Characters: Sos Mi Vida
Esperanza Muñoz, "la Monita"
Actress: Natalia OreiroEsperanza Muñoz, "la Monita", is a fierce boxer from the poor neighbourhood of La Boca. Left by her mother in her childhood, she was adopted by Nieves, and lives in the "Conventillo". She has been the girlfriend of Quique since their childhood. But one day she broke her hand while boxing and, needing money to support her foster family, she got a job at the "Quesada Group", later falling in love with her boss.
Tropes associated with Esperanza Muñoz
- Action Girl: She's a boxer, did you expect any less?
- Bare Your Midriff: usual in her casual clothing
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: Brawn
- Boobs of Steel
- Childhood Friend Romance: with Quique
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: If a thug tries to steal from them, Martín would try to negotiate... and Esperanza would take him down with a single punch.
- Not with Them for the Money: In fact, Esperanza despises most things associated with wealth. A time that Martín was risking to lose his money, she commented that it wasn't such a big deal, as money does not make people happy. So unlike Constanza, who was climbing the walls in despair...
- Parental Abandonment: Esperanza was abandoned by her parents at her childhood, and adopted by Nieves
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: With Nilda. Esperanza is the strong girl, as she's a boxer, but her friend is just interested to know how are things going on with Martín. Has he kicked Constanza? Has he declared his eternal love yet? Did they kiss? Is he a good kisser?
Enrique Ferreti, "Quique"
Actor: Carlos BellosoEnrique Ferreti is the childhood boyfriend of Esperanza, and son of Nieves. Lazy, ugly, cheater, drunk, discourteous, selfish... and those are his good traits.
Tropes associated with Enrique Ferreti
- A Man Is Always Eager: So Quique, you and Constanza had a fun time having sex at the motel. You still have some free hours left. What will you do now? "Let's go back inside"
- Childhood Friend Romance: with Esperanza
- Dirty Coward: So, Quique has a free pass for the World Cup, and the mob is keeping his mother hostage, so he returns it. What to do? World Cup, or mother? World Cup! And it had to be Martín who came to the rescue.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: See "Dirty coward"
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: In his heart, Quique loves Esperanza and wants the best for her. He's a jerk at the hour to show it or do something about it, but the feeling is there... deep, deep there
- Man Child: Did you know that Santa Claus was not real?
- Oedipus Complex: We never actually see him in sexual circumstances with his mother, but they are hinted many times.
- Perpetual Poverty: Initially, Esperanza payed his house and food, and later he got a job. But then, Esperanza broke with him, he was fired... and, somehow, he stayed at home the remainder of the series anyway.
- The Chew Toy
- The Obi-Wannabe: He told great feats and advises to Martín's adopted children... but even the 10-years old Coqui was aware he was talking nonsenses.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Both Esperanza and Constanza are really hot women... and this guy is ugly in all manners that you can (or dare) imagine
Nilda Yadhur, "La Turca"
Actress: Mónica Ayos
Nilda Yadhur is an unsuccessful actress, rejected in most castings. She's the best friend of Esperanza and Kimberly, always encouraging her friend to leave Quique and go for Martín. She had a crush with Jose, despite the difference of age.
Tropes associated with La Turca
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: Brains
- Best Known for the Fanservice: Invoked. As an actress, Nilda Yadhur tries to get real and serious roles, but people only want to hire her for roles showing the almighty boobs.
- Gag Boobs: Nilda Yadur is frequently teased this way.
- Humble Goal: All she wants is to get an stable job as an actress.
- Perpetual Poverty: Having no stable job, how does she pay the rent, the food, and the wardrove?
- Precocious Crush: With Jose (she's the adult)
- Starving Artist: Being an unemployed actress is hard.
- The Lancer: To Esperanza
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: With Esperanza. Esperanza is the strong girl, as she's a boxer, but Nilda is just interested to know how are things going on with Martín. Has he kicked Constanza? Has he declared his eternal love yet? Did they kiss? Is he a good kisser?
- Unlimited Wardrobe: She may be poor, but she has clothing and costumes for all needed circumstances.
Actress: Fabiana García Lago
Kimberly is the janitor of the Quesada Group. She always was, always will be. One of the two best friends of Esperanza, she proposed her to work there when she broke her hand in the first episode... so, the whole story would have never taken place if not for her.
Tropes associated with Kimberly
- Almighty Janitor: Other characters have been promoted or demoted at times, but poor Kimberly, she has always been janitor. Not even a happy ending promotion...
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: Kimberly is Paraguayan, and speaks with a Paraguayan accept... a distorted and unrealistic Paraguayan accent.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: Beauty
- But Not Too Foreign: Kimberly manages very well with the Argentine slang to be foreign.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Kimberly got married with Rolando Martínez, to fit a clause to inherit a fortune... and even in the wedding, she began to control him as a sergeant.
- Gratuitous Guaraní: from time to time she talks in guaraní, a native language of Paraguay. Not very often, after all the actress is Argentine.
- Humble Goal: With all her hard work, her years of service, her unquestionable career, isn't it time for a promotion?
- Running Gag: Each time she comes from work, her father calls him to the room. "Ya va, dejate de romper las pelotas"
- Team Chef: Always make a cofee for Mercedes
María de las Nieves
Actress: Dalma Milebo
Nieves is the elder woman of the Conventillo. She's Quique's mother, much to her despair, and try at all costs to have him get married with Esperanza, so that she can be freed from that load. But no, that couple is not to be, she will have to put up with him forever...
Tropes associated with Nieves
- Almighty Mom: She always gives lectures to Quique and Esperanza, but also to all the others around.
- Overprotective Mom: So much times she acts as if Quique was just a child needing his mom, and not just a lazy who must go and get a job.
- Smite Me, O Mighty Smiter!: "Jesús me favorezca!"
- Team Chef: For Quique. He always needs more "milangas".
Actor: Facundo Arana
Martín Quesada is the head of the Quesada Group. Most of his family died in a plane crash, including his former wife, but he endured and led the Quesada Group to the top, next to his girlfriend Constanza. But then, he adopted 3 children and got in love with a new employee, Esperanza... and the fun began.
Tropes associated with Martín Quesada
- Benevolent Boss: Miguel, Esperanza, Quique, Falucho, made several things that would get them fired in a real workplace, but Martín is always protective, always understanding, always forgiving... so, the day he finally fired Quique, you can be sure that Quique has REALLY pushed his luck very far.
- Conveniently an Orphan: his whole family, except for Miguel and Debbie, died in a plane accident
- He's Back: That's how the series started
- Honest Corporate Executive: Never an unlawful procedure, never taking advantage of other's problems, never resorting to unethical procedures to reach his goals... and if Miguel tried, go everything backwards.
- The Main Characters Do Everything
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: In a relation with a boxer, that was almost predetermined
- Must Have Caffeine: And served by Esperanza.
- Non-Idle Rich: Besides running the Quesada Group, the source of his wealth, Martín Quesada finances a house of foster care, much to the dismay of the elitist Constanza. And when 3 siblings were about to be distanced, he adopted them without a second thought (and without asking Constanza)
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: There are so many things that Martín did not know about, such as watching a football match in the stadium, or even to enjoy a simple pizza... but, fortunately, he has Esperanza to unlock all those closed doors.
- Self-Made Man: He inherited the Quesada Group, but it was him to moved it to its modern leading status.
- Urban Legend Love Life: Worse considering that he was played by Facundo Arana
Actress: Carla Peterson
Constanza is the designated girlfriend of Martín Quesada. He broke with her several times, but he was forced many times to return to her... and even get married with her.
Tropes associated with Constanza Inzua
- Abusive Parents: She's not the mother of those kids, she did not want them, and despises them, and will let them know at every oportunity. Fortunately for them (and for her), Martín finally married someone else. Esperanza, but even Lucrecia Borgia would have been a better mother than Constanza.
- Berserk Button: Just mention Esperanza. Or worst, tell her that Martín is with her, and take cover!
- Defrosting Ice Queen: The "Ice Queen" would be Constanza, who does not care about any man except Martín; and even in that case it's not because of love but because of interest in the social status. Quique fell in love with her at first sight, she initially flat rejected him, then considered him a mere sexual toy, and finally embraced him when she lost Martín.
- Drama Queen
- Embarrassing Old Photo: Photos of her police capture after shoplifting. She tried so hard to prevent shock magazines to publish them, and when she was mean with Falucho and Miguel, they took revenge by delivering the photo to all the rest of the cast.
- Fostering for Profit: When Martín go bankrupt and broke with Constanza, she kept the children with her. Not because she liked them: she though that it was the only reason why Martín would return to her.
- Manipulative Bastard
- "Not If They Enjoyed It" Rationalization: When they begin to have sex, Constanza cries Quique to leave her, that she does not want him, that she's raping him... in an orgasmic voice, and without trying any actual resistance (so, the whole "no, leave me!" is just a sexual play). It gets confusing for Quique the times she does not want to have sex, as he think she's playing and continues.
- Rich Bitch: "Do you expect me to have a seat among the rabble? Don't you know how I am? I am Constanza Inzua, the wife of Martín Quesada!" (And Martín? Oh, he's with Esperanza, in a seat among the rabble)
- Took a Level in Badass: She can not physically violent with a proffesional boxer, no if she wants to keep her head attached to her neck, right? No! She began training to Took a Level in Badass and defy Esperanza on a ring. Not that her new badass level was enough: Esperanza won by knock-out with a single punch.
Actor: Marcelo Mazzarello
- Big Brother Bully: Since their early childhood.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: and proud of it
- Kick the ditz: Miguel does this to Debbie all the time. He's the villain, after all.
- Laughably Evil
- Nepotism: Being one of the only two relatives that Martín still has, and the only one that is actually capable of working (or sort of), Miguel Quesada was appointed vice president of the Quesada Group. Alfredo finds proofs all the time about Miguel sabotaging the firm for his own benefit, but it all falls in deafs ears.
- Socialite: Not always with money, but the habits must never be left aside. If there's no champagne for the toast, let's use a pepsi.
Débora Quesada, "Debbie"
Actress: Griselda Siciliani
- Cloudcuckoolander: "Cloud... what? Wait, that strange word gave me a headache. Has it something to do with clouds shaped as cuckoos? Because when I came here, I saw a cloud that was like a pigeon, a cloud that was like a piece of cotton, and a cloud that was like a cloud"
- The Ditz: Of 1º category
- Bored With Insanity: Debbie once thought she was a genius and that she should be a "new Debbie", and do serious stuff, like using black clothing, read books, work in the firm, etc. When Constanza ordered her to do stuff, Debbie complained that "the new Debbie does not follow orders from you", but as Constanza insisted, Debbie proposed that "the new Debbie will take a rest, and the former Debbie will return for a while".
- Love Martyr: She loves the mean Rolando Martínez, despite his constant rejection and direct insults.
Actor: Elías Viñoles
- Deadpan Snarker: With Constanza always confusing things with what she says and what she does, and what she does for a hidden agenda and what she does for real, it is welcomed to have someone who says things in plain and direct language.
- Flanderization He had some beard early on, and in time it growed and growed... as if had not shaved it in the whole year
- Foster Kid
- Parental Marriage Veto: Jose left from school and asked Martín to work instead at the Quesada Group, so he could marry Nilda. Remember, he's a teenager, and she's a grown up woman. Martín ordered him to drop it and return to school AT ONCE.
- Precocious Crush: with Nilda (he's the teen)
- The Jail Bait Wait: He got married with Nilda as soon as he was 18... at the Happy Ending
- Totally Radical
Actress: Thelma Fardin
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: She got a crush on a burglar who happened to be a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Foster Kid
- Spoiled Sweet: She became rich when adopted, but she's still nice with her old poor friends, and never got Drunk with Power.
Actress: Ornella Fazio
- Adorably Precocious Child
- Foster Kid
- Promotion to Parent: that's what she want from Esperanza: that she gets married with Martín and become her mother
Actress: Adela Gleijer
- Cool Old Lady: She may be old, but she's well ware of everyone's motives and real intentions.
- Parental Substitute: For Tony, whose parents are never even mentioned
- Team Chef: She's the butler after all
- Team Grandma: Even to Quique, but she never requested that strange honour
Actor: Nicolás D'Agostino
- Casanova Wannabe: Every time he likes a chick, they fall for Jose instead.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: For a pair of months, he disappeared without explanation. And then he was brought back, without explanation.
- Raised by Grandparents
- The Lancer: To Jose
Actor: Alejandro Awada
- Only Sane Employee: Alfredo. Mercedes reads a magazine and wants him to relax, Miguel is busy trying to take profit from some disaster, Esperanza ran away from work because of an unclear development, Martín ran away after her, Falucho can not be trusted, Quique or Debbie are providing comic relief in the corridor... and who else is going to negotiate with the important businessmen that came to sign an important deal?
- Beleaguered Assistant: Martín is not an incompetent president, but he forgives everything to Miguel, and always leave the office without a second thought if Esperanza is in a hurry somewhere else.
- The Lancer: To Martin
Actress: Claudia Fontán
- Sassy Secretary: The Quesada Group may be near bankrupt, Miguel and Falucho may be near to achieve their master plan, Constanza may be near to marry Martín, the weather channel may have announced a severe storm, but she's always with a positive attitude and an easy smile.
- Must Have Caffeine: What's Kimberly doing that she's not here with a new cofee?
Félix Pérez Garmendia, Falucho
Actor: Pablo Cedrón
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Pérez Garmendia, sixth generation of Corrupt Corporate Executives.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He initially loved Mercedes, and Mercedes even refused to hear critics to Miguel if Falucho was included in them.
- Laughably Evil
- Manipulative Bastard