This is a page for the characters of Shinji and Warhammer 40k
open/close all folders
God Emperor Shinji and His Sisters-in-arms
Shinji IkariThe wimp that was not.
- All-Loving Hero: He redeems bullies into Bully Hunters with forgiveness and inspiring words.
- The Chessmaster
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: The only people that know (initially) that he is The Leader of Da Boyz are Da Boyz themselves. To everyone else he is a nice and quiet boy.
- Guile Hero
- Grew a Spine: And how! Shinji goes from wimp to God Emperor of Mankind.
- The Hero
- Heroes Want Redheads: He loves Asuka.
- The Leader: A type I and IV for Da Boyz. He's the mastermind behind their activites and the respect they have for him is regularly likened to religious devotion.
- Literal Split Personality: His four figurine advisers. Rei can speak with them, though at first this just looks like her own developing imagination. Later they start talking Asuka and Kaworu also speaks to them which pushes them more fully into this trope.
- My Greatest Failure: He blames himself for Minase's rape by a high schooler, thinking he indirectly provoked it and could have stopped it. This is compounded by accepting the Chaos Marine's offer the night before and wanting to cause her pain. The guilt of both acts causes him greater torment than anything in his life.
- Spanner in the Works
- Young Conqueror
Asuka Langley SohryuThe Red-haired Tsundere Love Interest
- Ace Pilot: One of the best pilots in the series.
- An Axeto Grind: Her favorite weapon.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Inverted. After killing Israfel, she simply says: "Hey Shinji?...I think I like you."
- Badass: She single-handedly destroyed the Earth Craddle, when it had walked over everybody else and seemed downright unstoppable.
- Badass Bookworm: She is fourteen and she is a college graduate. She and Ritsuko bonded for a short while due to her scientifically-inclined mindset.
- Badass Normal: She uses this term to describe herself. Subverted when it was revealed that she was infused with Angel DNA.
- Battle Couple: With Shinji.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: with Shinji.
- The Berserker: Asuka's battle antics are those of a berserker and she uses the traditional gear of a Khornate Berserker (in the form of an Eva-scaled chainaxe). She is reportedly enough of a berserker that her battle rage overrides even that of her Eva's default mental state. However she's a cold berserker. A berserker Unit 02 uses weapons and fights with the same techniques, only with more eating of enemy body parts.
- Big Damn Heroes: She performed one in Germany.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: With Rei and Asuka. They make a surprisingly good comedy duo. Typically, Asuka is the straight man, while Rei is the boke. Asuka, perhaps understandably, thinks "tsukkomi" is some sort of bizarre Japanese perversion and refuses to listen whenever someone attempts to explain it.
- Broken Ace: She is an excellent pilot and she has been heavily traumatized.
- Broken Bird: Her mother died, her father ignored her and she had to turn herself into a badass to cope with it.
- Buffy Speak: She falls into it occasionally:Asuka: "Again, with the not giving of the good feelings."
- But Not Too Foreign: Half-Japanese, half-German.
- Calling Your Attacks: "SCHLAGANN IMPACT!", "GIGA DRILL BREAKER!"
- Chainsaw Good: She uses a prog-chainaxe.
- Child Soldier: Trained since she was four.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She is extremely possessive and jealousy of Shinji. During their Relationship Upgrade in chapter 36, she claims him like hers, and declares that she will have everything from him.
- Companion Cube: After Shinji goads Unit 02 into a berserker rage, Asuka screams "DON'T TOUCH MY EVA!"
- Destructive Saviour: She does not reach Shinji's levels, but she is stilll pretty destructive on her own.
- Determinator: She is very, very, very stubborn.
- Dude, She's Like, in a Coma!: Seriously, Asuka, Shinji just woke up from one. That's what she wants us to think, at any rate.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Asuka had to deal with Rei's advances since chapter 12.
- Fiery Redhead
- Gratuitous German: Used widely.
- Hot-Blooded: Very much so. She is full of anger, passion, bravery and bloodlust. Ironically her hot-bloodness is overshadowed by Shinji in this setting.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: All of her hubris and her bluster was in reality a mask to hide that she is a very traumatized, very lonely child with zero self-esteem. Shinji saw through her façade immediately.
- It Meant Something to Me: In chapter 36 Asuka feels betrayed and wonders if Kaworu -and even Shinji- were playing with her feelings. Shinji insisted that, although he hates Nagisa, he knows that Kaworu loves her. And Nagisa knows the same thing about Shinji.
- It's Personal: When Kaworu uses the Earth Cradle to take over Germany by force, Asuka is just ticked off.
- Lonely at the Top: During their conversation in chapter 36, Asuka admits that it was warm be held and protected by someone, and it was cold to stand alone and so high.
- Love Triangle: With Shinji and Kaworu. She liked both and they cared for her. Eventually she chose Shinji.
- Lovely Angels: With Rei.
- Official Couple: With Shinji since chapter 36.
- Only Sane Woman: Often she feels like it when Shinji starts to break physics laws and everyone else simply choose shrugging it off.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Played straight with Shinji; subverted with Kaworu.
- Tsundere:Asuka's irritation/anger at Shinji increases early on the more she comes to adore him. Outright rage tends to be reserved for her rivals for his attention.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Shinji. Resolved in chapter 36.
- Worthy Opponent: She realizes that Kaworu's reason to seize Germany is dare her to take it back because he knows that she loves a challenge, and he hopes that if he gives him a good one, maybe she will return to him.
Rei AyanamiThe blue-haired Yandere who likes blowing things up.
- Bi the Way: She loves Shinji. She has also molested Asuka (although she claims they were accidents) and has all but stated outloud she wants Shinji gets Asuka and her.
- Brother-Sister Incest: She loves very much Shinji. She is also genetically her sister but she does not care about it.
- Heroes Want Redheads: She is also drawn to Asuka.
- Lovely Angels: With Asuka.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: May God, Adam, Lilith, the God Emperor of Humankind, the Ruinous Powers, the Eldar and Orkish gods and other assorted deities protect you if you hurt Shinji. She does not particularly cares about the city blocks she has to level to catch you.
The Four Imperial Councillors
The Eldar FarseerOne of the four figurine advisors of Shinji. She is old and wise, and when she is not trying to convince Shinji to get his own harem or talking Asuka into getting into Shinji's pants, she is actually helpful.
- Dirty Old Woman
- Fiery Redhead: In spite of her age she can get pretty temperamental.
- Girlish Pigtails: She wears them. It is ironical because she is very, very, very old.
- Shipper on Deck: Although she fully supports the notion of Shinji getting himself a harem, she has often encouraged Asuka to get in Shinji's pants and claiming him like hers.
The Ork Warboss
The Space Marine
The Chaos Marine
The Allies of His Majesty
MisatoNERV Director of Operations. She took Shinji and later Asuka in.
The Enemies of the Emperor
GendoShinji's father. He abandoned his son after his wife's death because was afraid of him. He will do anything to bring Yui back.
MinaseOne of Shinji's classmates in elementary school and his first crush.
- The Beautiful Elite: Her delicate beauty and grace and general 'princess' atmosphere are what attract Shinji.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Acts sweet when she's truly snotty.
- Elegant Classical Musician
- Defiled Forever: Has this opinion of herself after the high schooler rapes her. She's ashamed to see Shinji because she thinks, despite his crush, he wouldn't want anything to do with her now.
- Hero's Muse: She's the reason Shinji took up the cello; he wanted to be near her in the band and impress her.
- Heel–Face Turn: After the debacle with her high school boyfriend she becomes one of Shinji's converts.
- Ojou A high class girl adored by many in the school.
- Rape Portrayed as Redemption (Rape as Drama?) - Happens the end of the prologue. The person who did it is then killed (accidentally) after being attacked by her and Kobayakawa.
- Rich Bitch: She acts like a snotty princess because her family's well off.
- Ship Sinking: If Minase rejecting him did not kill the couple, Shinji leaving for Tokyo-3 definitely deep-sixed it. Now Shinji is being chased by Asuka, Rei, Maya, Mana... and there is no place left for Minase, especially now that Shinji has chosen Asuka.