We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Characters: Shadowhunter Peril Warlocks
The Warlocks of Shadowhunter Peril
Go back to the Character Index here
open/close all folders
Veronica Marie Carter
Played by The Doomsday Architect
Veronica is probably the zaniest member of the Resistance—she is a warlock, and therefore has near-limitless potential for magical power, but chooses not to use it for as-yet-unexplained reasons. It has been confirmed she is clinically insane, but what kind of mental disorder she has remains to be seen.
In the Alternate Universe
, Veronica has been corrupted by Valentine's essence, which escaped from the book just before she finished trapping him inside it. Two years have passed, and she now rules even an even worse Crapsack World
than Valentine did.
Tropes that apply to Veronica in the canon storyline
- Action Girl: Despite her uncontrollable nature, Veronica can actually kick some ass when she manages to focus on something for more than three seconds. See BFS.
- Affectionate Nickname: She calls Bezaliel "Beza".
- Animal Eyes: She has slit pupils.
- Ax-Crazy: Often combined with Genki Girl. Veronica can be very, very homicidal if she gets ticked off.
- Bazooka Frenzy
- Beta Couple: With Bezaliel.
- BFG: She has a bazooka called Big Bertha.
- BFS: Veronica LOVES these. She has a claymore.
- Breakout Character: Along with Etzel, Ethan, Dieter, Nicholas, Umbra, Bezaliel, Kitty, and Puriel, she became recognized as one of the more popular characters and the entire group was upgraded to the main cast.
- Combat Tentacles: Her homemade pies sprout these. If you manage to kill the thing that lives inside them, they are actually quite tasty.
- Confusion Fu: Word Of God says that Veronica is actually one of the worst fighters of the series, but she makes up for her lack of skill by being completely unpredictable.
- Cute and Psycho: This is probably the first thing that people are aware of about her when they first meet her.
- Establishing Character Moment: Greets May (a stranger at the time) with a hug, then blows a whistle to call all nearby demons and kill them with her as a bonding exercise.
- Girl with Psycho Weapon: She's often pulled a bazooka on her allies for absolutely no reason. Either the bazooka or her demonic pies.
- Genki Girl: She's often tired out other people just by being near them. Often combined with Ax Crazy for disturbing, hilarious events.
- Guy on Guy Is Hot: The main (if not only) reason for her trying to get Nicholas and Umbra together was so she could make a sex tape of them.
- Large Ham: Sweet Jesus yes.
"INTO THE PURSE. NOW."
- Leeroy Jenkins
- Mama Bear: One of the few moments where Veronica got scary rather than crazy. When Ethan was poisoned twice in succession by the incompetence of other members of the Resistance, Veronica lost it, threatening to cut out every single one of Dave's organs while still keeping him alive, and then finally slicing him into pieces. She even scared Puriel.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Too many examples of this to list, really.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: The Masculine Girl to Bezaliel's Feminine Boy.
- Motor Mouth: To the point where Lilith wanted to impale herself on her own sword.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant
- Off Screen Moment Of Awesome: Stealing the Book of Red from Lilith behind her back before the stroy started.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: They're red-gold, and she's not as intimidating as the other examples on that page, but still.
- Shipper on Deck: Was a huge fan of Umbra/Nicholas even before they realized their feelings for each other.
- Ship Tease: With Bezaliel. There was also a pretty blatant one between her and Etzel when he walked in on her naked and she acted like nothing was wrong. For that matter, neither did Etzel.
- Trigger Happy: Stalling a fight with Veronica may keep you alive longer, but it also manages to piss her off more, and she'll more than likely try to shoot you. If you survive an encounter with her but are now marked as an Arch-Enemy in her book, and you happen to meet her again, expect to be greeted by a Click Hello.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend
- Yaoi Fangirl
Tropes that apply to Veronica in the alternate universe
A 900 year old warlock, Osiris is a wandering warrior who joins up with the Resistance near beginning of the final battle. Not much is known about him currently.
Tropes that apply to Osiris