Characters: Sweet Reverie Pretty Cure
This is the character sheet for the fanfic Sweet Reverie Pretty Cure. The hypothetical casting by the author is just for fun.
open/close all folders
Piper Tyson / Cure Ifrit | Voiced by: Minami Takayama
- Ambiguously Brown
- Berserk Button: She is not an elementary school boy!
- Boyish Short Hair: Explained as the result of an ill-fated do-it-yourself haircut. She decides to keep the style (albeit done a bit more neatly) after deciding it does work for her.
- Butt Monkey
- Class Clown
- Dark-Skinned Redhead
- Declaration of Protection: Promised to always be Estelle's knight, back when the two were kids. Piper has held herself to this promise to this day and refuses to go back on it, even if Estelle's behavior discourages her sometimes.
- Disappeared Dad: He left the family to be with another woman a few years ago. Piper didn't take it very well, and her mother, Cayenne took it even harder, to the point of distancing herself from Piper, who strongly favors her father in appearance and personality.
- The Ditz: Has shades of this. If nothing else, she's more prone to Comically Missing the Point than the other characters due to social ignorance/lack of book knowledge.
- Genki Girl
- The Heroine
- Jumped at the Call: Namely because being a Cure seems to be the first thing she's genuinely good at.
- Lady Looks Like a Little Boy
- Lethal Chef: She can cook but tends to include lethal amounts of spices in her food, to the point that only she can eat it safely. When she's encouraged to leave the spices out, her cooking actually isn't that bad.
- Playing with Fire
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: She and Estelle were on the verge of becoming a couple before the latter pulled her Face-Heel Turn.
- Shonen Hair: A female example when transformed.
Tierra Aarden / Cure Taurus | Voiced by: Megumi Nakajima
- Absent-Minded Professor: An in-training version.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Barrier Warrior
- Berserk Button: Don't ever mistreat books in Quince's presence.
- Cool Big Sis: Ends up playing this role towards Flora most of the time.
- Cute Bookworm
- Dishing Out Dirt
- Deflector Shields: Her second spell, "Pretty Cure Earthen Wall".
- Forgets to Eat: Whenever she's particularly engrossed in something, usually her reading.
- Big Eater: As a direct result of the former trope.
- Has Two Mommies: Well, two grandmothers, but close enough.
- Hot Librarian: Phillip saw her as one (and still does, as revealed later on). A few other students share his assessment of Tierra.
- Ox Horns: Fittingly sports these when transformed.
- Quirky Curls: Has the "nerdy-girl frizz" version.
- Parental Abandonment: They were killed in a house fire when Tierra was in elementary school.
- Raised by Grandparents: She was taken in by her maternal grandmother and her wife after her parents died.
- The Smart Girl
- "Well Done, Granddaughter" Girl: Quince already has her grandmothers' approval and knows it but sometimes worries that she'll lose it if she doesn't live up to the high standards she sets for herself, leading to this. She's also a "Well Done, Daughter!" Girl for Morgenstern, who she sees as a surrogate father.
- Why Did it Have to Be Fire?
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
Maris Richelieu / Cure Siren | Voiced by: Konami Yoshida
- Alpha Bitch: She eventually becomes more of an a Lovable Alpha Bitch.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Has quite a few moments of total daffiness, although she's not quite as bad as Christian is.
- Enthralling Siren: The comparison comes up once or twice when she's singing.
- Expy: Deliberately given several traits in common with Umi Ryuuzaki. She's even supposed to sound a lot like her.
- Hime Cut
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Maris never completely stops being a spoiled little princess, but she proves to be a lot nicer than she initially seems.
- It's All About Me: She claims this, anyway... at first.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: The reason she originally tries forcing her classmates to like her - her parents ignore her, and she's pretty sure Ennis is only nice to her because she has to be, so Maris tries to get love from her fellow students.
- Lady of War
- The Lancer
- Making a Splash
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Punctuates many of her Large Ham moments with this.
- The Ojou: Of the Royal Brat variety.
- Parental Neglect: Her parents are happy to ignore her, tossing gifts and money her way whenever she gets too noisy.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: As Cure Siren.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Rich Bitch: Exhibits this trait early in the series, drops it later on.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Exhibits this mindset before her character development kicks in, and even after than on occasion.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Zettai Ryouiki: With her school uniform.
Ennis Ironside / Cure Griffon | Voiced by: Yuka Iguchi
- Amnesiac Heroine: And Amnesiac Dissonance kicks in big time after she remembers who she really is.
- Battle Butler
- The Big Girl
- Bifauxnen: Emphasized by her usual style of attire.
- Creepy Good: Many of Ennis' classmates are creeped out by her perpetual stoicism and obedience and frequently compare her to a robot. In reality, she's usually pretty benign.
- Dark Magical Girl: A heroic example.
- Deadpan Snarker: Every now and again, especially when Piper is involved.
- Extra Ore Dinary
- Extreme Doormat: Acts like one towards Maris at first. She isn't the first person Ennis has been a doormat for either.
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: The most blatant example of the team, going from a short bob haircut to Rapunzel Hair when transformed.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: As Cure Griffon.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Has romantic feelings for Maris. It's painfully one-sided, though, or so Ennis believes.
- The Stoic: Most of the time. When she is emotional, she seems like a completely different person.
- Waistcoat of Style: With her casual outfits.
- Younger Than They Look: She's fifteen but is sometimes assumed to be older due to her appearance and way of carrying herself.
- Youthful Freckles
Flora Meadows / Cure Dryad | Voiced by: Chiaki Omigawa
- Animal Motifs: Closely associated with rabbits
- The Chick
- Childhood Friends: With Johan.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: She's actually a very low-ranking royal from the Reverie Kingdom, but Piper insists that she's its princess solely because of this trope.
- Friend to All Living Things: She has a greater affinity for animals than the rest of the cast put together.
- Girlish Pigtails: They look an awful lot like rabbit ears, moreso when she's transformed.
- Green Thumb
- Petal Power: In her second and third spells.
- Hair Decorations: Her hair ribbons, with their attached bells. Johan made them for her as a birthday gift.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Possesses a compassionate and gentle nature to go with her blond hair.
- The Heart: Especially played up during the latter half of the series.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Plucky Girl: Despite her fragile personality, she's ultimately one of these.
- Shrinking Violet
- Silk Hiding Steel: Usually timid and unassuming, but she can be very strong-willed when the moment calls for it. She even made the decision to unseal the Legend Spirits and awaken Pretty Cure completely on her own, even if it didn't quite work out as planned.
- Tender Tears: Very prone to these, especially when she's empathizing with other people.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Pulls this off with thigh-length boots as Cure Dryad.
Ignis | Voiced by: Daisuke Kishio
- Canis Major: While he's referred to as an ifrit, he looks like a big flame-furred dog. This is because one piece of Egyptian folklore about ifrits mentions them taking on the form of dogs to deceive travelers.
- Dogs Are Dumb: Or at least prone to acting before thinking.
- Precious Puppies: Looks and acts more like one while in Sleep Mode Size.
Solo | Voiced by: Takehito Koyasu
- A Load of Bull: Well, a minotaur, but close enough.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: Even when in his usual size, which is pretty small.
- The Quiet One: He and Tierra don't chat very often, but they still understand each other well.
Aqua | Voiced by: Kumi Sakuma
- Cute Monster Girl: In her true form.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: For one, they look more like seals most of the time. This is inspired by stories about selkies, which are related to mermaids but aren't the same thing.
- Rapunzel Hair: In her true form.
- Sugar And Ice Girl: Usually quite cold and haughty, but when she wants to be nice, she's nice.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Or blue fur, depending.
Aurum | Voiced by: Ai Nonaka
- Cute Kitten: Well, not exactly, but she acts like one in Sleep Mode Size.
- Genki Griffon
- Our Gryphons Are Different
Viror | Voiced by: Kazue Ikura
- Bambification: Played very straight with her Sleep Mode Size form, an adorable, plant-based fawn.
- Cute Monster Girl: In her true form, which is also the smallest and youngest-looking of the Legend Spirits.
- Fertile Feet: How the Cures track her down in the first place.
- Shrinking Violet: Might be worse about this than her partner. Justified - dryads are normally considered to be very shy and flighty creatures.
- Token Mini-Moe: Among the Legend Spirits. Her true form looks about eight at most, and her Sleep Mode Size is obviously younger-looking.
Professor Jude Morgenstern | Voiced by: Kenta Miyake
- Badass Beard
- Badass Teacher
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: To the point of being mistaken for a walking corpse on one of his worse days.
- Helping Would Be Killstealing: While he's quite the fighter himself, he only jumps in to help the Cures when he absolutely has to, knowing that they'll start relying on him instead of improving if he doesn't hold back. That's part of the reason, anyway...
- Hero of Another Story: He and a few other people fought against Princess Vide some time ago, and he may have faced her before that.
- Kung-Fu Wizard
- The Mentor
- Papa Wolf: The few times he's gone into battle, it's usually set off by this.
- Team Dad
Christian Leroux | Voiced by: Kenichi Suzumura
- Bishōnen: Numerous characters take note of how ridiculously pretty he is.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: He's mistaken for Piper's older sister a couple of times.
- Fiery Redhead
- Hair Decorations: He has a set of hairclips for every day of the year.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- One of the Kids: You'd be forgiven for forgetting that he's twenty-two, considering how often he acts like a young teenager around the Cures.
Eternal Dream Union
Princess Vide | Voiced by: Megumi Takamoto
- Benevolent Boss: She rations that if she's not one, the Dream Knights and Melody will start hating her and leave, which absolutely terrifies her.
- Big Bad
- Came Back Strong: She's done this several times already, according to Morgenstern.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Or not, in this case.
- Fairy Tale Motifs: While she's not directly associated with any fairy tales, she parallels The Snow Queen a few times. And of course, she seems fond of these herself.
- Power Incontinence: She turn anyone she makes physical contact for more than a few seconds with into a crystal statue... and can't turn this ability off. Melody, being nonliving, is immune to this power, as is Pretty Cure.
- Prophet Eyes: Has the supernatural type.
- Requisite Royal Regalia
- Staff of Authority
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: She wants to "save" everyone from the painful side of existence by transforming all of them into crystal statues who will repeat the same dream for all eternity. She doesn't understand why anyone would be unhappy with this arrangement.
- Woman Child: Reasons through a lot of things like someone much younger would and has a childlike fear of being left alone for too long.
Melody | Voiced by: Aoi Yuki
- Blush Sticker
- Cannot Dream: Incapable of dreaming due to her mechanical nature, meaning that she'll never be able to share in the "paradise" that Vida plans on creating. This fact is not lost on her.
- Creepy Cheerful Child: Looks and usually acts like a cute and lovable six-year-old girl, but most people can tell that there's something... off about her.
- Cute and Psycho: And they'd be correct - she is cute and genuinely loving (at least towards Vida), but she's also violent and extraordinarily cruel to the people she's designated as enemies.
- Deliberately Cute Child: Whenever she's trying to manipulate someone.
- The Dragon
- Enfante Terrible
- Fairy Tale Motifs: Inspired by "The Nightingale" - more specifically, she symbolizes the mechanical bird in the story, made to replace the eponymous nightingale. No word on what happened to whoever represented the actual nightingale.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Like many children, Melody really does just want love and attention from her "parent" figure - Vide - more than anything else. She just has a really messed-up way of getting it.
- Just a Kid: Few people take her seriously at first glance because of her young appearance. While she's willing to exploit this, it sometimes causes her frustration, especially since it prevents the Dream Knights from treating her as an authority.
- Little Miss Badass: Cute little girl curb-stomped Pretty Cure all by herself in her first appearance.
- Most Wonderful Sound: Her singing is this in-universe, at least for Vide.
- Not Growing Up Sucks: Another reason she's grown to dislike being a robot - being stuck looking like a child for all eternity has its drawbacks.
- Older Than They Look: Due to being a robot that can't age.
- Pinocchio Syndrome: She's picked up a bit of this over the years, and having the new Dream Knights around makes it worse for her.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: They're seen glowing when she's about to get really serious.
- Ridiculously Human Robot Girl: To the point where even Vide forgets she's not human once in a while.
- Shock and Awe
- Slasher Smile: Sports one when particularly riled up.
Johan Frost / Sir Glace | Voiced by: Megumi Ogata
- Accentuate the Negative: An in-universe example. Getting magic shards in his eyes and heart made it impossible for him to see the beauty in anything, with the exception of Vide. He even calls his former best friend Flora "too hideous to look at".
- An Ice Person
- Childhood Friends: With Flora.
- Edible Theme Naming: Like the rest of his family, he's named for a type of French pastry.
- Evil Redhead
- Fairy Tale Motifs: Inspired by "The Snow Queen". He's pretty much Kai, with Flora filling in for Gerda and Vide acting as the Snow Queen.
- Icy Blue Eyes.
- Insufferable Genius: Was like this even before turning heeel.
- Youthful Freckles
Estelle Beaumont / Dame Rouge | Voiced by: Nanae Katou
- Blow You Away
- Broken Bird: And Piper didn't realize just how broken Estelle really was until the latter pulled her Face-Heel Turn.
- Childhood Friends: She and Piper were this. In fact, Piper was the only close friend Estelle had, due to her father pushing her to focus on ballet lessons instead of socialize.
- Dance Battler
- Education Papa: Her father was like this with dance instead of academics (although he pushed that too), preventing his daughter from having much in the way of a social life and making her devote most of her time to becoming the ballet star he was never able to be. This did a number on Estelle's self-worth, especially after she lost her ability to dance, and had a factor in her Face-Heel Turn.
- Fairy Tale Motifs: Inspired by "The Red Shoes". Naturally, she sports a pair most of the time.
- Girly Girl to Piper's Tomboy
- Prim and Proper Bun: It's only natural, being a ballerina and all.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: She and Piper were on the verge of becoming a couple before Estelle pulled her Face-Heel Turn.
- Stepford Smiler: She was this for some time after her accident, finally snapping and giving into despair after Vide contacts her.
- Sugar And Ice Girl: Piper describes Estelle as having been this way since childhood. After joining the Dream Knights she's all ice and little sugar, but her sweet side starts to gradually surface again as Piper gets through to her.
- "Well Done, Daughter!" Girl: Had this kind of complex when it came to her father, who pushed her to become the ballet star he never could. When she lost her ability to dance after an accident, her self-esteem took a nosedive.
Phillip de Witte / Sir Cygnus | Voiced by: Ryohei Kimura
- Ambiguously Brown
- Animal Motifs: Strongly associated with swans.
- Bishōnen: Was transformed into one after joining Vida.
- Fairy Tale Motifs: Inspired by "The Ugly Duckling", natch.
- The Fighting Narcissist: Ends up quickly turning into one of these after turning heel.
- Hollywood Homely: Invoked, pre Face-Heel Turn. He was gangly and awkward, but not ugly and even "cute in a nerdy sort of way", according to Tierra. Phillip thinks he was hideous, though.
- I Just Want to Be Beautiful: Was this before becoming a Dream Knight, due to being bullied for his appearance. Even then, he still isn't completely happy, especially since the other half of his wish was...
- I Just Want to Be Loved: He felt ignored by his adoptive parents and was bullied by his siblings for his appearance and awkwardness. He thought becoming a graceful and beautiful knight in the service of someone who said she needed him would make everything better. Turns out, it really didn't.
- Light 'em Up
- Nerd Glasses: Wore these while he was still a normal student. His eyesight gets corrected after he joins Vide, and the first thing he does upon leaving to be with her is crush said glasses under his foot.
- Nice Guy: Formerly. After turning heel, he becomes a self-absorbed jerk.
- Secret Admirer: Was one for Tierra when they worked as librarians together. He retains his crush on her after turning heel, just in a more twisted sense.
- White Hair, Black Heart
Mina Merlo / Dame Noir | Voiced by: Yumi Touma
- Ambiguously Brown
- Brainy Brunette
- Break the Cutie: Starts out as a generous idealist, ends up as a depressed, insecure wreck, partially due to Pleasance's antics, partially due to her family's mounting financial troubles.
- Casting a Shadow
- Face-Heel Turn
- Fairy Tale Motifs: Inspired by "The Shadow", with Mina playing the learned man and Pleasance playing the eponymous shadow.
- Girl Posse: At first...
- Important Haircut: After Pleasance starts growing out her hair to match hers, Mina tries to re-assert her own identity by cutting her formerly-long hair into a bob... the same style that Pleasance was wearing when they first met.
- In-Series Nickname: Piper sometimes addresses her as "Merle".
- Nice Girl: Unlike Maris and Marion, Mina is a kind person from the beginning and refuses to use her status to lord over people. Unfortunately, her utter niceness makes her very easy for Praline to take advantage of.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: She invited Pleasance into Maris' clique out of sympathy and is nothing but nice to the girl... who proceeds to take everything away from her and eventually get her kicked out of the clique.
- Sixth Ranger: For the villains.
- Tomboy to Marion's Girly Girl
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: She's an altruist who wants to write beautiful, inspiring things and believes that people are inherently good at heart. Pleasance mocks her for this quite a bit, and Mina throws away her idealism before turning heel.
Marion de Witte | Voiced by: Eri Kitamura
- Dark-Skinned Redhead
- Girl Posse
- Girly Girl to Mina's Tomboy
- Little Sister Bully: She took part in bullying and ostracizing Phillip, seeing him as an embarrassment to the family name. Even after his Face-Heel Turn, she's not at all sorry... until later on.
- Professional Butt-Kisser: Her loyalties aren't particularly strong, and she prefers sucking up to whoever seems more powerful at the moment.
- Regal Ringlets
- Rich Bitch: And unlike Maris, she holds onto this character trait for a good portion of the series.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Or condiment - Marion really likes butter.
Pleasance Devlin | Voiced by: Rumi Shishido
- Acquired Situational Narcissism: The praise and adoration she gets after she's accepted into Maris' clique ends up seriously going to her head.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Due to her self-esteem being in the gutter.
- Blondes Are Evil: Or at least insecure and prone to less-than-wholesome actions.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde
- Girl Posse
- Green-Eyed Monster: Part of the reason she treats Mina the way she does.
- I Just Want to Be You: Slavishly copies Mina's appearance and mannerisms, gradually reshaping herself into a "better" copy of the girl she's in love with before attempting to replace her completely.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: Unlike Mina, she has them on from the beginning. The fact that Mina only wants to see the beauty in the "cruel world" they live in and would treat someone as "worthless" as her so nicely drives her absolutely nuts.
- Meganekko: Invoked - she used to wear contacts but starts wearing glasses just like Mina does after transferring into Sacred Heart.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: She's in love with Mina and even says as much. She just has a very messed-up way of showing it.
- Shadow Archetype: To Mina.
- Shrinking Violet: Starts as this. It doesn't last.
Sanford Leroux | Voiced by: Mayumi Tanaka
- Adorably Precocious Child
- Identical Stranger: He looks exactly like Piper, with the only distinguishing features being his glasses and a slightly different hair color.
- In-Series Nickname: Often referred to as "Sandy".
- Little Mister Snarker
- Responsible Sibling to Campari's Foolish.
- Smart People Wear Glasses
Adelle Favager | Voiced by: Kaya Masutani
- Aloof Big Sister: Neglected her little sister, Quinn, after she became a Dream Knight. This cost her dearly.
- Brainy Brunette
- Dark Magical Girl: A former one who still isn't completely over her experiences.
- Handicapped Badass: Was born was a deformed leg and walks with a limp, even while wearing her leg brace, but she can still defend herself quite well.
- Masculine Girl to Christian's Feminine Boy
- Reclusive Artist: Starts out as a borderline example.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.