Characters: TRON: Evolution
Characters present in the tie-in prequel video game to TRON: Legacy, TRON: Evolution. Characters also present in the film will have their tropes from only the game listed here, instead of those in the film. For those, the film page can be found here.
AnonThe Player Character, Anon is a System Monitor who was created to stop the Basic-ISO conflicts.
- Badass: As the only defense against Abraxas, he would have to be.
- Deadly Disc: His only weapon, though it has several variants.
- Heavy Disc: His basic disc, this allows for hard hits, but not much else.
- Bomb Disc: This allows for explosions on impact, knocking enemies aside or derezzing Light Tanks.
- Stasis Disc: This allows Anon to slow down targets.
- Corruption Disc: This allows Anon to siphon health from enemies.
- Mag Disc: A gift from Quorra, this allows him to grapple across certain points.
- Eleventh Hour Superpower: Kevin Flynn super-upgrades Anon prior to the seventh and final chapter, turning his circuitry white and making him powerful enough to try a one-program assault on the Rectifier.
- Everyone Calls Him The System Monitor
- The Faceless: His helmet never retracts.
- Featureless Protagonist: Aside from being male, we don't know much about him.
- The Hero Dies
- Hero of Another Story: In TRON: Legacy, Quorra mentions that a "sympathetic program" helped her to escape the Purge before she was found by Flynn. Anon is that program and this is that "other story".
- Heroic Sacrifice: Throws Quorra off of the broken Recognizer in the finale, being crushed and killed under it instead.
- Heroic Mime
- Meaningful Name: He's meant to be "Anonymous" so that players can identify with him and put themselves in his place better.
- One Program Army: Anon is always outnumbered by CLU's forces and the Infected Programs but never stops tearing through them. He's even more this after Flynn upgrades his disk for the final attack on CLU's command ship.
- The Voiceless
- Voiced By: Kari Wahlgren
- Expy" Some of her design seems to be borrowed from Ma3a
- The High Queen
- Killed Off for Real: By Abraxas.
- Nice Hat/Cool Crown: Skirts the line.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: She gives both Quorra and Anon advice about how to stop CLU when they give evidence of his treachery.
- Voiced By: Jensen Ackles
- Badass: He's an expert Baton combatant.
- Boss Banter
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dying as Yourself: He even thanks Anon before derezzing.
- Face Monster Turn
- Fighting from the Inside: He's not particularly good at it, but he does manage to beg Anon to kill him when Infected, which is more than many others can say.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Crashes his light cycle into Anon's to get him away from Abraxas and take the fall for him.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: When infected.
- In the Hood
- Mercy Kill
- Mr. Fanservice: Until his infection.
- No Shirt, Long Jacket
Abraxas a.k.a. Jalen
- Voiced By: John Glover
- Actually, I Am Him: Wordlessly. Radia was shocked to see his identity as Jalen before he killed her.
- Badass: Well, Jalen was the first ISO Game champion.
- Badass Longcoat
- Big Bad: Subverted. He was advertized as such, but Clu's (once again) the guy that's ultimately responsible.
- Big Damn Villains: His assault on CLU's carrier provides the cover necessary for Anon to rescue Quorra.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: What his virus does, turning circuits yellow on program suits and making them into pseudo-zombies. Also what happened to he himself, due to CLU 2.0.
- Darth Vader Clone
- Deadly Disc: Like many, he has his own Identity Disc, unique among the infected in that he uses one.
- Expy: His character design looks a lot like "Master User" Thorne of Tron 2.0, and they serve the exact same plot function; a living virus that seeks to corrupt and destroy everything in his path and who is just an Unwitting Pawn to the truly diobolical masterminds behind it all.
- Face Monster Turn: His backstory.
- Final Boss
- Hero Killer
- Hoist by His Own Petard: CLU's own creation returns to take revenge for his torment, destroying CLU's command carrier. CLU, himself, escapes, but Abraxas's intervention create the opportunity for Anon to rescue Quorra, and provides cover for his eventual death.
- Implacable Man / The Juggernaut: Illustrated when an entire level is dedicated to running away from this guy.
- In the Hood
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Named for a supernatural entity of great power.
- Rogue Protagonist: Supplementary material confirms that Jalen is the player character of TRON: Evolution: Battle Grids. That said, going rogue was not his idea.
- Skilled, but Na´ve: Jalen was noted to have been a brilliant architect and engineer within the System, having designed and built Arjia City himself, and was skilled enough in the Games to win a championship tournament. His naive trust of Clu and his offer of a "disc upgrade", however, results in horrific consequences for himself, his people, and the Grid in general.
- Touch of Death
- Tragic Villain: He's not initially evil (if you listen to Jalen's voice diary clips in the collectible Abraxas Shard extras he was apparently rather sweet). He's just driven to insanity by CLU's manipulation.
- The Slow Walk: He never runs in the entire game, chasing you across the place like Jason. It works.
- Unflinching Walk: Quite frequently. In particular there's his opening scene, where he kills three defense programs without breaking stride.
- Smug Snake: A very competent one.
- The Virus
- Walking Wasteland
- Voiced By: Nolan North
- Bald of Evil: Though he's probably not evil, he does give off the impression.
- Death from Above: By Recognizer.
- Giant Mook
- Irony: "This is gonna hurt. A lot." Cue Recognizer death.
- Voiced By: Olivia Wilde
- Action Girl
- Faux Action Girl: she hasn't developed fighting ability quite yet, and spends more time in trouble than helping
- Distressed Damsel: Captured by CLU 2.0 in Chapter 7.
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: Her Mag Disc, which she also gives to Anon.
- Living MacGuffin: By the end of the game, Kevin sends Anon back not only to stop the virus, but to save her.
- Voiced By: James Frain
- Voiced By: Bruce Boxleitner
- Voiced By: Fred Tatasciore
- Big Good
- Physical God: Of the Grid.
- The Maker
- Super Empowering: Upgrades Anon's disc before the last mission.
- Totally Radical
- Voiced By: Fred Tatasciore
- Big Bad: Everything traces straight back to him, including the Abraxas Virus.
- Evil Chancellor: To Kevin.
- The Corrupter: To the Sentries, Black Guards and Abraxas for those shown in the game.
- Evil Twin: To Kevin.
- Fantastic Racism: Of ISO programs, leading to the Purge.
- The Perfectionist
- The Starscream
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.