Characters: Starmaiden Of Akasha
List of Starmaiden Of Akasha characters (currently incomplete).Note that quite a few of these names I made up on the spot and will likely be changed in the future.
Freya CrowleyvaneThe main character of the story, Freya is seventeen years old with brownish-black hair just below shoulder-length.When she was very young an accident happened with permanently damaged her eyes, as a result she's now unable to look at television or computer screens without suffering from migraines. In a world highly reliant on digital and cybernetic technology, Freya feels like a complete outcast.Freya's a generally nice person, although certainly not The Pollyanna, she has touches of world-weariness and snark. Has no real interest in the Grail and fights mainly to stop Roderick and later the other adversaries she and Saber face.
- Bookworm -> Badass Bookworm (although she states that if she could watch television, play video games and use the internet, along with oher future activities like everyone else, she never would have had much interest in books).
- Broken Masquerade - Knew absolutely nothing about the Mages' Association or her own magic powers until she met Roderick.
- Deadpan Snarker - Although not to a very large extent.
- Expy - Based roughly on Tomoya Okazaki, although Gender Flipped. Her clothing however looks a lot like Kanji Tatsumi's.
- Glasses Girl
- Kid with the Leash - To Saber.
- Jack-of-All-Stats - She's able to use most types of normal magic, although her magical Power Level's rather low compared to everyone else's.
- Loners Are Freaks - What most see her as, since due to her eyesight problems she doesn't get a chance to connect with many people, although nobody ever acts malicious to her.
- Na´ve Newcomer - To the world of magic.
- Neutral Good (Probably the only character who is).
- Overshadowed by Awesome - She's only a fledgeling mage, all the other Masters are mostly highly experienced sorcerers. Doesn't mean she Can't Catch Up though.
- Plucky Girl
- Unwanted Harem - Though not of the usual sort.
- Weirdness Magnet - The only people who do ever socialise with her other than her parents are the eccentric Bitch in Sheep's Clothing Mad Scientist Myria, her Blood Knight Servant, the mysterious and slightly creepy Roderick and the rather unsettling Alumina.
SaberFreya's Servant, a mysterious red-haired, red-clothed woman with horns and wings. Initially comes off as a lazy jerk only really interested in fighting, though she does have her redeeming qualities.
- Action Girlfriend
- Berserk Button - Two, being referred to as a "Servant", and people harming animals or the environment.
- Blood Knight
- Chaotic Neutral - Too corrupt and extremist to be good, too many dog pettings and too strong a Hidden Heart of Gold to be evil. Definitely chaotic.
- Does Not Like Men
- Elemental Powers - Has control over all four of the classical elements.
- Even the Girls Want Her
- Evil Redhead / Redheaded Hero - Sometimes it's hard to tell which.
- Expy - Some parts of her are based off Crowley especially the Screw Destiny part (although she doesn't really like modern technology).
- Flaming Sword
- For the Evulz - She generally enjoys getting on people's nerves and causing chaos because she can, and so she can have fun watching what unfolds. That said, she never does anything too major.
- Handsome Lech - Female version.
- Horny Devils - Has a general demon motif.
- Hot Wings - Though the wings actually aren't on fire themselves.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Lady Of Wealth And Taste - Wears a Victorian-style suit (usually worn by gentlemen) in her civiilian guise.
- The Mole
- Ms. Fanservice / Stripperiffic - Both actually averted.
- Screw Destiny - Ends up disobeying Lucifer to save humanity.
- What the Hell, Hero?
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes? - Anything related to the Christian religion.
- Worthy Opponent - Takes an interest (perhaps too much interest) in Lancer, due to being the only other female Servant, although dislikes her for her religiousness.
Eleanor TohsakaA dark and mysterious woman Freya meets coincidentally soon after the beginning of the Grail War. She is the last of the Tohsaka lineage, and is highly antisocial due to her extremely fragile body and distorted senses making it hard to interact with anything. However she also possesses the Mystic Eyes of Life Perception.
- Aloof Ally
- Badass Longcoat
- But Not Too Foreign - Born, raised and living in England, although comes from a Japanese family.
- Glass Cannon - Has the MEoLP, but her body's fairly fragile.
- Hates Being Touched
- Hikikomori - Doesn't want to be one, but is forced to due to her physical condition.
- Jerkass Woobie
- The Ojou
- One-Hit Kill - Her eyes, though they only work on living things.
- Secondary Character Title - She's the eponymous 'Starmaiden Of Akasha', although the name doesn't quite mean what you think it means.
- Supporting Leader
- Thou Shalt Not Kill - Is terrified at the prospect of killing, claiming she could easily descend into being a psychotic murderer.
- X Meets Y - Ryougi Shiki meets Thomas Covenant (although she doesn't have the whole 'unbelief' aspect of the latter).
Roderick SachatelOwner of the local library, a brown-haired man in his late forties. An eccentric sort who taught Freya everything about magic, he used to be a member of the Magic Association before he left in disgust. He now seeks to destroy the Association. He once used to be 'Rod Kronos', a well-known and respected Captain of the Space Armada, though such glory days are far behind him.
- Badass Bookworm
- Badass Long Robe
- Blow You Away - Generally uses Wind spells, although is overall based in the area of altering velocity and movement, with a few lightning spells thrown in.
- Chaotic Neutral
- The Chessmaster
- Fallen Hero
- The Heavy - The first villain to be introduced, and easily has the most onscreen presence.
- He Who Fights Monsters - See Well-Intentioned Extremist below.
- Hoist by His Own Petard - Don't piss off a Servant, even if he happens to be your own.
- I Did What I Had to Do
- The Obi-Wan - Until he tries to kill his own student.
- Quintessential British Gentleman - In spades.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist - Wishes to put an end to the crimes of the Mages' Association, but doesn't particularly care what he has to do in order to succeed.
- What the Hell, Hero? Antagonist
RiderRoderick's Servant, a tall bearded British gentleman wearing Tudor Era clothing. His true identity is Sir Francis Drake (not a spoiler, he tells us very early on).
- Affably Evil - Well more antagonistic than 'evil', but otherwise fits.
- Berserk Button - Don't lay a finger on a member of the Royal family.
- Cool Ship - His Noble Phantasm The Golden Hind.
- The Dragon - To Roderick, pun intended.
- Heel-Face Turn - Although he starts off as highly faithful and loyal to his master, he ends up betraying and killing him after Roderick goes too far.
- Lawful Neutral
- Quintessential British Gentleman - Quite.
Myria ClaremortA quirky inventor living in the apartment next door to Freya's, she is very hyperactive for an adult and thinks Freya's unique condition is 'fascinating'. Her inventions have a tendency to explode often, although some of them really do work.
- Badass Labcoat
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Defeat Means Friendship
- Drop-In Character
- Expy - She starts off as pretty much the story's equivalent to Taiga, although replace the 'martial arts' angle with a 'science' one, and make her much more important to the plot.
- The Fake Cutie / Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Genki Girl
- Green-Eyed Monster
- Hot Scientist
- Humongous Mecha - One of her inventions.
- Les Yay - With Freya, later with Saber.
- Mad Scientist
- Proud to Be a Geek
- Revenge (on the scientific community that shunned her.
- They Called Me Mad!
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Voruskiur KeodenA member of the Hashmalim, a lizard-like species of aliens and the only extraterrestrial race humans have made contact with so far. Has come down to Earth on a mysterious agenda.(Note that Hashmalim is only the English word for their species, the name they call themselves is unpronouncable in most human tongues).
Ferdinand SkycastleThe current director of the Clock Tower and leader of the Mage's Association. A stern, gray-haired and fairly nasty man in his late thirties known for his strictness and cruelty, he has ended up both feared and secretly hated by many, though is nevertheless a very powerful magus worthy of such a high title.
- Abusive Parents - His folks were not good to him; thankfully has no children of his own.
- Bad Boss
- Disc One Final Boss
- Freudian Excuse - His family wanted to defy the changing times and produce the most powerful Magus that ever lived, though any means necessary. 'Most powerful that ever lived' may be an overstatement, but they sure came close.
- Heel-Face Turn
- Lightning Bruiser - Alright, not very physically strong, but has mastery over nearly every form of magic.
- Unwitting Pawn
- Well-Intentioned Extremist - His life was so screwed up he literally wants to redo all of reality from the very beginning.
"Red-Haired Painter"A mysterious individual who lives alone in a studio to the north of the city. Not much is known about him, however he's assumed to be a Magus.
Graham PetersonThe Church Overseer for this War, in his prime he was a very high-ranking member of the Burial Agency and was feared by all enemies of the Church. Keywords being In his prime. Nowadays he's just a senile old coot who's gone completely round the bend, to everyone's embarassment.
- Badass Grandpa - He's not finished yet!
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Screw Politeness Im A Senior
Isaac MirrorsGraham's assistant and substitute Church Overseer. In his early twenties. Tends to be highly paranoid, strict and critical, though relaxes more when he's not dealing with Graham.
- Butt Monkey
- Locked Out of the Loop - To most Grail War-based situations, ironically.
- The One Guy - All of the other protagonistic characters (so far) are female.
- Super OCD - Although he doesn't actually have obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Unwitting Pawn - In sharp contrast to Kirei Kotomine.
ArcherA bowman from Ancient China. Stern and serious, sometimes takes his orders a little too literally.
- Grumpy Bear
- Heartbroken Badass
- Improbable Aiming Skills
- Necromantic - Wants the Grail to "resurrect" his wife.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran
- The Stoic
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
LancerA mysterious woman known to be one of the Amazons, although nobody's sure which. She's very religious and devoted to the gods, which places her at great odds with Saber.
- Blade on a Stick - Several.
- Expy - Her relationship with Saber is slightly based on Sol's relationship with Ky (i.e 'fallen' Chaotic-aligned vs 'devout' Lawful-aligned).
- Foe Yay - With Saber, although Lancer wants none of it.
- Girlish Pigtails - Unusual for a mostly serious adult woman.
- Lawful Neutral
Tiamat58A highly advanced supercomputer built and owned by the Magic Association.
Dr. AmenemhetFreya's local doctor, an Egyptian man who later turns out to be a Magus, although he only specialises in healing magic. Is spied on by the Clock Tower who believe he was sent from Atlas.
- The Ace - Medicine, technology, physics, sculpture, architecture, carpenting, writing, magic, you name it, he excels in it (well, except for offensive magic).
- Badass Labcoat
- Bald of Awesome
- Healing Hands
- The Medic
- The Professor
Julian BarthomeloiVice director of the the Mages' Association and Chief Programmer and inventor of Tiamat58, he is a kind and hard-working person who unfortunately happens to be the assistant of Ferdinand Skycastle.His "Mystic Code"s are the dual-wielded sword Voice Of God and the dagger Hand Of God. Mystic Code in quotation marks because, on closer inspection, they don't appear to be anything more than normal weapons.
- Bastard Understudy
- Big Bad
- Butt Monkey
- The Chessmaster
- Deconstruction - Of Heaven's Feel Shiro.
- Fatal Flaw - Prioritising saving the ones he loves over saving everyone in an emergency.
- The Man Behind the Man
- My Greatest Failure - He couldn't save his childhood friend from being killed in an accident.
- Nice Guy
- One-Hit Kill - Owner of the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist - His personal philosophy, when in a crisis, is "Save the few by sacrificing the many". Essentially the complete opposite of Kiritsugu Emiya's, but just as flawed, if not more.
AssassinNot a member of the Hashashin due to being summoned by another Servant. In his lifetime he despised other Magi for being too arrogant and overconfident in their abilities. Unfortunately those words describe his new Masters exactly, much to his annoyance.
Freya's ParentsMillicent and Cameron Crowleyvane, the former being an astronomer, the latter being constantly unemployed.
Kishua Zelretch SchweinorgA powerful centuries-old vampire sorcerer with the ability to traverse the dimensions and control alternate possibilities through the "Kaleidoscope" miracle. Ends up involved in the story after suspecting that there's something off about this 'Grail War'. One of the three characters who aren't OCs.
Crimson MoonThe first ever vampire, and Aristoteles (or "Type") of the Moon, an Aristoteles being the strongest being created by a celestial body as its 'champion'. Came to Earth and was killed years ago by Zelretch, although rumoured to have been recently resurrected.
LegionCreated from a loophole in reality, it is the Servant known only as 'Void'. Appears as a formless shadowy monstrosity, its true identity is an amalgam of all the potential Servants not summoned for this War and thus can use every single Noble Phantasm, except for those of the Avenger class.
- Ax-Crazy - Essentially almost every possible Servant smushed together. Let's see how you'd handle that.
- Eldritch Abomination
- Expy - Slightly based off Arakune.
- Glass Cannon/ Achilles' Heel - Although its strength and magic power are extremely high, due to the sheer strain of keeping itself composed its defence is fairly low.
- Hive Mind
- I Am Legion - Too obvious.
- Made of Explodium - Relies too much on one Servant's powers and its balance will break, shifts rapidly between Servants and it'll overheat. Either way the result's the same.
- Power at a Price - One of the most powerful Servants, yet also one of the most difficult to control. Plus there's the insanely high Mana cost.
- Voice of the Legion - Unlike Berserker, it's actually able to talk, although comes across as completely insane and detached from reality while doing so.
Alumina ChariotA mysterious and ethereally beautiful lady Freya encounters. Has blonde hair and dresses entirley in white. Appears rather pleasant, but something's... not quite right about her.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Dissonant Serenity
- Cute and Psycho - Has no concept of human 'right' or 'wrong'.
- Important Haircut - Inverted, has boyishly short hair when first introduced, which grows rapidly longer after certain events.
- No Sense of Personal Space - Thankfully rarely meets with Eleanor.
- No Social S Kills
- Stalker with a Crush
- Stepford Smiler
- Uncanny Valley Girl
- Woman in White