General tropes associated with them:
The main character. She is a ditsy schoolgirl who finds herself transported to an alternate Feudal Japan made up of women. She often brings a lot of modern ethics to this time, including finding uses for her mobile phone despite not being able to get a reception. She is made Oda's retainer after showing skill with a staff. She is nicknamed "Hideyoshi" after Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
A male dog which wears a feudal helmet and has the ability to talk, though he only talks around Hideyoshi. He is knowledgeable about the world and time, and the fact Hideyoshi is not from it.
A feudal lord who desires to gather pieces of a mystical armor to unite the nations. She is short tempered and violent. She wields a large sword and appears to be able to control flames.
Nobunaga's humble aide, who is often bemused at her acceptance of Hideyoshi's odd behavior and appears to secretly be infatuated with Oda. To this end, she is prepared to do whatever it takes to "make Nobunaga happy", which is why she is willing to acquire the Crimson Armor set on her feudal lord's behalf. Subsequently, she is also jealous, at times, with Hide's interactions with Nobunaga. She bears a resemblance to one of Hideyoshi's classmates from her time. Her weapon of choice is kunai.
Voiced by: Mai Nakahara
(game), Yuka Hirata (anime) (Japanese), Genevieve Simmons (English)
A warrior affiliated with Nobunaga and Mitsuhide. She is secretly Hideyoshi's teacher.
A feudal lord who wields a large fan and seems to control wind and fire. She owns a section of the Crimson Armor and is friends/rivals with Kenshin. She is rather awkward in expressing herself. She appears to be unaware of the power of the Armor.
- Blow You Away/Playing with Fire
- Friendly Rival: With Uesugi Kenshin. Hideyoshi even lampshades this when they're first introduced, something that is later confirmed by their actions towards one another. They fight, they throw insults around, but they have great respect for one another as combatants as well as friends, and — up until Nobunaga intervened — had only fought one another to the point where they were fighting because they had so much fun.
- Honor Before Reason: When she was bested by Nobunaga in combat, she asked that she take her life, because she had shamed herself and the Takeda Clan with this defeat to someone other than her rival. Thankfully, Kenshin intervened on her behalf and prevented her friend's death.
- Paper Fan of Doom: In relation to her legendary duel with Kenshin, Shingen's signature weapon is a gunbai war fan, primarily used to signal troops, though here, she uses it to control her fire and wind abilities, and as a thrusting/stabbing weapon.
- The Rival: To Uesugi Kenshin, much like in history.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: She sees her rivalry with Kenshin as this.
A feudal lord who wields a spear and utilizes lightning. She owns a section of the Crimson Armor and is friends/rivals with Shingen. She appears to be unaware of the power of the Armor.
- Blade on a Stick
- Friendly Rival: To Takeda Shingen. Hideyoshi even lampshades this when they're first introduced, something that is later confirmed by their actions towards one another. They fight, they throw insults around, but they have great respect for one another as combatants as well as friends, and — up until Nobunaga intervened — had only fought one another to the point where they were fighting because they had so much fun. When Nobunaga bested Shingen in battle and nearly took her head, Kenshin stepped in and offered both her head and her portion of the Crimson Armor to Nobunaga, in exchange for Shingen's life, all but stating that they were friends. She never said it directly, but you could tell by her tone of voice and her expression.
- The Rival: To Takeda Shingen.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: She sees her friendly rivalry with Shingen as this, to the point of offering her own life and portion of the Crimson Armor to Nobunaga after the latter bested Shingen in combat and nearly took her head.
- Shock and Awe
- Spam Attack: Raiko Rengetsu-o (Lightning Spear Flurry).
A feudal lord whose primary weapon is a yumi. She owned the left leg of the Crimson Armor but lost it to Nobunaga in a game. She is often bored and considers Nobunaga "fun". To her, Tokugawa is nothing short of a cute little sister. In episode 7, she is revealed to be a yuri fan.
Yoshimoto's retainer, who wields a priestess staff and magic in battle. Despite letting on as gentle and obedient, Tokugawa is actually manipulative and also after the Crimson Armor. She bears a resemblance to one of Hideyoshi's classmates.
A ninja who serves Ieyasu.
- Butt Monkey: Poor Hanzo. She suffers the same devotion that Aki-ren has, but unlike Nobunaga's obliviousness, Ieyasu is just plain mean and insulting.
- Nerd Glasses
- Faceless: In episode 11, "Hanzo" turns out to refer to about seventeen identically-clad shinobi.
Voiced by: Kanae Oki (Japanese), Allison Sumrall (English)
- BFG: Her Don Frankie cannon.
Voiced by: Yuka Hirata (Japanese), Genevieve Simmons (English)