Characters: Super Sparkle Princess Comics
This is a character sheet for Super Sparkle Princess Comics!
open/close all folders
Tropes that apply to all the Princesses:
Lucy Beckson aka Lady LightLucy Beckson is just your average everyday suburban homemaker: loving wife, doting mother, and, oh, she's also a superheroine with awesome powers named Lady Light. Lucy's character basis was the original impetus for the Super Sparkle Princess Comics idea, the first of all the princesses. Together with her husband Richard (see below), she has two children: eight-year-old son Ethan and year-old daughter Ellie.
- Badass and Baby: Has been known to fight crime while toting her baby girl. Ellie even has her own superhero identity: "Little Flame."
- Big Good
- The Cape
- Flying Brick: More or less.
- Good Parent
- Happily Married: To high school sweetheart Richard.
- The Heart
- Heroic Spirit: More than any of the other princesses.
- Homage: Named after Lucy Ricardo.
- Ideal Hero
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness
- The Leader: Actually subverted. Although she has the potential to make an impressive Type IV, Lucy prefers to be more of the cheerleader.
- Legacy Character: Although the idea of the superhero identity Lady Light was Lucy's original idea, her powers were given to her by Estelle (see below) and have been passed down from woman to woman for generations.
- Mama Bear
- Mundane Utility: Lucy uses her powers to make chores easier and faster.
- Proper Tights With A Dress
- Superheroes Wear Capes: Hers is a short one.
- Team Mom
Roxie Yates aka FlickerDr. Roxanne "Roxie" Yates: psychiatrist by day, Action Girl by night!
- Afro Asskicker
- Ambiguously Brown: She's mixed race.
- Blessed with Suck: Flicker's electrokinetic powers seem pretty cool at first - but then you realise that, because she's permanently charged, she can't touch anyone for fear of shocking them. It won't necessarily kill you, but it's still a pretty risky side effect of her power.
- The Empath: Has hints of this due to her electrokinetic powers. She can tune in on a person's brain activity and decipher which areas are more active at a given time - kind of like a human EEG. She cannot, however, actually read minds.
- The Leader: Type II.
- Shock and Awe
- The Shrink
Tallulah Monday aka MirageThe youngest of the princesses
- The Beautiful Elite
- Because I'm Good at It
- Drink Order: Dry martini, garnished with an olive.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Invokes this with her standard appearance.
- Humanshifting / Voluntary Shapeshifting
- Mundane Utility: Often uses her shapeshifting abilities to wear whatever clothes she wants.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: More intelligent than she seems/acts (being the youngest doesn't help) - she's especially knowledgeable in fields related to biology and anatomy/physiology, which comes in useful since she can shapeshift down to the cellular level.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Of the seductive/deceptive variety.
- Rich Idiot with No Day Job: And it isn't even an act; it really is her secret identity.
- Shapeshifter Default Form: Long, dark red hair, perfect ivory skin, bright green eyes, thin, supermodel good looks... hey, wouldn't you?
- Shapeshifting Seducer
Leah Fitzgerald aka SirenLeah is a extroverted young woman
- Compelling Voice / Charm Person
- Everyone Loves Blondes
- Hot Scoop
- Intrepid Reporter: Has a day job as an investigative journalist, very much in the Woodward and Bernstein tradition.
- Life of the Party
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Esperanza's tomboy.
Esperanza Miller aka FalconetteEsperanza Miller hates her superhero name - but she didn't exactly have a choice in the matter.
- Blind Weapon Master
- Boyish Short Hair
- Career-Ending Injury: Served in the military until she was blinded in an explosion and discharged. Since then she's had a bit of an early midlife crisis, not sure what she wants to do with her life now and living off of military benefits/disability payments.
- Civvie Spandex: Falconette's costume is... a tank top, cargo pants, and leather jacket.
- Disability Superpower: Falconette is blind, but has echolocation/sonic abilities which give her better-than-average sight (as well as the ability to see through/around things). Don't ask how it works, just go with it.
- Blindfolded Vision: A natural side effect.
- The Gunslinger: Falconette.
- Handicapped Badass
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Falconette, due firstly to her military training and secondly to her sonic abilities.
- Military Superhero: Esperanza was a military sniper before being blinded in an explosion and discharged. Her sharpshooting skills were around long before she even knew of her powers.
- Multiethnic Name
- Superheroine Packing Heat: Falconette is a definite type A with a hint of D.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Leah's girly girl.
Lisbeth Dilgann aka ConstellationThe team's resident magic user.
- Imagination-Based Superpower: Constellation's magic doesn't require invoking any sorts of spells or the like - she simply has to want it bad enough, and it will happen (provided she's got the energy to power it).
- Purple Eyes / Supernatural Is Purple
- Stellar Name: Dilgann comes from Dilgan, an ancient name for the star Vega.
- Tights Under Shorts: Her costume is a black romper over semi-transparent black tights.
Andy KingAlexandra or "Andy" King is a quiet, intelligent woman who has always kept to herself... until she starts having some strange dreams. She's divorced and has prime custody of her twelve-year-old daughter, Kim (usually called Kimmie). Andy is the only one of the princesses without a real superhero identity.
- Brainy Brunette
- Dreaming of Things to Come
- Dream Spying: Her dreams can be of the present or the future.
- Meaningful Name: Alexandra is the Roman form of Cassandra.
- Mission Control
- Office Lady
- The Team Normal: In this context - although Andy does have powers, hers are the least "visible" and useful in combat (hence her Mission Control status).
Richard Beckson aka The FoxLucy's husband and a secret superhero himself called The Fox.
- Action Dad
- Badass Normal
- Happily Married: To high school sweetheart Lucy.
- Homage: And not the expected one, either; he's actually named after Dick Grayson.
- Standard '50s Father: Played more or less completely straight.
EstelleEstelle is a warm grandmother-type figure who comes across
The Rogues Gallery
- Pungeon Master: On early rock/pop songs.
Royal Family is an SSPC spinoff that takes place thirteen years after the main continuity. The princesses' kids are all grown up now - or at least, they're getting there - and it's time for a whole new generation of superheroes to take the stage...Includes lots of Super Family Team / Badass Family, as one might imagine, as well as Wake Up, Go to School, Save the World, with the main focus being on Lucy's children as they develop into a Brother-Sister Team.
Ethan Beckson aka (??? TBD ???)Now 21 years old, Ethan's grown up to be just your average everyday college student, busy with studying and a job on the side... only he doesn't work as a cashier or delivery guy. No, Ethan's job? He's a part-time superhero. Think Oracle's computer expertise, Iron Man's gadgetry, and Alfred's penchant for sarcasm.
- Ascended Fanboy
- Badass Bookworm
- Badass Normal
- Big Brother Instinct: Don't you touch his little sister. ...and for that matter, Ellie, don't you do anything to yourself.
- Big Brother Mentor: To Ellie, albeit reluctantly.
- Brother-Sister Team: With Ellie.
- Cool Big Bro: Ellie views him as one.
- First-Person Smartass
- Gadgeteer Genius: Hey, he was totally in one of those Lego-robot-building clubs in middle school!
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!
- Science Hero
- Where Does He Get All Those Wonderful Toys?: He makes them.
Ellie Beckson aka SparksAt age 14 Ellie's grown up without knowing the 'family secret'. She knows anyway, of course - and she wants in on it. And what Ellie wants, they've long since learned, Ellie always somehow gets. Because being a superhero is, like, totally her destiny!
- Action Girl: Maybe not quite there yet, but it doesn't stop her from being a huge action girl wannabe.
- All-Loving Hero
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Touches of it, to Ethan. He loves her anyway (he's obligated).
- Badass Normal
- Big Brother Worship: She adores Ethan, much to his (occasional) chagrin.
- Brother-Sister Team: With Ethan.
- The Cutie
- The Determinator: It's... really rather pointless to stand in Ellie's way, in the end.
- For Happiness
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness
- Jumped at the Call: In fact, she literally made the call.
- Kid Hero
- Na´ve Newcomer
- Plucky Girl
- The Pollyanna
- The Team Wannabe
- Teen Superspy: Again, thinks she is one, or destined to be.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.