The character sheet for the Special Intelligence
series, currently under construction.
open/close all folders
Special Intelligence Division (Office of Extranormal Intelligence Operations)
Arguably the lead protagonist of the webcomic. Crosby is one of the new recruits placed onto the S.I.D. at the start of the story, and a lot of his own story centers on the need to "grow up" while being tasked with protecting Earth from every threat imaginable.
Tropes associated with Crosby:
- Badass Bookworm
- Berserk Button: Going after and trying to kill Crosby's girlfriend Sharon Schaefer. Yeah, not a good idea if you want to live.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Read the above trope.
- Big Damn Heroes: Was a part of a particularly magnificent example during the climax of "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing".
- The Cape
- Catch Phrase: "Oh, shit."
- Dork Knight: Yes, even after Crosby takes a level in badass.
- Expy: Crosby's character makeup is all over the place, really, which include Scott Pilgrim, Steve Rogers, Linkara, among others.
- Fish out of Water: Crosby, much like his fellow new recruit nerds in the S.I.D. isn't much of a soldier compared to, say, Olivia Smithson.
- The Gunslinger
- The Hero: Though it takes some time before he acclimates into this role.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Crosby falls in love with redheaded Sharon Schaefer.
- Manchild: Becomes a major element of Joffrey's Character Development, as he's trying to escape this reputation. And succeeds, as of "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing".
- Nerds Are Sexy
- Nice Guy
- Pop Cultured Badass: A lot of the reason why Joffrey was recruited for S.I.D. was of his deep knowledge of science fiction, comic books, and video games.
- Took a Level in Badass: "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" showed a dramatic turn of badassery for Joffrey, especially as he grew a pair, so to speak.
- Tranquil Fury
John BauerBad Ass
robotic man. S.I.D. Agent John Bauer is one of the hardened soldiers placed onto the new S.I.D. unit to help assist in operations against bad guys. In reality, he's a android made in the image of the deceased Bauer, who had died long ago while fighting against Josef Shabadoo's forces.
Tropes associated with John Bauer:
The most experienced of all the S.I.D. operatives. Olivia formerly served in the U.S. Navy, though she was soon transferred onto the S.I.D. after rescuing her crewmates from a massive monster during a training mission that had gone to hell.
Tropes associated with Olivia: