives, needs a bit of family warmth every once in a while. Who would have known.
- I Miss Dad: Retrope breaking down and finally crying for her late father in Mrs. Nust's arms in Troublesome Heirloom is definitely a Tear Jerker. She is very embarrassed about it afterwards and asks her not to tell Ere.
- Intrepid Reporter: Retrope even gets killed while doing her job.
- Come Bronze Age, she has been seen actually reporting less and less, mostly hanging out with Report and Co. or playing bass for the Crüe. Thankfully (or not), she seems back in the biz in "Worst Case Scenario".
- Mafia Princess: Subverted. Retrope is an independent, very intelligent young woman who earns her own bread by journalism, refusing to accept her father's financial support. She does respect him greatly, though, and harbors no ill feelings towards him or his line of work. Also, the entire Dipertni mob adores their "princess" (as they call her)... yes, including Susan and Maud.
- Comes to bite her in the ass in Troublesome Heirloom.
- Missing Mom: It is mentioned in passing that Retrope's mother died of cancer when Retrope was two years young.
- Troublesome Heirloom reveals that it wasn't cancer. Instead, she was killed by a hitman working for a rival mob as revenge on Don Dipertni.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: Where Ere prefers quantity over quality and Gabe mainly uses Energy Weapons, Retrope shoots people with style.
- Tomboyish Name: Retrope's middle name is "Rudolph" because her father wanted badly to have a son succeed his family business. This may be the reason behind her gender-ambiguity. It's not quite an Embarrassing Middle Name, but she prefers to shorten it simply to "R.".
- Unexplained Recovery: Twice!
- Unable to Cry: Turns out, Retrope has been unable to cry for her father ever since his death (and her own resurrection). That is, until she meets Mrs. Nust.
- Whip It Good: In Ainaveltsac, after she finds the Vamp Slayer.
Col. Charles NoggardA one-arc wonder, Noggard holds the honor of being the only human character to have ever come close to killing both Report and Ere.Tropes associated with Noggard:
- Bad Boss: Suprisingly subverted: he has a slight A Father to His Men (at least, as long as they don't disappoint him) attitude going on, e.g. carrying a wounded unnamed mook on his back out of a Mafia ambush. And the mook actually survives.
- Colonel Badass: According to the Word of God Info Dump, the Knights' second-to-top Charles Noggard is an ex-RAF colonel who was shot down in Afganistan, bailed out, then killed the entire Taliban search party with just his side-arm and a spare clip. While wounded. Still, he was classified KIA and had to survive on his own in a hostile mountainous region for over a month, before an American patrol picked him up. During this time, he killed almost a hundred Taliban fighters (who grew so scared of him, they called him "Al-Ifrit"), emerging as a paranoid Nietzsche Wannabe. As such, he was of no use to the military anymore and sent into retirement, where he nearly drunk himself to death before Dr. Dam approached him with an offer he couldn't refuse.
- The Dragon: To Dr. Dam.
- Evil Brit: Colonel Noggard, who is British and evil. Not that the two are connected. Probably.
- Expy: Colonel Noggard's appearance is somewhat reminiscent of Miles Quaritch from Avatar.
- Never Found the Body: Colonel Noggard goes down in a blaze of glory, yet it is never confirmed that he is, indeed, dead.
Don DipertniRetrope's father and the mastermind of the local mob.
- The Don
- Fatal Family Photo: Well, kinda. Just before Don Dipertni blows himself and Colonel Noggard to smithereens, we finally get to see the photo that has been on his table all along — it is the photograph of his late wife, the recently killed Retrope, and himself in their happy days. Doubles as a massive Tear Jerker, once you realize that the tough mob boss chose this to be the last thing he ever sees.
- Gratuitous Italian: Played straight by Don Dipertni, who was born and raised on Sicily.
- Manly Tears: Don Dipertni demonstrates a perfect example when Report returns to his mansion with Retrope's body. Most of his men follow the suit.
Introduced in Informational Breakdown
/b/An Eldritch Abomination that has been hinted at existing from The Original Arc, but has only come out to become a main character in the 'Informational Breakdown' arc.Tropes associated with /b/:
- Spell My Name With An /b/: Never forget that the 'b' is lower cased or the '/'s' around it. /b/ will make you wish for death if you do.
Introduced in Family Matters
Report NwonknuReport Siht and Report Taht counterpart in the Bizarro Universe.
- Older and Wiser: Report Nwonknu is the oldest among his half-brothers.
- The Spock: The recently introduced Report Nwonknu—bonus points for looking slightly like Leonard Nimoy (we don't know the identity of his father, hm... maybe?..). Also, his girlfriend Ere D. Uuk looks like one at first but is actually very emotional inside.
- Zen Survivor: Report Nwonknu radiates the feel of a hardcore taoist. He also claims to have known the danger posed by the Guardian for a long time, and observed his brothers' journey from afar from the beginning, but didn't act because it would lead him "the wrong way". Likewise, he joined them as soon as they got over their differences because it was "the right way".
Ere D. UukEre D. Nust and Ere D. Nay counterpart in the Bizarro Universe.
- I Will Find You: After Nwonknu disappears, Ere swears to find him no matter what.
- Seems like she won't be able to fulfill that promise, after all.
- Kuudere: Toward Report Nwonknu.
- Lady of War: Ere D. Uuk is a graceful warrior who handles all the fighting for her Non-Action Guy love interest. With a naginata that transforms into a katana or a longbow. She also comments that Ere D. Nust, too, may be moving towards this archetype.
- Older and Wiser: To Ere D. Nust.
Introduced in Shin Megami Tro-Pay
Daed Ersoh EportPresiding master of The Powers That Be, and Report's (paternal) great-grandfather. Apparently responsible for managing the "regular" universe, Ersoh came to believe that it was "flawed" and imperfect, and destroyed it and everyone inside (except Report and, as revealed later, the Eht-Ecas to create things anew. Report, though, was still quite attached to his home, and fought Ersoh to restore his universe. He is also the one who created Aelf Ecaps Tnaig.Tropes associated with Ersoh:
- Doting Grandparent
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Adored his great-grandson so much that he wanted the perfect universe for him, even going so far as to destroy Report's current universe to get rid of the flaws.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Was the one who gave Report Wit as a birthday present
- Identical Grandson: Report looks almost exactly like him (the difference being the eyes).
- Older Than They Look: Somewhere in the neighborhood of nine-billion.
Introduced in Replacement
Gabriel "Gabe" Eht Eca-Regnilsnug
Age: 23 (17 in Trope Gakuen, 8 in Lil' Troperz)Chivalrous Lech Ace Gunslinger/Inventor/Rich Guy/Pervert who was provided as a replacement for Report during his temporary death. Originally a mole for W.I.K.I., Gabe returns to W.I.K.I. following the retrieval of Report, becoming a main character. Always carrying no less that fourteen guns with him at all times (though you can't see them).Track Record:
Top (Recorded) Speed: 8800 km/h
Hair Color: Silver
Eye Color: Green (Sometimes turn Gold)
Top (Recorded) Speed: 8800 km/h
Hair Color: Silver
Eye Color: Green (Sometimes turn Gold)
- Number of women had sex with (shown): 32
- Number of women had sex with (claimed): 389,952
- Number of times had sex: 389,952
- Pick-Up Line Success Rate: 98.2%
- Number of tacos eaten: 4,097
- Times shown multitasking while eating a taco: 5
- Percent of his lines that count as innuendo: 32%
- Percent of his lines that could be construed as innuendo: 89%
- Number of inventions: 1,398
- Number of marketed inventions: 547
- Number of inventions not related to guns, lasers, gynoids, or explosions: 12
- Number of gynoids built: 89,447
- Number of gynoids built by hand: 18
- Number of arcs directly responsible for: 8
- Number of lightning bolts projected: 849
- Number of times shown with bishie sparkles: 128
- Current number of G-Corp Employees: 90,287
- Number of robot girls employed at G-Corp: 89,451
- Number of non-robot girls employed at G-Corp: 831
- Number of males currently employed at G-Corp: 5
- Number of non-family-member males currently employed at G-Corp: 3
- Total number of males ever employed at G-Corp: 1,047
- Number of males who quit out of fear of being accused of sexual harassment: 1,043
- Number of female employees who would actually accuse someone of sexual harassment: 87
- Number of female employees who would actually press sexual harassment charges: 0
- Number of male employees fired for being an ass: 1
- Average yearly revenue: $1,890,244,600
- Percent of yearly revenue spent on bribes: 8%
- Percent of yearly revenue spent on damage costs: 6%
- Percent of yearly revenue spent on AAA batteries: 19%
- Percent of yearly revenue spent on Toaster Strudels: 12%
- Percent of yearly revenue spent on tacos: 24%
- The Ace
- Benevolent Boss: Whenever he's actually at the workplace.
- Berserk Button: Don't be any level of misogynist around Gabe, or he'll drive your head through seven brick-and-mortar buildings and still won't let you die yet.
- Gabe: Oh, no, you ain't gettin' off that easy.
- As of Gabriel: God of Lightning, touch Regnis wrongly in any way and you'll see why Gabe has to wear a second collar.
- Gabe: Resolve to thine destiny, and take heart; know that with thine hands, thou hast sewn thy own seeds of destruction, both in body and in soul.
- Bishōnen: Hands-down. He even uses his sparklies as a weapon and detergent.
- Boxing Lessons for Superman: Gabe's roadie skills.
- Bodyguard Crush: How his romance with Regnis began in Song For You arc.
- Brought Down to Normal: In "Worst Case Scenario" arc, he abuses his powers in a failed attempt to save Regnis, which activates his choker and hits him with his own Lightning to massively depower him. His powers are back by the end of the arc.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: Stiffens up and becomes a model gentleman in Regnis' presense, much to his own astonishment.
- Can't Hit A Girl: Can't hit anything that's female unless a bunch of conditions are fulfilled. They really have to piss him off.
- Bertrand: For Gabe to get pissed at a woman is like...well, there is nothing like it. That's how you know it's bad sh*t.
- The Casanova: Was this, prior to Regnis. He is implied to not have even felt romantic feelings before Song for You arc.
- Chekhov's Skill: After "The Tröper Crüe Saves Santa", Gabe started moonlighting as a roadie for the Tröper Crüe. In WCS, after being Brought Down to Normal and spending the entire arc useless, he finally finds something he can do: assemble a large amp set around the Spaces Square and use it to empower Yug with the sounds of metal.
- Chivalrous Pervert/Handsome Lech: Manages to be both. Even created a defined difference between the two.
- Gabe: Perverts regularly harbor lustful thoughts about the opposite sex, with a 20-25% chance of acting on them. Leches constantly harbor lustful thoughts about the opposite sex, with a 20-25% chance of not acting on them.
- Cool Ship: The Durandal, his personal intergalactic star cruiser
- Crazy-Prepared: Skirts the line on this; seems to always have exactly what the situation calls for hidden up his sleeve, but he never has back-ups of them in case it breaks, malfunctions, or is otherwise disabled (save when it can be played for laughs).
- Creepy Cool Crosses: His double choker[[supersecretspoiler:s]], which doubles as a Power Limiter
- Creepy Monotone: To Regnis' blackmailer/ex-husband:Gabe: And if I ever see you even as much as breathe in Regnis' direction, I will tear you apart limb-from-limb, glue you back together, and then it will get REALLY painful. Am I clear on the matter?
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Gabe is eaten alive by the Ad Bot in "Worst Case Scenario". He gets better.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: He's seen all the movies, read all the books, and heard all the lines. Due to his immunity to the laws of causality, he can even invoke some of them.
- Gabe: Alright, Report, what do you see?Report: I see the door to the bathroom.Gabe: Of course you do. Now, the light is on, the door is locked, and you can hear the shower running. That mean's someone's in there right now, and I'm guessing it's your ladyfriend.Report: Get to the point.Gabe: Alright. I am now going to open this door and invoke "Accidental Pervert".[Next panel, Gabe opens the door; Ere is inside, bathing][Ere notices Gabe]Ere: Ugh! You Pervert![Gabe closes door]Gabe: See? Now watch as I open the door again, and this time it's your other ladyfriend.[Gabe opens the door, and Retrope is undressing]Gabe: ...Called it.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Tanned skin and silver hair
- Deadly Upgrade: His "God of Lightning" form, which lowers the max amount of power Gabe can use before overloading with each use.
- Defiant to the End: Even after being depowered, losing all his friends, and remaining the sole defender of the New Trope City, Gabe laughs in Dab Gib's face, telling him that the W.I.K.I. still exists and that his brother Axel will avenge him.
- Empty Shell: After losing all his powers and failing to save Regnis' life in "Worst Case Scenario". Came complete with Dull Eyes of Unhappiness.
- Extremity Extremist: Whenever he's forced to fight hand-to-hand, Gabe never uses kicks or knees, even when they would be the more effective action for the moment. There is a reason for this.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Built his guns, car, and Cool Ship himself, and apparently is always working on something new. He even started G-Corporation as a cover for his more...flashy inventions. Many of the recent cyber-world or sci-fi-type arcs are usually the result of one of his inventions either going awry or working perfectly.
- Gun Kata
- Gun Fu
- Guns Akimbo
- The Gunslinger: Dances between all four types, depending on the situation. Usually a Type A.
- Healing Factor: Gabe, and by extension his whole family, can recover from most injuries in less than a day. Larger ones, though, take longer, and when Gabe's whole body was burned at the end of "On The Topic of Family...", he didn't recover until "Old Demons".
- Hidden Weapons: Carries at least fourteen handguns on him at all times, and those are just the ones you can't see.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Where he keeps his larger guns.
- Human Mom Non Human Dad (Subverted in that his mother was stronger than his father.)
- Improbable Aiming Skills: With only the tracers he had planted on Ere and Retrope beforehand to go by, he was able to launch Axel directly into the Yakuza's base—from the Eastern US.
- Informed Ability: The true extent of his speed has yet to be seen.
- Ladykiller in Love: Basically, the whole plot of the Song For You arc.
- Lethal Chef: As an inventor, he has a habit of experimenting while he's cooking, resulting in..."trial and error".
- Lightning Can Do Anything: And how! So far, he's: accelerated to FTL-speeds by dumping energy into his own molecules to excite them, traveled through time under his own power, made a time machine that uses him as a battery, killed people a-la Force Lightning, restarted his own heart after he "died" while trapped in an iceberg, eaten a thunderstorm, trapped a villain in a computer system by converting them into pure electrical impulses, piloted a Giant Robot after its fictionite power source ran dry by plugging himself directly into the reactor, and nearly turned Regnis's blackmailing ex-husband insane after manipulating the man's brain's electrical impulses to create a phantasmagoric hell. And that's just the things he's done while serious.
- Subverted when all the power he has not only fails to save the only woman he's ever loved, but causes a large amount of physical damage to him and sends said powers into remission.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Gabe, despite being in a relationship, is still the horniest thing between here and the Planet of the Nymphomanics. And we still love him.
- Marty Stu: Gabe reveals that he and Axel are this In-Universe, and have to wear special collars that severely limit their powers.
- Must Make Her Laugh: Gabe's attempts to cheer up Regnis.
- Odd Name Out: Unlike the other main characters, Gabe and his properties aren't a direct Anthropomorphic Personification of a trope. He is, however, Dangerously Genre Savvy thanks to this detachment, and uses it to his advantage—not that he'd need one.
- Power Turns Your Hair Silver: His hair looks "silver" because his Lightning causes a cross of galvanization and electrolysis, causing its "shiny" appearance.
- Required Secondary Powers: Like Ere, his powers require large amounts of metabolic energy to use. Avoids Big Eater with his Trademark Favorite Food.
- Also wears friction-resistant and anti-static clothing.
- Shipper on Deck: Gabe is the first person aware of Report and Ere's love/hate/hate/hate/like/hate/love/hate/mild indigestion/hate/dislike/hate/awkward/hate/dish soap/hate/hate/super-hate/super-like/jealousy/hate relationship (at least to reader knowledge), and as such tries to get them to realize their feelings. Because of this, all of the other shippers and pairers dislike him. Including the other Report/Ere shippers, for doing it better than them (and actually showing up in the comic).
- Shock and Awe: Gabe's Lightning (yes, it's capitalized) powers.
- Super Mode: God of Lightning, activated when he removes his choker, increases his powers exponentially.
- [[supersecretspoiler: Divine Storm Deity-mode increases his powers to the limit, but carries a risk of killing him upon activation.]]
- Secondary Fire: All of his plasma guns (save two) are essentially pistols, but feature a setting that replicates the effect of different weapons. So far we've seen them replicate a shotgun blast and sniper rifle fire.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Tacos.
- Tranquil Fury: After he hears Regnis' story. Pure Nightmare Fuel.
- Wave Motion Gun: the O.M.G. (Omni-powered Mega-Gun) and its variants.
- What Is This Feeling?: After spacing out for a day after meeting Regnis, Gabe drags Report out of bed to ask him this. Report is quite amused.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: Often collapses into this in moments of extreme anger, a sign of his "God of Lightning" persona taking hold:
- Gabe: Casteth the die; be your verdict guilty, and your seven seconds of torment shall feel unto seven eternities.
Introduced in Teh L33t W4rz
XDOwner of Dimension-1337 and "illustrious" host of The L33t W4rz. Met an ironic end at the hands of Viel, in the tournament semi-finals.Tropes associated with XD:
- Meaningful Name
- Leet Speak: Befitting the owner of a "Leet" dimension
- Ironic Death: Reduced to chunky salsa by his own move
Age: Unknown (17 in Trope Gakuen)Report's "evil" alter-ego that was "born" after he absorbed the essence from Aelf Ecaps Tnaig's explosion, fully developing at the climax of T3h L33t W4rz arc, killing XD.Is his own separate character in the High School A.U. spinoff.Track Record:
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: White
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: White
- Taken control of Report: 4 times
- Said what everyone was thinking: 16 times
- Mimicked actions: 9
- Dancing scenes: 3
- Cigarettes smoked: 2
- Said Catch Phrase: 3 times
- Badass Moments: 4
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Can instantly and perfectly replicate any technique that he "sees" through Report's eyes, including things that should be physically impossible for either of them. The usefulness of this is offset by the condition that Viel can only perform it once per time that Report sees it, meaning if he sees it once, he can use it once before he has to see it again.
- The inverse is also true: if he sees it 1000 times, he has 1000 uses of it.
- Black and Grey Morality: Stated that he is not necessarily "evil", persay, but still isn't obstructed by the same "morals" that Report is, and can therefore commit less desirable acts.
- Not Quite Dead: Turns out, Viel survived in the deepest recesses of Report's mind until the "Worst Case Scenario" arc.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Significant Anagram: his name anagrams to "evil".
- Superpowered Evil Side: Report's, though not so much "evil" as "scarily direct".
Introduced in Song For You
Age: 22-ish (17 in Trope Gakuen, 8 in Lil' Troperz)A popular singer, a Broken Bird, and currently a Long Distance Love Interest for Gabe since the Song For You arc. Appears episodically due to being Married to the Job.Tropes associated with Regnis:
3 Sizes: 88-52-84
Hair Color: Lilac-ish Blue
Eye Color: Ice Blue
3 Sizes: 88-52-84
Hair Color: Lilac-ish Blue
Eye Color: Ice Blue
- Ascended Extra: Despite being created by a guest author and only intended to appear in the "Song for You" arc, she was so loved by the fandom as well as Tsidalb himself) that she was promoted to full-fledged character.
- Broken Bird: Oh. So. Much. It is revealed that she and her husband really loved each other, but her desire to have a successful career left them less and less quality time. Eventually, he forced her to choose and she chose work. Her guilt over this, coupled with him starting to blackmail her out of spite, made her so afraid of close relationships, she never even considered one until Gabe broke the ice.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: Getting her life story from drunk Regnis was so easy, you have to wonder why no one did it before Report and Gabe came along.
- Celibate Hero: In stark contrast to her on-stage persona. Her reasons for shunning relationships are not pretty.
- Dropped a Bridge on Her: Regnis just happened to be in the general vicinity of the W.I.K.I. HQ when it got nuked. She died of radiation poisoning just minutes later, despite Gabe's attempts to save her.
- Famous Last Words: (to Gabe) "My song... and my love... don't forget them..."
- Kuudere: Her initial responses to Gabe's attempts at flirting are to give him the cold shoulder. She eventually warms up, though.
- I Love You Because I Can't Control You: Regnis is likely the first woman Gabe has ever met to be completely impervious to his charms, leaving him confused and disoriented (at first). The first clue is when Regnis shows more interest in Report (thanks to his involvement with the Tröper Crüe) than in him.
- Married to the Job: The woman is so obsessed with her career, she completely ignores all non-professional relationships. It is also revealed that this was what screwed up her first (and only) marriage, and it actually got worse after her divorce.
- Relationship Upgrade: She is officially betrothed to Gabe post-Worst Case Scenario.
- Sexy Character Boring Actor: Report and Gabe soon discover that Regnis' sexy, sultry on-stage persona has nothing to do with her business-like, borderline asexual day-to-day personality.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair (Kind of a pale lilac-ish blue, though).
Introduced in Troublesome Heirloom
Mrs. and Mr. NustEre's parents. They were mentioned many times throughout the story but only properly introduced in "Troublesome Heirloom" arc. They show amusing similatiries to Ere and Report themselves.Tropes associated with the senior Nusts:
- Apron Matron: Mrs. Nust seems like a paragon of maternal wisdom.
- Badass Family
- Generation Xerox: Mrs. Nust looks like Ere herself would look like in 30 years or so and Mr. Nust is basically Report with wrinkles, gray hair, and a few extra pounds.
- Mistress and Servant Boy: This seems to be the dynamic between Mrs. and Mr. Nust, though he takes a philosophical approach to this.
Introduced in On The Topic of Family...
Azelouse "Axel" Eht Eca-Namsdrows Retsam
Age: 23 (17 in Trope Gakuen, 8 in Lil' Troperz)Gabe's blunt, battle-centric Half Identical Twin brother, introduced in On The Topic of Family.... Meant to be a one-arc character, he wound up staying around after I Can Be An Ass, Too voted him to become the newest member of the main cast.Track Record:
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown (Sometimes turn Gold)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown (Sometimes turn Gold)
- Beat up Gabe for perverted acts: 8 times
- Giant Robots destroyed: 14
- Total swords summoned: 1,987
- Total swords used: 1,346
- Max number of swords used at once: 5
- Swords Thrown: 18
- Wiki Magic Invoked: 1 time
- Non-magic Wei Ki Invoked: 1,444 times
- Number of different Wei Ki techniques Invoked under "Razor Wind": 292 types
- Meals cooked: 109
- Received damage from puns: 27 times
- Flat "No"s: 81
- Flat Whats: 6
- Chose not to get involved in a situation: 17 times
- Wound up involved anyway: 17 times
- Menacing Stares: 40
- Harem Potential: 5 girls
- How much he would care to deal with a harem on a scale of one to ten: No.
- Amount his opinion affects the probability of him getting one anyway: -100%
- Possessed by Tsidalb: 7 times
- Possessed by Tsidalb mid-sentence: 1 time
- Made Ere mad: Lost count
- Made Ere calm down from being mad: Once
- Blunt speech ratio: 95%
- Brutally Honest statement ratio: 40%
- Padded speech: 3 times
- Expositions: 10
- Gotten excited about a fight: 15 times
- Slasher Smiles: 2
- Stoicism Ratio: 93.4%
- Taken off jacket: Once
- Said "Oi": 212 times
- Gotten arrested for carrying his swords in public: 8 times
- Fanservice-y Shirtless Scenes: 4
- Author Avatar: of Tsidalb.
- Berserk Button: Giant robots, as revealed during Giga-Nippon.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Gabe thinks this is what Dab did to Axel in "Worst Case Scenario".
- Brutal Honesty: All. The damn. Time.
- Somewhat averted, as his trademark blunt answers only come when he's asked directly; otherwise, it's You Didn't Ask.
- Catch Phrase: "If you won't X, I'll X in your place." (a variant of He Will Not Cry, So I Cry for Him).
- Crash-Into Hello: his and Cinam's first meeting. Inverted as he was the one that did the crashing—into her mech.
- Embarassing First Name: Finds "Azelouse" too hard for other people to remember and "Azel" sounds too feminine, so he goes by "Axel".
- Face–Heel Turn: Upon his return in "Worst Case Scenario", Axel seems to have been corrupted by The Dark Side and sided with Dab Gib.
- Field of Blades: Only when he wants to choose a different sword to fight with
- Foil: Introduced as such, to Gabe.
- Genre Savvy: Only enough to keep up with his brother's perverted antics.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: His normal style
- Implausible Fencing Powers: slices a warehouse in half from a mile and a half away, using an iaito.
- Jerkass With A Heart Of Gold: Is arguably more direct than any of the other male main characters, and is often seen as mean.
- Axel: I'm not mean, just blunt. I tell it like it is, instead of like it should be. So yes, those pants do make your butt look big.
- Lightning Bruiser: In Tales of Epic Fantasy Quest, however, he is described as a Mighty Glacier.
- Master Swordsman
- Mr. Exposition: to anything pertaining to Gabe or himself, at least
- Multi-Melee Master: A sword-wielding variant, he is implied to have as many swords as Gabe has guns
- Expy: of Archer. Word of God confirmed this.
- Badass Jacket: his trademark dark-grey jacket. Looks like it's made of leather, with a scale-like pattern, and is virtually indestructible.
- The Straight Man: Has yet to be seen reaching the level of excitability displayed by the other characters, and at times often comments on the ridiculousness of their antics or of the situation.
- Supreme Chef: Some of the meals he's made have been delicious enough to put people in to hour-long, acid trip-coma hybrid states.
Eeno-samaGabe's Cool Big Sis.Tropes associated with Eeno:
Introduced in G.A.V.I.N.
AdonisThe "A" of G.A.V.I.N., and "interim" leader of A.V.I.N. Was Gabe's close friend before Gabe had a change of heart and left the organization. Has power to instantly regenerate cellular damage.Tropes associated with Adonis:
- Bishōnen: Like all of G.A.V.I.N.
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: Says this word-for-word to Regnis
- Healing Factor: The most prominent of all characters introduced in the Bronze Age arcs.
- And I Must Scream: His death, being ripped apart on cellular, molecular, and atomic levels simultaneously, while experiencing the pain of all of it.
- Cursed with Awesome: Has complete and minute control over his biorhythm, allowing him to near-instantly rearrange his organs to survive otherwise lethal blows, and regenerate from a single atom.
- Blessed with Suck: Somehow has nerve endings in his own atoms, has an enhanced sense of touch (meaning he feels more pain compared to "normal"), and is constantly in pain from his hair growing and skin cells dying.
- The Lancer: In G.A.V.I.N.
- Big Bad: Of A.V.I.N.
VinceThe "V" of G.A.V.I.N., and resident Evil Genius. When Gabe left G.A.V.I.N., Vince was the one who reorganized it into what became A.V.I.N.Originally lived life as a blind street urchin before Gabe took him in. His power, "Strategist", allows him to see every outcome of anything.Tropes associated with Vince:
- The Chessmaster: Set up both the series of events that led Gabe to leave G.A.V.I.N. so he could take control, and the plan that would force Gabe to rejoin them.
- Also a literal chess master, as flashbacks in G.A.V.I.N. show him regularly playing the game and winning.
- Chess Motif
- Cursed with Awesome: "Strategist" allows him to see every possible outcome of an event, as well as each of the outcomes of each according action, many times over, allowing him to plan for any eventuality.
- Blessed with Suck: Vince "sees" through "Strategist"; forcing him to focus on an event with few possible outcomes effectively blinds him.
- The Smart Guy: In G.A.V.I.N.
- Evil Genius: Of A.V.I.N.
- Milky White Eyes
"Icarus"/IrisThe "I" of G.A.V.I.N., the enigmatic "Icarus" almost never spoke (except near Gabe), never ate, and never slept, prior to when G.A.V.I.N. became A.V.I.N.. "Icarus" was found in a junkyard when the then-forming G.A.V.I.N. was looking for a hideout, and took an immediate liking to Gabe. "Icarus" is actually a gynoid named Iris, built by the obscure and unfortunately-named scientist Ihav Aquesa Krabz.Tropes associated with "Icarus"/Iris
- Ridiculously Human Robot: Crosses over into Uncanny Valley
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Prior to The Reveal
- The Dark Chick: Of A.V.I.N. Even before her "gender" was revealed
- Samus Is a Girl
- Mega Manning: Has the power to temporarily "copy" a power from someone through physical contact (like X-men's Rogue), but can only "load" one power at a time.
- After her Heel–Face Turn, she can "store" powers by uploading them to a database Gabe created for her, and switch between them by "downloading" it from there.
- High-Heel–Face Turn
- Meaningful Name: In both forms, having both "feathery" wings (a reference to Greek mythology) and no "pupils" (her eyes are only irises)
- Depraved Homosexual: Appears to be one in G.A.V.I.N.
NedThe "N" of G.A.V.I.N. Ned speaks primarily in one- or two-syllable words, and is not exactly the sharpest knife in the socket. Despite being part of G.A.V.I.N., Ned is a good person, and believes in doing the right thing. Prior to meeting Gabe, he was forced into being a slave fighter by a greedy racketeer, while trying to make a living.Ned's power, "Pump", reinforces and strengthens his muscles and deadens his pain receptors, rendering him effectively impervious to outside assault.Tropes associated with Ned:
Introduced in Uber-Nippon
Lirg Maerd Eixip CinamYoung, hyperactive lieutenant in the Ninkyō Dantai Anti-Crime division. Befriended Ere and Retrope during their stay in Japan, and helped to rescue them from Bōryokudan's Yakuza. Fell head-over-heels for Axel at first sight.Tropes associated with Cinam:
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: to Axel, kinda
- Love at First Sight: again, with Axel
- Genki Girl
- BFG: the "Magic Wand", which she uses when not in her mech
Bōryokudan OyabunHead of the Bōryokudan Yakuza. Dislikes having to pay his subordinates' bills, which leads to Ere getting on his bad side.Revealed to be an old friend of Don Dipertni, and as such has a great amount of respect for Retrope.Tropes associated with Oyabun:
- The Don
- Meaningful Name: "Oyabun" refers to the head of a Yakuza family.
- Gentleman Thief: Was one in his past, and planned to return to it. He succeeds at the end of the arc.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Doesn't like innocents getting caught up in his business, and physically berates his men whenever they do.
- The Cavalry / Big Damn Heroes: shows up with his group just minutes after The Consigliere, and better equipped to handle giant demons.
Bōryokudan KobunOyabun's son, who wishes his father would become a seriously legitimate businessman. Usually calm and rational, but able to go sanguine at the drop of a hat.Tropes associated with Kobun:
- Meaningful Name: "Kobun" refers those under the Oyabun in a Yakuza family.
- Older Than They Look: About the same age as Yug (mid-20s), but looks like a high-schooler.
- Badass Normal: Dodged every single one of Ere's blows (which were fire-powered at the time)
- Split Personality: Has a side that does things intelligently and a side that believes awesome should be loud and flashy.
- Many Spirits Inside of One: Was shown to be carrying the souls of Ere and Report in his body after they "died" in Worst Case Scenario. The relevance of this has yet to be seen.
Bōryokudan OjouOyabun's daughter and Kobun's younger sister. Spoiled by her father, she dislikes Kobun's urging of him to go legit.Tropes associated with Ojou:
Introduced in Teacher
Bryondell "Brynn" Eht-Eca Nidalap
Age: 23The third Eht-Eca brother and Rank A Marty Stu, Brynn is issued by M.S.P.A.IN.T. as a teacher for Ere and Report, to help them control their new powers. Almost always smiling.Track Record:
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Blue
- Appearance ratio spent with smile on face: 94%
- Appearance ratio spent with goofy smile on face: 32%
- Dropped pants to prove a point: 6 times
- Has had light emanating from parts of his body: 9 times
- Has used his ponytail to turn his hair-glow on and off like a lamp: 4 times
- Has worn a lamp shade over his head while doing so: 1 time
- Has worn a lamp shade over his head period: 3 times
- Cups of tea consumed: 24
- Has been forgotten about by Sarevok: 2 times
- Said Catch Phrase: 4 times
- Has gotten visibly mad: 0 times
- Number of outfits shown wearing: 7
- The Ace: Even among his brothers; Brynn is a Rank A Marty Stu (Axel and Gabe are Rank B), and doesn't need to wear the second limiter.
- Beware the Nice Ones: 99.9% of the time, Brynn's the nicest guy you'll ever meet (even if you're the most evil being in the universe). However, the moment someone insinuates that he's compensating for something...
- BFS: The "Demon-Buster" sword, already as tall as he is (that's six feet), and capable of getting even larger.
- Combat Medic
- Compensating for Something: Quick to prove it wrong regardless of situation, in one of two trademark methods.
- Death Glare: Something he apparently picked up from his sister.
- Dressed to Heal: When doing medical work, he wears a combination lab coat/doctor's uniform.
- Badass Labcoat: Said coat is bulletproof, fire- and tear-resistant, and climate-controlled. Brynn can also summon it out of nowhere.
- Eyes Always Shut
- Foe-Tossing Charge: Single-handedly carves a path through hundreds of heavily-armed thief-terrorists in Hostage Situation.
- Gender-Blender Name: His nickname.
- Half Identical Twin: To Axel.
- Healing Hands
- Holy Hand Grenade
- Implausible Fencing Powers: No matter its size, Brynn can always wield his sword with one hand, with no apparent detriment to his abilities.
- Perpetual Smiler
- Trust Me, I'm a Doctor: Sort of; it's revealed in Hostage Situation that he has undergone medical training and is licensed to practice medicine at his discretion by MSPAINT.
Bisho MitahoraA fairly minor character overall. Introduced in Teacher strip #15 and threatened to verge on becoming a main character. However the writer killed her off spectacularly to avoid this in strip #28Tropes associated with Bisho:
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: In fitting with her Mary Sue nature
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: Her name
- Came Back Wrong: Reintroduced by magic, briefly in strip #40. Of the no soul variety. Killed off again Of course, many people think she had no soul anyway
- Dropped a Bridge on Her: Was killed by Gabe's experimental orbital ballista when he failed to take into account Newton's 3rd law, sending the entire contraption straight downward onto her head.
- Even the Girls Want Her
- Killed Off for Real: Thank God.
- Twofer Token Minority: Asain and Jewish and Bisexual
- Shoot The Shaggy Dog Story: Her Aborted Arc
Introduced in Ainaveltsac
Tnuoc AlucardThe achingly, achingly beautiful boss of Ainaveltsac. A vampire who returns to life every six months to do whatever.Tropes associated with Tnuoc:
- Bishōnen: Oh, god, very much so
- Large Ham: Evident from his conversation with Retrope
- Even the Guys Want Him: Not even Gabe was immune to his effects.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Not especially affected by crosses, garlic, or holy water, nor exceptionally resistant to mundane weapons or pointed objects. Sunlight doesn't bother him much ('cept when it gets in his eyes), and he prefers white wine to red wine.
- Ambiguously Gay: Consistently uses "common" gay words (or common "gay" words) like "fabulous". Has a room in each castle dedicated solely to interior decoration
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: Word-for-word.
- Expy: Of both Dracula and Twilight vampires.
- Handsome Lech: On par with Gabe, but more perversion than lecherousness.
Repaer MirgTnuoc's "assistant", she is responsible for the majority of anything that gets done around Ainaveltsac. Gets extremely annoyed at Tnouc's behavior.Winds up with Gabe as her opponent, and after a particularly humiliating defeat uses him as an excuse to get out of AinaveltsacTropes associated with Repaer:
- Grim Reaper
- Anthropomorphic Personification: A Cute Monster Girl version of the personification of Death
- That One Boss: Apparently set up and lauded to be such In-Universe. However, when you're opponent's Gabe...
- Defeat by Modesty (As if)
- Vapor Wear: In Ainaveltsac, it's shown that she's not wearing undergarments (or much else, according to Gabe). She hides it under her black cloak, though.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Just extremely irritable.
- Sinister Scythe
- Blood Knight: "Lives for the battle" in her own words. A bit ironic, seeing as she's an anthropomorphic personification of death.
IhsgnaijA jiang-shi employed by Tnouc. Despite being superpowerful, Ihs has a track record of zero since his rigor mortis renders him unable to catch anyone. As such, he's stationed at the entrance to act as a guard.Tropes associated with Ihsgnaij:
- Chinese Vampire
- Our Vampires Are Different: even among jiang-shi. Ihs can temporarily undo the rigor mortis that prevents him from being effective, but doing so drops his power considerably.
- The Unfought: Since the portal dumps out the cast in the Entryway—which is already inside the castle.
- Iron Butt Monkey: so powerful he's nigh-invulnerable, but still hates the fact that he sucks.
FlowerewA werewolf, tasked with patrolling the entryway. Is defeated by Report.Tropes associated with Flowerew:
- Our Werewolves Are Different: His werewolf nature is in no way affected or controlled by the moon.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: Report took him down with a single hit (once he actually hit him).
- Unfortunate Names: With a name often read "Flower Ew", who could disagree?
Sir Romra GnivilA living suit of armor charged with guarding the garden of Eltsac and Eltsac P2. Looked down on by many of the other bosses for being kindhearted and somewhat slow. Befriends Yug Gib, in whom he finds a common bond.Tropes associated with Sir Romra:
- Gentle Giant: not Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever-giant, but larger than Yug Gib.
- Friend to All Living Things: Requested being stationed in the gardens to be close to the flowers.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Encountered Ere before meeting Yug, but let her pass on the grounds of her being a lady.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: is killed by a Tnuoc-possessed Naharrud
- Heroic Sacrifice: Threw himself in front of Yug to protect him from Naharrud's attack.
NerisA siren guarding the "Underground River-thing" in Eltsac P2. Hates that her job entails killing people who she has no beef with. Winds up confronting Ere, but surrenders when the latter's euphoria began to wear off.Tropes associated with Neris:
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Sirens are mermaids that can sing. They can also turn their fin-tail-thing into legs on dry land.
- Apologetic Attacker
- Cry Cute: One of the tricks Tsidalb used to stop the constant stream of hate mail over the use of sprites was that Neris would cry if they didn't stop. It worked.
- Seashell Bra
- Making a Splash: She's a mermaid, so duh.
ElyogragA Gargoyle that patrols the Outer Clock Tower of Eltsac. Extremely misogynist, he loses first to Retrope and later to Gabe (with the latter responding in his usual way).Tropes associated with Elyograg:
- He-Man Woman Hater: Misogynist to the point that his loss to Retrope nearly destroyed his sanity.
- Taken for Granite: Unfortunately granite doesn't hold up well to strategically-placed pipe bombs or Wave Motion Guns.
Barc Ymene TnaigA giant crab that serves as the boss of Eltsac Clock Tower. Apparently a relative of Aelf Ecaps Tnaig, he attempts revenge on Report, but gets crushed by an elevator.Tropes associated with Barc:
- Captain Ersatz: of Brachyura. His fight with Report mirrored the one in the game, as did his death.
- Death from Above
- Weaksauce Weakness: Elevators to the face, apparently
- You Killed My Cousin, Prepare to Die
- Large Ham: Spends most of his screentime yelling insults at Report.
- Giant Enemy Crab
EnuarlaA plant-woman tasked in charge of the "Ladies Room". While not a boss (or mobile), she runs into Gabe anyway.Tropes associated with Enuarla:
- Man-Eating Plant: both literally and by euphemism.
- Green Thumb
- Lampshade Hanging: "What the hell is that guy (Tnuoc) on, putting a plant in charge of a bathhouse?"
- Unusual Euphemism: half of the words out of her mouth are some form of innuendo, and usually plant-themed. I won't go into detail here.
- Wolverine Claws: Never gets to use them, though
TnaertA tree-monster that wanders around the Eltsac P2 Clock Tower. Apparently very strong, but senile, he confronts Ere but forgets about gravity and falls off of the tower.Tropes associated with Tnaert:
- When Trees Attack: and forget what they were doing
- Anti-Climax Boss: Falls off the tower In-Universe before the fight can even start.
- Mind over Matter: Gained an immunity to burning, despite being a tree, through sheer willpower.
Lived YnrohA demoness in charge of Eltsac Chaos' "Guest House". One of Ainaveltsac's top-ranked bosses, she encounters Gabe and...yeah.Tropes associated with Lived:
- Horny Devil: She's a succubus, what do you expect?
- The Vamp: Even more so than Enuarla
- Defeat Means Stalker with a Crush: According to several reliable sources, Gabe is the first person she's ever lost to, and now she follows him around hoping for a "rematch"
- Fetish Fuel Station Attendant: Suc. Cu. Bus. End of story.
- Me's a Crowd: One of her moves involves making clones of herself to "attack"
- Marshmallow Hell: Her "Finishing Move". Considering her opponent, it wasn't as effective as intended.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes: Her, erm...bodysuit, changes depending on her current mood, exposing more, less, or different skin, depending. When she's sultry or embarrased, everything is covered, and when she's "in that way"...yeah. Guess how she is normally?
NaharrudA black-armored dullahan charged with guarding the Library in Topsy-Turvy Eltsac. Seeing as intruders hardly reach the Library, Naharrud is reasonably bored, and spends his time reading the library's many books—or he wishes he could, since he doesn't have a head.Tropes associated with Naharrud:
- Technical Pacifist: Would rather not start a fight if it can be avoided. Doesn't mind jumping in once it's started, though...
- Animated Armor
- Genius Bruiser: Being a former knight, he's got a good grasp of war and tactics
- Gratuitous Japanese: Due to having Japanese heritage
- Heel–Face Turn: Yug Gib and Sir Romra convince him to leave Tnuoc and Ainaveltsac
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Tnuoc takes control of him and forces him to kill Sir Romra.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: While under Tnuoc's possession
- Adaptive Armor: ...Kinda. Being an animated suit of armor (read: hollow), Naharrud can change the size of his body as a whole. The three sizes we've seen him use so far are his "normal" size (about as big as Yug Gib), his size while possessed by Tnuoc, and about the size of a computer mouse.
- Impossibly Cool Weapon: Uses a BFS attached to the end of a Variable-Length Chain, wielded like an Epic Flail. The chain can be used on its own to Whip It Good, and the aforementioned BFS has both a chainsaw mode and an on-fire mode.
- Expy: Of dullahan in general, but particularly Golden Sun's Dullahan, having a technique involving a sword made of lightning.
- Lampshade Hanging: Laments that he's tasked with guarding a place full of books he hasn't read yet, but can't due to lacking a head to read them with. Subsequently starts to wonder how he can even see in the first place.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: So to speak; he has a pocket dimension inside of his armor, and can hide as much as he wants inside of it. He uses it to save the denizens of all four Eltsacs.
Introduced in Kilometer 12. 87
Loquacious ZA fast-talking, long-winded musician who's mastered nearly every form and instrument of music out there. The one who inspired Yug Gib's musical dreams, he's also a turkey.Tropes associated with Loquacious Z:
Introduced in Worst Case Scenario
Eibwen NgisneThe new narrator and apparent protagonist introduced in "Worst Case Scenario". He is a junior agent of W.I.K.I. who finds himself utterly overextended when the authority over the entire organization falls on him.
- The Chains of Commanding: Fins them way too heavy.
- Field Promotion: Gets promoted from Lieutenant to WIKI Director by Neeuq.
- Nice Guy: Eibwen has been entirely unremarkable so far.
Neeuq EciA recruiter for the W.I.K.I. who self-promotes herself to HR Director in order to restore order to the organization.
- Bearer of Bad News: She is the one to bring news back to the New Trope City that Report and Ere are not coming back.
- Emotionless Girl
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Neeuq's sanity seems to have been profoundly shaken by her encounter with post-resurrection Dab. This is probably the reason he spared her.
- Jerkass: She will make you do what she thinks is necessary, regardless of your opinion.
- Stoic Spectacles
Introduced In Fourth Wall Mail Slot
TsidalbThe record-holder for the highest number of arcs written (and the person to blame for each and every one of them), and primary author of the Bronze Age. Ecshewing Deus ex Machina in favor of mile-long chains of Ass Pulls, Tsidalb makes his grand appearance to...answer questions.Tropes associated with Tsidalb:
- Ambiguously Brown
- Author Character Filibuster: As his introduction, no less.
- Berserk Button: Many of them, one of which happens to be dissing things he likes. Like Cross Edge.
- Tsidalb: "Just what was so "Guide Dang It" about the battle system?!"
SarevokA mysterious author who has been active since at least the Silver Age. Despite this, he had yet to actually appear on the comic's pages, but was convinced to finally make an appearance by Tsidalb (though on condition that his face not actually be shown). Report Nwonknu is said to have been his Author Avatar.Tropes associated with Sarevok:
Sseddog Si-Ouq Sutats a.k.a. "Status-ko"A new character introduced by Tsidalb partway through Fourth-Wall, apparently in response to the large number of questions asking why he only turns the males he introduces into mainstays. Preferring to go by "Status-ko" than her real name, she possesses the ability to control the "normal" state of the comic. Also, she looks like Judith.Tropes associated with Status-ko:
Introduced in Hostage Situation
Rebmob DamHailing from Dimension-992, "Reb" is the leader of I.T.O. (Intradimensional Thievery Organization), wanted for 194 counts of criminal activities intradimensionally. Prides himself on his never having been caught, but finds himself on the losing end of Iris' plan.Bears a striking resemblance to Dr. Dam. There may or may not be a reason for this.Tropes associated with Rebmob:
- Mad Bomber
- Action Bomb: Placed bombs inside every member of his organization and set each to a separate detonation frequency, and blows them up when they become "useless to him".
- Combat Pragmatist: Forces even Brynn to back off after threatening to detonate the building and kill all of the hostages.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Where he apparently keeps his many bombs.
Evitceted "Evi" TluccoFirst Lieutenant in the M.O.D.S. (Multidimensional Occult Detective Squad), ranked 1st Lieutenant. She was recently assigned to Planet Erth (specifically, New Trope City) to deal with the oddly large number of high-level disturbances that crop up with increasing frequencies. Initially very much formal and a real stickler for the rules, she finds an good friend in Brynn.Also, she's an alien.Tropes associated with Evi:
- Action Girl
- Alien Among Us: In addition to all of the crazy stuff that goes down in New Trope, Evi also has to deal with the many nuances of human culture.
- Also, due to having only had contact with females or non-gendered beings, she has next-to-no experience in dealing with males—or of the "physical" differences between the two...
- Big Damn Heroes: Her first appearance (literally) has her pointing her gun into the back of Rebmob's head and placing him under arrest.
- Casting a Shadow
- Dojikko: Outside of combat.
- The Gunslinger
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Subverted; unlike Retrope, Ere, and Gabe (who are capable of maintaining pinpoint accuracy even while doing insane acrobatics), Evi can't aim very well while in motion.
- Hidden Weapons: Uses her darkness magic to hide her ninja tools.
- Impossibly Cool Weapon: Her "Bloodwires" are retractable high-strength wires mounted on her wrists. The wires can be used to swing around Spiderman-style, and when energy is sent through them they become sharp enough to slice through an entire tank with little effort. She can also throw the wires in up to ten different directions at once with uncanny accuracy.
- Bifurcated Weapon: Can mount her daggers on the Bloodwires for increased awesome.
- Knife Nut
- Trick Dagger: Incendiary, high-explosive, glue bombs, varieties of poisons and toxins, trackers and tracers, and homing daggers to name a few.
- Ninja: It's apparently a tenet of her race.
- Our Aliens Are Different
- Space Police
- Weaksauce Weakness/Psychoactive Powers: Cannot use her powers or abilities when embarassed or flustered, which happens quite frequently.
Introduced in Time Travels of Catgirls
YadayerfA non-Sue (or so he claims) Author Avatar with lightning powers, he is a catboy-loli-ballerino with his own mythos. The author of the Time Travels of Catgirls arc is doing his darnedest not to make him a Sue, but YMMV.Tropes associated with Yadayerf:
- Author Avatar: Guess who the writer of Time Travels of Catgirls is.
- Berserk Button: Insulting his friends and living are not compatible goals.
- Catgirl: Gender Bent
- Tranquil Fury: The one time the guy snapped, he became calmer than usual, and spent the whole battle laughing. Even the Turned Up to Eleven Blood Knight was scared.
Kerrie and KurotsumeTwo partnered freelance (read: not sanctioned by the PPC) continuum defenders, accidentally dragged into the Time-Travel arc via a malfunctioning portal device. Now all they want is to get home, but they're discovering that won't be as easy as they'd hoped…
- Action Girl: Kerrie's favored weapon is a Katana, and boy do her enemies know it.
- Berserk Button: Normally, Kurotsume is rather mild-mannered. If you mess with anyone he cares about, however, don't have any plans for living longer.
- Catgirl: Kurotsume is a gender bent version, rescued from an Anime fic.
- Canon Foreigner: The both of them stumbled into the arc by accident. Yadayerf was not pleased.
- Flash Step: Kurotsume's favorite method of attack.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Briefly touched on - apparently Kerrie tinkered with the standard issue disguise generators enough to give them actual power upgrades.
- Meaningful Name: Kurotsume's name means "dark claw". Somewhere, a fanfic author is immensely pleased with herself.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Kerrie isn't short. Don't you forget it.
- Purple Eyes: Kurotsume has these.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Thanks to tinkered disguise generators, Kerrie and Kuro temporarily shift into more powerful demonic forms during one of the early subplots.
- Waif-Fu: Even disarmed, Kerrie managed to take down three Cat Girl mooks.
Introduced in Rose of the Starry Night
Cross ReeteksumLeader of the Etarip Hero Brigade Pirates, and all around jack-ass. Cross shows up to the W.I.K.I Captain Promotion Exam and proceeds to cause havoc, simply because he wants to. He declares himself "Lord of All Pirates". He's actually under the orders of Owt.Tropes associated with Cross:
- Authority Equals Asskicking: True to the umpteenth degree. Cross is the leader of his pirates not through leadership skills or monetary value, but by being able to kick the ass of any member of his crew with his eyes shut.
- Badass: Leader of a ludicrously large pirate band that includes both a fire-breathing golem and a machine-gun carrying ''T.rex?" Definitely a badass.
- Baddass Longcoat: A maroon-colored one that reaches his knees.
- BFS: His personal weapon, Cervantes is a six-foot tall blade with a shotgun incorporated into the crossguard that weighs 120 pounds.
- Blonde Guys Are Evil: He certainly won't be winning any peace prizes anytime soon. He outright declares himself evil the moment his morals are questioned.
- Chaotic Neutral: His in-universe alignment.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Through rigorous training, he is able to wield the 120 pound Cervantes with ease.
- Duel Boss: He chooses to battle Report this way during the White Raid. It leads to his death.
- Evilis Dumb: Not a genius, and gets by mostly by hacking away at whatever bothers him.
- Fatal Flaw: Greed. He's so greedy that he willingly sides with Owt, who promised to give him whatever he desires. He dreams of owning everything in the world one day, just to say it's his. His greed ends up getting him killed, as he was distracted during his fight with Report because his ships were being destroyed.
- Going Down Withthe Ship: In true pirate fashion. He dies aboard his personal ship, Avarice, when he is crushed by his own treasure and impaled with his own sword.
- Irony: He dies crushed beneath the very treasure he so greedily collected. For added irony, his ship is named Avarice.
- Killed Offfor Real: He is truly dead and, according to Owt, has no chance of revival unless someone goes down to the ocean depths to retrieve his probably crushed body.
- Light Is Not Good: His name is Cross, a holy symbol, he's blonde, and uses light based sword strikes. He is also a terrorist and generally despicable person.
- Red Right Hand: His right hand actually happens to be made iron. This allows him to punch through magical barriers.
- Screwthe Rules I Have Money: His personal belief. While he would never actually spend his money, he does make it very clear that he intends to own everything. If he owns everything, then he owns the rules too, so they have no application to him.
- Villainous Breakdown: Completely loses his mind during his fight against Report as he watches his ships burn around him. The face he makes during his manic rant could be classified as NightmareFuel.
Introduced in H.A.X
Blaze "Sun-Dog" Dog-nus
Introduced in New Powers as the Plot Demands
Wen Tolp Srewop
Introduced in E.N.D
Introduced in Dark Side of the Moon
Teller I. Lover
Age: 25Height: 6'1"
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: "Electric" BlueAn enigmatic swordsman working for R.E.T.C.O.N. He is the rival to Report during the war, and battles him a total of three times. He is aloof, but sarcastic and haughty. Also, he is a Retcon, born with the Anti-trope: Hot Sword.Track Record as of OREZ:
- Number of deadpan snarker moments: 200
- Number of badass finger snaps: 588
- Number of times Retcon ability used: 3
- Number of swords summoned: 16,162
- Number of people impaled with swords: 423.5
- Number of times questioned his purpose in life: 4
- Number of times hit on Ere: 3
- Anti-Villain: While certainly no hero, he doesn't actually seem to care much about the war, and is really looking for a good fight.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: He sneers at those he deems weaker than him, and often remarks how he is unbeatable in combat.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: He was originally assigned to Brakkus's squad. Instead, he beat down Brakkus (the Third Captain of R.E.T.C.O.N) and became captain of his own squad of one because of this.
- Badass: This guy could personally take on Gabe when both of his power limiters were off with little loss of breath, and could immediately fight Yug and Report simultaneously a few minutes later.
- Badass Boast: "Please, come on! Send the gods' army! They will all bleed!"
- Badass Finger Snap: Activates Blade Missile this way.
- Badass Longcoat: A black one with blue flame accents.
- Black Swordsare Better: Adam, his left sword, has a black blade with a white hilt.
- Blade Spam: Is a master of all types.
- Colony Drop: One of his Retcon: He is capable of dropping swords the size of freaking meteorites down onto his opponent.
- Cool Sword: Owns an armory of them. His personal swords, Adam and Eve, get the most screen time.
- Chaotic Neutral: Apparently his in-universe alignment.
- Deadpan Snarker: He gets bored quickly, and he lets people know it.
- Elemental Powers: While lacking in elemental abilities himself, some of his swords have elemental effects.
- Dual Wielding: His typical fighting style. He dual wields longswords in reverse grip.
- Enigmatic Minion: He works for the villains, but has his own personal agenda.
- Exotic Eye Design: When using his ultimate Retcon, Tyrant Blade Dance, his pupils look like X's made of miniature swords.
- Evilis Cool: He proves it.
- Female Gaze: He's a bishounen, it's true. He often loses his shirt in his battles against Report, so it earns a star.
- Fieldof Blades: His signature skill. His Anti-trope ability is Hot Sword, which allows him to generate a battlefield of swords. The types of swords are limited only by his imagination.
- Foil: To Report. Whereas Report trained for his troper skills, Teller was injected with an artificial version. Report utilizes one sword with many forms, while Teller uses multiple swords with one form apiece. Lastly, Teller is pragmatic and holds friendship in low regard, whereas
- Hyperspace Arsenal: He keeps all of his swords in a pocket dimension called "Propugnaculis".
- Instant Chucks: One of his various swords is actually two swords chained together.
- Interesting Situation Duel: His last battle with Report[[spoiler: takes place in a pocket
- Irony: Is defeated by getting impaled by a sword he never had in his collection, despite claiming to own every sword ever made
- Katanasare Just Better: Summons a katana (named Youkaitsurugi) in order to battle Report when the latter uses Wit.
- Meaningful Name: Adam and Eve, his twin swords, are named after the first people on Earth. According to his backstory, these swords where the first he added to his collection.
- Also, his pocket dimension, Propugnaculis, is Latin for "Armory".
- Might Makes Right: His philosophy in life. He believes that if violence hasn't solved your problems, you haven't used enough of it.
- Personof Mass Destruction: Owns a few exploding swords, and his ultimate weapon, Nostradamus, can implode the planet.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: Adam and Eve, when wielded together, give this effect.
Introduced in the FORUM
Admin I. Strator
- Cool Sword: She carries two: A katana that sends out blue waves of energy and a rapier.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Matching blue hair and eyes.
- Lady of War: She's refined, elegant, and the third strongest fighter in Forum.
- Royal Rapier: Her primary weapon. It generates blue rose petals when swung.
- The Smurfette Principle: The only female member of Forum.
- Tsundere: Surprisingly enough, she seems this way around Troll.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is blue.