open/close all folders
Yusuke "Bossun" Fujisaki
The founder and leader of the Sket-dan, nicknamed Bossun. When he puts on his goggles he is able to be in full concentration and saves the day. When talking about his special traits, the Sket-dan tends to break the fourth wall, saying how he has nothing unique for a shounen main character. He is an amazing artist and has a bunch of expressions that are easy to read.
Voiced by: Hiroyuki Yoshino
- The Ace: Bossun shows ridiculous talent for every hobby he picks up, including drawing, origami, figure-sculpting, celebrity impressions, board games, acting, standup comedy, and a dozen more. Unfortunately, most of these are absolutely useless to the badass leader figure he tries to be.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: His eyes are gold in the manga but brown in the anime. Causes a bit of an issue when he's revealed to be Tsubaki's (who still has gold eyes) twin and the two supposedly look identical when one dresses up as the other.
- Adorkable: He's not the most charismatic leader — both Switch and Himeko frequently point out his lack of charms, but his eagerness to help does draw people to him.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: When he gets serious, he "equips" his goggles to trigger his "Concentration Mode", which would allow him to solve riddles, equations, and even figure out the order of a card deck.
- Berserk Button: Don't you dare to put a finger on Himeko or even threatening her. Same goes to anyone of his friends.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Usually assists Himeko in the Straight Man routine, but he can play the idiot at the drop of a hat.
- Brats with Slingshots: He usually leaves the action parts to Himeko, but would use his slingshots whenever he needs to participate.
- Chaste Hero: The thought of being in a relationship never seems to occur to him. He's completely unaware of Himeko's feelings for him, and does not even realize that he appears to feel the same way about her. Eventually, he decides to leave Japan, despite first planning to go to the same university as Himeko, and bids her goodbye before she can even confess properly.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: The entire purpose of the Sket Dan is to help people who are in need, and the group itself is created to help Himeko and Switch get over their Dark and Troubled Past.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: He gets incredibly irritated with Himeko getting too close to Kiri, and tries to challenge the guy to a duel.
- Forgotten First Meeting:
- He met Tsubaki a few years ago on their birthday, and helped rescue the latter from some bullies. Because Tsubaki looked very different back then, Bossun didn't recognize him. Tsubaki himself wasn't wearing his glasses during their meeting, so he didn't actually get to see Bossun's face at that time.
- He bumped into Switch months before he became a shut-in. He couldn't recognize him later during the events of "Switch On", because he changed his appearance.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Averted; while the goggles themselves don't have any special properties, they give Bossun an amazing ability to concentrate and focus.
- Happily Adopted: He was adopted by his parents' best friend after they died in the day of his birth. He was shocked to find out his mother and sister are not blood-related to him, but he soon accepted that even if he's adopted, they are his family and he loves them.
- Hate at First Sight: His first impression of Tsubaki wasn't exactly the best. He barged into the group's clubroom and began lecturing them about the school rules, and rather rudely touched upon their Dark and Troubled Past, quickly getting Bossun's hate. Fortunately, their relationship gets better over time.
- Hereditary Hairstyle: He inherited his dad's hairstyle which contributes to their near identical looks.
- The Hero: Being the leader of Sket Dan, he always makes it his goal to "save" others from their unhappiness and fight any injustice that they encounter.
- Inelegant Blubbering: Prone to very ugly and incomprehensible sobbing (usually Played for Laughs), despite his attempts to mask them as Manly Tears.
- Innocently Insensitive: He means well but he's also well-known for his lack of delicacy, such as casually asking about Himeko's weight and commenting about Koma's "big" figure.
- In-Series Nickname: "Bossun". He wanted to be originally called "BOSS" but it didn't stick with his personality. He also gets the nickname "Milk" from Silk of the Pocket Dan, originating from a milk magic trick that became his gimmick while he temporarily learns magic from her.
- Iron Buttmonkey: Being rather insensitive and socially awkward, he often gets beaten up by others (including Himeko and Koma) for saying the wrong things.
- The Kirk: Is the leader of the Sket Dan and very hands on. Plays this role to Himeko's McCoy and Switch's Spock.
- Like Father, Like Son: According to Akane, Yusuke looks and acts as his father, even having the same motivations about helping people first.
- Long-Lost Relative: In "Happy Rebirthday", Doctor Tsubaki tells him that he and Sasuke are actually twin brothers. The reason why he was only adopted by Akane, is because not only Haru (his biological mother) didn't tell her that she was pregnant of twins, but she didn't want her to raise a couple of babies on her own as she was still young to follow her dreams as a fashion designer.
- Love You and Everybody: In the final chapter, Himeko finally tells him she likes him and he tells her he likes her too... and the rest of their friends. This is what makes Himeko decide to give up on him.
- Messy Hair: Even his friends can't manage his hair when combing or cutting it when it gets longer.
- Nice Hat: He wears a very distinctive red horned hat that Himeko gave to him after the events of "Ogress". It is the same hat that their childhood's hero, Poppman, uses.
- Nonuniform Uniform: Bossun doesn't bother with the blazer nor tie, wears shorts instead of pants (even in winter), rolls up the sleeves of his shirt over another shirt, wears sandals instead of shoes, and wears goggles and the red Poppman hat. When it does get cold, he wears a hoodie.
- Not So Different: Many characters, such as Agata, point him out that he shares some similarities with Tsubaki. Then it's revealed that they're twins, and everything makes sense to him.
- Oblivious to Love: He self-admits that he couldn't notice if someone falls in love with him, and this is evident in his lack of awareness for Saaya and Himeko's feelings. Not even when Himeko outright confesses to him he gets it right!
- Only Known by Their Nickname: He's mostly referred to as "Bossun" instead of "Yusuke" or "Fujisaki".
- The Rival: With Tsubaki. The latter, at least initially, constantly tries to sabotage the Sket Dan for their perceived uselessness, while Bossun would constantly try to outdo him, and by extension the Student Council, to prove them wrong. Doubles as Sibling Rivalry when they are revealed to be twins.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: To Himeko. Everyone (including their friends) think he has something else with her. And while they are not even dating, all agree that they act Like an Old Married Couple.
- Smarter Than You Look: Agata remarks him that he is quite pretty clever though it doesn't necessarily shows up normally.
- Straight Man: Is often the only one with common sense among whichever group he's with (such as the time he gets turned into a kid and has to deal with Himeko and Switch making fun of the situation). However, most of the time he acts as the Boke to Himeko's Straight Man.
- Strong Family Resemblance: He looks exactly like his dad, which is lampshaded.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: He and Himeko are prone to arguing (which often leads to Himeko giving him a good smack), but they are quite close and understand each other very well.
- Worthy Opponent: He and Agata see each other as rivals in terms of intelligence and respect each other as such.
Hime "Himeko" Onizuka
Himeko is the violent "yanki"-girl with a soft spot for cute things. She is the fighter/brawn to the Sket-Dan. In her past she was called the "Legendary Delinquent Onihime" which became a symbol of "power and fear". Himeko seems to now have "calmed down" and leaving behind her days of being the Onihime and has become the second-chief to the Sket-Dan.
Voiced by: Ryoko Shiraishi
- Action Girl: She's the "muscle" for Sket Dan, and is responsible for fighting their enemies, when the situation arises.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: In the final chapter, she tearfully confesses to Bossun she likes him and begs him to come back to Japan soon. Bossun then tells her he likes her too and the rest of their friends. Already fed up with his oblivious nature and not willing to wait for him forever, she decides to give up on him.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: She wasn't known as "Onihime" for nothing! She is very strong when the moment calls it, especially when she gets embarrassed by Bossun.
- Collared by Fashion: Actually a wrestling armbrand, her collar was a gift from Bossun.
- Cuteness Proximity: While she can act like a demon with her hockey field cane, she can't resist to cuteness.
- Dark and Troubled Past: In her backstory, she was betrayed by her friend Arisa who set her up in a bully fight. That fight made her started to be known as 'Onihime' and many delinquents began to pick fights with her. Not so much later, she became isolated because of her friend's betrayal and because everyone was fearing her. After enrolling in Kaimei Academy, she (slowly) became friends with Bossun and he saved her from her loneliness.
- Death Glare: When she gets really angry, it's better to be miles away from her.
- Declaration of Protection: She said to her friend Arisa that she wanted to protect her when she thought she was being bullied. Unfortunately, Arisa took that as Himeko calling her weak and things didn't end well.
- Delinquent Hair: She dyed her hair blonde when she was in middle school to help to spread the name of the delinquent "Onihime". In the present day, she probably keeps that look out of habit.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Bossun ends up experiencing a world of pain whenever he gets on Himeko's nerves. So much, that EVEN he gets both hands broken.
- Extreme Omnivore: The Pelollipop Candy she loves has a variety of very odd flavors. According to her, she is probably the only one able to digest them all.
- Green-Eyed Monster: She becomes jealous when Bossun goes on a group date and doesn't like it when she sees him getting too friendly with Saaya.
- He Is Not My Boyfriend: People often comment on her close relationship with Bossun and wonder if they're couple, and she always corrects them.
- I Call It "Vera": Her field hockey canes' names are based on their brand and model names. They have been referred as: "Valkyrie", "Cyclone" and "Flagarance".
- Important Haircut: A zigzagging example. At first, Himeko gets her hair longer and dyes it as blond to spread the name of the "legendary delinquent Onihime". Once she officially becomes part of the Sket Dan, she cuts it to start fresh as she wants to help people and also wants to move on from the "Onihime".
- Interrupted Declaration of Love: When she gets conscious about her "I want to be more than friends" feelings for Bossun, she always gets interrupted.
- During the Trouble Travel arc, and after being rescued by Bossun, they get interrupted by Switch, who was unconscious some moments before the confession happens.
- When realizing (and after being convinced by Switch) that she has little time to confess because their High School days are ending, Bossun interrupts her while proclaiming they are going to go to the same University... which she decides she could confess to him until then.
- Japanese Delinquents: She wasn't originally a yanki, but after the things around Arisa went bad, she got a reputation. Her blonde bleached hair didn't help either, especially during middle school.
- Kansai Regional Accent: Himeko, being from Osaka, often slips her accent in her speech and writing. However, she uses "atashi" rather than "uchi".
- Loner-Turned-Friend: Her backstory reveals she became a loner after becoming a delinquent and tried very hard to keep it that way upon entering Kaimei Academy before she gave in to Bossun and Captain's friendship.
- The McCoy: The more emotional member of the Sket Dan trio. Plays this role to Bossun's Kirk and Switch's Spock.
- Number Two: She's the first member recruited in the Sket Dan, the vice president and is far more likely to get involved with Bossun's antics than Switch would be.
- Nonuniform Uniform: Himeko has her ribbon undone, avoids the blazer, and wears a choker and heels. She wears a pink cardigan during the colder weather.
- Oblivious to Love: While not that much obvious as Bossun, it looks like everyone in Kaimei Academy suspects that there is too much to their friendship than just Vitriolic Best Buds, except her, of course. Heck, even Switch supports them!
- Red Baron: Her former delinquent nickname was "Onihime" (literally "Demon Princess").
- Say My Name: Often cries out Bossun's name whenever he experiences a world of hurt."BOSSUUUUUUN!!"
- Shout-Out: She shares her last name with another former delinquent who wanted to reform his life in wanting to help people. Adding some other points, Himeko also wants to pursue a teacher career.
- Straight Man: She amplifies her role as the tsukkomi Up to Eleven. And it's Serious Business.
- Team Chef: Her cooking ability is good, as shown in the Gachinko Vivage Battle Arc. She even is mistakenly chosen to participate in the first challenge: a Cooking Duel with the Student Council own Supreme Chef, Michiru Shinba.
- Team Mom: Much to her dismiss, Switch even teases her calling her as mom, at some moments when they end up acting as children and she has to keep them on track.
- Terrible Artist: She recognizes that her artistic talents aren't as good as Bossun's, but they aren't much better than Roman's.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She notoriously evolves her tomboy personality when she starts being involved with the Sket Dan at the time, foe example wearing more skirts and often leaving her field hockey cane aside.
- Trademark Favorite Food: The Pelollipop Candy, to a point where she knows their entire gallery of strange flavors. She even gets to become their spokesperson for a commercial.
- Tsundere: No, she doesn't like Bossun that way, he's only a good friend she's indebted to, don't pay attention to all the blushing or the way she freaks out when someone suggests there's something more between them.
- Turn the Other Cheek: She forgives Arisa for having betrayed her when they meet after years of certain events that triggered her 'Onihime' persona to surface.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: She and Bossun are prone to arguing (which often leads to Himeko giving him a good smack), but they are quite close and understand each other very well.
- Weapon of Choice: Her ability to use a Field Hockey Cane as a weapon shows her rough side and former delinquent background.
Kazuyoshi "Switch" Usui
Switch is the brains and secretary to the Sket-Dan. He is an otaku (no matter how many times he denies it) that has information about EVERYONE in Kaimei High. Switch appears to be the most serious of the group, but his fooling around says otherwise. Switch is tech-savvy to an extreme: his scientific bent puts him at odds with Yuuki Reiko, the devout occultist. Mysteriously, he prefers not to speak, instead communicating via a text-to-speech synthesizer in his laptop. Perhaps there is a hidden side to this eccentric young man...
Voiced by: Tomokazu Sugita, Aki Kanada (young)
- A-Team Firing: Shown to have zero accuracy when he has a gun fight against Daisy in the Gachinko Vivage Battle and fails to hit most of his bullets on her.
- Agent Scully: He is the Scully to Reiko Yuuki's Mulder. He believes that there are no supernatural beings, and thus, he holds his argument on the truth proven by science.
- Badass Normal: He has occasionally shown proficiency in easily taking down people who pose a threat.
- Berserk Button: A minor one, but Switch hates gaps in his data. Learning facts he didn't already know about people upsets him.
- Bishōnen: Is considered to be good-looking (with and without his glasses), lampshaded when Himeko gets him to be Prince Charming instead of Bossun for the Snow White play and when he along with other attractive male students are coined the Kaimei 5 (parodying the handsome F4 group from Hana Yori Dango).
- Chick Magnet: Despite being a consummate weird otaku, he is considered to be pretty handsome and popular. He has never ended a Valentine’s Day empty handed.
- Childhood Friend Romance: He had a crush on his childhood friend, Sawa, and she liked him back. Unfortunately, he didn't know this until the day she moved away after his brother was killed.
- Crazy-Prepared: He usually has a remarkably impractical invention behind the sleeves, if necessary.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Switch is not what he looks like. That nickname was his brother's, Masafumi. Due to his jealousy towards him, he (unknowing it at the moment) led Sawa's stalker to him and Sawa, and ultimately killed him. The triggered guilt trip made Kazuyoshi to be a hikikomori and is the main reason he refuses to speak up until the present. [[Not long after, he became the moderator of "Death Fights", just to bring justice to Masafumi, revealing purposely that he was responsible of all of it. Bossun saved him and helped him to make the first step out of the situation and out of his home.]]
- Gadgeteer Genius: To a degree, his inventions can be amazingly innovative and cool, when necessary... but most of them are impractical and useless.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Tragically deconstructed, towards his little brother, Masafumi. He was jealous of his intellect and friendship with Sawa, and sadly, because of this huge misunderstanding of it being thought as something more than Like Brother and Sister, it led to his killing.
- Hikikomori: He was a shut in for months before joining the Sket Dan.
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die: He blames himself of Masafumi's death since it was his offhand comment that drove the killer to attack him.
- It Amused Me: Switch isn't usually the source of peoples' problems, but it seems like half the time he only gets involved with helping people because their predicaments are a source of great entertainment. Which to be fair, they are.
- Important Haircut: He originally had longer hair and differently combed bangs, but he decided to change it. His current haircut is the only reminder and memory he has left of Masafumi's image on himself.
- Large Ham: Living as a shut-in and being 24/7 logged in to the internet media culture made him the way he is in the present. The default voice on his laptop often is toned to exaggerate when the moment calls it.
- Legacy Character: He isn't the first person to go by Switch. It originally was Masafumi's nickname, and he took it for himself after he died.
- Literally Loving Thy Neighbor: He had a crush on his next door neighbor Sawa, but she eventually moved away after his brother was killed.
- Loner-Turned-Friend: In his backstory it's explained that Switch didn't have any friends when he was a shut-in (although it was a known fact that he would "run away" when someone got into contact with him about school). However, it was Bossun who lent him a hand at first and never gave up to help him. After the "Death Fight" incident, he accepted Bossun's proposal to go to school again. After that, he slowly became friends with him and Himeko.
- Magic Versus Science: He represents the "science" side to Reiko's "supernatural". They always discuss from the very little detail, to just annoy each other.
- Maybe Ever After: The ending of the series implies he might end up in a relationship with Momoka.
- My Sibling Will Live Through Me: As a punishment, he wanted to be the image of his brother at the start. He knows it is nonsense to become a Replacement Goldfish for him, but he still wants to hold on Masafumi's memory, if it's only for a little longer.
- Non-Action Guy: Switch is very athletic when the situation calls for it (especially when playing Genesis), but he prefers to stand in the sidelines. This mostly annoys both Himeko and Bossun sometimes, because he is practically useless in certain situations (just as when it is raining), and also just because he relies on them as the most assertive action guys.
- Nonuniform Uniform: Switch avoids the blazer and tie, and wears a green jumper or vest. He averted this when he first started going to Kaimei however, wearing the proper uniform before his brother's death.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Kazuyoshi prefers to be called "Switch" instead of being called by his given name. He has his reasons about it, though, as it is the only way he can maintain alive the memory of his little brother, Masafumi.
- Otaku: He can deny that he is not one of them, but it is really evident he is caught up with his regular TV, videogames, and anime and manga references.
- Phrase Catcher: "That's our Switch!", after he uses an invention or information gathering skill to help.
- Purely Aesthetic Glasses: His sight wasn’t in fact bad to begin with; he just covered the frames with plastic instead of crystal lenses. However, (as it is revealed through the final chapters) being in front of the computer almost 24/7 in two years made his sight worse at the end.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: He barely shows his eyes behind those glasses, and at some moments, you don’t know what he is really thinking behind them.
- Shipper on Deck: Is supportive of Bossun and Himeko getting together. And he admits he has been since the pretty beginning of the Sket Dan.
- The Smart Guy: Is very intelligent, evident by his good grades and knowledge with technology which is how he taught Masafumi about Computer language at the age of 15.
- The Spock: Is the intellectual member of the Sket Dan. Plays this role to Bossun's Kirk and Himeko's McCoy.
- The Stoic: His expression rarely changes despite what he types. He does not smile and sarcastically pointed it as it was "too embarrassing to do so" the first few days he returned to classes. He can't permit himself to express other emotions rather than surprise.
- Stoic Spectacles: He rarely expresses emotion with his eyes, as they are always hidden behind his glasses.
- The Voiceless: He communicates via text-to-speech with a laptop. The reason he still refuses to speak is because of the guilt over his brother's death and the fact that he still doesn't move on from this event. He eventually does start speaking again.
- Worthy Opponent: He enjoys an intellectual rivalry with Reiko, despite their different beliefs.
HousukeAn African Collard Scops Owl that's found injured by Saaya. He now resides in the club room as a pet of the Sket Dan.
- Cool Pet: Is an owl and thus wouldn't usually be kept as a pet. Lampshaded when Saaya first mention him to the Sket Dan and they go out to collect him, assuming he's a stray dog or cat... then in the next panel they come back with Housuke perched on Bossun's arm and stumped looks on their faces.
- Talking Animal: Is capable of talking in one chapter, thanks to one of Switch's devices! Though about half of his "speech" was just interference from Roman next door. He can also spell out basic words.
- Team Pet: Although originally obtained for Saaya's sake, the Sket Dan end up keeping him and he picks up the unofficial role as the club's pet. His debut story aside, he often can be seen in the clubroom, tends to be used for comedy (such as the time he started "speaking" to the club) but has also proven himself to be useful in aiding the Sket Dan's problems (such as finding house-keys that got stuck in the tree).
The rivals of the Sket Dan, who uphold school rules and handle administrative duties, like the creation and funding of clubs. Within the Sket Dance world, there is a manga series about them, running in Shounen Jump, and a tie-in game on Vivage City, a cellular phone game company.
Soujirou AgataPresident of the Student Council from the 2009 period and a third year student. A very charismatic, laid-back individual, who seemingly does nothing as President. He entrusts most responsibilities to the Vice President, Sasuke Tsubaki. His IQ is around 160. Agata's ability to read and understand people makes him a cunning manipulator when necessary; it's also why he has the complete loyalty of Student Council members Sasuke and Daisy. His performance in the Gachinko Vivage Battle's "Pixie Garden" match with Bossun shows that he is a good strategist, who learns quickly, and is adept at lying. Despite his ruthlessness, and professions that he isn't a nice guy, he's against cheating to win - though he has a tendency to forget things he's said. About the only thing he takes seriously is the protection of his little sister Saaya: the thought of her finding a boyfriend puts Agata into paroxysms.
Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki
- Always Someone Better: He's the only person in the series who has consistently outwitted Bossun.
- Big Brother Instinct: Agata is very protective to his younger sister, Saaya, and only becomes serious when she is involved in a perceived danger.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: He is a genius with an IQ of 160, but prefers to delegate his student council work to his subordinates, while he himself spends the whole time sleeping.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He tends to ignore rule violations (even shoving his paperwork onto his subordinates) but is a respectable leader when he decides to actually try.
- Ditzy Genius: He's extremely laidback, and frequently acts without thinking (e.g. making a bet and later forgetting about it). But despite his antics, he's still the top student in the school, and later managed to get a perfect score in his university entrance exam without actually studying.
- Manipulative Bastard: He has a manipulative side, which comes around if he actually proposes into it.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: He freaks out at the very notion that Saaya might be romantically involved with a boy, and he's the reason why the "Saaya's Fanclub" didn't exist until he graduated.
- Signature Laugh: Known for his unique laugh that goes, "Kakaka!" Bossun makes sure to include this when he impersonates his voice as a joke.
- Student Council President: A role he assumed mostly in name only, until he steps down to focus on his college entrance exams.
- Worthy Opponent: He and Bossun see each other as rivals in terms of intelligence and respect each other as such.
Sasuke TsubakiThe Hot-Blooded Vice President (eventually President) of the Student Council. Opinion among the student body is that Tsubaki takes his responsibilities way too seriously, refusing to tolerate even the slightest infractions in the name of making Kaimei a better school. He believes that the Sket-dan is useless and should be abolished, leading to conflicts with Bossun. The two consider each other rivals and his desire to defeat Bossun and the Sket-dan motivate him to do things he wouldn't otherwise do. He is a skilled fighter, and the boxing club at their school wanted him on their team. He also researches his opponents weaknesses and uses them to his advantage.
- Adorkable: He's rather clueless and is frequently unaware of the crazy hijinks that's going on around him, but his awkward innocence makes him pretty popular among girls.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Similar to Bossun, he can use his intellect to analyse situations.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Tsubaki prefers not to get into scuffles (it's against the rules, after all), but he packs a mean left cross. Coincidently, the Quest Dance AU chapters-saga, gave him the role of a Final Fantasy-esque Monk.
- Blind Without 'Em: He has bad sight and wears contact lenses. He once mistakes the Sket Dan for the Student Council because he apparently can't tell the difference between their room's routes or their members' shadows.
- Calling Your Attacks: On exactly one occasion. It was awesome.
- Catch Phrase: "FOOL!"
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: He takes bullies very seriously, because he was once bullied back when he was in middle school and he couldn't stand for others, as well. It was thanks to a certain person that he was inspired to become stronger and manlier, and thought that joining the Student Council, would help as well.
- The Comically Serious: Compared to the rest of the Student Council, it is ridiculously unbelievable to what extremes he is completely serious. Though, he is often overshadowed by Kiri in this regard.
- Control Freak: Ever since he joined the Student Council, Tsubaki is very passionate to put some order at Kaimei to be extremely done by the rules.
- Death Glare: A Perpetual Frowner who doesn't hesitate to use his glare to set things in order.
- Deuteragonist: Gets a lot of focus and just as much screentime and narrative focus as Bossun when it's revealed that he's Bossun's brother.
- Ditzy Genius: He gets spaced out on occasions, depending on the situation (such as when he dressed up as a girl to help Usami). Heck, he ends up thinking that a USB drive is a pencil lead.
- Forgotten First Meeting: He met Bossun when he was in middle school, the day of their then unknown shared birthday. Due to Tsubaki not wearing his glasses, he doesn’t recognize him as the person who saved him from some bullies.
- Happily Adopted: He was adopted by the doctor who delivered him and Bossun at the dying wish of his mother, as she didn't want to burden Akane with her twins. He figured out he was adopted on his own, but he loves his adoptive family.
- Hereditary Hairstyle: As the fraternal twin of Bossun, he shares a similar hairstyle as their biological dad, Ryosuke, when it's worn long like in his backstory — afterward he decided to cut it off.
- Important Haircut: He cut his hair after he decided he needed to be stronger, manlier and be able to stand up for others.
- Long-Lost Relative: Sasuke is Bossun's twin brother. They both were Separated at Birth.
- Messy Hair: If his hair wasn't cut, it would be as messy as Bossun's.
- Not So Different: Tsubaki shares a lot of similar aspects (some physically and some personality-wise) with Bossun, most of them foreshadowing that they are related to each other. And at the end, it turns out they're twins.
- Number Two: As the vice-president, he acts as Agata's right hand when he's the president of the Student Council, to the extents of handling him some of the council's paperwork and also handling some shady situations around (according to the School’s rules). He is the complete opposite of Agata, as he is way more passionate and Hot-Blooded about his job and responsibility.
- Perpetual Frowner: He usually frowns, since 1) he's a serious guy and 2) it shows how strict he can be with the school.
- The Rival: To Bossun. He, at least initially, constantly tries to sabotage the Sket Dan for their perceived uselessness, while Bossun would constantly try to outdo him, and by extension the Student Council, to prove them wrong. Doubles as Sibling Rivalry when they are revealed to be twins.
- Shrinking Violet: In the past, Tsubaki was very shy and he couldn't stand up for others. He becomes inspired by Bossun, shortly after he saves him from some bullies, in the past. He doesn't know this, though. He then starts taking self-defense classes and becomes Hot-Blooded...
- Student Council President: His period as president starts just after Soujirou steps down to focus on his college entrace exams, and ends just before he finishes his Third Year as a high schooler.
- Stylistic Suck: Has absolutely no fashion sense, drawing skills, or imagination — sadly for him, all things Bossun excels at.
- Terrible Artist: His idea of a good T-shirt is two kanji characters on a plain white design. He almost gets a Heroic B.S.O.D. when Agata points out how lame it was. And then he tries to make a "stylish" T-Shirt... which is so lame that Agata cried when wearing it.
- Worthy Opponent: He taunts Shinzou during the Gachinko Vivage Battle, but retracts his words after an impressive display of courage.
Kikuno "Daisy" AsahinaThe Secretary of the Student Council from the 2009-2010 period, nicknamed "Daisy-chan." While obedient to Agata in her council duties, she has a vicious tongue and an overstock of Flowery Insults for most others. She has good aim and relentlessly attacks without hesitation. While Daisy seems calm and composed on the outside, she is quick to judge others, sometimes leading to fatal underestimations. She copes with failure poorly and takes solace in cuddling stuffed animals.
- Catch Phrase: "D.O.S", which usually stands for "dobude oborete shine" ("Drown in a gutter and die"), but often Daisy tends to use it for other phrases, too.
- Eye Poke: Is prone to poking guys in the eyes when they irritate her.
- Fun with Acronyms: Often abbreviates her put-downs this way, e.g. "D.O.S." = "dobude oborete shine" ("Drown in a gutter and die").
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Went into a Heroic B.S.O.D. because her mom threw away her ripped teddy bear.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: A little cold and doesn't hesitate to insult others, but does show appreciation for her friends and Student Council members (like the time she cries when Agata and Michiru officially graduate).
- Perpetual Frowner: Usually frowns, which goes with her stoic and cold personality.
- Stoic Spectacles: Daisy is too serious, and she rarely expresses something else than "disgust" when she insults others.
Michiru ShinbaA Student Council Member responsible for General Affairs from the 2009 period, and a third-year Student. Popular (and a bit of a dandy), Michiru loves having his picture taken; he has a devoted fangirl club called the "Shinbals". He is an extremely good chef, considered "exceptional even among professionals". Michiru often plays the straight man opposite the quirks of the other student council and is also one of the few people who understands Agata's manipulative side.
- Bishōnen: He's known to be very good-looking, and is the most feminine-looking guy among the cast, although very few people would mistake him as a girl.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: He can't even stand the smell of alcohol without getting drunk.
- The Casanova: Frequently smooth-talks pretty girls, and when he does a pretend break-up with scene Saya (It Makes Sense in Context), he acts like a playboy.
- Straight Man: Sometimes is the only guy who has his act together, such as the time he attempts to do a cooking segment for the school while Agata and Daisy act as his assistants and do a terrible job at it.
- Supreme Chef: According to Mimori, his cooking is better than the professional chefs her family has for hire.
Mimori UnyuuThe Treasurer of the Student Council from the 2009 period, who was later promoted to Vice-President after Tsubaki's ascension. She's the wealthy granddaughter of the Unyuu Group's leader. She is competent enough to know how to allocate hidden funds for the Student Council, but this is countered by her desires to spend frivolously. She believes money is a means to all ends, from love confessions to winning competitions. Despite this, she considers herself an advocate of proper conduct, and even lectures Tsubaki for his uncivilized actions. Outside of her financial duties, she provides refreshments and first aid supplies to the other Student Council members.
- Big Fancy House: Her mansion is already a sight to behold, but then we realize it's just the surface. Underneath the structure is an entire city where her servants and their servants live.
- Buxom Is Better: She probably has the biggest size of breasts (G-Cup) in the entire series, followed closely by Koma, and is praised for her beauty.
- The Ditz: She's an airhead who has no concept of monetary value and lacks common sense. She apparently believes that money makes a good "love letter", to the surprise of her peers.
- Fiction500: Her maids have maids.
- Gainaxing: Her breasts tend to bounce against all logic, mostly in the anime series.
- Obliviously Beautiful: She has G-cup breasts, but she's so airheaded she doesn't realize the blushing they cause to males, especially to Tsubaki. The anime staff took a lot of advantage in turning her into a Ms. Fanservice.
- The Ojou: Is very graceful and is obscenely rich. Her servants' servants have servants. Chapter 196 of the manga goes into detail.
- Parody Sue: Beautiful, sexy, rich, well-liked, and probably does well enough in school to be able to establish a position in the student council. Of course, her role is merely to provide comedic value with her lack of monetary sense.
- Perpetual Smiler: Is nearly always smiling as she's rarely in a bad mood and is The Ditz.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Seems to think that anything can be solved with money, and arbitrarily makes renovations for Kaimei's female toilet that end up taking three times the original floorspace. Tsubaki has to scream at her about how that's against the school regulations.
- Spoiled Sweet: Her father appears to give her unlimited freedom with their wealth, but she mostly uses the money to do what she believes would make others happy (including the aforementioned toilet renovation).
- Uncle Pennybags: She doesn't hesitate to give her money to others.
Hani UsamiA first year student who takes over as Treasurer after Minori moves up to Vice-President. Until she attended high school, she grew up in a family of mostly women and attended only all-girls schools. As a result, she developed a strange split personality. Normally a stoic and withdrawn girl who refuses to associate with men, Usami's flirtatious alter-ego "Bunny" emerges when a male touches her (and reverts with a touch from a female). Usami is a capable student, but her odd condition makes it difficult for her to connect with people.
Voiced by: Yuka Iguchi
- Breast Expansion: Happens when Hani makes the conversion to Bunny. It's more pronounced in the anime, where her expanding breasts causes a button on her uniform to burst.
- Does Not Like Men: Zig-Zagged. As "Usami", she refuses to even talk to males. When she is "Bunny", she throws herself all over guys but dislikes women. She eventually improves her opinion about men, even if it is little by little.
- Hair Decorations: Her bow. It changes position depending on which personality is in control.
- Sexier Alter Ego: As "Bunny", she's very flirtatious, even slutty, and would wear more revealing clothes.
- Shrinking Violet: Due to her fear of men, Usami is very shy with them (and her social skills with the girls aren't exactly better), however she starts changing once her friends at the Student Council and the Sket Dan are rooting for her. Especially after she realizes that she is going to speak with Kiri when he becomes the Student Council President.
- Split Personality: When she touches a guy (intended or accidentally), Usami turns into her alter-ego, "Bunny", who flirts with every boy she sees. She will revert back to Usami when she gets touched by a girl.
Kiri KatouTaking over General Affairs after Michiru takes his leave from the council, Kiri is a descendant of ninjas, and often referred to as the last ninja. He doesn't like to take orders from people, and takes down bad guys with his own brand of justice.
Voiced by: Ryota Ohsaka
- Alliterative Name: Kiri Katou.
- Bishōnen: Is considered to be a handsome guy, lampshaded when he's gathered with the other 4 guys considered to be handsome and get coined the Kaimei 5.
- The Comically Serious: Mostly when life threatens Tsubaki... just like the time of the mafia confused him and when he shrunked. He wasn't amused when the other members of the Student Council were in love with the cute Tsubaki.
- Dye Hard: His hair is dyed white.
- Hair Decorations: Uses clips to hold some of his hair back, probably for practical reasons as a ninja and also to emphasise a bad-ass look.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Always a grump, taking seriously everything because trust issues, but as far as time went on, he proved he is more like this... though it is mostly in front of Tsubaki.
- Ninja: Kiri is descendant of a family of ninjas. He is sometimes referred as the "last ninja".
- Spear Counterpart: To Himeko, both were pretty much isolated in their Junior High days.
- Undying Loyalty: Declares this to Tsubaki after much Character Development.
Kaimei Academy Students
Roman SaotomeShe's a shoujo manga eccentric, who despite being incredibly Genre Savvy to that particular genre, isn't able to draw it too well herself. Roman is able to change the world around her into a shoujo manga-type setting also, with her Roman-fog. She is also very aware that they are all part of the cast in a manga/anime series, and constantly breaks the fourth wall.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Changes the whole perspective of the scene. She sometimes adds an Art Shift to it, as well.
- Chewing the Scenery: Taken Up to Eleven, the time we get around what she was like during First Year... the narrator gave up with her at the end of the page.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: In addition to her clumsiness, her sense of story-telling is very bizarre.
- The Ditz: Roman even lampshades in her initial appearance that she is very clumsy.
- Fourth-Wall Observer: Constantly makes comments that lean on (or downright break) the fourth wall, much to Bossun and Himeko's annoyance. Examples include saying she'll "have her present ready in the next chapter" and her total self-awareness when the narration attempts to talk about her as a first-year.
- Gender-Blender Name: While her name was supposed to mean "romance", Roman is a masculine name in most countries.
- Meaningful Name: Her given name comes from the english word "Romance", while her family name is derived from "otome games".
- Improbable Weapon User: During the Ninja AU she used speech bubbles as shuriken and a shocking screen tone for electrical attacks.
- Nice Hat: Wears a pink beret, a hat commonly associated with mangaka thanks to real-life mangaka Osamu Tezuka's fondness for them.
- Nonuniform Uniform: In addition to the standard white shirt, ribbon and skirt, Roman also wears her beret to emphasise her manga interests.
- Reality Warper: Besides her tendency to Break The Fourth Wall, she can also create illusions, come out of Imagine Spots, and fast forward a Flashback.
- Terrible Artist: Roman's art skills are awful, and her nigh-incomprehensible works are read like a combination of shojo and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. However, she is an aspiring manga artist, who got a recognition in a shoujo magazine, and she starts working later as an assistant.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: She literally sees everything around her as shoujo manga cliches. One example includes her crying out, "Don't fight over me!"... while the guys are simply having a fight over a sports event at the sports festival.
Moe YabasawaA very overweight unattractive girl who seemingly doesn't care about her appearance and is a member of the cheer-leading club.
- Acrofatic: Despite being on the big side, Yabasawa is in the cheerleading squad and she is shown to be a fast runner.
- Big Fun: Is overweight and shown to be on friendly terms with many classmates and praised for her singing.
- Fan Disservice: The anime seems to have fun putting her into in the fanservicey scenes with the other girls.
- Gonk: The series purposely draws her different from other characters, such as giving her big lips shaped a "3" to emphasise her comical face.
- Non-Standard Character Design: She looks completely different compared to the other girls, as she is more shorter, fatter... and she also has a "3" shaped mouth.
- Punny Name: "Yabasawa" is a mixture of her "Yabasu" tic, meaning "Awful".
- Verbal Tic: Sometimes ends her sentences with "yabasu" (awful), and it sometimes slips when she wants to say that something is cool or, well, awful.
- Singing Voice Dissonance: Her talking voice is quite low and purposely done in a comical manner, however her singing is higher-pitched and has a pleasant, clear tone. (Doesn't stop her from using her Verbal Tic, though.)
Shinzou TakemitsuThe captain of the Kendo Club and a self-styled modern-day samurai despite his proficiency with cellphones and computers.
- Born in the Wrong Century: Played with. Shinzou dresses, speaks, and tries to live in the manner of a lifestyle that has no place in the modern world, but he's also fond of many modern technologies.
- Perma-Stubble: Usually has some facial hair on his chin which contributes to his rather mature looks. Himeko convinces him to get rid of it once when he's trying to become more stylish.
- Verbal Tic: Often ends his sentences with de-gozaru, a phrase commonly used by samurais.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Dresses and acts like a samurai from a period piece.
- Younger Than He Looks: He is 16 years old in the beginning of the series... but his face can be mistaken of a 30 year old adult, according to the Sket Dan.
Reiko YuukiA member of the Occult Research Club who is knowledgeable about spiritual, suspicious subjects.
- Agent Mulder: An avid believer of anything supernatural, including divination, occult, etc.
- Beautiful All Along: With some make up she's noted to actually be very pretty.
- Captain Ersatz: Of Sadako from The Ring, something which the cast is very much aware of.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Has black hair, very pale skin and is obsessed with the occult, which is why many consider her to be creepy.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Her love for horror movies, and her affinity with occult and curses definitely qualifies. She is also a member of the Occult Research club.
- The Rival: Shares a rivalry with Switch in regards to the occult vs science.
- Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl: Her design is based on the stereotypical ghost girls in the same vein as Sadako, given her love of ghost stories and the occult.
Ayumi KuramotoA student who asks the Sket Dan for help in cheering Yagi up when the latter seems in dire straits. She also takes Dante to the Sket-Dan whenever he has a problem.
Voiced by: Mai Aizawa
- Ms. Fanservice: Somehow manages to become this in the anime, with three bath scenes despite being an extra. It gets lampshaded by Roman later in the manga.
- Satellite Character: Her role in the manga so far is only to bring her troubled friends to Sket Dan.
Kaoru YagiA member of the broadcasting club best known for her ability to maintain a straight face during any situation.
Voiced by: Kaori Nazuka
- Clear My Name: In her introduction chapter, she's accused of stealing a DVD containing test answers for the school exam.
- Cool Big Sis: An admirable older sister to Tact, but it is a fact that she can become very... very angry if he is causing trouble.
- Creepy Monotone: Shows little emotion and fluctuation in her tone when speaking, which contributes to her stoic nature that unsettles a few people.
- Emotionless Girl: Rarely shows her emotions, something that people usually comment on when she's broadcasting. The Sket Dan even make a request for her to smile in exchange for helping clear her name.
- The Stoic: Usually keeps a straight face.
- Stoic Spectacles: Wears glasses which emphasises her stoic nature.
- When She Smiles: The Sket Dan ask her to smile in exchange for helping her with her problem since she's quite emotionless. The trio are not disappointed when she complies.
Kiyoshi "Dante" DateA Kaimei student and the vocalist for the visual kei band JardiN.
- Bishounen: Is a pretty-boy, unsurprisingly since he's based on Gackt himself.
- Freaky Fashion, Mild Mind: Dresses the same style seen by visual kei artists (goth/punk, heavy makeup etc) but has a gentle personality.
- Multicolored Hair: Since he imitates Visual Kei artists, his hair is multicolored as well, though it looks like it's predominantly purple.
- Peek-a-Bangs: His bangs covers the right side of his face which symbolises both his on-stage charisma and his off-stage shyness.
- Nonuniform Uniform: Not seen with the blazer, and tends to wear some trendy shirt underneath the white-shirt (sometimes along with other accessories) to indicate his visual kei roots.
- Singing Voice Dissonance: His peculiar speaking style and timid voice is at a stark contrast to his singing; there he's capable of saying the lyrics normally and his voice is much deeper and more intense.
- Terse Talker: Speaks in vague one word/phrases not unlike ones that are used in visual kei lyrics, much to the frustration of Himeko and Bossun. Ayumi, however, doesn't have any trouble understanding him, and the Sket Dan too becoming accustomed to his way of speaking.
- Visual Kei: Huge fan of the visual kei genre, and expresses himself using related words. But since this is Sket Dance, he's meant to be a Affectionate Parody of it.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He sports purple hair.
Teppei SugiharaA student who transfers to Kaimei High School in the first episode.
- Back for the Finale: In the anime. He shows up a couple times after the first episode, then again during the Gintama crossover, and then disappears until the last episode.
- Decoy Protagonist: The first episode is about him transfering to another school and treats him as the average protagonist... before he meets the actual main characters Sket Dan and is exposed to their shenanigans.
- Ink-Suit Actor: A bit. It's the glasses, probably...
- New Transfer Student: He is introduced as a recent transferred student to Kaimei, in the very beginning of the series.
Mitsuru JougasakiA troublemaker of Kaimei High School.
Voiced by: Kentaro Ito (Drama CD), Nobuaki Kanemitsu (Anime)
- Accidental Misnaming: The Sket Dan constantly get his name wrong whenever he makes an appearance in the series.
- The Bully: Bullies Teppei in the first episode, and is revealed to have done so to him in the past too. He occasionally reappears as a minor antagonist.
Chiaki TakahashiThe captain of Kaimei High School's softball team.
Voiced by: Airi Sakuno (Drama CD), Satomi Sato (Anime)
- Big Eater: She has a big appetite, eating her food very fast (we can only see a blur!) and getting hungry so easily she has to eat a second obento at school in secret. For example, she once eats 7 kilos of ramen on top of a large box of chocolates and a plate of biscuits. As per the trope she does not show any ill effects or weight gain.
- Class Representative: Has been the class representative in all of her classes, including the Sket Dan's class in 3rd year, presumably due to her leader-like traits obtained from the softball team. Her strong sense of responsibility associated with it is part of the reason why she became Himeko's first friend in high school.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": The Sket Dan often simply refer to her as "Captain" since she plays the role in her team.
- Does Not Like Spam: Can't stomach eggs for the life of her.
- Honorary True Companion: She can't join the Sket Dan because she's already in the softball team, but she's very good friends with them and was present when Bossun decided to form it.
- Missing Mom: Reveals to have a deceased mother, whose photo happens to resemble the Pellolipop mascot girl which is why her brother wants it at one point.
Takako ShimadaAn aspiring journalist who works on the school paper.
Voiced by Yuuka Nakatsukasa
- Motor Mouth: When she's gonna give an interview, prepare for this.
- School Newspaper Newshound: Is a member of the Newspaper Club.
Akitoshi Daimon a.k.a. EnigmanA member of the school's Quiz Society that challenges other clubs to Quiz Battles. His personality changes whenever he dons his Enigman mask.
Voiced by: Satoshi Hino
- Bishie Sparkle: A sparkling effect sometimes hover around him. Lampsaded by Himeko when he first appeared without a mask.Himeko: You even have that sparkly aura around you! What's this unfair difference in character design?!
- Bishōnen: Without his club getup, he's noted to be very attractive. Lampshaded when he's coined alongside other handsome guys as the Kaimei 5.
- Game Show Host: Hosts quiz showdowns against other clubs with or without their consent. His "victims" so far are the Sket Dan and the Student Council.
- Large Ham: Daimon is loud and over-enthusiastic with his mask on, especially when he's hosting the quiz showdowns.
- Mask of Power: His mask apparently causes him to change personality.
- Shrinking Violet: Daimon becomes extremely shy whenever he takes off his mask.
- Split Personality: Whenever the shy Daimon puts the Enigman mask on, he becomes an outgoing and more confident version of himself.
QuecchonEnigman's assistant during the Quiz Battles. Like Akitoshi, also has the personality change whenever she puts on her mask. While she's gentle and obedient with it on, she's rude and cruel with it off.
Voiced by: Eri Kitamura
- Bare Your Midriff: The top she uses during the Quiz Battles reveals her torso.
- Curtains Match the Window: Has green eyes and hair.
- Lovely Assistant: Whenever she is under her Quecchon persona, she acts as the assistant to Enigman.
- No Name Given: Everyone simply calls her Quecchon. Her real name is never revealed in the series.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her club nickname Quecchon is the only name we now her by.
- Split Personality: A very rude and cruel girl, who becomes gentle and submissive when she dons on her mask.
- Tsundere: Starts warming up to Daimon, although she is still very rude to him. Emphasised when she's visibly irritated and keeps telling him to go away when he tries to help her look for her lost item but acts genuinely nice and embarrassed when she gives him said lost item - the Valentine's Day chocolate she made for him.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green hair, in her case.
Saaya AgataAgata's younger sister who becomes a Sket Dan regular after her initial appearance. She has a crush on Bossun.
Voiced by: Kana Hanazawa
- Ascended Extra: Has a larger presence in the anime (such as showing up in stories she originally didn't appear in the manga), thanks to Adaptation Expansion.
- Cuteness Proximity: Really adores animals and finds them cute... and that includes owls.
- Gainaxing: Her breasts are already big, but the anime gives them more than a bounce whenever she is moving.
- Girlish Pigtails: Wears twin-tails which both shows her tsundere side and her girlish side.
- Moe: Invoked in-universe. "It's like she's stepped out of a dating sim game."
- Nonuniform Uniform: She usually wears a jumper or ties it around her waist.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Falls for Bossun who accepts her for who she is instead of becoming irritated with her tsundere personality or forcing her to change.
- Tsundere: Her fluctuating cold and sweet personality is lampshaded and parodied extensively. She even asks the Sket Dan to help her get rid of this personality trait, however Bossun convinces her to stay as she is.
- Underdogs Never Lose: Played for Laughs when Saaya, known for being terrible at sports, has to race against noted sports girls Captain, Hori and Daisy at the sports festival... and wins, because Hori tripped over her shoelaces, Daisy slipped and Captain got caught up in the accidents. Himeko, who was pitying her beforehand, is dumbfounded when she finds out.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Wears knee-high socks with her school uniform.
Koma MorishitaA shy and big first year student with uncontrollable strength.
Voiced by: Mamiko Noto
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Even stronger (and destructively so) than Himeko! Played for Laughs. Her entire family shares this trait.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Her violent behaviour towards Bossun is always Played for Laughs.
- Huge Schoolgirl: At 5'11", she is perhaps the largest student in Kaimei.
- Male Gaze: Her bust size is noted to be very large, and some times the Fanservice kicks in (as shown in the cover of volume 27).
- Misplaced Retribution: Has a tendency to get violent when embarrassed. Due to aforementioned Charles Atlas Superpower, this could have painful results (always for Bossun). The Sket Dan even come up with a name for it: the "Koma Cannon".
- No Guy Wants an Amazon: She believes that her height and Super Strength will kill her chance of dating. And she's right.
- The Quiet One: One of many problems surrounding Koma is that she is very quiet and soft-spoken, and fears to speak up louder to her classmates.
- Statuesque Stunner: She easily towers over everyone and she has a banging, curvaceous body under that uniform.
- Shrinking Violet: Koma is very shy, and very soft-spoken, as she prefers to not speak up louder than her classmates. Since she is very insecure about her Charles Atlas Superpower, embarrassing her is a terrible idea.
Minoru "Cherry" SakuraA boy who despite his innocent appearance (and often could be mistaken by a girl) is a pervert and likes to guess about Kaimei's female students measures and other things about them with the Gesuling club (which unsurprisingly gets disbanded due to the nature of their activities).
- Chivalrous Pervert: It's the "way of the gesu". Cherry wouldn't lay a hand on a girl... but would tell her dirty jokes. And he often imagines their measures.
- Covert Pervert: At first sight you couldn't guess Cherry is one of them due to his innocent looks! Especially if you're in the Student Council!
- Dirty Kid: The reason of why he started to be so gesu was because at 3rd grade, he found a bunch of erotic magazines in a storage room. It went down from there (though it's pretty normal?)...
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: His picture gets mistaken for a girl by Shinzou. His innocent appearance could be a factor in all this... not to mention, his entire name could be also pretty misleading too (Minoru is also a name for girls).
- Meaningful Name: His nickname, Cherry, comes from "cherry boy", a term that applies to a virgin.
- Verbal Tic: Especially when he is in his pervert mode, gesu! (Also often he likes to say dirty jokes). Or when he is pretty nervous in front of a girl he likes.
Shinpei TakemitsuShinzou's younger brother who became a delinquent in his middle school due to some issues with his brother, although he mellows down after those issues are resolved. Has a rivalry with Kiri Katou due to their Samurai vs. Ninja dynamics.
Voiced by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Fights with his back to Kiri in Chapter 194 when fighting against a group of delinquents who have tried to scam Shinzou and Tsubaki.
- Big Brother Worship: Refers to Shinzou as his "honorable older brother" (aniue in Japanese, a very formal term that's also commonly used by samurai).
- The Rival: Begins a rivalry with Kiri since they are a samurai and ninja respectively. Also because they get a bit too fired up about Tsubaki (Kiri's upperclassman and student council club president) and Shinzou, who did battle once.
Michinori MagataVice-president of the Boys' Manga Club and part of the "Sainon & Magarfunkel" mangaka duo with Nozomu Saikawa.
Voiced by: Akira Ishida
- Homage: Michinori's design is based on Motoo Abiko, Fujiko Fujio (A), half of the Fujiko Fujio artist duo. Or more specifically, his semi-autobiographical version in Manga Michi. He is shorter than his partner, Saikawa, and he also has rounder glasses.
- Smug Smiler: Whenever he brags about his talents in front of Roman, he is always seen with a smug expression on his face.
Jin KakiuchiA boy who falls in love with Himeko after she saves him from Japanese Delinquents.
Voiced by: Kazuyuki Okitsu
- Love at First Sight: Falls for Himeko the very moment he meets her, thanks to a fortune teller predicting he'll meet his soul mate who will have a small blue object (her hockey stick) and flowing golden hair (her dyed hair). He keeps trying to woo her until it becomes clear to him she and Bossun are Like an Old Married Couple.
kohai" (to the Sket Dan) group of helping people in Kaimei High School. Formed after they give up their plans to hijack the Sket Dan. They have the same vision of helping people as the Sket Dan and they often steal their clients as a way to replace them. According to the rules of Kaimei Academy, there shouldn't be two clubs with the same objective, but the Student Council President Tsubaki gives them a pass because he hopes that "someday they will be doing a better job to help people with their abilities" than the Sket Dan. The trio eventually decide to officially (and genuinely) succeed Bossun, Himeko and Switch as Sket Dan members after their retirement.
Takuto "Tact" Yagi
- Jerkass: Isn't a pleasant person to get along with unless his sister, Kaoru, is around. Justified, because she becomes very scary when she gets angry.
- Photographic Memory: Similar to Bossun in some aspects, as much as he doesn't want to admit, he has an incredible memory for things that get lost. He would mentally construct the scene accordingly to what other would tell him.
- Smug Smiler: Whenever he is in front of Bossun, he always smiles in a way to show that he is better than him.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Starting off as a minor antagonist trying to hijack the Sket Dan and writing them off as idiots, Tact comes to respect the members, especially Bossun, and appreciates what they've done for the school. The change in attitude is apparent when he asks again to take over the Sket Dan, this time as their successor rather than as someone trying to kick them out of the club.
Kinue "Silk" Azuma
- Magician Detective: Sort of. She does indeed know how to use magic, to some extents...
- Nice Hat: Wears a small top-hat, probably to symbolise her role as the magician.
Hidesato "Smile" Sakasu
- The Speechless: Smile has a similar role as Switch in the Pocket Dan as their voiceless member, but instead of not speaking due to whatsoever reason as him, Smile is a mute. Tact and Silk have to interpret whatever he is trying to say to other people, and other times he would use a board or a notebook to speak to others.
Kaimei Academy Teachers
Kunio YamanobeAn eccentric geography teacher who hires the Sket Dan to help him form a "Genesis" club ("Genesis" being the name of a ball game taught to him by Master Won similar to tennis, but involving a volleyball, and fishing nets) — the idea is receded when Tsubaki explains that if the three are to start the "Genesis" club, the Sket Dan would be disbanded. Yamanobe later teaches the Sket Dan more ridiculous games apparently taught to him by Master Won.. He later becomes the advisor of his own games club.
Voiced by: Jun Konno (Drama CD), Nobuyuki Hiyama (Anime)
- Calvinball: Whenever he makes an appearance expect him to introduce a weird game that he will ask the Sket Dan to play with him.
- Large Ham: Very enthusiastic and hot-blooded when it comes to his beloved games.
- Mundane Made Awesome: He's usually able to make his rather lame/tedious games quite exciting for his students.
- Sensei-chan: A rare male example, he's hardly any more mature than his own students and often drags the Sket Dan into his nonsensical games.
Tetsuji "Chu-San" ChuumaA chemistry teacher and the homeroom teacher for class 2-C. He is the faculty sponsor for the Sket Dan, a fact he often uses to get them to do things for him. He frequently creates odd potions and explosives which oftentimes backfire.
Voiced by: Hayato Nakata (Drama CD), Joji Nakata (Anime)
- Absent-Minded Professor: Doesn't quite take his teaching duties seriously at times and has a habit of leaving his potions lying around which leads to people (Bossun usually) innocently drinking them.
- Education Through Pyrotechnics: For a chemistry teacher, Chuuma is quite skilled at blowing up experiments.
- Mad Scientist: A chemistry teacher who's always making questionable potions and is not at all hesitant to make his students his guinea pigs.
- Not So Stoic: Usually stoic but will get flustered when appropriate, like when students accidentally drink his potions or when he has an... unusual meal with his daughter and Remi at a restaurant (revealed to have been a plot to make him drink the love drug). In Chapter 273 he also breaks down at he and Remi's "wedding" ceremony organised by his homeroom, going on a rant that they're embarrassing the two of them and he doesn't even like school - but he then tears up, being really happy they'd do this much for him.
- Official Couple: Becomes engaged to Remi Misora, a teaching assistant he's been helping out and has shown concern for (such as the time she has a date with a pervert he used to be classmates with). They end getting married much time later in the series.
- Reed Richards Is Useless: Mentions that some of his wacky inventions (like a Fountain of Youth drug and Invisibility potion) could win him the Nobel Prize (and even more once they become perfect), that is, if Sket Dance wasn't a Gag Series.
- The Stoic: He always has an absent look and serious face, as he rarely smiles for others (with exception of his daughter, Suzu).
Remi MisoraA clumsy, often scatter-brained, woman who takes over as a teaching assistant at Kaimei High School when Sayama goes on maternity leave. Originally was the star of a kids show, but her dream was always going to be a teacher.
Voiced by: Sakura Tange
- Beauty Mark: Has a mole at the corner of her eye, contributing to her beauty.
- The Ditz: Remi often confuses words and phrasings, commonly making mistakes (such as confusing Chuuma's experiments with tea). It's actually a trait she shares with the rest of her family, with exception of her brother.
- Dojikko: Her clumsiness seen to be attractive by some people, like the Gesuling Club.
- Excited Kids' Show Host: Her original job was a kids show host and was a very enthusiastic one at that.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a hair band, which suits a cute and former kids show host like her.
- Insistent Terminology: She likes to be called Onee-san (or the variant of Remi-Onee-san) by her students.
- Malaproper: Mostly thanks to her ditziness and way to confuse words, she tends to massacre proverbs.
- Misplaced Kindergarten Teacher: Remi is a former host of a children TV show (similar in the veins of Sesame Street), but she becomes the assistant homeroom teacher of 2nd Year high schoolers. Emphasised when she helps calm down and entertain a kindergarten class while their teacher is injured.
- Official Couple: Develops a crush on Chuuma and becomes engaged to him when he's shown to reciprocate. They get married much time later in the series.
- Older Than She Looks: Apparently she's 27, but she looks as old as her students. Actually, some look even older than her.
- Sensei-chan: Due to her ditziness and kids show origins, she shows a similar maturity to her students and gets along with them well.
Junichi "J-Son" SenseiA shop class teacher at Kaimei High School and the homeroom teacher for Class 2-B. Despite his frightening appearance, he has a fragile heart and gets nervous easily.
Voiced by: Jurota Kosugi
- Face of a Thug: His face resembles a hockey mask not unlike the ones seen in horror movies, so it creeps all his dates out despite he himself having a gentle personality.
- Hockey Mask and Chainsaw: Parodied for his face actually looks like a hockey mask.
- Shout-Out: Looks like the masked Jason and has the appopriate nickname J-son.
Momoka KibitsuWhen first introduced, she's the leader of the yankee girls from Nikkou High School, and claims herself as the "Onihime". She tells her three followers to bring Himeko to the park near a train station to beat her up. She later then finds out that the legendary "Onihime" was Himeko herself. After finding the truth, she becomes Himeko's follower and only listens to her.Later on, she becomes a famous voice actor. And an actress. To even later to become an Idol Singer.
Voiced by: Marina Inoue
- Death Glare: Momoka can pull a very intimidating one, whenever she gets irritated by others. It's what got her a role for an anime audition, as she could channel the intentions of the character in her.
- Dye Hard: When her and Himeko were accidentally turned into 27 year olds at the end of chapter 36, they both had black hair. That means they both bleach their hair, as part of the typical Japanese delinquent look.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a hairband to go with her big delinquent-styled hair, which helps show her femininity and cute looks.
- Heel–Face Turn: From a minor villainess to one of the Sket Dan's closest friends.
- Idol Singer: After her voice acting and acting adventures, someone notices her talent for singing and turns her into an idol singer. She becomes a very popular one at that, often holding concerts.
- Maybe Ever After: With Switch, as the final chapter reveals that there's a possibility that they will be dating from then on.
Akane FujisakiBossun's mother.
Voiced by: Akeno Watanabe
- Amicable Exes: Though we never see her ex-husband (Rumi's dad), it's implied that there are no hard feelings about their failed relationship.
- Bi the Way: Presumably is attracted to men seeing how she was once married to Rumi's dad, but is heavily implied to also swing the other way in episode 48 where she flirts with Himeko.
- Gainaxing: Not usually in her anime appearances, but in the anime intros her breasts tend to bounce.
- Older Than They Look: She still looks quite young to be a mother of a (adoptive) 17-year-old son and a 14-15-year-old daughter.
Rumi FujisakiBossun's sister. Though she frequently treats him like her personal servant, she also genuinely cares for him.
Voiced by: Yuki Kashiwagi
- Adaptation Expansion: She appears later in the manga when Bossun's backstory is revealed, but she and her mom has a lot of Early-Bird Cameo roles in the anime.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Prone to sending her old brother Bossun out to buy her pudding amongst other things to annoy him and isn't hesitant to make fun of him or kick him.
- Hair Decorations: Wears hair clips to push her bangs to the side, probably to emphasise her girliness and youth.
- Like Brother and Sister: She wants her relationship with Tsubaki to be felt as brother and sister, since they both share Bossun as a brother (despite him only being blood-related to Tsubaki).
- Not Blood Siblings: She has a different dad from Bossun and Akane is revealed to not be his biological mother, hence making them not blood related. She lampshades the trope to Switch, who dryly comments that the odds of anything happening between them are less than zero.
- School Newspaper Newshound: She becomes a variant of this after she joins the School Newspaper's club in Kaimei Academy, once she becomes a high school student.
- Vocal Dissonance: Rumi is younger than Bossun, yet she noticeably sounds older than him in the anime.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Wears thigh-high socks with her school uniform.
Masafumi UsuiSwitch's younger brother.
Voiced by: Tetsuya Kakihara
- Affectionate Nickname: His friends usually called him "Usui-chi", which evolved as "Switch".
- Posthumous Character: He was killed due to his brother causing a misunderstanding with a Yandere that killed him thinking he was Sawa's boyfriend.
- Teen Genius: He was the one that developed the voice-synthetizer program that Switch would use later... well, if it wasn't for Kazuyoshi himself of having taught him about programming in the first place...
Sawa YamauchiSwitch and Masafumi's childhood friend.
Voiced by: Yumi Hara
- Break the Cutie: A cute and kind-hearted girl, she was overcome with grief after she saw Masafumi get killed and eventually moved away due to her guilt.
- Childhood Friend Romance: She and Kazuyoshi liked each other, but they were separated after she moved away because of Masafumi's death.
- The Ditz: Often mixed up her English words in conversation and had to be corrected by Masafumi.
- Survivor Guilt: She blames herself for Masafumi's death, especially since his killer originally meant to attack her but ended up killing Masafumi to make her suffer.
Arisa KanouHimeko's first friend in middle school after moving to Tokyo. She betrayed Himeko and is responsible of her becoming a delinquent.
Voiced by: Haruka Tomatsu
- Affectionate Nickname: Himeko calls her Aa-chan.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: When Himeko said she wanted to protect her from bullies, Arisa took it as Himeko calling her weak and pitying her so she set her up in a bully fight.
- Easily Forgiven: She's genuinely sorry when she reunites with her, but she's otherwise responsible for Himeko losing trust in people and adopting the violent delinquent lifestyle which had a big negative effect on her. Regardless, Himeko is quick to forgive her.
- Freudian Excuse: She was bullied and afraid that it would happen again she decided to become the leader of the bullies with her money.
- I Control My Minions Through...: She controlled the school bullies with her money.
Suzu ChuumaChuuma's daughter.
Voiced by: Yui Ogura
- Hair Decorations: Uses a hairtie with a heart on it to wear a small ponytail on the top of her head, indicating her young age.
- Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter: The cute and mostly normal daughter of the quirky scientist Chuuma.
- Missing Mom: Her mother passed away at some point, with Chuuma explaining to Remi he's a widower. Suzu doesn't appear to let this get to her in the current timeline and is supportive of her dad remarrying.
- Shipper on Deck: Is very supportive of her father getting together with Remi Misora, mostly because she likes Remi (due to her kids show roots) but also because she'd like her father to be happy again. They officially marry later.
- Wise Beyond Her Years: Is only 7 years old but is very level-headed and appears to be smart. She knows how to use Chuuma's Love Potion kit, hilariously revealed to be the one who had to take Remi's absent-minded and lost father to he police station, and is also the one who stops Chuuma and Bossun's meeting with Remi's family from going chaotic and makes them get their act together.
Ryosuke KirishimaBossun's biological father.
Voiced by: Hiroyuki Yoshino
- Childhood Friend Romance: Known Haru since childhood and ended up marrying her.
- Disappeared Dad: Bossun never met him and he was told by Akane, that he abandoned her when she was pregnant. The truth, however, is that he died long ago, after saving a boy on the day of his sons' birth.
- Generation Xerox: He looks exactly like Bossun and Sasuke before the latter cut his hair.
- Happily Married: Got married to childhood friend Haru, and both were excited about starting a family together before their deaths.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He died on the day of his sons' birth when he jumped in front of a car to protect a boy named Taisuke.
- Parental Abandonment: As a baby, his parents deserted him and he was raised at an Orphanage of Love.
- Posthumous Character: He died long before the start of the series on the day of his sons' birth.
Haru KirishimaA close friend of Ryosuke and Akane.
Voiced by: Masumi Asano
- Childhood Friend Romance: Known Ryosuke since childhood and ended up marrying him.
- Generation Xerox: Some of her physical features are more present on Sasuke, especially his eyelashes.
- Happily Married: Got married to childhood friend Ryosuke, and both were excited about starting a family together before their deaths.
- Missing Mom: She died giving birth to her sons.
- Posthumous Character: She died long before the beginning of the series; she got in a car accident and died after giving birth to her sons.
Voiced by: Aya Hisakawa
- Beware the Nice Ones: Is very welcoming towards Bossun and Switch when they come over to study with Himeko, but become very angry when she catches them lazing around instead. She goes as far as to make the boys stay over so she can make the trio study all night for their exams. She scares them all enough to get them good grades (with Bossun even topping the class).
- Red Baron: Himeko tells her friends that her mother was once known as "Oniyome" (Demon Bride) by her family, some time after she got married.