A character sheet for the anime Seitokai no Ichizon.
Our protaganist, Sugisaki Ken is the "Blue Chip" seat. Turning his grades around from last to first he takes one of the Vice President positions on the Student Council. His eroge and h-game based brain constantly tries to turn the council into his harem. However, underneath the supposed lazy and carefree exterior lies a hard worker who constantly tries to keep the ladies of the Student Council happy.
- The Atoner: After Kenīs two-timing hurt his stepsister, not only did he not defend himself against his classmates' bullying, he even asked for it.
- In truth, he didn't two time at all - it was mostly due to his misplaced guilty conscience. His stepsister went into depression when Ken, who she was in love with, started dating his childhood friend. The couple broke up when Ken spent more time taking care of his stepsister. He couldn't make both happy. Each of the girls in the student council saved him during his first year of high school. Joining the student council is his way of showing his gratitude toward them with the belief he can keep everyone happy this time.
- Big Brother Instinct
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Although for the most part he acts like a perverted idiot, he actually does care about his fellow club mates and helps them out, not to mention he was able to join the club because he had the top scores in the school. Made even more so in episode 3 when asked if the rumors that he was two-timing during junior high were true, he calmly answered yes instead of denying it, causing the reporter to eventually give up publishing it.
- Chick Magnet: The second season establishes that despite how the student council girls treat him, he's actually very popular with girls. In the OVA packaged with one of the later volumes, he gets dozens of chocolate, though he's upset that the four girls he counts as his actual friends seem to be ignoring him due to various accidents that get in their way.
- Chivalrous Pervert: It's implied that at least some of Ken's behavior is an act. He's shown himself quite willing to get himself into bad situations to spare the rest of the council.
- To clarify he does almost all of the paper work for the council just so he can create a good environment for the girls to hang out in.
- Harem Seeker: and proud of it! He really wants this harem, enough for an academically average boy like him to study hard enough to get the grades necessary to get into the council.
- According to the manga, academically he was actually second-from-last among the school's 700 students, but studied really hard to get the "blue chip" seat on the council.
- In the game you will need to take each route before doing so.
- Possible subversion in that it's possible that while his intention of making them all happy is true, the way he goes about it was intended to keep them from falling in love with him by acting perverted. His reaction to Mafuyu actually admitting she liked him was a mixture of surprise and distress. He wants to make them happy, but doesn't want to end up in a situation like before or may simply feel unworthy.
- Hidden Depths
- Mistaken for Pedophile
- OOC Is Serious Business: In Episode 7, his being too tired to be perverted is partly what convinces Kurimu to have them go to Tokyo.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Of H-Games no less!
- Stepford Smiler: Recent chapters and episodes imply that Ken's happy-go-lucky persona is a defense mechanism to keep him from a severe emotional trauma from back in junior high, and not his actual personality.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Arguably subverted, possibly even a Double Subversion.
Voiced by: Mariko Honda
The Student Council President
, Sakurano Kurimu's use of the Student Council is to take over the world! However, she is easily distracted by Ken and is affectionally taken care of by Chizuru. This usually results in her being distracted and no work getting done by the council. Still like the season of spring she represents, she is first in suggesting ideas and always looks forward to the bigger picture.
Voiced by: Yuka Saito (Season 1), Mina (Season 2)
The secretary of the council, Akaba Chizuru is calm, cool and collected. It always seems she has other plans running in the background. Whether they are sinister or not only she knows. She isn't without her vices though. Chizuru is extremely affectionate to her Aka-chan and isn't below dressing up as a sheep. Like her season of autumn, she does seem a bit gloomy but there's an elegance to her that no one else of the Student Council can match.
Voiced by: Misuzu Togashi
Minatsu is the Vice President of the Student Council. Representing the summer season, Minatsu is always ready to get going and loves to take action. Especially when it comes anywhere associated to her loves of shonen
manga or anime. She's also quite protective of her little sister Mafuyu. Especially
when it comes to Ken.
- Adorkable: Season 2, Episode 4 has her spend most of the time struggling with her feelings for Ken, and it is adorable.
- Cool Big Sis: To Mafuyu
- Defied Trope: Minatsu is informed that she should be a genki girl book dumb character when everyone is discussing their academic strengths. She disagrees and helps Kurimu with her math.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: BIG time in Season 2, Episode 4.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Meaningful Name: Minatsu - Deep Summer
- Ms. Fanservice: Not as buxom as Chizuru, but the camera really likes you to remind you of her generous proportions squeezed by a shirt one-size-too-small, and not to mention her Grade S Zettai Ryouiki.
- Sacred First Kiss: The end of Season 2, Episode 4 has her giving one to Ken, of all people.
- Tsundere: Zig-zagged at times. For example: in the valentines' OVA, she angrily confesses to Ken that she likes him.
- When She Smiles: Practically angelic in a how cute and gentle she can actually be.
Voiced by: Yuki Horinaka (Season 1), Iori Nomizu
Shiina Mafuyu is the younger sister of Minatsu and Treasurer of the Student Council. Quiet, shy, and not very good around men, Mafuyu is almost always doing something related to gaming. Her season is the winter. Passive and keeping to the background, she shows her true self and feelings when comfortable. Like when she gives her love confession to Ken.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Hits a boy that mocked Sugisaki very hard with her bag. So before the violent tsundere, the childishly overemotional loli or the scary one reacted, the one that's scared of men flat out attacked.
- Covert Pervert
- Deadpan Snarker: Mafuyu can say the most cruel, perverted and twisted things with a straight face and still be as cute as a button.
- Does Not Like Men: Well, except for Ken at any rate.
- Gamer Chick
- Love Epiphany: Not directly stated, but it's quite likely that it occurred at the end of episode ten. She says that it would be fun to stay and help Sugisaki with the paperwork, then pauses and Kurimu asks her what's wrong before she continues. Considering the subject of the next episode...
- Meaningful Name: Mafuyu - True Winter
- Her screenname "Yuki," even means snow.
- Nice Girl
- The Other Darrin: Iori Nomizu took over the role that Yuki Horinaka voiced in the 2nd Season.
- Proud to Be a Geek
- Shipper on Deck: Nakameguro/Ken. Before she even knew Nakameguro existed.
- Shrinking Violet: So we're told. It actually only comes up when she realizes she's not scared of Ken and is in fact oddly comfortable around him. Quickly leads to a sort of love epiphany followed by a confession.
- Third-Person Person: It's even used for a joke. Mafuyu can't remember Mafuyu's name!
- Yaoi Fan Girl
Voiced by: Mami Kosuge
The Student Council's adviser and school's Japanese teacher, Magiru-sensei is actually from the author's previous work. She occasionally shows up to provide a push for the Council when they're stuck or be a listening ear. Or sometimes steal Ken's snack.
Note: In the lightnovels she bears a completely different personality, being a Uber-Magnificent
trickster who enjoys toying around with members of the council with wits and trickery that even surpasses even Chizuru.
President of the Journalism Club, Toudou Lilicia has a bone to pick with the Student Council. Coming in as the first runner up for the Student Council, she sees the current council as lazy do-nothing's. Despite being scared of Chizuru, Lilicia is more than happy to butt heads with the Council. However, she has a mutual respect for them as they do for her.
dream come true. Nakameguro transfers in after being bullied at his previous school in the final episode. However, his identical appearance and name to Mafuyu's BL character makes Ken wary of him.
He looks up to Ken because of his reputation of change just to get into the Student Council.
Voiced by: Madoka Yonezawa
Ken's very innocent stepsister who is very much in love with him.