A list of characters from the Manga and Anime series Sket Dance
. Many characters have yet to be covered, this page Needs Wiki Magic Love
open/close all folders
Yusuke "Bossun" Fujisaki
The founder and leader of the Sket-dan, nicknamed Bossun. When he puts on his goggles he is able to be in full concentration and saves the day. When talking about his special traits, the Sket-dan tends to break the fourth wall, saying how he has nothing unique for a shounen main character
. He is an amazing artist and has a bunch of expressions that are easy to read. Sasuke is his twin brother.
- The Ace: Bossun shows ridiculous talent for every hobby he picks up, including drawing, origami, figure-sculpting, celebrity impressions, board games, acting, standup comedy, and a dozen more. Unfortunately, most of these are absolutely useless to the badass leader figure he tries to be.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: His eyes were originally gold in the manga.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: When he gets serious, he "equips" his goggles to trigger his "Concentration Mode", which would allow him to solve riddles, equations, and even figure out the order of a card deck.
- Berserk Button: Don't you dare to put a finger on Himeko or even threatening her. Same goes to anyone of his friends.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Usually assists Himeko in the Straight Man routine, but he can play the idiot at the drop of a hat.
- Brats with Slingshots: He usually leaves the action parts to Himeko, but would use his slingshots whenever he needs to participate.
- Chaste Hero
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: The entire purpose of the Sket Dan is to help people who are in need, and the group itself is created to help Himeko and Switch get over their Dark and Troubled Past.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: He gets incredibly irritated with Himeko getting too close to Kiri, and tried to challenge the guy to a duel.
- Forgotten First Meeting:
- He met Tsubaki a few years ago on their birthday, and helped rescue the latter from some bullies. Because Tsubaki looked very different back then, Bossun didn't recognize him. Tsubaki himself wasn't wearing his glasses during their meeting, so he didn't actually get to see Bossun's face at that time.
- He also bumped with Switch, before the incident of his brother's death.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Averted; while the goggles themselves don't have any special properties, they give Bossun an amazing ability to concentrate and focus.
Hime "Himeko" Onizuka
Himeko is the violent "yanki"-girl with a soft spot for cute things. She is the fighter/brawn to the Sket-Dan. In her past she was called the "Legendary Delinquent Onihime" which became a symbol of "power and fear". Himeko seems to now have "calmed down" and leaving behind her days of being the Onihime and has become the second-chief to the Sket-Dan.
- Action Girl
- Badass Adorable
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Bossun.
- The Big Girl
- Charles Atlas Superpower
- Collared by Fashion: Actually an armbrand, her collar was a gift from Bossun.
- Cute Bruiser
- Cuteness Proximity: While she can act like a demon with her hockey field cane, she can't resist to cuteness.
- Dark and Troubled Past: In her backstory, she was betrayed by her friend Arisa who set her up in a bully fight. That fight made her started to be known as 'Onihime' and many delinquents began to pick fights with her. Not so much later, she became isolated because of her friend's betrayal and because everyone was fearing her. After enrolling in Kaimei Academy, she became (slowly) friends with Bossun and he saved her from her loneliness.
- Death Glare
- Declaration of Protection: She said to her friend Arisa that she wanted to protect her when she thought she was being bullied. Unfortunately, Arisa took that as Himeko calling her weak and things didn't end well.
- Delinquent: At first.
- Delinquent Hair: She dyed her hair blonde when she was in middle school that helped to spread the name of the delinquent "Onihime". In the present day, she probably keeps that look out of habit.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Bossun ends up experiencing a world of pain whenever he gets on Himeko's nerves. So much, that EVEN he gets both hands broken.
- Extreme Omnivore: The Pelolipop Candy she loves have some odd flavors.
- Genki Girl
- Girls Are Really Scared of Horror Movies
- Green-Eyed Monster: She becomes jealous when Bossun goes on a group date and doesn't like it when she sees him getting too friendly with Saaya.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- The Heart
- He Is Not My Boyfriend: To Bossun.
- I Call It "Vera": Her field hockey canes' names are based on the brand and model names. They have been referred as: "Valkyrie", "Cyclone" and "Flagarance".
- Important Haircut: She is by far an staright but also an averted example of this. She gets her hair longer and dyes it blonde, because fo being the 'legendary delinquent Onihime', she had black hair initially. BUT, once we get into the whole official formation of the Sket-Dan, she cuts it to start fresh.
- Interrupted Declaration of Love: When she gets conscious about her "I want to be more than friends" feelings for Bossun, she always get interrupted.
- During the Trouble Travel arc, and after being rescued by Bossun, they get interrupted by Switch, who was unconscious some moments before the confession happens.
- When realizing (after being convinced by Switch) that she has little time to confess because their High School days are ending, Bossun interrupts her while proclaiming they are going to go to the same University... which she decides she could confess to him until then.
- Kansai Regional Accent: Himeko, being from Osaka, often slips her accent in her speech and writing. However, she uses "atashi" rather than "uchi".
- The Lancer
- Loner-Turned-Friend: In her backstory.
- The McCoy: To Bossun's Kirk and Switch's Spock.
- Number Two
- Oblivious to Love: While not that much obvious as Bossun, it seems that everyone in Kaimei Academy suspects that there is too much to their friendship than just Vitriolic Best Buds, except her, of course. Heck, even Switch supports them!
- One of the Boys
- Red Baron: Her former delinquent nickname was "Onihime" (literally "Demon Princess").
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Switch's Blue.
- Say My Name: Often cries out Bossun's name whenever he experiences a world of hurt.
- Shout-Out: She shares her last name with another former delinquent who wanted to reform his life in wanting to help people. Adding some other points, Himeko also wants to pursue a teacher career.
- Straight Man: And it's Serious Business.
- Team Chef: Her cooking ability is good, as shown in the Gachinko Vivage Battle Arc, she even is mistakenly chosen to participate in the first challenge: a Cooking Duel with the Student's Council own Supreme Chef, Michiru Shinba.
- Team Mom: Much to her dismiss, Switch even teases her calling her as mom, at some moments when they end up acting as children.
- Terrible Artist
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She evolves her tomboy personality when she started being involved with the Sket Dan at the time she starts using more skirts and often leaves her field hockey cane aside.
- Trademark Favorite Food: The Pelolipop Candy, to a point where she knows their entire gallery of strange flavors.
- Tsundere: Sometimes towards Bossun.
- Turn the Other Cheek: She forgives Arisa for having betrayed her when they meet after years of certain events that triggered her 'Onihime' persona to surface.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Bossun.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Bossun.
- Weapon of Choice: A Field Hockey Cane.
Kazuyoshi "Switch" Usui
Switch is the brains and secretary to the Sket-Dan. He is an otaku (no matter how many times he denies it) that has information about EVERYONE in Kaimei High. Switch appears to be the most serious of the group, but his fooling around says otherwise. Switch is tech-savvy to an extreme: his scientific bent puts him at odds with Yuuki Reiko, the devout occultist. Mysteriously, he prefers not to speak, instead communicating via a text-to-speech synthesizer in his laptop. Perhaps there is a hidden side to this eccentric young man...
- A-Team Firing: Has zero accuracy.
- Actor Allusion: His favorite Vizard is Kensei, according to the anime.
- Agent Scully
- Badass Normal: He has occasionally shown proficiency in easily taking down people who pose a threat.
- Celibate Hero: After his beloved childhood friend Sawa moved away because of his brother's death, he decided to never fall in love again.
- Chick Magnet: Switch is pretty popular (for such a consummate weirdo). Since enrolling at Kaimei, he's never ended a Valentine's Day empty-handed.
- Childhood Friend Romance: He had a crush on his childhood friend, Sawa and she liked him back, and they did confessed their feelings for each other... unfortunately after his brother's death and exactly the day she moved away because of the same event.
- Crazy-Prepared: Usually with a remarkably impractical invention.
- Dark and Troubled Past: His little brother died because of a false statement he believed and said to him. He became a shut-in not so much after that because of the guilt trip it made him fall into. Bossun was the one who saved him.
- Since Switch On covers more on his past, there are certain things that he may not be so proud to had done (he whole hidden site incident and the Death Fights he managed to get other former delinquents to get on), especially as a result of the whole guilt trip that he had as a shut-in.
- Gadgeteer Genius: To a degree.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Towards his brother in his backstory.
- Tragically deconstructed. Because of his jealousy over Masafumi and Sawa's friendship he caused a misunderstanding that led to his brother being killed.
- Hikikomori: He was this before joining the Sket Dan.
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die: He blames himself of Masafumi's death.
- Important Haircut: His old hairstyle was much longer and his bangs were different... of course, he decided to change it because he wanted to let the image of his brother to be present in him.
- Large Ham: The default voice on his laptop. It's mostly also because of him.
- Loner-Turned-Friend: In his backstory.
- My Sibling Will Live Through Me: It was like that at the beginning, straightly, but after the events of 'Switch On', he replies that he just wants to resemble Masafumi if only just for a little time longer, because he knows that being a Replacement Goldfish for him is full nonsense.
- Nerds Are Sexy
- Non-Action Guy: Pretty athletic when the situation calls (especially playing Genesis), but he prefers to stand in the sidelines. This mostly annoys both Himeko and Bossun sometimes, because he is practically useless in certain situations when it is raining, and also just because he knows that they are the most assertive action guys.
- Only Known by Their Nickname
- Phrase Catcher: "That's our Switch," after he uses an invention or information gathering skill to help.
- Purely Aesthetic Glasses Averted until later in the story. During two years of being front of a computer, his sight started to get worse.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Himeko's Red.
- Scary Shiny Glasses
- Science VS Magic: The Science to Reiko's Supernatural.
- Shipper on Deck: For Bossun and Himeko. And it seems he has been since the pretty beginning of the Sket Dan.
- The Smart Guy
- The Spock: To Bossun's Kirk and Himeko's McCoy.
- The Stoic: His expression rarely changes despite what he types. He does not smile and sarcastically pointed it as it was 'too embarrassing to do so' the first few days he returned to classes. He can't permit himself to express 'emotion' other than surprise.
- Stoic Spectacles
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
- The Voiceless: He communicates via text-to-speech with a laptop. The reason he still refuses to speak is because of his guilt over his brother's death...
- Worthy Opponent: He enjoys an intellectual rivalry with Reiko.
An African Collard Scops Owl that was found injured by Saaya. He now resides in the club room as a pet of the Sket Dan.
The rivals of the Sket Dan, who uphold school rules and handle administrative duties, like the creation and funding of clubs. Within the Sket Dance world, there is a manga series about them, running in Shounen Jump, and a tie-in game on Vivage City, a cellular phone game company.
President of the Student Council and a Third year student. A very charismatic, laid-back individual, who seemingly does nothing as President. He entrusts most responsibilities to the Vice President, Sasuke Tsubaki. His IQ is around 160. Agata's ability to read and understand people makes him a cunning manipulator when necessary; it's also why he has the complete loyalty of Student Council members Sasuke and Daisy. His performance in the Gachinko Vivage Battle's "Pixie Garden" match with Bossun shows that he is a good strategist, who learns quickly, and is adept at lying. Despite his ruthlessness, and professions that he isn't a nice guy, he's against cheating to win - though he has a tendency to forget things he's said. About the only thing he takes seriously is the protection of his little sister Saaya: the thought of her finding a boyfriend puts Agata into paroxysms.
- Always Someone Better: He's the only person in the series who has consistently outwitted Bossun.
- Big Brother Instinct: Agata is very protective to his younger sister, Saaya, and only becomes serious when she is involved in a perceived danger.
- Brilliant but Lazy: He is a genius with an IQ of 160, but almost always delegates his student council work to his subordinates, while he himself spends the whole time sleeping.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He tends to ignore rule violations (even shoving his paperwork onto his subordinates) but is a respectable leader when he decides to actually try.
- Ditzy Genius: He's extremely laidback, and frequently acts without thinking (e.g. making a bet and later forgetting about it). But despite his antics, he's still the top student in the school, and later managed to get a perfect score in his university entrance exam without actually studying.
- Doting Older Brother: He can't even think straight after finding out about his little sister's crush.
- Manipulative Bastard: Sort of when he proposes into it.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: He freaks out at the very notion that Saaya might be romantically involved with a boy, and he's the reason why the "Saaya fanclub" did not exist until he graduates.
- Signature Laugh: Kakaka!
- Student Council President: Until he stepped down to focus on his college entrance exams.
Vice President of the Student Council. Opinion among the student body is that Tsubaki takes his responsibilities way
too seriously, refusing to tolerate even the slightest infractions in the name of making Kaimei a better school. He believes that the Sket-dan is useless and should be abolished, leading to conflicts with Bossun. The two consider each other rivals and his desire to defeat Bossun and the Sket-dan motivate him to do things he wouldn't otherwise do. He is a skilled fighter, and the boxing club at their school wanted him on their team. He also researches his opponents weaknesses and uses them to his advantage. He is Bossun's twin brother.
Kikuno "Daisy" Asahina
The Secretary of the Student Council, nicknamed "Daisy-chan." While obedient to Agata in her council duties, she has a vicious tongue and an overstock of Flowery Insults
for most others. She has good aim and relentlessly attacks without hesitation. While Daisy seems calm and composed on the outside, she is quick to judge others, sometimes leading to fatal underestimations. She copes with failure poorly and takes solace in cuddling stuffed animals.
A Student Council Member responsible for General Affairs, and a third-year Student. Later stepped down to focus the rest of his 3rd year term on college applications
. Popular (and a bit of a dandy), Michiru loves having his picture taken; he has a devoted fangirl club called the "Shinbals". He is an extremely good chef, considered "exceptional even among professionals". Michiru often plays the straight man opposite the quirks of the other student council and is also one of the few people who understands Agata's manipulative side.
The Treasurer of the Student Council. Later promoted to Vice-President after Tsubaki's ascension.
She's the wealthy granddaughter of the Unyuu Group's leader. She is competent enough to know how to allocate hidden funds for the Student Council, but this is countered by her desires to spend frivolously. She believes money is a means to all ends, from love confessions to winning competitions. Despite this, she considers herself an advocate of proper conduct, and even lectures Tsubaki for his uncivilized actions. Outside of her financial duties, she provides refreshments and first aid supplies to the other Student Council members.
A first year student who takes over as Treasurer after Minori moves up to Vice-President
. Until she attended high school, she grew up in a family of mostly women and attended only all-girls schools. As a result, she developed a strange split personality. Normally a stoic and withdrawn girl who refuses to associate with men, Usami's flirtatious alter-ego "Bunny" emerges when a male touches her (and reverts with a touch from a female). Usami is a capable student, but her odd condition makes it difficult for her to connect with people.
- Breast Expansion: Happens when Hani makes the conversion to Bunny. It's more pronounced in the anime, where her expanding breasts causes a button on her uniform to burst.
- Does Not Like Men: Zig-Zagged and inverted. As "Usami" she refuses to even talk to males but as "Bunny", she throws herself all over guys but dislikes women. She gets better of this situation little by little, later.
- Hair Decorations: Her bow. It changes position depending on which personality is in control.
- Sexier Alter Ego
- Split Personality
Kiri KatouTaking over General Affairs after Michiru takes his leave from the council
, Kiri is a descendant of ninjas, and often referred to as the last ninja. He doesn't like to take orders from people, and takes down bad guys with his own brand of justice.
She's the leader of the yankee girls from Nikkou High School, and claimed herself as the "Onihime".
She told her three followers to bring Himeko to the park near a train station to beat her up. She later then found out that the legendary "Onihime" was Himeko herself. After finding the truth, she became Himeko's follower and would only listen to her.
Later on, she becomes a famous voice actor. And an actress. To even later to become an Idol Singer
She's a shoujo manga eccentric, who despite being incredibly Genre Savvy
to that particular genre, isn't able to draw it too well herself
. Roman is able to change the world around her into a shoujo manga-type setting also, with her Roman-fog. She is also very aware that they are all part of the cast in a manga/anime series, and constantly breaks the fourth wall.
A very overweight unattractive girl who seemingly doesn't care about her appearance and is a member of the cheer-leading club.
The captain of the Kendo Club and a self-styled modern-day samurai despite his proficiency with cellphones and computers.
A member of the Occult Research Club who is knowledgeable about spiritual, suspicious subjects.
A student who asks the Sket Dan for help in cheering Yagi up when the latter seems in dire straits. Also she takes Dante to Sket-Dan whenever he has a problem
- Ms. Fanservice: Somehow managed to become this in the anime, with three bath scenes despite being an extra.
- Satellite Character: Her role in the manga so far is only to bring her troubled friends to Sket Dan.
A member of the broadcasting club best known for her ability to maintain a straight face during any situation.
Kiyoshi "Dante" Date
A Kaimei student and the vocalist for the visual kei band JardiN.
A student who transfers to Kaimei High School in the first episode.
A troublemaker of Kaimei High School.
Voiced by: Kentarō Itō
(Drama CD), Nobuaki Kanemitsu (Anime)
The captain of Kaimei High School's softball team.
An aspiring journalist who works on the school paper.
Voiced by Yuuka Nakatsukasa
Akitoshi Daimon/ Enigman
A member of the school's Quiz Society that challenges other clubs to Quiz Battles. His personality changes whenever he dons his Enigman mask.
Enigman's assistant during the Quiz Battles. Like Akitoshi, also has the personality change whenever she puts on her mask. While she's gentle and obedient with it on, she's rude and cruel with it off.
Agata's younger sister who becomes a Sket Dan regular after her initial appearance. She has a crush on Bossun.
A shy and big first year student with uncontrollable strength.
Minoru 'Cherry' Sakura
A boy who despite his innocent appearance (and often could be mistaken by a girl) is a pervert and likes to guess about Kaimei's female students measures and other things about them with the disbanded
- All Boys Are Perverts
- Chivalrous Pervert: It's the 'way of the gesu'. Cherry wouldn't lay a hand on a girl... but would say dirty jokes. And often imagines their measures.
- Covert Pervert: At first sight you couldn't guess Cherry is one of them! Especially if you're in the Student Council!
- Dirty Kid: The reason of why he started to be so gesu was because at 3rd grade, he found a bunch of erotic magazines in a storage room. It went down from there (though it's pretty normal?)...
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: His innocent appearance could be a factor in all this... not to mention, his entire name could be also pretty misleading too (Minoru is also a name for girls).
- Executive Meddling: Kenta Shinohara often avoids fanservice in his manga, however, as lampshaded by Roman herself in his introductory chapter, his editor by the time (Naoki Kawashima) behested him to create a pervert character because of the lack of 'fanservice' in it. Guess why the Sket Dan often lamphades that something is going to be wrong with the chapter when Cherry appears.
- Meaningful Name: His nickname, Cherry, comes from 'cherry boy' a term that technically applies to a virgin.
- Verbal Tic: Especially when he is in his pervert mode, gesu! (Also often he likes to say dirty jokes). Or when he is pretty nervous in front of a girl he likes.
Shinzou's younger brother who became a delinquent in his middle school due to some issues with his brother, though he had mellowed down since those issues were resolved. Has a rivalry with Kiri Katou due to their Samurai vs. Ninja dynamics.
Voiced by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki
Vice-president of the Boys' Manga Club and part of the "Sainon & Magarfunkel" mangaka duo with Nozomu Saikawa.
A boy who falls in love with Himeko after she saves him from Japanese Delinquents
P(Or according to Tact, Perverse, Offensive, Cheeky, Knavish, Egoistic, Team, regarding their attititude)
The ''kouhai'' (to the Sket Dan)
group of helping people in Kaimei High School. They have the same vision of helping people as the Sket Dan and they often try to replace them because they have better acceptation and much more requests
. Though according to the rules of the high school, there shouldn't be two clubs with the same objective, the Student Council President Tsubaki
accepted them because he hopes 'some day they will be doing a better job to help people with their abbilities' than the afformentioned Sket Dan.
Takuto "Tact" Yagi
Kinue "Silk" Azuma
Hidesato "Smile" Sakasu
An eccentric geography teacher who hires the Sket Dan to help him form a 'Genesis' club ('Genesis' being the name of a ball game taught to him by 'Master Won' similar to tennis, but involving a volleyball, and fishing nets), the idea was receded when Tsubaki explained that if the three were to start the 'Genesis' club, the Sket Dan would be disbanded. Later, Yamanobe taught them 'Hyperion', a part-chess part-DND board game which only male players seem to enjoy. He later becomes the advisor of his own games club.
Tetsuji "Chu-San" Chuuma
A chemistry teacher and the homeroom teacher for class 2-C. He is the faculty sponsor for the Sket Dan, a fact he often uses to get them to do things for him. He frequently creates odd potions and explosives which oftentimes backfire.
Voiced by: Hayato Nakata (Drama CD), Joji Nakata
A clumsy, often scatter-brained, woman who took over as a teaching assistant at Kaimei High School when Sayama went on maternity leave. Originally was the star of a kids show, but her dream was always going to be a teacher.
Junichi "J-Son" Sensei
A shop class teacher at Kaimei High School and the homeroom teacher for Class 2-B. Despite his frightening appearance, he has a fragile heart and gets nervous easily.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: She still looks quite young to be a mother of a (adoptive) 17-year-old son and a 14-15-year-old daughter.
- Amicable Exes: Though we never see her ex husband, there seems no hard feelings about its failed relationship.
- Beauty Mark
sister. Though she frequently treats him like her personal servant, she also genuinely cares for him.
Voiced by: Yuki Kashigawi
Switch's younger brother. He is the original Switch and was later killed due a misunderstanding
- Posthumous Character
- Teen Genius: He was the one that developed the voice-synthetizer program that Switch would use later... well, if it wasn't for Kazuyoshi himself of having taught him about programming in the first place...
Switch and Masafumi's childhood friend.
Himeko's first friend in middle school after moving to Tokyo. She betrayed Himeko and is responsible of her becoming a delinquent.
Bossun and Sasuke
A close friend of Ryosuke and Akane. She is Bossun and Sasuke's biological mother.
Switch's drawing of Bossun. It highlight's Switch's drawing style, namely large, round, and 2-D-like eyes.
A figure from an in-media series that alerts the heroes of the bad guys.