These are the characters appearing in the BlazBlue
crossover Shadows Of The Azure
open/close all folders
Main Weapon: Katana
The Protagonist of Persona 4
, Yu Narukami is one of the few Wild Cards (alongside the Persona 3 Protagonist and Aigis and Elly
) and is a tremendously powerful Persona-user, among the strongest in the world. However, when he ends up in the BlazBlue
universe, he loses his Wild Card powers, and is stuck with just Izanagi. He quickly reunites with Teddie, and forms an alliance with Ragna the Bloodedge and Taokaka.
Tropes related to SOTA!Yu Narukami....
Ragna the Bloodedge
Main Weapon: Giant Sword
The protagonist of BlazBlue
. Known as the Grim Reaper, Ragna the Bloodedge has been hunted down by the NOL for his carnage, and has been leading a personal crusade to defeat Yuuki Terumi/Hazama, failing at almost every turn. Now going to Ikaruga with Taokaka, Ragna ends up meeting Yu Narukami and Teddie, and soon ends up facing himself....
Tropes related to SOTA!Ragna the Bloodege
- Badass: As always, and a good thing to point out is that he's able to handle almost any Shadow that comes his way. Even his own, although that one needed a little encouragement first.
- Berserk Button: Being called 'Ragna the Bear-edge' by Teddie (who else?). A more serious one is Terumi.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's still uncouth and arrogant, but he starts showing his softer side more often after his experiences early on.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Becoming something of a personal Running Gag. He screamed at Margaret when he mistook her as a ghost. He also did the same when he faced his Shadow first.
- Tears of Joy: He sheds a tear of pride for Jin, seeing how much he's grown since they last met.
- Unstoppable Rage: Whenever Terumi's in the scene. Or his Shadow.
Main Weapon: Claws
Teddie was once just a Shadow who took an interest to humanity, and developed his own sense of self and ego. The redeemed Shadow took on the form of a cute bear, and helped the Investigation Team as much as he could. His fears that he was empty eventually lead to him developing his own Shadow (despite being a Shadow), and by proxy, a Persona, Kintoki-Douji, and he became one of the team's best fighters.
Tropes related to SOTA!Teddie
Main Weapon: Claws
The next Torakaka, so the Kaka village hopes, Taokaka had ended up teaming up with Ragna the Bloodedge to get to Ikaruga. Along the way, however, she encounters Yu Narukami and Teddie, and becomes fast friends with the latter. Tao spends most of her time being a goofball and valuable ally, but an encounter with a certain entity puts a stop to the fun....
Tropes related to SOTA!Taokaka
- Badass Adorable
- Broken Bird: After what Nyarlathotep does to her.
- Cheerful Child: Not after a certain incident... Though once that's done, she's back being one.
- The Cutie
- The Nicknamer: Aside of the BlazBlue cast, she's now giving one to the whole Persona 4 cast AND their Personas:
- Yu: White Head Guy
- Izanagi: Black Guy
- Teddie: Bear Guy
- Kintoki-Douji: Fat Rocket Guy
- Chie: Kung-Fu Girl
- Kanji: Scary Jacket Dude
- Too Dumb to Fool: Initially, then Nyarlathotep feeds her the Fruit of Knowledge.
Main Weapon: Fan
The heiress of the Amagi Inn, Yukiko was sick and tired of her preset life, and her wants to have a prince 'come and steal her away' lead to her Shadow forming. Yukiko gained her Persona, Konohana-Sakuya, as a result of accepting her Shadow, and happily stayed at the Amagi Inn instead of running away. She ends up in the clutches of the NOL, but luckily, is kept safe by Litchi Faye-Ling, who protects her from the seedier people in NOL, but ends up in the crosshairs of one Tsubaki Yayoi... After saving Tsubaki from her Shadow Labyrinth, they became fast friends and Yukiko usually accompanies her.
Tropes related to SOTA!Yukiko Amagi
Main Weapon: Staff (Mantenbou)
The good doctor of Orient Town, who joined the NOL in desperation after Hazama promised her a cure for her Boundary poisoning (and using Arakune as a bargaining chip), Litchi Faye-Ling soon takes the confused and frightened Yukiko under her wing. Things go from bad to worse for her as she gets captured by Sector Seven, and is almost killed in the chaos. Then, she must face her sins in the form of her other self....
Tropes related to SOTA!Litchi Faye-Ling
- Badass in Distress: For earlier part, until rescued.
- Beware the Nice Ones, Mama Bear: Any that dares endanger those she cared about will be rained with her wrath, as seen in the beginning of Taokaka's Shadow Labyrinth.
- Broken Bird: Things don't go well for her at first, especially her torture. She tried to still stay positive, thankfully.
- Hospital Hottie
- Nice Girl
- Team Mom: First for both Yukiko and Tsubaki, eventually for the other good guys as well.
- Token Good Teammate: She and Tsubaki play this to NOL in the early part of the fic. Then she quitted organization. Still Good, though.
Main Weapon: Sword & Shield (Izayoi)
Born and raised to be a part of the NOL, Tsubaki's goal is to follow justice to the hilt, even though the justice she believes in is a warped perception. Tricked by Hazama and Saya, Tsubaki ended up turning on Noel and Makoto, spurned by her jealousy as Noel got a position that, in another timeline (Wheel of Fortune), Tsubaki had. Now part of the NOL, while Tsubaki is still the good girl underneath, she starts becoming jealous of Yukiko, and her insecurities about justice and her would-be heroism start to bite back....
Tropes related to SOTA!Tsubaki Yayoi
- The Comically Serious: She doesn't get jokes, at all, and easily flustered. Hakurei has noted that she's been like that since she's a child, but that doesn't stop her from teasing her.
- Cool Sword: Izayoi is technically one.
- Green-Eyed Monster: At first she's even jealous at Yukiko for getting too much attention at Litchi.
- Heel-Face Turn: After Shadow Tsubaki, while she hasn't ditched the NOL as a result of her upbringing and loyalty, she's tried to help Yukiko as much as she can.
- Heroic Wannabe: It's clear that Tsubaki wishes to be as great a hero as Hakumen and the Six Heroes.
- Token Good Teammate: Despite her flaws, Tsubaki is definitely one of the nicer NOL members. In fact, she and Yukiko become fast friends post Shadow Labyrinth.
Main Weapon: Double Kunai
Yu Narukami's best friend, Yosuke Hanamura is the son of a manager, one who runs Junes, a chain of department stores. While he has a tendency to run his mouth, he's a good guy, but often feels insecure and lonely. He also loses his crush, Saki Konishi, to the Midnight Channel, and his refusal to admit Saki hated him and that he hated Inaba formed his Shadow, who transformed into Jiraiya. Upon landing in the BlazBlue
world, he ends up in Rachel Alucard's dimension, and soon ends up being something of a protege to Valkenhayn, while also being watched by Rachel as to further understand the power of Persona.
Tropes related to SOTA!Yosuke Hanamura
Main Weapon: Umbrella, Nago & Gii, Sorcery
Rachel Alucard is an observer to the world of BlazBlue
, and is a vampire in the form of a small girl. While extremely powerful, enough to match up to Hazama, and very capable of arranging plots to counter Hazama's own, Rachel's stubbornness and pride lead to more trouble then it's worth and while she does try to help, her aloof nature doesn't help much. However, she gets a hand in the war against Hazama when she comes across Yosuke Hanamura and his Persona power, and so has Valkenhayn train him. She also gets into contact with Philemon, and starts planning with him on how to defeat Hazama and Nyarlathotep for good....
Tropes related with SOTA!Rachel Alucard....
Valkenhayn R. Hellsing
Main Weapon: Fists/Wolf form
Voiced by: Motomu Kiyokawa (Japanese) / Doug Stone (English)
Rachel Alucard's loyal butler, Valkenhayn R. Hellsing was one of the Six Heroes in his youth, and was a valuable friend and ally to Rachel's father, Clavis Alucard. Looking after Rachel as a favor to his friend, Valkenhayn meets Yosuke along with Rachel, and with his brutal training, frightens Yosuke to the point that he brings out Jiraiya. Impressed by the youth's potential, Valkenhayn puts him through grueling training, and for now, is helping Yosuke and Fuuka with Hakumen's Shadow Labyrinth.
Tropes related to SOTA!Valkenhayn R. Hellsing....
Main Weapon: Feet
A resident of Inaba, Chie Satonaka was just a normal girl and the only friend of Yukiko Amagi, as well as a huge Bruce Lee fan. However, her jealousy over Yukiko's beauty and her own inferiority complex lead to the creation of Shadow Chie, who transformed into Tomoe upon acceptance. In the BlazBlue
world, Chie was picked up by Bang, who saw her as a young student to teach the ways of the ninja.
Tropes related to SOTA!Chie Satonaka
Main Weapon: Fists (possibly Nox Nyctores Phoenix Rettenjou)
One of Ikaruga's greatest ninjas, Bang Shishigami was given the Rettenjou by Lord Tenjou on his death, and travels around, trying to avenge his master and kill Jin Kisaragi, while spreading love and justice and trying to woo Litchi. He soon runs into Chie Satonaka on his way to Ikaruga, who he makes into a student of his like he did with Carl and Taokaka. However, when he encounters Hattori and the rest of the Ikarugan forces, his morals are challenged....
Tropes related to SOTA!Bang Shishigami....
Platinum the Trinity
Main Weapon: Magician Staff (Nox Nyctores Muchourin)
Platinum is the result of three souls sharing one body: Luna, a bratty little girl, Sena, a meek, timid boy, and Trinity, one of the Six Heroes. While Luna and Sena are in control for the most part, on rare occasions, Trinity resurfaces, and she influences Luna and Sena to do the right thing. Teaming along with Bang on the journey to Ikaruga, to help him learn more about his Nox Nyctores, they meet Chie. While Platinum has been comic relief so far, she's had her troubles, and is struggling to deal with her split personalities....
Tropes related to SOTA!Platinum the Trinity
Main Weapon: Chair
Despite his thuggish exterior, Kanji Tatsumi has a soft heart, and loves sewing as much as he loves taking punks down. Being labelled 'weird' by everyone, caused Kanji's insecurities to form Shadow Kanji. After Kanji accepted his Shadow, he became Take-Mikazuchi. When Kanji ends up in the BlazBlue
world, he runs into Jin Kisaragi and Jubei, and is quickly taken under Jubei's wing. Unfortunately, he can't stand Jin, and vice-versa, and Jubei has to get them off each other's throats.
Tropes related to SOTA!Kanji Tatsumi....
Main Weapon: Katana (Nox Nyctores Yukianesa)
The younger brother of Ragna the Bloodedge, Jin Kisaragi was brainwashed as a youth and was raised as part of House Kisaragi. Known for stopping the Ikarugan War (by killing Lord Tenjou), Jin turns on the NOL and sets off to find his own path. There, he ends up meeting Kanji Tatsumi, and the two... don't get along. At all. An encounter with Hattori ends up with Jin going berserk at the idea of being a 'baby' towards Ragna, which leads to encountering his Shadow Self....
Tropes related to SOTA!Jin Kisaragi....
- An Ice Person
- The Atoner: Grows into this.
- Berserker Tears: He goes wild as Shadow Jin taunts him, and when Kanji reveals about how to defeat the Shadow... Jin didn't take it well, threatening to kill him and Laughing Mad, and the laugh eventually turns into this trope.
- Cool Sword: Yukianesa, which he's learned to control.
- Headbutting Heroes: Mostly with Kanji, but also with everyone else, as Jin still considered most of them (except a few like Ragna) dumbasses.
- Jerkass: He's as cold as ever, but he starts to melt around the time he meets Shadow Jin, and he does get rather affectionate when he thinks of Tsubaki.
- Psychopathic Manchild: What Hattori implies he is, given his attachment to Ragna. And boy, when he found out the exaggeration given from his Shadow, he didn't take it well... AT ALL.
Main Weapon: Gun
The most recent of a historical line of detectives, Naoto Shirogane is a prodigy known as the Detective Prince, despite being female. She does this so she wasn't underestimated by the Japanese police for her gender, being patronized and bullied as it is for her youth. Her insecurities lead to Shadow Naoto, which in turn lead to Sukuna-Hikona, her Persona. In the BlazBlue
world, she runs into Carl Clover, who is investigating NOL to get revenge on his father, Relius, and soon ends up in the clutches of Hattori's gang. She soon meets up with Persona-user Elly, and the two make an alligence....
Tropes related to SOTA!Naoto Shirogane
Main Weapon: Various tools + Nox Nyctores Nirvana
The son of Relius Clover, Carl Clover was an innocent boy until he found out what his father had done to his mother and sister: turn them into Nox Nyctores. Desperate for revenge against Relius, Carl joined the NOL, then left to become a bounty hunter, using the skills he and Nirvana learned. Pursuing Ragna for his Azure Grimoire in hopes of reviving Ada, his sister, eventually ends in him encountering his father again. He travels to Ikaruga, but along the way, bumps into Naoto Shirogane. After she helps him get through a few violent episodes, he's also together with her in the Ikaruga Resistance headquarters. However, his newfound humanity and his past sins as a cold-blooded murderer are starting to clash and haunt his new conscience...
Tropes related to SOTA!Carl Clover
Main Weapon: N/A
Rise is best known as Risette, the popular teen idol who captured the hearts of the Japanese public. She moved to Inaba to take a break from show business, and her insecurities over her identity (she was unsure who people loved: Rise Kujikawa or Risette, not helped that she was bullied as a child) lead to the ridiculously sexualized Shadow Rise, who turned to Himiko, a scanner-type Persona. In the BlazBlue
world, she ends up meeting Iron Tager, and the two become a fast gelled tag team. They manage to save Noel and Makoto, and the four try to find out what happened to Kokonoe and Sector Seven.
Tropes related to SOTA!Rise Kujikawa
Main Weapon: Dual guns
An awkward, timid young girl, Noel Vermillion was a NOL soldier under Jin Kisaragi, who beat her thanks to her remarkable resemblance to his sister, Saya. Noel is in fact a Murakumo Unit, Mu-12, and upon being saved by Ragna after being tempered by Terumi, Noel goes on a trip with her old friend Makoto Nanaya to Ikaruga, to confront Terumi. However, she encounters the Shadows during a training session, and falls into her Shadow Labyrinth....
Tropes related to SOTA!Noel Vermillion....
- A-Cup Angst: Of course. When Aigis points out her boob size in analysis, she just pointed a gun on her head.
- The Cutie: So much that Rise thinks that if she becomes an Idol Singer, they'd be rivals.
- The Glasses Come Off: She loses her hat in the execution, rumoredly to lead to her CP look.
- Die or Fly: Being almost executed brings out Mu-12.
- I Am a Monster: Even if it's to save people, she'd still reduced to tears when she found out she still has Mu form..
- Super Mode: Mu-12 counts.
Main Weapon: Dual tonfas
Noel's best friend, Makoto is a cheerful Beastkin who seems to be a real go-getter. While she was part of the NOL, in fact, she was a double agent for Sector Seven, and when things are starting to turn south, she gets out of the NOL and takes Noel with her to Ikaruga. When Noel disappears, Makoto is on the manhunt for her, but little does she know that her old issues with racism are popping back up....
Tropes related to SOTA!Makoto Nanaya
Main Weapon: Fists + Magnetism
An Ikarugan man's soul in the body of a cyborg demon, Iron Tager is completely loyal to Kokonoe, and is Sector Seven's top fighter (bar Azrael)
. While doing Kokonoe's dirty work alongside Lambda, Tager soon realized what was at stake, and journeyed to Ikaruga under orders from Kokonoe. He runs into Rise Kujikawa, and quickly forms a successful team with her, and even develops a friendship with the teenager: one that is put to the test later. Even Tager couldn't bear to obey Kokonoe's erratic orders that becomes too destructive, causing Kokonoe to activate a berserker mode inside Tager, which nearly kills Rise. When awakened, the guilt, along with the thoughts of him as a man, or a machine, are confusing him more and more....
Tropes related to SOTA!Iron Tager
- The Berserker: Kokonoe shows why he's the Red Devil, by switching a power up that increases his power greatly, but makes him incoherent overall. And he nearly kills Rise and takes out the entire team.
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: He ponders this while unconscious post Red Devil.
- Gentle Giant: He definitely shows this with Rise.
- The Juggernaut: He mows down Shadows left and right with sheer power.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Post Red Devil mode.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Tager is slowly disturbed with Kokonoe's erratic orders, starting with killing Litchi and Arakune, and eventually topped off with her unreluctance with nukes. Even so, once he got his resolve back, he decided that he'll still save Kokonoe despite the 'wrongness' of her, noting that it's just the same as Litchi trying to save Arakune.
- Unable to Cry: Laments on how he couldn't cry over Akihiko's death when he saw fellow robot Aigis crying.
Main Weapon: Firearms
An Anti-Shadow Weapon, Aigis overcame her programming to gain a human heart, and along with her promise to the Persona 3 Protagonist, chose to live her life to the fullest alongside S.E.E.S.. A member of the Shadow Operatives since then, she was recently reunited with her sister, Labrys, and ends up in the care of House Mutsuki. She's now Hakurei's bodyguard, but is rather suspicious of Hazama....
Tropes related to SOTA!Aigis
Main Weapon: Rapier
The president of the Kirijo Group, Mitsuru took the role from her dead father after he was killed by Shuji Ikutsuki. The official leader of S.E.E.S., Mitsuru used her experience to form the Shadow Operatives, and investigated the Entity case with some aid from Kei Nanjo, where she ended up sneaking into the NOL base. However, she was captured by Relius, whom is using her as a hostage, torturing her until she breaks....
Tropes related to SOTA!Mitsuru Kirijo
- Badass in Distress
- Daddy's Girl: She loves her dead father, and she fears, deep down, she can't be a leader like he was.
- Distressed Damsel: The Entity mocks her over this during her recent state.
- The Leader: While she isn't the strongest Persona-user in the Shadow Operatives, she's very good with politics.
- Worf Had the Flu: Had the bad luck of finding out that her Persona devolved into the initial form and then got pitted with Phantom in her first experience in the BlazBlue world.
Main Weapon: N/A
One of the former members of S.E.E.S., Fuuka assisted in the Labrys case, and found the Midnight Channel playing in her apartment in Port Island. As a result, she ended up in the BlazBlue
world, where she soon bumped into Yosuke and Hakumen. Along the way, while she proves to be effective, a chance encounter with Hazama leads to her losing her Persona and delving into despair....
Tropes related to SOTA!Fuuka Yamagishi....
- The Chick: Tries to get Yosuke and Hakumen to corporate and avoid their ego-clashing.
- The Cutie
- Despair Event Horizon: Losing her Persona really took her down the edge.
- The Load: Hakumen treats her as this after she loses her Persona. Yosuke isn't amused.
Main Weapon: Katana (Nox Nyctores Ookami)
One of the Six Heroes, the legendary Hakumen is in fact an amnesiac Jin Kisaragi, having been put into the Susano-o armor by Rachel Alucard so he could fight against the Black Beast and be a hero. As the Shadows attack the cities, Hakumen steps in to combat them as part of his justice, and while he does his One-Man Army
thing against them, he soon runs into Hazama once again. Upon failing to defeat him once more, Hakumen realizes a contradiction in his ideology, which leads to him regaining his memories, which leads to his Despair Event Horizon....
Tropes related to SOTA!Hakumen
- Despair Event Horizon: He falls into this when he regains some of his memories, combined with the fact that he felt like he's getting weaker.
- Good Is Not Nice: Chie is offended because of his attitude and extreme views.
- Knight Templar
- Light Is Not Good: He's technically on the good side, but his extreme views of right and wrong can become rather skewed.
- Mythology Gag: Perhaps him and Yosuke being a tag team is a reference to Yosuke's Ultimate Persona being Susano-o?
Main Weapon: Fists
A former S.E.E.S. member, Akihiko Sanada initially treated everything as a game and an excuse to hone his strength, obsessed with protecting everyone. Upon the death of his friend Shinjiro Aragaki, and later on the Persona 3 Protagonist, Akihiko realized that he needed to move on and couldn't save everyone. In the BlazBlue
world, he quickly became a member of Sector Seven, but is moreso doing so, so he can reunite with Mitsuru and Aigis. He saves Noel, Rise and Makoto from execution, and is currently assisting them, after cutting ties with Sector Seven on learning that it was a nutjob organization as well. However, he seemingly met his end cruelly during an encounter against Nu-13.
Tropes related to Akihiko Sanada
- Badass: He doesn't get curbstomped by Hazama, for one. Didn't stop him from getting killed off by Nu.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Murdered off-screen against Nu-13
- Rated M for Manly
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: The signs were there when he noticed that despite his orders to execute Litchi, he found her a good woman not worth killing... but then after rescuing Rise and the others, he decided that he couldn't stand the Sector either and quits.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Mocked quite a bit.
- Worf Had the Flu: Like Mitsuru, he's got his Persona reduced into Polydeuces. Subverted that he held up just fine despite that.
Eriko 'Elly' Kirishima
Main Weapon: Rapier
One of the original Persona characters, Eriko Kirishima is a famous model in current times, and has maintained steady popularity throughout the years after her breakthrough in P2. However, when she was transported to the BlazBlue
universe, she ended up becoming young again, with her powers and appearance set to P1. As a result, she has the maturity and personality of the current, 33 year old Eriko in the body of the 17 year old Eriko. She's currently together with the Ikaruga resistance group with Hattori.
Tropes related to SOTA!Eriko Kirishima
Main Weapon: Gauntlets
Voiced by: Toa Yukinari (Japanese) / TBA (English)
The brightest scientist in Sector Seven, daughter of two Six Heroes Jubei and Nine. Kokonoe, however, is engulfed with her blinding desire to kill Terumi to avenge her mother, and for that started to alienate herself from her friends and taking in extreme measures. As of recent, however, Kokonoe has truly gone too far that she didn't care the cost, she had to be the one to kill Terumi, spiting those who betrayed her or dared to reprimand her about her 'Holy War'.
Tropes related to SOTA!Kokonoe
Main Weapon: His own bare hands
Main Weapon: Butterfly Knives + Nox Nyctores Ouroboros
One of the Six Heroes who eventually betrayed them for his own selfish gain. A heartless monster who thrives in seeing other people suffer because of him, thinks so highly on himself and trying to shape the world into a place where everyone kills each other and the only accepted truth is despair. His plans went unhindered even after the arrival of Shadows and he was sure that everything else is playing into his hands. What he didn't know, was that there was something playing behind the scenes...
Tropes related to SOTA!Hazama
- Obviously Evil: Doesn't take a genius to deduce.
- Troll: Of course
- Smug Snake: He went as far as claiming himself to be greater than Lovecraftian Horrors like Azathoth, Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep... whoops.
- Smug Super: But even then, he still had enough power to wipe the floor with even the Persona heroes.
Main Weapon: Contraptions + Nox Nyctores 'Detonator' Ignis
Main Weapon: Magic
Voiced by: N/A
Main Weapon: Weaponry installed (tons of swords)
The Crawling Chaos, the collective subconscious of all of humanity's evil. He once succeeded in blowing up the whole world and turned it into a living hell, and was nearly able to repeat the process, but was stopped by a group of Persona users guided by Philemon, and was sealed. However, As Long as There Is Evil
, he could come back... which came true when he gathered enough evil and sufferings generated by Terumi in the BlazBlue
world, and brought forth the Shadow Labyrinths. Most of the time, he stays in the Shadows, but there were times he took form of something else to generate chaos to the world.
Tropes associated with SOTA!Nyarlathotep
Non-Original Supporting Cast
Main Weapon: Misc.
Persona: Aizen Myouou
The personification of humanity's goodness, Philemon resides in the Collective Unconscious, where he watches over humanity in all its forms. Initially just an overseer, he made a bet with his opposite, Nyarlathotep, to test humanity's potential: would they become a higher being (Philemon), or would they lead themselves to destruction (Nyarlathotep)? While Nyarlathotep (mostly) played by the rules in Persona 1, manipulating only a few people to start the world's end (Takahisa Kandori and to an extent Maki Sonomura), Philemon granted a group of teenagers the power of Persona. However, in Persona 2, Nyarlathotep coyly manipulated everything, from Philemon's new champions to humanity itself, into the end of the world. While this was eventually rectified, Philemon stayed by the sidelines for Persona 3 and 4 (and only granted a few people advanced Persona powers), and with Nyarlathotep using the BlazBlue
world's despair, he has now decided to intervene once again, this time, hoping he can make up for his mistake from Persona 2.
Tropes related to SOTA!Philemon....
- Animal Motifs: The butterfly.
- The Atoner: He does show regret for what happened to Tatsuya Suou, and is striving to make sure neither an apocalypse nor death (the P3 Protagonist) awaits Yu and friends.
- Big Good: A far more convincing one this time.
- Friend to All Living Things
- Nice Guy: Something picked up on by Rachel's familiars.
Voiced by: ???? (Japanese) / Dan Woren
Voiced by: Sayaka Ohara
(Japanese) / Michelle Ann Dunphy (English)
Original Characters - Ikaruga Resistance
The son of Lord Tenjou who hid within Ikaruga and executes a lot of covert resistances. A brooding young man with tendency to explode when particularly pissed, he held a grudge against Bang Shishigami for ruining the concept of 'ninja', leaving Ikaruga and being chosen to inherit the Phoenix Rettenjou. Has a lot of ninja weaponry in his disposal.
- A Father to His Men: His few good quality is that he does care for those fighting under him and would do his best to protect them... but God help you if he declares you an enemy, sellout or traitor.
- Badass Normal: Abhors the usage of Ars Magus and is a competent ninja on his own.
- Combat Pragmatist: He gives middle-finger to 'honor' and all related stuffs and would use traps, feigning pain or attacking downed enemies to exterminate them.
- Darker and Edgier: This son of Tenjou wasn't following the path of Generation Xerox of other fan works, which got him as virtuous and honorable. He is instead dark, brooding, cold hearted, unstable and not exactly good.
- Evil Redhead: Has red hair, and while not outright evil, he's pretty dark, edgy, pragmatic and not a shining example of goodness.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Is jealous and spiteful on Bang on many things.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After Hattori Hanzō.
- Ninja: Not a visible one. In fact, the concept of Highly-Visible Ninja pisses him off.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Towards Jin.
- Say My Name: "Shishigami... Bang... Shishigami... BAAAAAAANNNGGG!!!"
- Shock and Awe: Has a Lightning jutsu.
- Weapon of Choice: Basically, he's loaded with ninja weaponry.
A ninja in service of Hattori. A normal-built man who seems to have bad luck in regards of women, mostly by being the victim of Unsettling Gender-Reveal
A kunoichi in service of Hattori.
A big bald ninja in service of Hattori.
Original Characters - House Mutsuki
The head of the Mutsuki clan of the Duodecim family. Actually a serene, noble-hearted if spacy women who truly cared for her subordinates and had a longing suspicion towards NOL's management as of late. She has control over the earth, capable of making giant ground fists appear on the ground with a swing on her hand, thanks to the Ars Armagus Kurotsuchi.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Is rather spacy, even calling Hazama is an alien staging for invasion, and may say very 'off' things and even considers, but...
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: She had a lot of insight and is working on fixing the problems within NOL, in a serious manner
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: She deduced rightfully that Terumi is truly an alien/parasite to the NOL that needs to be ridden off if NOL is about to fix their image.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Her Ars Armagus Kurotsuchi has the power to manipulate the ground.
- Expy: Design-wise, she's designed with Takane Shijou on mind. Role-wise, she's sort of an 'inverted' Expy of Belioz Mutsuki from At Fate's Hand.
- Heroic RROD: Has yet to happen, but overuse of Kurotsuchi will eventually get her Taken for Granite.
- Mundane Utility: Hakurei is able to listen what the Earth heard using Kurotsuchi. However, since most of the things heard by Earth were mostly useless, she rarely uses this ability... until at one point, Terumi's DESPAIR rant got 'recorded'...
- The Ojou
- Reasonable Authority Figure
- The Tease
A would-be soldier that was drafted to be a soldier to serve the Mutsuki clan. However, Hakurei instead made him a scientist and he became the overseer of Aigis' re-awakening. An overall kind and decent scientist.
- Informed Ability: Hazama insists that Helios' got hidden talent in combat and he should be put in the frontline for that while all he wanted is to become a scientist. Of course, Hakurei didn't buy Hazama's shit.
- Nice Guy: Unlike other Mad Scientist out there.
Original Characters - Sector Seven
A leader of a Sector Seven squad meant to execute traitors of Sector Seven. He's assigned to capture and send Litchi into execution for the treason of merely joining NOL. His plans and missions were eventually thwarted by Kanji and Jin, while Jubei killed him.
Original Characters - Shadow Selves
"I am a shadow. The true self... Humanity only serves to hold back this awesome power! Now, I think I'll use it on you for test runs!"
The Shadow of Ragna. Born out of Ragna's doubts that he would be able to defeat Terumi while keeping his humanity. The Shadow considers everything to defeat Terumi, even if it means breaking promises and killing everyone not involved. His Shadow Labyrinth is a huge graveyard, symbolizing the people he's prepared to kill for his goal. Ironically, he took form of the one Ragna is fearing the most: ghosts
. His transformed form is similar to a miniature Black Beast, with Ragna's head attached to each of them.
Tropes related to Shadow Ragna....
- Orochi: As a miniature Black Beast, just with Ragna's heads. It's still a 9-headed Serpent.
- Who's Laughing Now?: What he aims for: He's gotten sick of being played for chumps by Terumi all the time that he sought anything to finally make a payback.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: His initial form is that of a ghost.
"I am a Shadow... the true self... Anyone that pisses me off... should just die... starting from you!"
The Shadow of Noel. Born from Noel's low self-esteem that she's only bringing trouble to everyone she's close about. The Shadow did point out one thing she's good at: Destroying things, and urges Noel to just embrace the thoughts rather than having needed to be prodded to that direction by Terumi, as she already hated enough people as is. Her Shadow Labyrinth is a destroyed lab, the same lab that Noel was created by Relius. She took form of Mu-12, except rather than speaking robotic, she spoke in a very crass language. Her transformed form is, again, Mu-12, with much more weaponry and power.
Tropes related to Shadow Noel....
"I am a Shadow. The true self... I've worked hard to make it this far... and I demand appreciation! Any of you who would not give that to me, or even dare steal those from me... shall be executed!"
The Shadow of Tsubaki. Born out of Tsubaki's desire to be appreciated, citing that Tsubaki did everything, including lashing out at Noel, taking the NOL side, being cold to Yukiko, not for upholding justice, but to get attention, even from questionable people like Terumi. The Shadow desires any attention, even if nefarious attentions like a 'Mass Murderer'. Her Labyrinth is a grand hall of heroes where there were many broken statues of heroes and Tsubaki's friends, symbolizing her jealousy over their attention. She took the form of Tsubaki adorned with various medals of honor, while she transformed into a succubus-like creature with Tsubaki on the head.
Tropes related to Shadow Tsubaki....
The Shadow of Makoto born from her Fantastic Racism
issues. She called Makoto out that she couldn't hide all those racism issues forever and still held it, the 'befriending' with Noel and Tsubaki was nothing but a lie, Noel being befriended because she's not human and she plans to use her for her own benefits, as well as claiming that she should be a mindless, thought-free berserker
. She has no Shadow Labyrinth, appearing on Noel's instead. Like Chie, she only took form of the normal Makoto with just golden eyes, and her Shadow form is basically a much more feral, beast-like Makoto.
Tropes related to Shadow Makoto
- Demoted to Extra: Compared to the other Shadows, it seems that Shadow Makoto has not a lot of development and details. Future rectifying reconsidered.
- Fantastic Racism: She still holds an intense grudge over humanity for her poor treatment.
- Green-Eyed Monster
- Manipulative Bitch: Shadow Makoto accuses Makoto of being this to Noel, manipulating her so she could use Noel's Murakumo powers to get revenge on humanity.
- The Berserker
"I am a Shadow... The true self... Nobody's getting between me and the attention of my brother! Anyone who's in the way should die!"
The Shadow of Jin from his constant affection of Ragna, no matter what form. He declares that Jin only felt alive when near his brother and everything he does was instead half-assed because it was meant for his brother's attention or praise. Thus he dissuades that Jin is a perpetual baby and should drop whatever half-assed efforts he did (such as trying to become a hero) and just concentrate on a direct approach on getting his brother's attention, which includes ditching everyone else and possibly killing them. His Shadow Labyrinth takes place in a huge baby playground, featuring a lot of broken toys, with only Ragna-related toys being in perfect form, symbolizing his ignorance over everything else while giving a great grandeur to his brother. He took form of a naked Jin wearing a diaper for an adult, with a katana with a handle similar to a baby's pacifier. His Shadow form is an ice-bodied knight and horse with a hugeass ice katana, and said horse was more similar to a baby horse rocker seen in the Jotun type of Shadows.
Tropes related to Shadow Jin....
"I am a Shadow... The true self... Only Lotte Carmine, my obsession, matters in this world. Anyone who can't help preserve him or even belittle him, like you all... can go die for all I care!"
The Shadow of Litchi, appearing due to her constant determination and desperation to cure Lotte. She's one-dimensional and thinks that everything she did was for Lotte, and has no regrets in joining forces with Obviously Evil
characters like Terumi and Relius, betraying everyone and making them suffer if it will just save Lotte, exemplifying all of the flaws love can make people
, but she didn't care, thinking that it might make her look 'tragic' and 'romantic'. Her Shadow Labyrinth is what is referred as her paradise: Litchi's old clinic ruined, filled with Arakune-like goo, located in a red-skied Orient Town in ruins, adorned with the screams of terror of the townspeople and the sound of fire burning, as well as having a lot of giant spikes impaling nearly all of the people there, and the people that cared for Litchi (Bang, Carl, Taokaka, etc) and those who insults her quest to save Arakune (Kokonoe, Rachel), missing out those who can help her (Terumi, Relius). She took form of Litchi wearing a pajama, without Lao Jiu and holding an Arakune plushie, all signifying her refusal to move on from the past. It also shows in her Shadow form, a giant figure of Litchi covered with Arakune goo and covered with a lot of Arakune faces, chained in its place with her wrists an ankles dripping with goo like bleeding, also showing her attempts to look 'tragic'.
Tropes related to Shadow Litchi....
- Hates Being Alone: She rants this before being accepted back. In a nutshell, she was acting like this because Litchi has been so self-destructive in her efforts to save Arakune that she feared of being left alone or being 'sacrificed'.
- Love Martyr: In all the wrong ways, and she was damn proud being one (or thinking she's one). Leading to...
- Psychopathic Womanchild: If the pajamas are anything to go by. It also goes with her theme of choosing to be stuck on the past. On being defeated, she was bawling like a little brat.
- Single-Target Sexuality: She's Arakunesexual, and goes REALLY far for it.
"I am a Shadow... The true self... I only serve justice and the way of Ikaruga. You inhuman scums who stand between them... There is no escape, prepare to die."
The Shadow of Bang, coming out from how he began to doubt his role as a hero and defender of Ikaruga once Hattori told him how much he's disappointing Ikaruga instead. The Shadow is a fanatical Ikaruga supporter that would slay and execute any enemy and anyone who doesn't agree with his ideals, even the innocents, also preferring that he would claim the land for himself and 'Ikaruga', standing on the top and ruling it with his twisted ideals. He calls out that these were Bang's hidden desires beneath his hero of justice persona, claiming that it was only a mask to appeal to the people, even if he had to annoy Hattori, and with the mindset, he looks more like the Big Bad
. His Shadow Labyrinth is a giant castle which is decorated with how his nation would look like, without the 'hero mask' on. He took form of Bang adorned with dull ninja garb, while wearing a dark samurai kabuto which resembles the helmet of Darth Vader
. His Shadow form is a multi-armed giant samurai, wearing a chest plate adorned with the heads of many of the executed ones, with Jin Kisaragi's head on the center, showing his hatred for these people... along with Litchi Faye-Ling's head at the chest plate's back, as to show his utter disappointment and hatred for her joining NOL.
Tropes related to Shadow Bang....
"I am a Shadow... the true self... Are you asking me to take responsibility of my actions? Never! I'll kill you so I don't have to take it anymore!"
The Shadow of Taokaka, made possible because Taokaka was forced to consume the Fruit of Knowledge. Taking form of an obese Taokaka at first, this Shadow is extremely gluttonous, believing that she just wants to spend all day just to sleep and eat, and hates being disturbed with the thing called 'responsibility', preferring such lazy lifestyle and calling out Taokaka about using it solely for looking cool when in truth, she's not ready and deathly afraid to take on responsibility. She's so lazy that she doesn't care if she's eating her own kin, fellow Kaka kittens. Her Shadow form is a huge, bipedal demonic lion-like Taokaka, with overbloated body with mouths containing More Teeth than the Osmond Family
all over her body, and the face of Taokaka, just instead of innocent, it was more beastly and has tons of sharp teeth. Her Shadow Labyrinth at first takes form of something of a common Level Ate
... but the true nature hidden within was the ruins of the Kaka village. And when Shadow Taokaka becomes berserk, it becomes something of a grotesque place resembling Womb Level
with some walls or grounds having giant mouths, with More Teeth than the Osmond Family
Tropes related to Shadow Tao....
"I am a Shadow... the true self... Behold at the many things I am capable of on my own... including your deaths!"
The Shadow of Fuuka, encountered in Hakumen's Shadow Labyrinth. The Shadow accuses Fuuka of being so utterly useless and not being seen as herself, but as 'the girl who wields Lucia/Juno', in short she was only looked at for her powers, not herself. When evolved, the Shadow is a grotesque reversal of Lucia, with the bubbles on the above, the head and body floating and mummified, etc... Making matters worse, this Shadow is like a souped up Shadow Rise: Alongside predicting and dodging every of the enemy's attacks, it's capable of predicting the enemy's weak point and bombard them with it, immobilizing the enemy until death.
Tropes related to Shadow Fuuka....
"I am the Shadow… the true self. Only through power can justice be reached… You and your weak ideals will be swept by mine!"
The Shadow of Hakumen, separate from Jin. He took form of a caveman with Hakumen's mask, and when torn off, it revealed the face of Jin. The Shadow claims that he and Hakumen followed the philosophy of the strongest one lives and is the justice of the world, effectively making him a Social Darwinist
, believing that if he only had the majority of the powers, he could stomp Terumi flat, but because Terumi always outwitted him, then justice must be on Terumi's side, something that Hakumen refused to accept. And without power, there's nothing he could protect either, thus he becomes obsessed with more power. His Shadow Labyrinth took form in a desolate desert, a result of his power-mad quest to rid the world of everything weak (which is the majority of the world). When berserked, he turned into a Tyrannosaurus rex
with parts of Hakumen's armors in it, both that and his caveman normal form signifying that even if there are new forms of justice, Hakumen refused to move on and stuck in his past definition of justice.
Tropes related to Shadow Hakumen...