Characters: Super Sonico
Characters originating from Super Sonico related media, Communication With Sonico, Super Sonico In Production, Super Sonico The Animation and Axanael.
open/close all folders
Members of F.A.V
First Astronomical VelocityDaiichi Uchuu Sokudo, also known as First Astronomical Velocity is the band founded by Suzu Fujimi, Fuuri Watanuki and Super Sonico. Together they have released two albums and made appearances in various forms of media.
Voiced by: Super Soniconote (Japanese), Jessica Nigri (English)
Hometown: Musashino, Tokyo
Birthday: October 14
Blood type: A
Hobbies: Baths, playing with cats, videogames
Special skills: Guitar, cooking (Japanese food)
Favorite food: Ramen (pork), macaroonsOriginally created in 2007 by Nitro+, to be the mascot character of their yearly music festival, Nitro Super Sonic. However, she gained such popularity that she is now considered to be the face of the company as a whole rather than for just the festival. An energetic, clumsy, determined busybody; Sonico is an idol, member of a band with her friends, gravure model and college student (majoring in marine biology) with a burning passion for music. Does main guitar and vocals.
- Big Beautiful Woman: She's rather curvy for an anime lead, and she's adorable.
- Cat Smile: Seen with one quite frequently.
- Catch Phrase: Toryaa!
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: She isn't really an otaku, but she has cosplayed a lot thanks to her gravure model job. Some of the costumes include; Black★Rock Shooter, Kirino Kousaka, Kurisu Makise, Madoka Kaname, Miku Hatsune, and, uh, Iskandar. For videogame related cosplay, scroll down to Gamer Chick.
- Cover Song: Several, she has an album with nothing but Vocaloid covers, SONICONICOROCK Tribute To VOCALOID. She has also covered classics, such as I Fought The Law and Smells Like Teen Spirit.
- Cry Cute: In episode 4, when Toma tells her that she's leaving for overseas.
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- Fangirl: Of Lumie, a legendary idol. Also of her favorite artists in general.
- Feminine Women Can Cook
- Gamer Chick: Enjoys playing videogames in her free time. One of her possible costumes in Communication With Sonico is as the Master Chief. Some other videogame related cosplays she has sported are; Riela Marcellis, Merurulince Rede Arls, Totooria Helmold, Noel Vermillion, Prinny, and a Gears of War costume.
- Genki Girl
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: She has one she is particularly fond of; Gyanguma-san, a green bear with an eyepatch.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With her friends, Suzu, Fuuri and Pochaco. Later in Communication With Sonico, you could also consider her to be this with her rival in the gravure model industry, Angie.
- Hidden Depths: Most people consider her a blank state like most mascot characters, but Communication With Sonico demonstrated that she has a personality, dreams and aspirations. Also, most people would consider her favorite music genre to be light, bubbly pop. It's punk rock.
- Idol Singer
- Innocent Fanservice Girl
- In-Series Nickname: Suzu and Fuuri call her Nico-chan. The cameraman in Communication With Sonico can call her Oppai-chan.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover
- Ms. Fanservice: She is a gravure idol, after all.
- Never Bareheaded: Her headphones. She’s always wearing them, even in the bath. It's prohibited to bring up the topic in front of Sonico, according to Suzu. In Communication With Sonico, you can ask her about them at several parts of the game, with her reaction being that of confusion. If you continuously ask her about them, well…
- In the anime, in a bit of a Freeze-Frame Bonus, you can see some pictures of her when she was younger and a few of them she's lacking the headphones.
- Nice Girl
- Plucky Girl
- Power Trio: With her bandmates.
- Shrinking Violet: She had shades of this when she was younger, and found it hard to talk to other people. However, by the time the show starts, while she still has some occasional trouble, she's a little more assertive nowadays.
- Sweet Tooth
- The Cutie
- The Heart
- The Rock Star: Her dream is to achieve this status with her bandmates.
- Those Three Girls: With Suzu and Fuuri.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Macaroons, also, pork ramen. She likes pork ramen so much she named some of her cats after it (Cha, Shuu, and Men, chashumen being the name of the dish in Japanese.)
- Triple Shifter: College student, model, waitress and band member! No wonder she's "not a morning person," she works herself to the bone!
- Zettai Ryouiki: She often wears thigh highs, such as in the opening.
Voiced by: Mai Goto (Japanese),Luci Christian (English)
Hometown: Chiyoda, Tokyo
Birthday: February 14
Blood type: AB
Hobbies: Unlicensed hair styling, many others
Special skills: Pro wrestling (drop kicks, specifically)
Favorite food: MelonsA young woman who has been working at the live house Supernova for a while, and also the leader of First Astronomical Velocity. Suzu enjoys teasing others and is quite witty and manipulative; but while she may seem unreliable, she can be extremely serious when the situation calls for it, and she's an extraordinary leader. Quick to anger and quick to cool down, she's the main bassist and provides backing vocals.
- Action Girl: Will use violence if it's necessary.
- A-Cup Angst: Especially when compared with Sonico and Fuuri.
- Blackmail: Is fond of this. You can be the scariest person in the planet, but slip up once, and Suzu will use it to blackmail you for when she estimates convenient.
- Cool Big Sis: To her little sister, Ena, and also to her little sister's childhood friend, Chiaki. When she's not teasing them, that is.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl
- Expressive Hair: Her hair isn't naturally straight; she learned to straighten it when she trained to be an unlicensed hair stylist. Get her too angry or too stressed out though, and her hair will go back to how it is originally; messy, and kind of bushy. She inherited it from her father.
- Fangirl: Of Rokuro-sama, an adult video actor, who seems to be a parody of Goro Tameike, a well known parody AV performer.
- Fortune Teller: Apparently also worked as this for a while, one of the many odd jobs she did to rebel against her father.
- Gamer Girl: To cheer Fuuri up after she saved her from the yakuza, she took her to the arcade.
- Green Eyes
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With her friends, Sonico and Fuuri.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: She is quite perverted, she even made her little sister watch one of those videos with her, too.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Naughty Nurse Outfit: She's not actually a nurse, she just dresses like that for her job. She has, however, admitted that it's also a hobby of hers.
- Overprotective Dad: Her father is this to both her and her little sister. He became like this after a certain incident…
- Lead Bassist
- Power Trio: With her bandmates.
- Professional Wrestling
- Team Mom
- The Leader
- The Matchmaker: Tries to set up Ena with Chiaki.
- The Reliable One
- The Tease
- The Trickster
- Trademark Favorite Food: Melons.
Voiced by: Mami Ozaki (Japanese), Monica Rial (English)
Hometown: Takamatsu, Kagawa
Birthday: June 13
Blood type: Secret
Special skills: Hitting things
Favorite food: Meat bunsA girl of mysterious origins with an insatiable appetite in charge of playing the drums. Fuuri is kind to a fault, a bit of a crybaby, and has the tendency to stick her nose where it doesn’t belong. Friendly, easygoing and the mood setter of the band, Fuuri was recruited into F.A.V by Suzu, after she saved her from the local yakuza with one of her trademark dropkicks. While she may seem like a simple girl, she hides many secrets under her calm exterior.
- All Drummers Are Animals: Literally.
- Animal Motifs: Tanuki. Since she actually is one.
- Arranged Marriage: Since she was little, to a tanuki called Tashiro. She ended things after she came to the human world in search for her childhood crush, however.
- Big Eater: Ridiculously so, she can finish several plates of food in a matter of seconds.
- Catch Phrase: Ponpoko and Pon, which are variations of the onomatopoeia for hitting something.
- Childhood Friends: With Kanta.
- Cry Cute
- Constantly Curious
- Dark and Troubled Past: A tanuki who came to the human world to find her childhood friend and first love, Kanta. She joined F.A.V with the plan that, if she became famous, he would hear about her and look for her. She finds out he's been dead for a while after a year of searching and a total of ten years of wanting to see him.
- Does Not Like Konnyaku: It's actually a tanuki thing. Tanuki-jiru, a miso soup dish, uses konnyaku as a replacement for tanuki meat. She says eating konnyaku is like eating a comrade.
- Genius Ditz: Never got any sort of training on percussion instruments before joining the band. She's always been good at hitting things, apparently.
- Her Heart Will Go On: Her fate in the true ending of Axanael. She sees Kanta again, but he didn't revive. Instead of going back to her home village, she decided to stay in the world of humans with her friends, and to play the drums for his sake, and for the sake of their fans, in hopes of someday touching people's hearts.
- Messy Hair
- Master of Disguise: With her shape shifting powers, she can copy anyone's appearance. As long as she has seen them, she can do it.
- Meaningful Name: Fuuri is a type of tanuki. Her surname is pretty self explanatory.
- Purple Eyes
- Secret Keeper: Her past, her true appearance, and her motivations for wanting to become famous.
- Shapeshifting: Humans, animals, objects, it doesn't look like there’s much limit for a tanuki's shapeshifting powers.
- She's Got Legs
- Tanuki: Her true form is that of a cute, small tanuki. Comes with most of the fantasy tropes included.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Meat buns.
- Transformation Trinket: A leaf with a polka dot design. It can also be used for healing wounds, apparently.
- You Are Not Alone
Voiced by: Ryota Takeuchi (Japanese), David Wald (English)Sonico's talent manager.
- Berserk Button: Attempting to make use of Sonico in a sexual manner (overly-risque bathing suit, being fondled by a tentacle kaijin).
- Never Live It Down: In-universe example. In episode 3, Kitamura, while drunk, arranges for Sonico to make a guest appearance in a tv show. He ends up accidentally upstaging the heroes of the show, and the director throws in his unscripted rescue. He's later offered a role in the show, which he understandably turns down.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Kitamura accidentally upstages the heroes of the tv show Sonico was guest starring in during episode 3. They hilariously keep his action in the show, crediting him as a guest hero.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Despite the scary mask he wears all the time, he does try to look out for Sonico, and attempts to prevent unscrupulous people from taking advantage of her.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: In episode 3, when he "saves" Sonico from a squid monster instead of letting the heroes of the show do it. The director of the show liked it enough and decided to Throw It In as a result.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: His Hannya mask and 'flaming' hair. Gets averted in episode 11, when he's watching over Sonico at the shopping district. Several tourists spot him, surround him, and take lots of pictures due to his unusual mask and hair.