open/close all folders
Calculated Bloodlust (Kazuya & Nina)
- "How interesting, I'll happily take you on."Debut: TekkenOrigin: JapanFighting Style: Mishima-style KarateVoice Actor: Masanori Shinohara / Jordan Byrne
- Arch Nemesis Dad: Is one to Jin and has one in Heihachi. Not a happy family to say the least.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: In the first cinematic episode
- Eye Beams: He uses them in both the second CG trailer and as part of a special move in the game itself. Interesting in that he doesn't need to switch to his Devil form to do this.
- Genre Savvy/ Crazy-Prepared: Unlike Bison, Kazuya had a plan in case Nina would betray him.
- Man in White: In Vita Episode 3
- Power Gives You Wings: During his super, purple wings can be seen behind Kazuya as he fires his Eye Beams, evocative of Devil. He's also briefly shown sprouting wings in the SDCC 2010 trailer, and wings made of smoke materialize behind him momentarily in the Captivate 2011 trailer.
- Shock and Awe: While the Mishima family's strongest attacks are usually surrounded by an aura of electricity, SFxT actually allows him to shock his opponents.
- Wolverine Publicity: One of the first four playable fighters revealed for SFxT, and is among the most iconic Tekken characters.
- Yakuza: His second alternate is built around the old-fashioned traditional look.
- "Well, shall we begin?"Debut: TekkenOrigin: IrelandFighting Style: Assassination techinques
- Author Appeal: Capcom's love for epic-sized thighs has transferred from Chun-Li over to her.
- Combat Pragmatist:
- She has no problems holding Ryu in place as Kazuya winds himself up for an uppercut.
- She does it in the CG trailer against Ryu to allow Kazuya a shot with his laser eye. Good thing Ken threw off his aim.
- Irony: Despite being non-canon to her native series, she is nonetheless paired with Kazuya. While this is for reasons of Wolverine Publicity, her role in Tekken 6 would require her to eliminate Kazuya at the behest of her current employer (Jin Kazama, head of the Zaibatsu and opposing force to G Corporation). Of course, she betrays Kazuya in their ending on behalf of another client. Not that he isn't ready for it.
- Conservation of Ninjutsu: Implied heavily in her ending, as she reveals that someone else wants Pandora more than Kazuya. Having sensed this betrayal from the get go, Kazuya orders a small hidden squadron of G Corp soldiers to open fire. Seconds later, Nina is nowhere to be seen, and the soldiers are left beaten.
- Kiss of Death: In typical Femme Fatale fashion, she blows one to her foe at the beginning of her super.
- Oireland: Her native place, although she doesn't have the accent.
- Only in It for the Money: The reason why she's even with Kazuya in the first place.
- Professional Killer
- She's Got Legs
- Wolverine Publicity: One of the first four playable fighters revealed for SFxT, and is among the most iconic Tekken characters.
Shocking Friendship (King & Marduk)
- Debut: Tekken 3Origin: MexicoFighting Style: Lucha Libre/Professional WrestlingVoice: None (uses generic jaguar noises)
- Animal Motif: Fairly obvious.
- Badass Boast(vs. Kazuya) The jaguar is the god of all living things! It will not lose to the devil!(vs. Yoshimitsu) Use anything and everything you can. It doesn't faze me.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: He sharpshoots devils (Kazuya, Akuma) and gods (Ogre) and swings around people twice his size (Hugo).
- Everything's Better with Spinning: His Giant Swing grab, which is way faster than usual.
- Masked Luchador
- Only Sane Man
- Professional Wrestling: His whole fighting style, utilizing various wrestling grabs in his movelist.
- "Try and come at me! I'll crush ya' to dust!"Debut: Tekken 4Origin: AustraliaFighting Style: Vale TudoVoice Actor: Yasuhiro Mamiya / T.J. Storm
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: His Melon Masher Super Art has him tackling then mercilessly pounding his opponent's face with his fists. Due to the graphical style of the game, this looks more vicious than it would if he was doing it in a Tekken game.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: He's Aussie, but as in his native series, he's voiced with an American accent.
- Pre-Asskicking One-Liner: "I'll crush ya to dust!" (at the start of the match)
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: Delivered during the last hit of his Super Art:Nice knowing ya!
- Unexpected Character: He was most likely included as a "tag along" with King, who is popular enough for the both of them.
Charming & Chubby (Bob & Julia)
Robert "Bob" Richards
- "Check out the perfect fighter."Debut: Tekken 6Origin: United States of AmericaFighting Style: Freestyle KarateVoice Actor: Tsutomu Isobe / Patrick Seitz
- Acrofatic: He ends up fighting fellow fatty Rufus in the TGS 2011 trailer.
- Bounty Hunter: According to his intro with Julia.
- The Fighting Narcissist: A benign version compared to Vega, but his defeat quote shows how obsessive he is over his "perfect" body.My perfect body!
- Improvised Weapon: Dinner plates in the TGS trailer.
- "No way out of this."Debut: Tekken 3Origin: Arizona, U.S.AFighting Style: Chinese KempoVoice Actress: Seiko Yoshida / Annie Wood
- Amazonian Beauty
- Apologetic Attacker: She would appear to be one here.
- Author Appeal: Capcom's penchant for handing out Heroic Builds to most characters (some of the ladies included) seems to have rubbed off on Julia, who is shown to have a more muscular physique than usual (as compared to her home series, where she's a bit more slender and athletic).
- Badass Bookworm
- Bare Your Midriff
- The Glasses Come Off/Glasses Pull: In her intro pose.
- Magic Skirt
- Martial Pacifist: Her taunt: "Why do you insist on fighting?"
- Nature Hero
- She's Got Legs
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Julia seems to have gotten relatively meaner to other characters in Street Fighter X Tekken than she was in the Tekken series (despite being an Apologetic Attacker and a Martial Pacifist); if her winquotes are anything to go by...v.s. M. Bison: "Global domination? Seriously? And you're not the least bit embarrassed running around looking like that?"v.s. Ibuki: "You should think about your moves before you do them. Your defense is just pitiful."v.s. Marshall Law: "You've gone way past pathetic, now you're just hilarious... Wait, no, don't cry on me..."v.s. Raven: "You rely too much on your data. That's why you lost."v.s. Zangief: Are all those scars just for show? You were a lot weaker than I'd imagined. I'm disappointed..."
- Took a Level in Badass: The "jerkass" part of the above trope might qualify as this trope too. Physically speaking, this trope is justified since Julia Chang gets a Heroic Build (for the first time ever).
Young & Talented (Hwoarang & Steve)
- "I won't hold back!"Debut: Tekken 3Origin: South KoreaFighting Style: TaekwondoVoice Actor: Tomoaki Maeno / Chris Rickabaugh
- Badass Biker
- Be Careful What You Wish For: In his ending, he boasts to Steve that he could beat a hundred Akumas single-handedly. And since Pandora happens to be sitting nearby...
- Big "NO!": When defeated.
- Extremity Extremist: As a Taekwondo practitioner, the majority of his moves involve kicking.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: "You're not gonna like this ONE BIT!" Take note, this is before he performs an aerial axe kick on you.
- "I'll take on any challenge that you got."Debut: Tekken 4Origin: EnglandFighting Style: Boxing
- Accidental Pervert: In his Rival Match, while trying to break up an argument between Poison and Hugo, Steve accidentally grabs her breast.
- Boxing Battler
- Extremity Extremist: Subverted in he has one regular attack (a foot stomp) that uses his feet. One of his titles "I can kick too" lampshades this.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Staying true to his Tekken design, he uses his fists for all of his attacks bar one.
- See You in Hell: Steve belts out a variation of this ("I'll see you... in Hell!") at the end of his super, a flurry of punches ending with an impromptu Spitfire.
- Walking Shirtless Scene
- Wrestler in All of Us: Has a grab where he clinches the foe, as you would expect from a boxer. He then throws them over him much like a Belly to Belly Suplex.
Masters of Darkness (Yoshimitsu & Raven)
- ("The battle begins...")Debut: TekkenOrigin: JapanFighting Style: Manji-style NinjitsuVoice Actor: Tomokazu Seki / None
- Confusion Fu: He employs a variety of very odd tactics; teleporting, rapid spinning backhands, and even harakiri.
- Highly Visible Ninja: Much to Raven's frustration.
"You sure you're a ninja? You stick out like a whale in a goldfish pond."
- Also Ken's.
- Honor Before Reason: He pulls a Leeroy Jenkins against Vega and Balrog because that's what warriors do apparently.
- Legacy Character: Yoshimitsu is a title, not a name, that goes back as far as the first Yoshimitsu hundreds of years earlier in SoulCalibur. This leads to something of a Mythology Gag: Yoshi's involvement in the plot is kicked off because his demonic sword tells him of great evil, something that tended to cause the original Yoshimitsu to enter plots as well.
- This also leads to a missed opportunity, as in this game he does not share his ancestors' famous lines from SoulCalibur, such as "Shikisoku Zeku!"
- Strange-Syntax Speaker: The Yoda variety, of which it is, coupled with speaking an old, forgotten dialect of Japanese which to others sounds like gibberish.
- "Eliminate potential threats."Debut: Tekken 5Origin: CanadaFighting Style: NinjitsuVoice Actor: Kenichiro Matsuda / D.C. Douglas
Overwhelming Intimidation (Heihachi & Kuma)
- "It's been too long since I've enjoyed a fight."Debut: TekkenOrigin: JapanFighting Style: Mishima-style Karate
- Badass Grandpa
- Hypocritical Humor:(vs. Guile) "You have a hairstyle that is... how should I say this... Weird."
- Turns Red: Heihachi's Pandora mode literally does this instead of succumbing to the usual effects of Pandora.
- Worthy Opponent: True to his Tekken characterization, Heihachi is very Machiavellian in his win quotes. He may not give a damn about anyone but himself, but he'll praise an opponent's strength.to Ryu: Phew! If we'd met 10 years later, it would've been bad news! Good thing you're still a pup.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: His Pandora mode. Instead of letting his teammates sacrifice themselves, he just shoves them off the battlefield and Turns Red.
- Debut: Tekken 3Origin: JapanFighting Style: Advanced Bear FightingVoice: None (uses generic bear noises)
- Bears are Bad News: Well, for his opponent anyway.
- Fartillery: Kuma's Super Art involves him slashing you, breaking your fall with his butt and farting.
- Intelligible Unintelligible: Inverted. His speech is translated to us in cutscenes. Not to the other characters.
- Running Gag: Of sorts - Alisa, Bob, Juri, Law and Ryu all express an interest in eating Kuma, and in Abel and Guile's rival cutscene Heihachi asks if the reason Abel wants the bear is so they can have 'a nice plate of bear chops' (nope, it's so Abel can pet him. Yeah). Oh, and Ken comments on victory that 'Elisa loves stuffed animals'.
- Only Sane Bear: Compared to Heihachi. Too bad almost no one knows what he's saying, and the only one who does (Heihachi) doesn't listen.
Princess and Pauper (Lili & Asuka)
Emilie "Lili" de Rochefort
- "I'll be done with you before tea time."Debut: Tekken 5: Dark ResurrectionOrigin: MonacoFighting Style: Street FightingVoice Actress: Asami Seto / Joy Jacobson
- Badass Boast: Before she executes her Cross Art.
- Dance Battler: She incorporates ballet into her moveset.
- Glass Cannon: She has some excellent moves for both offense and defense, but her HP rating is below average.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: In her ending, she fights with Asuka to determine which of them will claim the box for their own, despite Asuka saying constantly that she doesn't want the box. Due to their brawl, the box breaks free of the ice keeping hold of it and falls into, as Asuka puts it, a very deep hole. Lili seems to have a thing for doing this, like in her Tekken 5 ending.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: After beating Bison and Juri, Asuka notices she's not acting her usual haughty self as they get closer to the box.
- Panty Shot: Oh so many.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: "Let's get beautiful!"
- She's Got Legs
- Skyward Scream: An silent but still nightmarish one as she succumbs to the effects of Pandora, followed by a Primal Stance.
- So Long, Suckers!: Gets a BIG one in the Asia Game Show cinematic where she leaves Asuka, Chun-Li and Cammy all in a heap whilst the Shadaloo Ship sails away with her on it. And Asuka is her partner.
- Spot of Tea: At the start of a match, she proclaims that she'll end the fight before tea time.
- Upper-Class Twit: Like a few of the other characters, her personality is far more exaggerated in this game than in her native Tekken - she's more eccentric, ditzier, and in the inter-fight cut-scenes, some of her expressions and poses veer towards the classic anime Laughing Mad aristocratic noblewoman type.
- "You're so gonna remember this beating!"Debut: Tekken 5Origin: JapanFighting Style: Kazama Style Aikido
Comrades Forever (Paul & Law)
- "Best in the universe... Check it out!"Debut: TekkenOrigin: United StatesFighting Style: Martial arts based on JudoVoice Actor: Kanehira Yamamoto / Mike McFarland
- Anime Hair
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Large Ham: "I am the top fighter... IN THE UNIVERSE!!!"
- Megaton Punch: The good ol' Phoenix Smasher.
- No Indoor Voice: "PAAAAUL!!! PHOEEEEENIIIIIIIIIIIIIX!!!!"
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: "Oy, that bear is my enemy! Ya lay a hand on him and I swear I'll beat you down even harder!"
- "I'm ready. Fight!"Debut: TekkenOrigin: United StatesFighting Style: "Martial Arts" (seemingly based on Jeet Kune Do)Voice Actor: Keisuke Fuji / David Vincent
- Bruce Lee Clone
- Kiai: As a Bruce Lee Clone, it's a must.
- Gameplay Story Segregation: Despite the fact that almost everybody in-game mocks and degrades Law in their victory quotes (particularly scathing example from Raven: 'You have failed both as a tournament fighter and a restaurant owner. Your life is a blueprint of what not to do in life'), Law is seemingly a professional's choice of character and is used by a number of tournament players for his combo abilities.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: After fighting Lei.I-I'm not doing anything officer, I swear! Especially nothing that would involve stealing your handcuffs and gun and selling them!
- Walking Shirtless Scene
Destined Partners (Jin & Xiaoyu)
- "I can't allow you to live..."Debut: Tekken 3Origin: JapanFighting style: Traditional karate
- Anti-Hero / Anti-Villain: Jin's motivation for obtaining Pandora is to rid himself of the Devil Gene but he will use any means possible to accomplish his goals. His victory quotes are, with few exceptions, very callous, though notably, the majority seem to lack malice, unlike his dad's quotes.
- Berserk Button: Do NOT harm Xiaoyu. Juri found this out the hard way in the fifth Cinematic Trailer. Notably, Jin is doing a fair job of attempting to crush Juri's skull before his demon side tries to come out and he has to force it back down.
- Energy Ball: An odd inclusion in his fighting style in this game, Jin can punch these at various ranges in front of himself (the EX version lets you stick two out at the same time). This is likely due to the more fantastical elements that are permissible in a 2D fighting game.
- Eye Beams: As the final blow of his Super Art.
- Precision F-Strike: When he defeats his cousin, Asuka, a known loudmouth."I don't have time to listen to your bullshit."
- Sub Boss: With Pandora Xiaoyu as Pandora Jin.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Like Kazuya, Jin can transform into a bloodthirsty demon by unlocking the Devil Gene within him. Unlike Kazuya, he does not embrace this, and is actually trying his best to get rid of it.
- That said, his Super Art technique does briefly feature his Devil persona, but it seems more like it momentarily takes over his body, rather than him voluntarily using it like Kazuya.
- "I'm ready for whatever you got!"Debut: Tekken 3Origin: ChinaFighting Style: Various Chinese Martial Arts
- Anime Chinese Girl
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She will often declare to other female fighters that Jin is hers.
- Covert Pervert: See Getting Crap Past the Radar.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: During her enhanced moves and even her Super Art!
- Genki Girl: Peppy and friendly, except when she is worried about Jin's struggle.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: "Don't touch me with your grubby hands! Only Jin is allowed to do that to me!" Note that her vs. Abel quote in the original Japanese version simply reads "Those throws were pretty annoying, but I won anyway."
- Girlish Pigtails
- Green-Eyed Monster: A particularly weird case comes with her alternate costume. According to the Excuse Plot blurb, Xiaoyu became jealous of Chun-Li when she came to arrest Jin, and so chose to wear a derivative of her Alpha-era costume in order to prove She Is All Grown Up. Not that it makes her looks much different than she usually does....
- Love Makes You Evil: To a degree. She's a co-sub-boss because she wants Jin to have Pandora at all costs
- She-Fu: One of the more agile characters in the game.
- Sub Boss: With Pandora Jin as Pandora Xiaoyu.
- Took a Level in Badass: If Tekken: Blood Vengeance didn't cement her status as one, the mere fact that she's now a Sub Boss should do the trick.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: She willingly takes Pandora to please Jin.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: As a Sub Boss."That's right! (Pandora) belongs to Jin! And Jin belongs to me!""Jin is MINE! I won't let you take him away from me again!"
Final Boss: Ogre
- Debut: Tekken 3Origin: Unknown, but discovered in South AmericaFighting Style: Absorbs the fighting abilities of those it defeatsVoice: Unknown (speaks in alien tongues)
- Blood Knight: It feels compelled to find those with great skill in battle and defeat them.
- Fan Nickname / Just for Pun: If Youtube comments are anything to go by, due to his SFxT-model's uncanny resemblance to the boss of S.I.N., albeit with a green tint and some additional flimflam, some have taken to call him Seth Green.
- Final Boss: For Street Fighter characters.
- Hope Spot: Built in to his Super Art. He launches you into the air, gains wings of fire, does a whole lot of attacks, and then lands. A beat later, your character hits the ground for the most damaging part of the attack. If you're low on health, it's not uncommon to think you survived the attack until that last hit, even if you know better.
- Mayincatec: The basis of its design.
- Your Fighting Style Is Mine/Mega Manning: Absorbs the combat skills of those it defeats in battle.
- Worthy Opponent: Played Straight and Subverted. He considers Akuma to be the only decent opponent on Earth. Akuma on the other hand has nothing but contempt for the God of Fight.
- Hilariously this disposition filters over to the other characters as well. Tekken characters generally see Ogre as an annoyance while Street fighter Characters see him as a real threat. Don't worry Akuma gets the same treatment in reverse.
Downloadable Content charactersnote
Dance & Poly (Christie & Lei)
- "I just love dancing!"Debut: Tekken 4Origin: BrazilFighting Style: CapoeiraOfficial Tag Partner: LeiVoice Actress: Marina Inoue / Lisle Wilkerson
- "I guess I found the right suspect."Debut: Tekken 2Origin: Hong KongFighting Style: Five-Form Animal Kung FuOfficial Tag Partner: ChristieVoice Actor: Hiroya Ishimaru / David Jeremiah
- Ass Kicks You
- Casual Danger Dialog: In the PS Vita Episode 2, he engages in this with Chun Li, along with a little Flirting Under Fire while dodging around Vega. She doesn't miss a beat, much to Christie's confusion. Cammy just doesn't care.
- Lei: "So! That love letter you left me - a little obvious don't you think - Agent Chung Li!"Christie: "'Love letter'?"Chun Li: "Can't blame a girl for trying. Not even my sweet message could sway your stubborn heart."'Christie: "'Message'? What are the two of them talking about!?"Cammy: *Walks up near Christie and gives a shrug* "Hnn Nn."
- Difficult but Awesome: Holy shit, yes. To get a general idea of how incredibly hard Lei is to learn, think about Gen for a second. Remember how he has two stances he can switch between? Yeah, Lei has seven. He is so hard to play as that the very act itself has been likened to playing Street Fighter while doing calculus at the same time.
- Confusion Fu: That being said, the more special move central gameplay of the Street Fighter engine means that Lei players will probably regulate to his specials and his normal stance attacks. This means that in the occasion one does try them, you might be caught off guard with the sheer nature of his movements, Drunken Walk especially.
- Drunken Boxing
- Hypocritical Humor: "There's a Brit and a Kenyan? That's an odd combination."
- Iron Butt Monkey: Took the worst beating in the PS Vita Episode 2 and is missing a tooth by the end. Claims it's nothing a few drinks won't solve.
Insurgents (Lars & Alisa)
- "Very well... Let's go!"Debut: Tekken 6: Bloodline RebellionOrigin: SwedenFighting Style: Tekken Force trainingOfficial Tag Partner: AlisaVoice Actor: Junichi Suwabe / Jack Calabrisi
- Anime Hair
- But Not Too Foreign: Half-Swedish, half Japanese - though he clearly looks Western.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: To Jin.(win quote vs Hwoarang): "You will never defeat Jin Kazama. That privilege is mine!"
- "I must destroy all targets."Debut: Tekken 6: Bloodline RebellionOrigin: RussiaFighting Style: Designed by the Mishima ZaibatsuOfficial Tag Partner: LarsVoice Actress: Yuki Matsuoka / Michele Knotz
Artificial Team (Bryan & Jack-X)
- "Are you ready to die painfully?"Debut: Tekken 3Origin: USAFighting Style: Pure violence combined with some Kickboxing techniqueOfficial Tag Partner: Jack-X
- Ax-Crazy: Beats up pretty much anyone whenever he feels like it, whether or not they're on his side.
- Blood Knight
- Evil Laugh: Now actually sounds legitimately creepier than his original Tekken 5 & 6 laughter.
- Laughing Mad: Especially during his super.
- Kick Them While They Are Down
- Slasher Smile: All the damn time.
- Walking Shirtless Scene
- "Identify targets to be exterminated."Debut: TekkenOrigin: RussiaFighting Style: Power FightOfficial Tag Partner: BryanVoice Actor: Kenichirou Matsuda / Jordan Byrne
- Literal-Minded: When Bryan refers to him as "Scrap Iron", Jack-X acknowledge this as its new name.
- Super Prototype: Jack-X was designed to be a backup to the Jack-6 series.
- Theme Naming: Keeping the tradition of naming the current Jack with the number of the current Tekken; this crossover has no number, but it has a X, and so it was born Jack-X.
- It Is Pronounced Tro Pay: Similarly, it is pronounced "Jack-Cross", like the game is pronounced "Street Fighter Cross Tekken".
- Shout-Out: During their Rival Battle, Jack-X refers to Guy and Cody's Power Levels as Over 9000.
- Top-Heavy Guy