open/close all folders
Other Staff Members
The Head Writer for Animation Department, director for Red vs. Blue from Season 11 to Season 14, the voice for Jaune Arc, Felix, and David and writer for Red vs. Blue, RWBY and Camp Camp.
- Amicable Exes: With Arryn, if their Twitter interactions are any indication.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: He actually confirmed that he has ADHD in a recent podcast, and has not been taking medication for it recently if he is to be believed.
- Badass Beard: When he grows his beard out.
- Butt-Monkey: In The Gauntlet, he gets forced to wear a suit of MJOLNIR armour... which would be awesome if anybody else had also been forced to, meaning he is sarcastically called an attention seeker.
- Deadpan Snarker: For all his crazy antics he does have a good deadpan sense of humour.
- Friend to All Living Things: Just watch how upset he gets when Barbara murders the cricket he had been freaking her out with. Although this may be because she killed it under his desk. He also likes Joe the Cat and Rebel the dog.
- Fun Personified: Even more so on caffeine.
- Groin Attack: Once had Joe the Cat thrown onto his crotch. Watch here, at 8:20.
- Large Ham: From time to time.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Miles spends his time before playing Sonic talking and lolling around. Cue the game starting and he gets serious, promptly kicks seven shades of blue out of both Gavin and Justine, the latter of whom started before he did, and gets a few good lines of trash talk in.
- Marshmallow Hell: Was a victim of this in a strip club. It got really, really, weird.
- Perma-Stubble: Seems to be his favored look.
- Those Two Guys: With Kerry.
- Trash Talk: When iJustine asks "who plays this crap?", his response is "I do! Suck my balls!"
- Troll: Towards Brandon. The only reason that he voted to keep Joe in the office was to annoy Brandon. He also acts this way towards fans, at one point including an evil laugh as part of his tweet announcing a new RWBY episode.
Brandon FarmahiniA later employee who joined around the same time as Jack, he's yet another butt of many jokes.
- Butt-Monkey: He frequently gets insulted on the podcast, and when he got a role in Red Vs Blue it was that of an Iron Buttmonkey.
- Genius Ditz: When they tried to get him to fail at science questions in the way that Ben failed at America questions, it backfired horribly and he proved himself rather knowledgeable.
- Genre Blind: Talking about politics on the podcast is generally not seen as a good thing to talk about, as it causes people who are otherwise good friends to get into big arguments. Brandon fails to see why on several occasions.
- The Klutz: He's reportedly a bit clumsy, if some of the RTAA episodes with him are to be believed.
- The Load: During the Podcast playthrough of Payday 2, none of the group are exactly good but Brandon is downed the most which forces them to keep reviving him.
- One Steve Limit: Invoked by Burnie in the shorts, albeit on very ridiculous grounds.
Chris DemaraisAn employee whose official job is leading RT's live-action writing team, and is the creator of Nature Town. Easily the guy with the strangest thought process at Rooster Teeth.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: During A Simple Walk into Mordor, Chris wastes time trying to scare some sheep and cows away without needing to.
- Bad Date: Had one that, if the voice he is using is correct, was with a Ghoul.
- Blind Without 'Em: Has pretty bad vision without his glasses or contacts.
- Butt-Monkey: The source of many funny stories (at his expense) on the podcast.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: He has shades of this, both in the shorts and real life. Just listen to him on podcast #216.
- A Day in the Limelight: He and Adam are the two "behind-the-scenes" employees that get equal prominence as the well-known ones in Ten Little Roosters.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Determinator: Throughout the entire of A Simple Walk Into Mordor, he and Kerry both found themselves set back by blisters, strained muscles and general exhaustion... and still kept going.
- Ditzy Genius: He was the valedictorian of his high school class, but you would be excused for not realizing.
- Friend to All Living Things: Pretty much any time Chris sees animals he gets excited like a child and needs to pet it.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Aaron
- Hidden Depths: Chris usually looks very confused and spacey but not only was he valedictorian of his high school but his former classmates regarded him as a genius.
- Lethal Chef: If his stories about cooking are to be believed.
Marshall RimmerNeeds a Better Description
Joe the CatThe resident Team Pet who Michael, Lindsay, Gavin and Miles are often seen hanging around with. Has a parody account on Twitter and two fan clubs on the website.
- Cats Are Mean: Or so Gus claims. Matt seems to not like him either.
- Cool Cat: For most of the cast.
- Cuteness Proximity: If he comes near anyone (except Gus or Matt), they will instantly stop what they're doing to at least pet him. Best seen on the podcast.
- Fat Cat: Seems a bit of an Informed Attribute, but he reportedly put on several pounds after he moved over to the building.
- Gentleman Snarker: Voiced as this in his appearance on the pets edition of RT Recap.
- High on Catnip: Played with. His reaction to a bag full of catnip was to tear a script and throw up. Burnie was not at all happy about the guys giving it to him, promptly calling Brandon a moron for doing so.
- His Name Really Is "Barkeep": As reinforced by Burnie, his name is Joe the Cat, not Joe.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: As a cat, he has a tendency to run off, essentially forcing the others to find him every now and then.
- The Stoic: Played with. He seems to not mind being lifted up, and as shown on RT Podcast #185, you can even lift him up and swing him like a pendulum and he won't care- he'll just roll back into your lap and start joyfully meowing as you stroke his belly.
- Team Pet: Until Gus kicked him out.
The community manager of Rooster Teeth and voice for characters including Yang Xiao Long, O.R.F., and Lt. Katie Jensen. Much like Gavin, she's an ascended fan that volunteered on numerous fan events and was eventually formally hired. Much like Michael, she also lends her voice to the FUNimation dub of Fairy Tail as Cosmos.
- Adorkable: If you hear her accounts of meeting Burnie for the first time, they're very sweet in a shy way.
- Canada, Eh?: She's originally from Canada. Usually downplayed, though she complains more about the Austin heat than the others and has a great affinity for Tim Horton's coffee. It becomes a joke in one of their Vine videos.Gavin: Canadians don't have a sense of humor.
Barbara: THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN, EH?!
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: After the 2013 Horse Tournament, she seems to be this way as a gamer, as she proves to be a decent Sonic player.
- Epic Fail: She is not very good at Halo. Lampshaded when Gavin beat her in the Horse Tournament and Burnie and Joel just scoff, commenting "it's not hard".
- Took a Level in Badass: For the 2013 tournament, she did some practice to try and not do as badly. She again gets eliminated in her first match, but to be fair that time she was up against Ray, and she managed to win three rounds and briefly overtake Ray. Considering Ray is quite possibly the best gamer out of everybody in the entire office, this is particularly impressive and Ray congratulates her for doing as well as she did. She also plays as part of the RT Team for The Gauntlet in Season 2, and their team comes second in the first game.
- Ms. Fanservice: Sometimes, most notably in the "Siri Horror Movie" short, though she has occasionally shown contempt for people who think she exists just for this reason. Just watch her Animated Adventure episode to see how.
- There is a Vine video that was recorded which has Gavin and Burnie's X-ray glasses work, leaving a brief shot of her in a bra. Cue jokes on Youtube about how most guys (and a few girls) paused the video at that moment.
- One of the Boys: While more girly than Lindsey, Barbara is very unladylike, especially with her taste in humour. Because of this, she had some issue with some of the older female friends and colleagues of Rooster Teeth who called her out for making thee jokes, even though the boys made similar, and even identical, jokes that she was making.
- Phrase Catcher: "Goddammit, Barb!" or just "Goddammit!" in response to yet another bad pun. It even got made into a T-shirt!
- Platonic Life Partners: With Gavin. Neither of them are interested in dating and are just good friends.
- Pungeon Master: She can find a pun for everything.
- Troll: She runs around and waxes Gavin's arms on a semi-regular basis, much to his pain.
- Statuesque Stunner: Barb is 5'9 and, as noted above, occasionally has her Ms. Fanservice moments.
One of the animators, motion capture proponents and a writer for RWBY. Also known as "Dragonface", he often joins in with the other Achievement Hunters in their Let's Plays.
- Butt-Monkey: Gets treated like dirt by the Achievement Hunters when he plays with them, mostly when Gavin is not there to chew on. Case in point, see "Shaggy Dog" Story below.
- Deadpan Snarker: While he barely says much, he falls into this when he talks.
- Determinator: Throughout the entire of A Simple Walk Into Mordor, he and Chris both found themselves set back by blisters, strained muscles and general exhaustion... and still kept going.
- The Minotaur: To Mad King Ryan, nickname aside.
- One-Winged Angel: Takes the form of an anthropomorphic Edgar to slaughter the AH crew during Mad King Ryan.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: The infamous Let's Play Grand Theft Auto V episode "Enter the Dragonface" was apparently this: The AH Crew put him through a humiliating initiation tests, which would be more typical if happened to Gavin, putting him though some of the stuff they did for Let's Plays and Things to Do in GTA, bring him into the Fake AH Crew group after succeeding... then apparently kicking him out a few weeks later.
- Sixth Ranger: Has appeared in a few Achievement Hunter Let's Plays, often filling in for somebody who isn't present. That said, he will occasionally join when the whole team is present. He's filled in for Ryan in episode 74 of Let's Play Minecraft, owing to Ryan being on paternity leave- specifically, his wife was giving birth there and then during the original filming. Today, it's really gotten to the point he's pretty much taken up Caleb's spot as a cast member for the AH crew.
- Really cranked up in Ryan's second reign as king, where Kerry acts as the Mad King's assistant, receives a house in Achievement City (a room under Michael's house), and is the True Final Boss of the Let's Play.
- He's become a semi-regular in Let's Play Grand Theft Auto V despite his removal from the Fake AH Crew.
- The Quiet One: To the point where a joke on the podcast is that Kerry has said one word: "president". He talks on the Internet Box a little more, but apart from that he's relatively quiet.
- He is becoming less of this in Let's Play GTA V.
- Those Two Guys: With Chris, and also Miles.
- True Final Boss: Of Mad King Ryan II.
Jordan CwierzThe animator of Rooster Teeth Animated Adventures. Worked in LA part time until December 2012, when he moved to Austin full time.
- Badass Beard: He almost never shaves it off.
- Character Exaggeration: While the use of audio files restricts what he can do, he tends to exaggerate facial features, and he's not above editing the file to make it sound a little funnier as well. This is done for Rule of Funny.
- The Cameo: He appeared as as a soldier operating a Scorpion turret in Rv B.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: At gaming in general; he's done okay so far in The Gauntlet.
- Sharp Dressed Man: Most of the time.
- Stylistic Suck: His art's barely a step above stick figures, but it's funnier that way.
- The Quiet One: He's started speaking a bit more recently though.
Brian BehmA graphics expert.
Adam "Grufftech" Baird
Adam "Gilby" EllisTech Support guy, and co-host of the How To side series alongside Joel Heyman.
Blaine GibsonFormer intern turned full-time employee in December 2013. Audio operator for The Rooster Teeth Podcast.
- The Big Guy: Sometimes fills this role, both in physical size and in demeanor.
- Blind Without 'Em: When he's not wearing his contacts as discussed in Podcast #357.
- Fanservice: Appeared naked in the RT Short "Amazon Delivery Drone". Played a character which wore nothing but a harness and shorts in "The iBlade Trilogy" RT Shorts.
- Troll: Was the mastermind of the "Färt Hoofer" prank.
Ashley JenkinsHead of Rooster Teeth's news network The Know and frequent contributor to The Patch.
- Big Eater: Getting between Ashley and food is apparently a death sentence. Animated Adventures depicts her as basically turning into a ravenous demon if a meal is late.
- Sarcasm Mode: "We're all really proud of you, Ryan." Said when he failed utterly in Mario Kart 8.
Jon RisingerA recently-hired graphic designer; he's the man behind most of the T-shirt designs and more recently, the RWBY Glamour poster. Also the host of On The Spot
- Butt-Monkey: It seems that the real goal of On The Spot is to annoy him as much as possible.
- In-Series Nickname: The Achievement Hunters call him "The Rise-monger".
Tyler CoeA recent hire, he is the host of the newest podcast, Sportsball.
- The Alcoholic: Maybe not in actuality, but drank an absolutely absurd amount of Maker's Mark in one pull during On The Spot.
- Badass Baritone: His voice is quite deep.
- Butt-Monkey: To the point where there is a segment on Sportsball dedicated to people leaving voicemails telling him to fuck himself.
- Extended in his newest On the Spot appearances, where frequent jokes are made regarding his failed relationships.
Previously known in a prior Internet life as Tatsudoshi, she was the creator and host of the monthly series, Coming Soon. She was an editor for Achievement Hunter until March 19, 2016, and now does work for The Know.
- Bi the Way: Referred to herself as pansexual/panromantic on his Tumblr.
- Hidden Depths: She goes into detail about her experiences with school on her Tumblr page. Examples include graduating high school at 15 and having her teachers disapproving of her using college level theories for high school math.
- Motor Mouth
- My Nayme Is: Her name appears to be a deliberate misspelling of "Caden".
- No Pronunciation Guide: The K is pronounced as a vowel.
- The Quiet One: Previously, if she appears in any Achievement Hunter video other than her own series for them, she will not talk. This was justified as she was a more behind-the-scenes person in the division than anything.
- This has been changing as she's been appearing in various Let's Plays and is now part of Let's Build.
- Red Baron: The Troll Lord, due to her Countdown choices.
- Running Gag:
- Being referred to as "Kuh-den" or "K-done".
- "Michael's brother."
- Transgender: Was assigned male at birth but came out as a woman in April 2016.
- While she prefers she/her pronouns, she says she is fine with any set as long as no one is disrespectful towards her.
Luke McKayThe former artist of the comics, he worked with them for three years after his work was discovered by the staff. He did eventually stop working after Griffon left and he had to move elsewhere.
- Character Tics: From Canada.
Geoff's wife who worked on Immersion and RT Shorts. Despite the fact she doesn't work for the company, she makes frequent appearances on Happy Hour and Off Topic.
- Bi the Way
- Chainsaw Good: Her current work involves making sculptures with a chainsaw.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Initially she seems rather collected, but those who know her have joked that she's really like a female version of Gavin.
- Badass Labcoat: In Immersion.
- Girlish Pigtails: Wears these in RT Comics. In real life she usually wears a ponytail. Sometimes just the ponytail.
- Woman Child: How she depicts herself in RT Comics.
- Yaoi Fangirl: She was really looking forward to Mass Effect 3...
Mike KroonA former intern at Rooster Teeth. After his internship was over, he spends most of his time hanging out with some other Rooster Teeth members on the Internet Box podcast.
- Butt-Monkey: His job consisted of fetching everyone coffee and doing dumb things (like jumping over his own leg) for the amusement of the regular staff.
- Canada, Eh?: From Canada.
- One Steve Limit: He's frequently confused with Michael Jones, since the name "Mike" is short for "Michael."
Nathan ZellnerAnother visual effects person and editor, Nathan is described as being both crazily tall and extremely quiet. Left the company in 2012 to pursue a career making films.
- Only Sane Man: Definitely in the shorts.
- The Quiet One: He doesn't say that much onscreen, instead opting to use signs.
Ali BakerThe pink-haired hostess hired under contract for The Gauntlet Season 1.
Juan Jose "JJ" Castillo (a.k.a. Jose Jones)A video editor who formerly worked for Achievement Hunter. He officially left AH on January 21, 2014, but still works for Rooster Teeth in producing live-action content. He was the host of Screen Play and also voices Mercury Black on RWBY. He left the company on January 16, 2015 to pursue other projects.
- Alliterative Name
- Motor Mouth
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Onscreen, at least.
- Troll: Some of the more creative things he does when editing the Let's Build episodes can be for this purpose, if not out of sheer boredom.
Ben KingA British student who got noticed after he designed some RT themed applications.
- Butt-Monkey: The butt of many jokes when he makes several mistakes.
Kara EberleThe former Rooster Teeth office manager and receptionist and RT Podcast director, who voices Weiss Schnee. She left in 2015 to work as an executive assistant at an animation studio.
- Affectionate Nickname: "Dave", as Gavin and Jack sometimes call her. It apparently started because Gavin can't pronounce "Kara" the way that Americans do at least.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Gus considers her to behave much like this to him.
- Butt-Monkey: Often on the receiving end of pranks whenever the staff gets bored.
- Demonization: She's actually pleasant, but the rest of the staff likes to describe her as a monster that turns everyone away from the Rooster Teeth building and knocks ice cream out of people's hands.
- Genki Girl: She can be quite energetic and pleasant when not on the job, as seen from a few stories on the podcast.
- Promoted Fanboy
Former presenter for The Know and cosplayer/model. Former employee of SourceFed from around 2013 to mid-2014; left for reasons including a want to focus on her channel. Voice of Neon Katt on RWBY. Currently dating Gavin Free. Announced in June 2016 that she would be leaving RT.
- Bi the Way: Has openly stated that she is bisexual. She mentions being made fun of in the past because of this.
- Girlish Pigtails: In some of her videos.
- Kaleidoscope Hair: Not helped by her cosplaying, which often involves changing her hair color. Her hair has been brown, red, purple, blue, and blonde in the past, and as of this writing her hair is a dark blue.
- Meganekko: Often wears glasses, with some exceptions.
- Ms. Fanservice: Not so much in her work, but she's a noted cosplayer and pics of her in her underwear are easy to find online. This got lampshaded in a Let's Play vid.Gavin: Was it Meg in her underwear?Ryan: I mean... can you find pictures of Meg that aren't in her underwear? I mean, I'm not... if you go onto the Internet, the Internet is going to have the underwear pictures.Gavin: To keep it fresh, sometimes she sends me a picture of her wearing clothes.Geoff: She's like "Gavin, I sent you this picture of me in a parka. Ooh, it's cold outside!"
- Official Couple: With Gavin.
- Platonic Life Partners: With Ryan Haywood of Achievement Hunter. Other than the fans (and Geoff) occasionally making jokes to annoy Gavin, Meg and Ryan are nothing more than good friends.
- Signing-Off Catch-Phrase: At the end of each Know video she waves and says "Heart you!" The only exceptions to this seem to be the videos immediately following Monty's passing, for understandable reasons.
Frequent and notable collaborators
DC Universe Online) who also does temporary work every now and then.
- Bald of Awesome: Joel jokes that he had a full head of hair before he met them.
- Berserk Button: According to Project Rant, he does not like onions. At all.
- Butt-Monkey: Owing to his being the Only Sane Man in the shorts.
- Deadpan Snarker: He gives off this vibe, and uses it well for Washington.
- Only Sane Man: In the shorts, he's consistently this unlike the regular cast members.
Asaf RonenA voice actor and graphic designer, best recognised as the Counsellor from Red Vs Blue.
- Creepy Monotone: He uses this for the Counsellor.
Jon GrahamThe creator of Arby 'n' the Chief and One Life Remaining, Jon decided he would like to meet up with the members of Rooster Teeth (partly to prove there is no rivalry between them and him, and partly for creativity reasons). He has previously collaborated with Luke.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Most definitely, but taken Up to Eleven in "Pirates", where he is shown to have reportedly eaten Gus' entire fridge food stocks, clogged Gus' toilets and not been bothered to go and see "On Stranger Tides". In real life, he's a nice guy with the same day to day limits as the next man.
- Only Sane Man: Definitely in the shorts.
- Perma-Stubble: In the videos we see at least.
- Self-Deprecation: He plays himself off as a loser and unrecognised nobody.
Dan GodwinThe voice of Donut. Dan can, to all extents and purposes, be considered an honorary member of Rooster Teeth. The reason he doesn't work there full-time is because he has a day job. Nevertheless, he's been there for years.
Nick NewtonOne of Kerry and Chris' friends in New Zealand, becoming the Guest-Star Party Member for A Simple Walk Into Mordor.
- Deadpan Snarker: To balance out Chris' more crazy tendencies.
- Promoted Fanboy: He's actually an RT Fan, and got to befriend Kerry and Chris and guest star with them.
Daniel GruchyGavin's partner in crime for The Slow Mo Guys, which has earned him the status of honourary part-timer. Has worked with the crew for certain UK-based conventions. Former member of the British Army.
- Adorkable: When he's not doing the Slow Mo Guys, he's much more nervous.
- Badass Beard: Stopped shaving once he left the British Army.
- Badass Bookworm: More badass than Gavin (though much less bookworm, if Burnie is to be believed)
- Badass Labcoat: For the Slow Mo Guys, though as recent videos have shown he's wrecked one of its sleeves, covered it in paint and shredded it.
- Submissive Badass: Does whatever Gavin tells him to do, even though he's way tougher than Gavin. Michael assumes that if they knew each other as kids, Gavin would be that one small kid in the schoolyard that got away with mouthing off to everyone because he had a big friend protecting him.
- Brains and Brawn: The Brawn of the Slow Mo Guys, as he's the military technician who does the firearms and explosives work and probably throws a much meaner right-hook than Gavin can. Ray even wonders if Gavin fended off bullies by threatening to have Dan fight them. Though one has to wonder what he's done to make Burnie declare that even Gavin looks bright compared to him...
- Took a Level in Badass: He apparently went from weak and nerdy to well-built, tanned and a little less nerdy, owing to his travels in South America.
- Berserk Button: London traffic, apparently.
- Butt-Monkey: If he were an actual member of Rooster Teeth, he'd probably get this worse than Gavin.
- Cluster F-Bomb: He really doesn't like London traffic.
- Covered in Gunge: This happened to him as the result of the Home-Made Goop Cannon. More specifically, ketchup, chocolate pudding and mint chocolate chip ice cream was shot at him.
- Deadpan Snarker
- The Ditz: If Gavin is to be believed, even Dan is a bit slow compared to him. Case in point: he can't seem to order food at restaurants without screwing something up.
- Ditzy Genius: He does has specialized knowledge in most things military-related, which comes in handy for the Slow Mo Guys.
- Made of Iron: He takes most of the punishment that is dished out.
- Mr. Fanservice: Ray takes this Up to Eleven.
- Musically lampshaded by Gavin at the beginning of the Slow Motion Punch in the Stomach video.
- Phrase Catcher: Whenever he's mentioned, the fans always comment "(Hash tag) Dan the Man".
- The Pig Pen: Gavin complains that no matter what the Slow Mo Guys video was about, Dan's lab coat will be absolutely filthy by the end of it. Sometimes it's justified and other times he has no idea how it got that dirty.
- And then the Home-Made Goop Cannon video rolled around, and poor Dan had to endure volleys of ketchup, chocolate pudding and mint chocolate chip ice cream being fired at him. His new lab coat was an absolute state at the end of it all.