Characters: Seitokai no Ichizon
A character sheet for the anime Seitokai no Ichizon.
Our protaganist, Sugisaki Ken is the "Blue Chip" seat. Turning his grades around from last to first he takes one of the Vice President positions on the Student Council. His eroge and h-game based brain constantly tries to turn the council into his harem. However, underneath the supposed lazy and carefree exterior lies a hard worker who constantly tries to keep the ladies of the Student Council happy.
- The Atoner: After Kenīs two-timing hurt his stepsister, not only did he not defend himself against his classmates' bullying, he even asked for it.
- In truth, he didn't two time at all - it was mostly due to his misplaced guilty conscience. His stepsister went into depression when Ken, who she was in love with, started dating his childhood friend. The couple broke up when Ken spent more time taking care of his stepsister. He couldn't make both happy. Each of the girls in the student council saved him during his first year of high school. Joining the student council is his way of showing his gratitude toward them with the belief he can keep everyone happy this time.
- Big Brother Instinct
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Although for the most part he acts like a perverted idiot, he actually does care about his fellow club mates and helps them out, not to mention he was able to join the club because he had the top scores in the school. Made even more so in episode 3 when asked if the rumors that he was two-timing during junior high were true, he calmly answered yes instead of denying it, causing the reporter to eventually give up publishing it.
- Butt Monkey: Due to his pervertedness, he's often on the receiving end of either physical attacks by the girls, or verbal ones mostly in the case of Chizuru.
- Chick Magnet: The second season establishes that despite how the student council girls treat him, he's actually very popular with girls. In the OVA packaged with one of the later volumes, he gets dozens of chocolate, though he's upset that the four girls he counts as his actual friends seem to be ignoring him due to various accidents that get in their way.
- Chivalrous Pervert: It's implied that at least some of Ken's behavior is an act. He's shown himself quite willing to get himself into bad situations to spare the rest of the council.
- To clarify he does almost all of the paper work for the council just so he can create a good environment for the girls to hang out in.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: He starts to feel this way when a male student starts talking to Minatsu in episode 4 of season 2. However, he holds it in and instead goes to the next class to get the surveys they were collecting.
- Harem Seeker: and proud of it! He really wants this harem, enough for an academically average boy like him to study hard enough to get the grades necessary to get into the council.
- According to the manga, academically he was actually second-from-last among the school's 700 students, but studied really hard to get the "blue chip" seat on the council.
- In the game you will need to take each route before doing so.
- Possible subversion in that it's possible that while his intention of making them all happy is true, the way he goes about it was intended to keep them from falling in love with him by acting perverted. His reaction to Mafuyu actually admitting she liked him was a mixture of surprise and distress. He wants to make them happy, but doesn't want to end up in a situation like before or may simply feel unworthy.
- Hidden Depths
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He is definitely a big time pervert and almost always deserves any punishment dished to him for it. Despite that, he actually does student council things after the other girls leave for the day.
- Mistaken for Pedophile
- OOC Is Serious Business:
- In Episode 7, his being too tired to be perverted is partly what convinces Kurimu to have them go to Tokyo.
- And in episode 8, after telling Erisu he'd marry her and wouldn't care how she looked when she got older, Kurimu gets a little upset at his response, thinking Ken only wants women for their looks. Though he tries to clarify what he meant, his response to her only seems to get the other girls jealous that he's going for the "main heroine" route, and when he tries to claim the "harem route" again, Kurimu gets upset at him again.
- Pet the Dog: Though he was sick and at home during this moment, in episode 11 of season 1, the girls decide to pay him a visit. Along the way they're stopped by two boys who identify themselves as classmates of his in middle school. The boys immediately start berating and badmouthing him, and telling them about what how they essentially ostracized him during the last year of middle school due to his cheating scandal. However, the girls earlier that afternoon realized how much work he actually does by himself when they attempted to do the paperwork he does every day for them. They end up defending him against the two boys, and punish them a bit too for what they did to him. He later wakes up to find the girls cleaning up his apartment, and making him some food to help him get better.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Of H-Games no less!
- Stepford Smiler: Recent chapters and episodes imply that Ken's happy-go-lucky persona is a defense mechanism to keep him from a severe emotional trauma from back in junior high, and not his actual personality.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Arguably subverted, possibly even a Double Subversion.
Voiced by: Mariko Honda
The Student Council President
, Sakurano Kurimu's use of the Student Council is to take over the world! However, she is easily distracted by Ken and is affectionally taken care of by Chizuru. This usually results in her being distracted and no work getting done by the council. Still like the season of spring she represents, she is first in suggesting ideas and always looks forward to the bigger picture.
- A-Cup Angst: Absolutely hates this, especially when Chizuru's ample bust is discussed in comparison.
- A God I Am: An occasional god complex is Played for Laughs
- Book Dumb: Quite evident in episode 8 of season 1. She gets quizzed on some seemingly easy stuff, but gets them all wrong. And when Minatsu tries a simple math problem, Kurimu keeps adding unnecessary drama to the question to bypass it. In contrast, Erisu, Lilicia's younger sister, managed to get the correct answer while Kurimu kept dodging it.
- Brick Joke: Why Ken is a H-Game addict is because she suggested he plays visual novels when they first met.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She's quite jealous of Erisu/Elise, Lilicia's younger sister, in episode 8 of season 1 after Ken is forced to pay a lot of attention to her. She also breaks up the long, awkward handshake between Ken and Chizuru in the next episode. Chizuru claimed whichever girl broke up the handshake first was the most jealous, causing her to vehemently deny any feelings for him. And she does it both times they do the handshake.
- Genki Girl
- Idiot Hair
- In-Series Nickname/Everyone Calls Her Barkeep: Kaichou/Pres
- Meaningful Name: Sakurano - Cherry-blossom field = Spring
- Moe Moe: In-Universe acknowledgement. It lets her get away with an awful lot.
- Morality Pet: For Chizuru. Strong emphasis on pet. Or possibly mindslave.
- The Napoleon: She absolutely hates her short size and how the others keep joking about it at her expense. Her doing kid things doesn't help either, such as playing in a sandbox despite being a high schooler.
- Older Than They Look: She's high school aged, but due to her short size, some people mistakenly or purposely assume she's still a kid.
- Token Mini-Moe
- Student Council President
- Sweet Tooth
Voiced by: Yuka Saito (Season 1), Mina (Season 2)
The secretary of the council, Akaba Chizuru is calm, cool and collected. It always seems she has other plans running in the background. Whether they are sinister or not only she knows. She isn't without her vices though. Chizuru is extremely affectionate to her Aka-chan and isn't below dressing up as a sheep. Like her season of autumn, she does seem a bit gloomy but there's an elegance to her that no one else of the Student Council can match.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Chizuru tends be quiet, snarky and more emotionally distant than the other girls, though it's implied that she's invoking it. Back in middle school she doesn't seem to have acted like this.
- Beware the Nice Ones: While she's usually calm and collected, she can be scary if you tick her off, as Lilicia found out after writing a couple of negative articles about the student council.
- Broken Bird: She was bullied and harassed in middle school, as revealed in episode 9 of season 1. However, because of spending time with the student council in high school, she gets over it, and forgives the girl who led the bullying, who was also supposed to be her best friend.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She develops a dark Battle Aura when a male student jokingly asks if he could go on a date with Kurimu in episode 4 of season 2.
- Cool Big Sis: She tries to act like this towards Kurimu at times.
- The Gadfly: Chizuru seems to define her role in the club as being the one that screws with everyone, especially Ken and Kurimu.
- Hidden Depths
- Loners Are Freaks: She spent a lot of time to herself in middle school, and as a result got bullied by the other students for it.
- Meaningful Name: Akaba - Red Leaves = Autumn
- Meganekko: Part-time.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Not a Morning Person: With additional Cuteness Proximity to Kurimu!
- Petting Zoo People: Chizuru is weapons-grade cute when she dons her "Mokyu Mokyu" sheep persona.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Statuesque Stunner
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Team Mom
- The Tease: She absolutely loves doing this to Ken, especially if he's being punished, such as being blindfolded in episode 5 of the first season.
- Token Evil Teammate: Played for laughs. She's not really a bad person, but she terrifies people for fun.
- Trickster Archetype
Minatsu is the Vice President of the Student Council. Representing the summer season, Minatsu is always ready to get going and loves to take action. Especially when it comes anywhere associated to her loves of shonen
manga or anime. She's also quite protective of her little sister Mafuyu. Especially
when it comes to Ken.
- Adorkable: Season 2, Episode 4 has her spend most of the time struggling with her feelings for Ken, and it is adorable.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She gets upset with Ken in episode 8 of season 1 when Erisu/Alice shows up with him into the student council room. And in episode 4 of season 2, when she sees him talking to a bunch of girls, she gets really annoyed. And when one of them openly says she wants to be his girlfriend, she snaps at him, causing the girl to mention that "his wife was mad at him".
- Cool Big Sis: To Mafuyu
- Defied Trope: Minatsu is informed that she should be a genki girl book dumb character when everyone is discussing their academic strengths. She disagrees and helps Kurimu with her math.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: BIG time in Season 2, Episode 4.
- First Kiss: Shares hers with Ken in episode 4 of season 2. Because of how she normally acts violently towards him, Ken is understandably confused and thinking she's either sick or possessed. He actually interrupts the attempt, thinking something was wrong with her. But then she catches him off guard a moment later, and gives him the kiss.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Hot-Blooded: She's always a little too eager and/or angry at most of the situations that happen.
- Love Epiphany: She suffers from literal chest pains in episode 4 of season 2 when she starts thinking about Ken a lot and how popular he is with the students, both male and female.
- Meaningful Name: Minatsu - Deep Summer
- Ms. Fanservice: Not as buxom as Chizuru, but the camera really likes you to remind you of her generous proportions squeezed by a shirt one-size-too-small, and not to mention her Grade S Zettai Ryouiki.
- Sacred First Kiss: The end of Season 2, Episode 4 has her giving one to Ken, of all people.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Ken was absolutely stunned when he first saw her with her hair down in episode 5 of the first season. So much so that he didn't recognize it was her at first.
- Tsundere: Zig-zagged at times. For example: in the valentines' OVA, she angrily confesses to Ken that she likes him.
- Tomboy: She tends to be viewed this way. Her taking part in a lot of sports events only adds to to the perception.
- When She Smiles: Practically angelic in a how cute and gentle she can actually be.
Voiced by: Yuki Horinaka (Season 1), Iori Nomizu
Shiina Mafuyu is the younger sister of Minatsu and Treasurer of the Student Council. Quiet, shy, and not very good around men, Mafuyu is almost always doing something related to gaming. Her season is the winter. Passive and keeping to the background, she shows her true self and feelings when comfortable. Like when she gives her love confession to Ken.
- Beware the Nice Ones:
- Hits a boy that mocked Sugisaki very hard with her bag. So before the violent tsundere, the childishly overemotional loli or the scary one reacted, the one that's scared of men flat out attacked.
- Played for Laughs anytime she goes into Yandere mode on Ken.
- Covert Pervert
- Deadpan Snarker: Mafuyu can say the most cruel, perverted and twisted things with a straight face and still be as cute as a button.
- Does Not Like Men: Well, except for Ken at any rate.
- Gamer Chick
- Hikikomori: While she does attend school, she often states she's more comfortable playing video games or surfing the internet at home.
- Love Epiphany: Not directly stated, but it's quite likely that it occurred at the end of episode ten. She says that it would be fun to stay and help Sugisaki with the paperwork, then pauses and Kurimu asks her what's wrong before she continues. Considering the subject of the next episode...
- Meaningful Name: Mafuyu - True Winter
- Her screenname "Yuki," even means snow.
- Nice Girl
- The Other Darrin: Iori Nomizu took over the role that Yuki Horinaka voiced in the 2nd Season.
- Proud to Be a Geek
- Shipper on Deck: Nakameguro/Ken. Before she even knew Nakameguro existed.
- Shrinking Violet: So we're told. It actually only comes up when she realizes she's not scared of Ken and is in fact oddly comfortable around him. Quickly leads to a sort of love epiphany followed by a confession.
- Third-Person Person: It's even used for a joke. Mafuyu can't remember Mafuyu's name!
- Yaoi Fan Girl: She loves this stuff. The fact that she fantasizes about Ken in this situation a lot doesn't win him over.
Voiced by: Mami Kosuge
The Student Council's adviser and school's Japanese teacher, Magiru-sensei is actually from the author's previous work. She occasionally shows up to provide a push for the Council when they're stuck or be a listening ear. Or sometimes steal Ken's snack.
Note: In the lightnovels she bears a completely different personality, being a Uber-Magnificent
trickster who enjoys toying around with members of the council with wits and trickery that even surpasses even Chizuru.
- Big Eater: This turns out to be a bad thing for her in episode 2 of season 2, when she suffers some debilitating stomach cramps as a result.
- Butt Monkey: She gets virtually no respect.
- Drives Like Crazy: She's seen driving Ken home in episode 11 of season 1 when he comes to school with a high fever. Her car is going rather fast, which probably wasn't good for him either in that condition.
- Hot Teacher
- One Teacher School
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Lampshaded. Perhaps unjustly since it's not like we ever see any of the classes.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Ken does get the student council paperwork done, so it might be why she lets them get away with goofing off so much.
- Running Gag: She has a habit of telling the student council to get down, as if a bomb were going off nearby. But then it turns out she was mostly just messing with them.
President of the Journalism Club, Toudou Lilicia has a bone to pick with the Student Council. Coming in as the first runner up for the Student Council, she sees the current council as lazy do-nothing's. Despite being scared of Chizuru, Lilicia is more than happy to butt heads with the Council. However, she has a mutual respect for them as they do for her.
- Alpha Bitch: Fifth most popular person in the school.
- Big Sister Instinct
- But Not Too Foreign
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She gets mad at Ken when her younger sister innocently asks him a bunch of romance related things in episode 2 of season 2. Though he was just trying to humor her, Lilicia doesn't seem to like it much, and accuses him of being a Lolicon.
- Even Evil Has Standards:
- While she is antagonistic towards the student council, when Ken answered her rumor that he cheated on a girl in middle school with absolute honesty and showed sincere regret at his actions, she couldn't bring herself to post the interview, and takes it down shortly after posting it on the wall.
- In episode 11 of season 1, she follows the girls after they were going to visit Ken when he was home sick. She at first thought they were just being do-nothings again, but then she overhears a conversation they have with two boys that went to Ken's middle school. They badmouth him and paint him to be a bad guy, but eventually the girls get sick of hearing the criticisms against him. And when she talks to the two boys a few moments after being "punished" by Chizuru, Lilicia ends up defending them as well, mostly because they were trying to make the student council look bad, especially Ken.
- Hot Scoop
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Love Epiphany: Her little sister points this out at the beginning of episode 8 in season 1. While Lilicia denies it, her sister mentions that that guy in the picture, Ken, is the only person she ever seems to write about in her articles, even if she says she's badmouthing the entire student council.
- The Ojou
- You Didn't Ask: In episode 8 of season 2, when Erisu asks her about telling Ken she was in an Arranged Marriage, the latter states she just wanted to tease him. He did seem shocked when she said she was in one, and promised to break it up the guy she was marrying was going to make her sad, before saying he was kidding and running off. Erisu then points out that she turned the guy down, and the latter states that she didn't lie to him, but just never added that part about rejecting the proposal.
dream come true. Nakameguro transfers in after being bullied at his previous school in the final episode. However, his identical appearance and name to Mafuyu's BL character makes Ken wary of him.
He looks up to Ken because of his reputation of change just to get into the Student Council.
Voiced by: Madoka Yonezawa
Ken's very innocent stepsister who is very much in love with him.
- Apologizes a Lot: She does this quite a bit when first introduced to the other student council members.
- Big Brother Attraction: It's either this, or...
- Big Brother Worship: possibly this.
- Cuteness Proximity: The girls have this towards her. Even Kurimu is awestruck by how cute she is.
- Heroic BSOD: she gets sad when Ken was dating Asuka in the past.
- Malaproper: Thanks to Asuka trolling. She uses words such as "taken away" when she means vacation.
- Naive Every Girl: She's essentially one, due to her tendency to literally take whatever anyone says at face value, such as Chizuru telling her that adding "in bed" should go with the statement of taking care of someone.
- The Rival: Mafuuyu declares her one due to the personality overlap.
- Shrinking Violet: She's actually quite shy, especially if anyone acts too aggressively at her.
- Third-Person Person: Much like Mafuyu, she tends to do this.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Was Ken's first girlfriend. But Ringo caused strife in this, and he was unable to choose between his stepsister and Asuka, so he ended up hurting both of them as a result. Strongly hinted that she still has feelings for him despite this.
- The Gadfly: Corrupted poor Ringo's vocabulary, such as teaching her that "abduction" means taking a trip, which causes obvious confusion to others when it's used. Towards Ken as well.
- Rapunzel Hair
- The Tease: She absolutely loves doing this to Ken, particularly after meeting the other student council members for the first time.
- Troll: She loves doing this to Ken, and initially gets the student council quite upset with him due to the way she was snarking at them and making it sound like she was his girlfriend.