open/close all folders
Martínez Gómez family
Hugo MartínezCheerful, friendly, irresponsible and lazy, sometimes he shows some sparks of geniality. He's in a relationship with Carola Gutiérrez.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Brilliant, but Lazy
- The Face — Except when dealing when someone who doesn't speak Spanish or English.
- First Girl Wins — Carola, much to the dismay of Ximena Torres and Andrea Méndez.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Holding Back the Phlebotinum — The teleporting machine.
- Nice Hat — His baseball cap. It has the logo of the Universidad Católica football team.
- Stoic Spectacles — In appearance only.
Rosa MartínezShe's usually kind-hearted and compassionate, although she's also moody and sensitive. She's great at making pastry. Always wears a fuchsia hair ribbon tied to her hair.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Going to See the Elephant — The trip to snow-covered Sapporo and Otaru.
- Hair Decorations
- Hartman Hips — Her wide hips and thick legs are often exaggerated in artwork.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover — She brought Mimí to the family, after all.
- Omniglot — Although she can only speak Spanish fluently.
- Either "World Domination", or Something About Bananas
- Gratuitous Japanese — Even on her dreams.
- Super Not-Drowning Skills — She seems to really enjoy diving underwater for hours.
- Team Chef — She's better at cooking than her Mom.
- Team Mom
Eliana MartínezA compulsive overachiever, she's not just smart but also really quick and agile.
- Berserk Button — Besides her hair, she isn't quite welcoming of affection from certain kids...
- Bully Hunter
- Heavy Sleeper
- Insufferable Genius
- Lean and Mean — Not evil per se, but not a nice girl either.
- Le Parkour — Up to Eleven and repeated ad nauseam.
- Little Miss Badass
- Paper-Thin Disguise — Electra.
- Rapunzel Hair — Her main distinguishing trait. A good part of the action in Sueños del Sur revolves around her extremely long hair.
- Smart People Play Chess
- Traumatic Haircut. She got better.
Pedro MartínezA courageous, unusually strong boy. Good at football and martial arts.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Book Dumb
- Bully Hunter
- Smart People Play Chess — A subversion, as he can put a good fight against older, smarter characters, without being too smart himself.
- Super Strength — For his age and size, anyways.
Clara GómezThe mother of the main four kids. She's quite bossy, outgoing and also a bit irresponsible and reckless
- High-School Sweethearts — With Juan.
- Housewife — She runs a small shop, and participates in the neighborhood council, but otherwise she's a stay-at-home wife.