General tropes associated with them:
Yoshino "Hideyoshi" Hide
- Animal Motif: The Monkey
- Giant Waist Ribbon
- Girlish Pigtails/Odango
- The Heart
- Martial Arts Headband
- Punny Name
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
Voiced by: Yukari Tamura (game), Megumi Toyoguchi (anime) (Japanese), Shelley Calene-Black (English)A feudal lord who desires to gather pieces of a mystical armor to unite the nations. She is short tempered and violent. She wields a large sword and appears to be able to control flames.
- Absolute Cleavage
- Badass Cape
- Calling Your Attacks
- Chainmail Bikini
- Dark Is Not Evil: Interestingly enough, this is one of the few examples of a non-villainous Oda Nobunaga in fiction. Instead of being a heartless conqueror bent on uniting the warring states under her rule as a cruel dictator, Nobunaga instead wants to unify Japan into a single entity to stop their territories' needless cycles of war, and become a strong nation. However, she learns through her quest for the incredible power of the Crimson Armor that power in and of itself does not make a great leader.
- Action Girl
- BFS: Her Cruel Blade.
- Evil Laugh
- Facial Markings
- Fiery Redhead
- High Collar of Doom
- Oblivious to Love: Does not notice Mitsuhide's affections for her.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- Unusual Eyebrows
- Vapor Wear
- Blind Without 'Em: As we learn when Nobunaga "punishes" her for disobeying orders.
- Girls Are Really Scared Of Horror Stories
- Knife Nut: Wields a kunai and has a very creepy look when sharpening it.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: On some occassions, showing off her jealousy of Hideyoshi for being the favorite of Nobunaga.
- Subordinate Excuse
- Yandere: Type 1
- Big Bad Ensemble: With Tokugawa Ieyasu.
- Eyepatch of Power: Obviously.
- Hot Teacher
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Blow You Away/Playing with Fire
- Friendly Rival: With Uesugi Kenshin. Hideyoshi even lampshades this when they're first introduced, something that is later confirmed by their actions towards one another. They fight, they throw insults around, but they have great respect for one another as combatants as well as friends, and — up until Nobunaga intervened — had only fought one another to the point where they were fighting because they had so much fun.
- Honor Before Reason: When she was bested by Nobunaga in combat, she asked that she take her life, because she had shamed herself and the Takeda Clan with this defeat to someone other than her rival. Thankfully, Kenshin intervened on her behalf and prevented her friend's death.
- Paper Fan of Doom: In relation to her legendary duel with Kenshin, Shingen's signature weapon is a gunbai war fan, primarily used to signal troops, though here, she uses it to control her fire and wind abilities, and as a thrusting/stabbing weapon.
- The Rival: To Uesugi Kenshin, much like in history.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: She sees her rivalry with Kenshin as this.
- Blade on a Stick
- Friendly Rival: To Takeda Shingen. Hideyoshi even lampshades this when they're first introduced, something that is later confirmed by their actions towards one another. They fight, they throw insults around, but they have great respect for one another as combatants as well as friends, and — up until Nobunaga intervened — had only fought one another to the point where they were fighting because they had so much fun. When Nobunaga bested Shingen in battle and nearly took her head, Kenshin stepped in and offered both her head and her portion of the Crimson Armor to Nobunaga, in exchange for Shingen's life, all but stating that they were friends. She never said it directly, but you could tell by her tone of voice and her expression.
- The Rival: To Takeda Shingen.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: She sees her friendly rivalry with Shingen as this, to the point of offering her own life and portion of the Crimson Armor to Nobunaga after the latter bested Shingen in combat and nearly took her head.
- Shock and Awe
- Spam Attack: Raiko Rengetsu-o (Lightning Spear Flurry).
- Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon: Pretty much.
- Big Bad Ensemble: With Date Masamune
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Facial Markings: In the game and the anime.
- Giant Waist Ribbon
- Manipulative Bitch
- Slasher Smile: Flashes one every once in a while, most notable when she threatens to kill Date for the armor.
Voiced by: Akeno Watanabe (Japanese), Kris Carr (English)A ninja who serves Ieyasu.
- Butt-Monkey: Poor Hanzo. She suffers the same devotion that Mitsuhide has, but unlike Nobunaga's obliviousness, Ieyasu is just plain mean and insulting.
- Nerd Glasses
- Faceless Mooks/Actually Four Mooks: In episode 11, "Hanzo" turns out to refer to about seventeen identically-clad shinobi.
Voiced by: Miyu Matsuki (Japanese), Kris Carr (English)
Voiced by: Kanae Oki (Japanese), Allison Sumrall (English)
- BFG: Her Don Frankie cannon.
- Genius Bonus: Her entire appearance is full of subtle clues to the history of the real life Otomo clan. The Otomo clan were among the first Japanese to convert to Christianity, hence she wears a cross and carries a European cannon instead of a traditional weapon like the other characters.
Voiced by: Yuka Hirata (Japanese), Genevieve Simmons (English)