Characters: Scream of the Shalka
Characters appearing in Scream of the Shalka. Part of the Doctor Who Expanded Universe.
open/close all folders
The Shalka Doctor
Voiced by: Richard E. GrantThe webisode series Scream of the Shalka showed an alternate Ninth Doctor, traveling with the Master (trapped in an android body) and generally being angry about a lot of things. Despite being a bit moody in general, this Doctor also had his moments of witty sarcasm and gleeful mocking, and notably enjoyed showtunes a lot. This Doctor would appear one more time in a vampire story for the BBC's website.
- Admiring the Abomination: A trait he has in common with his canon counterparts.
- Always Save the Girl: Has a bit of a problem with this. It's implied this attitude got him into trouble in the past, but it's not elaborated upon.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Creepy Good: Looks a bit like a vampire. Still a decent enough guy.
- Expy: He's been called Sherlock Holmes as the Doctor by Grant.
- Good Is Not Nice
- Nerdy Inhaler: For no stated reason, he carries an inhaler, which he only uses because the Shalka are making the air bad.
- Noodle Incident: We never really find out why he's so traumatised, but it involved the loss of his last female companion.
- Perky Goth: Wears dark clothing and looks rather creepy, but is as fun-loving as any of the other Doctors.
- Smug Super
- Survivor Guilt: It's implied that his companion may have died and he feels guilt over surviving when she didn't.
Voiced by: Sir Derek JacobiTrying to repent after making an off-screen Heel-Face Turn, the Master is confined to the TARDIS in an android body and trying to get used to life with the Doctor as his companion.
- Always Save the Girl: Defied. He has standing orders to 'leave the girl behind.'
- Heel-Face Turn: Used to be the Doctor's nemesis; is now trying to repent after the Doctor saved his life.
- Morality Chain: He and the Doctor provide one for each other. The Doctor makes sure the Master doesn't try to turn evil again, and the Master tries to make sure the Doctor doesn't get overly attached to young Earth girls anymore. (He fails.)
- Ridiculously Human Robot: Although of course he's a Time Lord, not a human.
- Robot Buddy
- Sarcastic Devotee: Very much so.
Voiced by: Sophie OkonedoA barmaid on the verge of a boredom-induced breakup, who meets the Doctor in the middle of an alien invasion and quickly gets caught up in his life.
- Body Horror: A tiny worm thing starts growing out of her forehead. She gets better.
- Career Versus Man: Made the wrong choice.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Distressed Damsel: Of course.
- Jumped at the Call: Jumps at the chance to go traveling with the Doctor and the Master. Sadly, we never got to see any of their adventures beyond Scream of the Shalka.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.