Super64The hero of Smashtasm. In season one, he was a new player in Melee, but in season two, his skills improved and is now a moderator in Brawl.Tropes Associated with Super64:
- Accidental Hero
- Eleventh Hour Superpower: For his duel against Killa7, 1337f0x supplies him with a hack that amplifies all his attack values, from damage to recoil distance.
- For Halloween, I Am Going as Myself
- Naďve Newcomer
- Only Sane Man: Sort of. While he isn't exactly sane, compared to everyone else he's this.
1337f0xThe sidekick. Known as a playful hacker, he speaks in a combination of l33tspeak and English that's hard to follow for people who aren't fluent (though he can speak perfectly acceptable English when he wants to).Tropes Associated with 1337Fox:
- Leet Lingo
- Playful Hacker: He hacks the game simply to unearth inaccessible features, and to watch the amusing results of messing with the code in funny ways.
- Funny Foreigner
LinkA player that thinks he really is Link of The Legend of Zelda.Tropes Associated with Link:
- Heroic Wannabe
- The Chosen One: Not really, but he believes himself to be "The Hero of Time," epithet of the most famous Link.
BlakberriA female Ganondorf player who is a professional (She's certified!).She will not return in season 2.Tropes Associated with Blakberri:
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Plays as Ganondorf, but is female.
- Lightning Bruiser: When she pummels Link offscreen, much of the hits come in pretty fast.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: While you can see her do some pretty nifty moves, most of her fight scenes are more or less offscreen. Her fight with 1337f0x somehow ends in a draw, with Super64 seen gushing about how awesome it was in the aftermath.
PrincerokA Scottish player who is very arrogant in his abilities, and sees wireframes everywhere due to the infamous Sonic and Tails prank.Will not return in season 2.Tropes Associated with Princerok:
- Berserk Button: A more subdued example— "Did you just call me Irish?"
- The Cameo: Along with Pimpachu.
PimpachuA presumably young player who sees himself as a pimp.Will not return in season 2, because people complain that the actor is a "Poser", when that was the entire point, along with Shippiddge finding his voice actor annoying.Tropes Associated with Pimpachu:
- Berserk Button: Never call him a poser, or he will tell Lamp to destroy your confidence.
- The Cameo: Along with Princerok.
LampLamp is a very, very strange player who doesn't seem that smart. He's very good at distracting, but that didn't help Super64 escape from his cage.Tropes Associated with Lamp:
- Ascended Extra: He plays a minor role in season 1, but gets a more major role in season 2, possibly because the fans wanted him in season 2.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He is just that strange.
Mewzero/LuzerioA sensei stereotype that teaches Super64 how to actually be good at the game in preparation for his duel with Killa7.Tropes Associated with Mewzero/Luzerio:
- Ambiguously Gay: In the crossover Beans, he implies he may be gay.
PrincessHAn apparent bounty hunter that had a change of heart and is now helping Super64 (As of recent videos).Tropes Associated with PrincessH:
- Ax-Crazy: Implied several times. Also it can be heard from the Racist Mickey character in episode 4 that she's killing him.
- Heel–Face Turn
- Informed Judaism: The "H" originally stood for Hebrew.
- Split Personality: Implied when she mentions one side of her brain telling her to do something violent.
GregThe main antagonist of season 1, he is a Cracker.Tropes Associated with Greg:
- Big Bad: Of Season 1 (and, as it turns out, season 2 as well).
- Characterization Marches On: He gains more Deadpan Snarker traits, as well as some Chessmaster aspects in Season 2.
- The Cracker: He wants to use his hacks to defeat all the best legitimate players and control the game world free from retribution from the admins.
- Evil Counterpart: To 1337Fox, his student. Whereas 1337Fox does his hacking for fun, Greg wants to take over Smashtasm with hacks.
- Knight of Cerebus: Downplayed. The series still remains comedic, Greg even having his own humorous traits (much of them more or less being 1337Fox's), though Greg's appearances raise the scale and stakes.
- No Sell
- Administrator powers prove useless against him while he's currently in a server with his hacks enabled—he has to be K.O.'d and removed from the game, along with his hacks, before he can be banned.
- When Super64 tries to fight him in season two, as Girem6, all of his attacks are useless, and the Plot Coupon he had just spent episodes collecting does nothing, as it was just a false-flag meant to get Super64 to confront him in person.
Killa7A noob like Super64, but increases his rank by cheapshotting other players.Tropes Associated with Killa7:
- Disc One Final Boss: He's not really even a threat.
- Final Boss: However, he's also the ultimate opponent fought by Super64 in Season 1, acting on behalf of and with the help of Greg.
- The Dragon: Greg takes him under his wing and turns him into a decent player.
- One-Winged Angel: Greg hacks him a playable Giga Bowser that he uses to duel Super64.
Girem6A fan of Greg (and Greg himself) and leader of the Gear Hack Force, he aspires to take over Brawl.Tropes Associated with Girem6:
- Ascended Fanboy: He leads his own team of hackers, Greg was only one hacker by himself and Killa7. Averted when it turns out that he's Greg.
- Big Bad: Of Season 2.
- Hijacked by Ganon: Turns out he's just Greg using another name.
- Significant Anagram: His screenname. In leetspeak, it's an anagram of 'I'm Greg', the 6 being the second G. This is actually lampshaded.Girem6: I thought I made it really obvious.
GrantA loyal servant to Girem6. He and Gront are a pair of "low-level grunt villains".Tropes Associated with Grant:
- Ambiguously Gay: He denies it vehemently, despite the fact that he was flirting with people in an all guys server.
- Harmless Villain: How much? When Grant and Gront were supposed to be guarding a piece of a detonation bomb that could defeat Girem6, they were busy singing!
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: "Dammit Gront, we are not gay!!"
- Those Two Bad Guys: with Gront.
GrontA servant to Girem6, but seems more foolish. He and Grant are a pair of "low-level grunt villains".Tropes Associated with Gront:
King KirbA giant Kirby player who has Kirby Cousins, his mooks.Tropes Associated with KingKirb:
- Berserk Button: Never hurt his cousins. EVER.
- Large Ham: He acts like he's a real king even though it's just a game.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Not exactly a weakness, but you can stop him from attacking you if you manage to take off his crown.
The NarratorNot a player, he is "A generic voice that helps move the plot along for your convenience".Tropes Associated with The Narrator:
- Aroused by Their Voice: Has this opinion of himself. It's never brought up whether other characters might share his opinion since for the most part only the audience can hear him.
- Interactive Narrator: Not usually, but he does get in an argument with PrincessH after her official introduction. Super64 has no idea who she's arguing with.
- Large Ham
- Who Writes This Crap?!: When introducing Girem6 he manages to read out the basics of his character before realizing he still had three more pages of melodramatic drivel to read out, and then storming out of the recording booth in protest. He also finds Link's gimmick stupid and isn't particularly confident in Lamp's character quirks being funny.