open/close all folders
"This great, Tommy! Can't wait deactivate on bed like real boy!"
Voiced by: Laurence BouvardThe titular character, a surprisingly powerful Robot Kid created by Professor Moshimo with the most advanced fighting capabilities on the planet... and the mind of an 11-year old Japanese exchange student. To keep certain less savory personalities from using him for the wrong purposes, Moshimo sends him to live with Tommy Turnbull, where he learns to become a real boy.
- An Ice Person: Gets a freeze ray in "The Boy Who Cried Kamikazi!"
- Badass Adorable: He is very tough for a cute robot.
- Become a Real Boy: His ongoing motive.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In "Crying Time"
- Beware the Nice Ones: While he is a sweet robot he still is a powerful robot not to be messed with.
- Cain and Abel: With Protoboy.
- The Cassandra: Tommy wouldn't believe him about Sparky being evil in "Dog-Ra". Oops.
- Cassandra Did It: ...Leading to him being blamed for destroying the house when he was trying to defend himself from Sparky in humongous-robot-form.
- Cheerful Child: Has a happy attitude by default.
- Constantly Curious: Being a robot curious about being a real boy and all.
- Cute Machines: Just look at him!
- Expy: His design, background, and color scheme calls to mind two other robot boys of Japanese origin: Astro Boy and Mega Man.
- Expressive Ears: Those ear-like blue things on the sides of his head droop when he's sad.
- Flying Brick: Hoooooo boy. If we tried to list all his powers starting from episode one, we'd be here all day and then some. Probability calculator, freeze ray, bullets, kung-fu skills, rocket boosters, laser beam, flamethrower...
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Reactivating Protoboy in "Brother".
- The Noseless: He is a robot, so he is drawn without a nose.
- Nice Guy: Most of the time.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: He is around Tommy's size, and is an extremely powerful robot.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted. While he has red eyes he is pretty nice most of the time and is only dangerous when attacking.
- Sleep-Mode Size: Can pass off as an action figure while in sleep mode.
- Telescoping Robot: He gets bigger during his super activation.
- Third-Person Person: He has a bit of trouble pronouncing words like "I" and "Me".
- You No Take Candle: He alongside Moshimo's other robots naturally speak broken English.
"Professor Moshimo must be in some kind of trouble! Maybe Robotgirl can help us!"
Voiced by: Lorraine PilkingtonThe other co-protagonist of the show, a fairly average young boy who was chosen by Moshimo to take care of Robotboy and be his teacher of sorts. He has a very good knowledge of robotics and often plays the Straight Man to Gus.
- Adorkable: At times.
- All Love Is Unrequited: His crush on Bambi.
- Alliterative Name: Tommy Turnbull.
- Arch-Enemy: Kurt
- Deuteragonist: To Robotboy's protagonist.
- Distressed Dude: A fair few times.
- Mentor Archetype: To Robotboy.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Gus's red.
- Satellite Character: If you think about it. He exists for Lola and Gus to have a third friend, Robotboy to have a best friend, Kurt and Donnie to make fun of, and...that's it.
- She's a Man in Japan: He is female in the the Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Kazakh and Kyrgyz dubs.
- The Unfavorite: At least as far as his dad is concerned.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Gus.
- Wide Eyes and Shrunken Irises: In "Valentine's Day" when he sees Bambi walk by.
"Yo, that's the G-man to you!"
Voiced by: Rupert DegasAnother friend of Tommy and Robotboy, and was friends with Tommy and Lola even before Robotboy came along. Much less heroic than his friends, but still a good guy at heart.
- Abhorrent Admirer: To Lola.
- Anti-Hero: Almost a Nominal Hero at times.
- Big Eater: Especially in "Tummy Trouble", due to having a tapeworm.
- Big Fun/Fat Idiot: Depending on the episode.
- Book Dumb: A pigeon who he swapped bodies with was able to score higher on a test than him.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": The stylized "G" on his shirt.
- Butt-Monkey: Half of it is self inflicted, though.
- Casanova Wannabe: Tries to hit on Lola many times, only to be shot down every time.
- Expy: He's essentially a G-rated Eric Cartman.
- Extreme OmnivoreGus: Haha! I ate all your candy!Tommy: That was soap.Gus: Huh? ...Haha! I ate all your soap!
- Fat Best Friend: To Tommy.
- Jerkass/Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's smug, stupid, full of himself, and sometimes is even the reason that episodes have conflicts, but he'll always be there to be with Tommy and the others when they need him.
- Naked People Are Funny: In "Halloween" and at the end of "Tummy Trouble".
- Only One Name
- His last name, although it's not used often, is Bachman-Turner
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Tommy's blue.
- Shipper on Deck: For Tommy/Lola, although it's more that he likes to tease them about it than anything.
- Temporary Bulk Change: The tapeworm in "Tummy Trouble" makes him thin instead of fat.
- Token Evil Teammate: Somewhat meaner than the rest of the protagonists.
- Vocal Evolution: In earlier episodes, his voice was lower-pitched.
"Hi, boys. Tea?"
Voiced by: Laurence BouvardThe fourth and last member of Tommy's True Companions and the only girl, as well as the daughter of a famous ambassador.
- Distressed Damsel: Near the end of "The Manchurian Robot" and "Valentine's Day".
- Missing Mom: Her mother was never seen nor mentioned.
- Smooch of Victory: Gives one to Tommy at the end of "Valentine's Day"
"How do you like my new house? Undetectable by radar, and safe from Dr. Kamikazi."
Voiced by: Togo IgawaThe scientist who invented Robotboy, as well as Robotgirl and Protoboy. He keeps in touch with Tommy, Gus and Lola to send upgrades for Robotboy or help them fix the problem of the day.
"He's not Ro anymore! He's a finely tuned killer robot...who does exactly what I say. And I say...GET HIM!"
Voiced by: Eiji KusuharaThe main antagonist of the show, an evil scientist who wants to steal/kidnap Robotboy and make an army of Robotboy clones to take over the world.
- Animals Hate Him: Every time he gets a pet. Every. Single. Time.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: In "Bad Language" he screams and faints when Constantine is about to fall into a volcano.
- Big Bad: As if we needed to say it.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Kamikaze on numerous occasions has proclaimed his title as an evil genius.
- Catchphrase: "I blame you, Constantine!"
- Kavorka Man: Despite being a short, creepy, and bespectacled old man, he manages to attract statuesque and beautiful women quite easily.
- Kick the Dog: Pretty much describes his entire relationship with Constantine.
- Jerk With A Heart Of Jerk: In "Teasebots".
- Mad Scientist: "Frozen sea monkeys, ATTAAAAAAACK!"
"Ah, boss, I'd be happier if you'd have some milk."
Voiced by: Rupert DegasKamikazi's ever-loyal sidekick.
- Acrofatic: He displays quick reflexes and amazing agility for someone with such a portly figure.
- Butt-Monkey: Being abused by Kamikazi in every possible way has got to count for something.
- Catchphrase: "Okey Dokey, Boss!"
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He is quite skilled despite his often goofy behavior. He was the who defeated Protoboy after he went berserk from being turned pure evil.
- Pet the Dog: He tried to save Salvatorei the gerbil from being made into Kamikazi's soup in "Teasebots".
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: "Oh, shut your trap, boss! That snake gives me the heebie-jeebies!"
"Protoboy no so easy to destroy! And now get revenge on brother!"Moshimo's first robot and Robotboy's big brother, he was turned evil by Kamikazi, but turned out to be too insane to control and had to be deactivated.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: A one-off gag in "The Revenge of Protoboy", when a call from his wife stops him from destroying Robotboy at the last second.
- Evil Counterpart: To Robotboy
- Expy: Has the background of Proto Man but a more similar personality and design to Bass from the same franchise.
- Gone Horribly Right: Kamikazi intended to make him evil...and overdid it.
- Grand Theft Me: Trades motherboards with a fainted Robotboy in "The Old Switcharobot".
- Would Hit a Girl: "The Return of Robotgirl"
"We have fun. Play now. Yes, please?"
Voiced by: Laurence BouvardA female clone of Robotboy created to keep him company at Moshimo's house when Tommy had to leave for a two-week camping trip.
- Badass Adorable: Averted in "Robotgirl" where she doesn't know how to fight, but played straight in "The Return of Robotgirl".
- Break the Cutie: Right before "The Return of Robotgirl".
- Expy: Of Roll.
- Fanfic Magnet: She's only in two episodes, but gets a lot of fan art and YouTube videos.
- Genki Girl: Subverted in "The Return of Robotgirl" when she is shown to be very sad and doesn't trust Tommy, Gus or even Robotboy due to choppy MEMORY LOSS.
- Pink Means Feminine: Her bow, gloves, skirt, eyes, boots and "ears".
"Someones getting a beatdown."
Voiced by: Rupert Degas.The Older Brother of Tommy who bullys other people (with the Exception of Debbie, Dwight who are his parents, and Kurt, and other Villains.)
- Big Brother Bully: To Tommy Turnbull
- Demoted to Extra: He is rarely seen in Season 4.
- Out of Focus: He appears the most in Season 1.