Characters: Sweet Reverie Pretty Cure
This is the character sheet for the fanfic Sweet Reverie Pretty Cure
. The hypothetical casting by the author is just for fun.
open/close all folders
Piper Tyson / Cure Ifrit | Voiced by: Minami Takayama
- Ambiguously Brown
- Berserk Button: She is not an elementary school boy!
- Boyish Short Hair: Explained as the result of an ill-fated do-it-yourself haircut. She decides to keep the style (albeit done a bit more neatly) after deciding it does work for her.
- Butt Monkey
- Class Clown
- Dark-Skinned Redhead
- Declaration of Protection: Promised to always be Estelle's knight, back when the two were kids. Piper has held herself to this promise to this day and refuses to go back on it, even if Estelle's behavior discourages her sometimes.
- Disappeared Dad: He left the family to be with another woman a few years ago. Piper didn't take it very well, and her mother, Cayenne took it even harder, to the point of distancing herself from Piper, who strongly favors her father in appearance and personality.
- The Ditz: Has shades of this. If nothing else, she's more prone to Comically Missing the Point than the other characters due to social ignorance/lack of book knowledge.
- Genki Girl
- The Heroine
- Jumped at the Call: Namely because being a Cure seems to be the first thing she's genuinely good at.
- Lady Looks Like a Little Boy
- Lethal Chef: She can cook but tends to include lethal amounts of spices in her food, to the point that only she can eat it safely. When she's encouraged to leave the spices out, her cooking actually isn't that bad.
- Playing with Fire
- Healing Shiv: Her second spell, "Pretty Cure Holy Flame" creates magic fire that can heal most kinds of wounds.
- Technicolor Fire: Hers is pink.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: She and Estelle were on the verge of becoming a couple before the latter pulled her Face-Heel Turn.
- Shonen Hair: A female example when transformed.
Tierra Aarden / Cure Taurus | Voiced by: Megumi Nakajima
Maris Richelieu / Cure Siren | Voiced by: Konami Yoshida
Ennis Ironside / Cure Griffon | Voiced by: Yuka Iguchi
Flora Meadows / Cure Dryad | Voiced by: Chiaki Omigawa
Ignis | Voiced by: Daisuke Kishio
- Canis Major: While he's referred to as an ifrit, he looks like a big flame-furred dog. This is because one piece of Egyptian folklore about ifrits mentions them taking on the form of dogs to deceive travelers.
- Dogs Are Dumb: Or at least prone to acting before thinking.
- Precious Puppies: Looks and acts more like one while in Sleep Mode Size.
Solo | Voiced by: Takehito Koyasu
Aqua | Voiced by: Kumi Sakuma
Aurum | Voiced by: Ai Nonaka
Viror | Voiced by: Kazue Ikura
- Bambification: Played very straight with her Sleep Mode Size form, an adorable, plant-based fawn.
- Cute Monster Girl: In her true form, which is also the smallest and youngest-looking of the Legend Spirits.
- Fertile Feet: How the Cures track her down in the first place.
- Shrinking Violet: Might be worse about this than her partner. Justified - dryads are normally considered to be very shy and flighty creatures.
- Token Mini-Moe: Among the Legend Spirits. Her true form looks about eight at most, and her Sleep Mode Size is obviously younger-looking.
Professor Jude Morgenstern | Voiced by: Kenta Miyake
Christian Leroux | Voiced by: Kenichi Suzumura
Eternal Dream Union
Princess Vide | Voiced by: Megumi Takamoto
- Benevolent Boss: She rations that if she's not one, the Dream Knights and Melody will start hating her and leave, which absolutely terrifies her.
- Big Bad
- Came Back Strong: She's done this several times already, according to Morgenstern.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Or not, in this case.
- Fairy Tale Motifs: While she's not directly associated with any fairy tales, she parallels The Snow Queen a few times. And of course, she seems fond of these herself.
- Power Incontinence: She turn anyone she makes physical contact for more than a few seconds with into a crystal statue... and can't turn this ability off. Melody, being nonliving, is immune to this power, as is Pretty Cure.
- Prophet Eyes: Has the supernatural type.
- Requisite Royal Regalia
- Staff of Authority
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: She wants to "save" everyone from the painful side of existence by transforming all of them into crystal statues who will repeat the same dream for all eternity. She doesn't understand why anyone would be unhappy with this arrangement.
- Woman Child: Reasons through a lot of things like someone much younger would and has a childlike fear of being left alone for too long.
Melody | Voiced by: Aoi Yuki
- Blush Sticker
- Cannot Dream: Incapable of dreaming due to her mechanical nature, meaning that she'll never be able to share in the "paradise" that Vida plans on creating. This fact is not lost on her.
- Creepy Cheerful Child: Looks and usually acts like a cute and lovable six-year-old girl, but most people can tell that there's something... off about her.
- Cute and Psycho: And they'd be correct - she is cute and genuinely loving (at least towards Vida), but she's also violent and extraordinarily cruel to the people she's designated as enemies.
- Deliberately Cute Child: Whenever she's trying to manipulate someone.
- The Dragon
- Enfante Terrible
- Fairy Tale Motifs: Inspired by "The Nightingale" - more specifically, she symbolizes the mechanical bird in the story, made to replace the eponymous nightingale. No word on what happened to whoever represented the actual nightingale.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Like many children, Melody really does just want love and attention from her "parent" figure - Vide - more than anything else. She just has a really messed-up way of getting it.
- Just a Kid: Few people take her seriously at first glance because of her young appearance. While she's willing to exploit this, it sometimes causes her frustration, especially since it prevents the Dream Knights from treating her as an authority.
- Little Miss Badass: Cute little girl curb-stomped Pretty Cure all by herself in her first appearance.
- Most Wonderful Sound: Her singing is this in-universe, at least for Vide.
- Not Growing Up Sucks: Another reason she's grown to dislike being a robot - being stuck looking like a child for all eternity has its drawbacks.
- Older Than They Look: Due to being a robot that can't age.
- Pinocchio Syndrome: She's picked up a bit of this over the years, and having the new Dream Knights around makes it worse for her.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: They're seen glowing when she's about to get really serious.
- Ridiculously Human Robot Girl: To the point where even Vide forgets she's not human once in a while.
- Shock and Awe
- Slasher Smile: Sports one when particularly riled up.
Johan Frost / Sir Glace | Voiced by: Megumi Ogata
Estelle Beaumont / Dame Rouge | Voiced by: Nanae Katou
- Blow You Away
- Broken Bird: And Piper didn't realize just how broken Estelle really was until the latter pulled her Face-Heel Turn.
- Childhood Friends: She and Piper were this. In fact, Piper was the only close friend Estelle had, due to her father pushing her to focus on ballet lessons instead of socialize.
- Dance Battler
- Education Papa: Her father was like this with dance instead of academics (although he pushed that too), preventing his daughter from having much in the way of a social life and making her devote most of her time to becoming the ballet star he was never able to be. This did a number on Estelle's self-worth, especially after she lost her ability to dance, and had a factor in her Face-Heel Turn.
- Fairy Tale Motifs: Inspired by "The Red Shoes". Naturally, she sports a pair most of the time.
- Girly Girl to Piper's Tomboy
- Prim and Proper Bun: It's only natural, being a ballerina and all.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: She and Piper were on the verge of becoming a couple before Estelle pulled her Face-Heel Turn.
- Stepford Smiler: She was this for some time after her accident, finally snapping and giving into despair after Vide contacts her.
- Sugar And Ice Girl: Piper describes Estelle as having been this way since childhood. After joining the Dream Knights she's all ice and little sugar, but her sweet side starts to gradually surface again as Piper gets through to her.
- "Well Done, Daughter!" Girl: Had this kind of complex when it came to her father, who pushed her to become the ballet star he never could. When she lost her ability to dance after an accident, her self-esteem took a nosedive.
Phillip de Witte / Sir Cygnus | Voiced by: Ryohei Kimura
- Ambiguously Brown
- Animal Motifs: Strongly associated with swans.
- Bishōnen: Was transformed into one after joining Vida.
- Fairy Tale Motifs: Inspired by "The Ugly Duckling", natch.
- The Fighting Narcissist: Ends up quickly turning into one of these after turning heel.
- Hollywood Homely: Invoked, pre Face-Heel Turn. He was gangly and awkward, but not ugly and even "cute in a nerdy sort of way", according to Tierra. Phillip thinks he was hideous, though.
- I Just Want to Be Beautiful: Was this before becoming a Dream Knight, due to being bullied for his appearance. Even then, he still isn't completely happy, especially since the other half of his wish was...
- I Just Want to Be Loved: He felt ignored by his adoptive parents and was bullied by his siblings for his appearance and awkwardness. He thought becoming a graceful and beautiful knight in the service of someone who said she needed him would make everything better. Turns out, it really didn't.
- Light 'em Up
- Nerd Glasses: Wore these while he was still a normal student. His eyesight gets corrected after he joins Vide, and the first thing he does upon leaving to be with her is crush said glasses under his foot.
- Nice Guy: Formerly. After turning heel, he becomes a self-absorbed jerk.
- Secret Admirer: Was one for Tierra when they worked as librarians together. He retains his crush on her after turning heel, just in a more twisted sense.
- White Hair, Black Heart
Mina Merlo / Dame Noir | Voiced by: Yumi Touma
- Ambiguously Brown
- Brainy Brunette
- Break the Cutie: Starts out as a generous idealist, ends up as a depressed, insecure wreck, partially due to Pleasance's antics, partially due to her family's mounting financial troubles.
- Casting a Shadow
- Face-Heel Turn
- Fairy Tale Motifs: Inspired by "The Shadow", with Mina playing the learned man and Pleasance playing the eponymous shadow.
- Girl Posse: At first...
- Important Haircut: After Pleasance starts growing out her hair to match hers, Mina tries to re-assert her own identity by cutting her formerly-long hair into a bob... the same style that Pleasance was wearing when they first met.
- In-Series Nickname: Piper sometimes addresses her as "Merle".
- Nice Girl: Unlike Maris and Marion, Mina is a kind person from the beginning and refuses to use her status to lord over people. Unfortunately, her utter niceness makes her very easy for Praline to take advantage of.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: She invited Pleasance into Maris' clique out of sympathy and is nothing but nice to the girl... who proceeds to take everything away from her and eventually get her kicked out of the clique.
- Sixth Ranger: For the villains.
- Tomboy to Marion's Girly Girl
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: She's an altruist who wants to write beautiful, inspiring things and believes that people are inherently good at heart. Pleasance mocks her for this quite a bit, and Mina throws away her idealism before turning heel.
Marion de Witte | Voiced by: Eri Kitamura
Pleasance Devlin | Voiced by: Rumi Shishido
Sanford Leroux | Voiced by: Mayumi Tanaka
Adelle Favager | Voiced by: Kaya Masutani