Characters: Redwall: Lockdown
AloysiusAloysius is a male bat and a brother of Redwall Abbey.
- Belief Makes You Stupid: Averted. Aloysius, a deeply ‘religious’ character, is portrayed in a very sympathetic light and as one of the most intelligent creatures in Redwall Abbey. Noel and Tamarack are not the most intelligent characters in the story, but they also hold strong beliefs (about different things) and their individual acts of stupidity are the result of poor judgment rather than belief in a higher power.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Aloysius is one of the sweetest characters in the cast, but hurt someone he loves, and he will cut you in a million ways with his words. Isidore learned this the hard way.
- Mr. Exposition: Aloysius plays this role when necessary, though Saskia has also taken on the task when called.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: As a member of the Order of Redwall, Aloysius is a pretty stand-up guy. Raimun appears to have been this, as well. Skipper Duster is this before Ripple’s death with a few exceptional moments.
- Stern Teacher: Aloysius to Ripple. We don’t see much on-screen teaching, but it’s clear that that Aloysius believes in thick books. Ripple does not approve. Aloysius is probably a softer version of this, though, given the fact that he doesn’t seem to mind his pupil having fun now and again.
- The Smart Guy
AndrewAndrew is a male mouse and a chef at Redwall Abbey. He is paranoid and suffers from hallucinations of monstrous 'things' that are out to get him.
- Crazy-Prepared: Going into isolation? Let me lock myself in a kitchen. Going to kill the Things hunting the Abbot? Let me take two guns for this.
- Gun Nut
BluddBludd is a female wildcat, and the youngest member of the cast at about 9 years old. She thinks she's a pirate.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Metaphorically how Ripple feels about Bludd.
- Snooping Little Kid: Bludd while eavesdropping on Brother Tompkins and Brother Sebastian.
- Tagalong Kid
- Wild Child
CobbCobb is a male mole and was caught stealing from the Abbey, after his farm failed. As penitence, he has to work for the Coffincreeper family.
- Despair Event Horizon: Cobb reaches his after realizing that his farm is probably gone, his friend Isidore is now against him, and he can’t protect Tamarack like he’d pledged to.
- The Big Guy
FowellerFoweller is a male otter and new resident of the Abbey. He's an ex-child soldier at 12 years old, and good friends with Ripple and Bludd.
IsidoreIsidore is a male rat and a former soldier, now turned beekeeper in Redwall Abbey.
- Anti-Villain (Type II): Isidore is a murderer and follows Carter’s every instruction, but when you see him playing with Foweller or having a quiet moment smoking a pipe with Noel, you can’t help liking the guy.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Has made peace with it to some extent.
- Retired Badass: Isidore was once part of a horde and seemed to have quite the successful career before hanging up his sword thanks to one bat scholar.
NoelNoel is a male weasel, who is stuck in the Abbey with his younger brother Virrel. He is an avid follower of campball, a game played by the younger Redwallers.
- Action Hero
- Crisis of Faith
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Determinator: Noel has edged into this territory. The foundation of your faith crumbles? Okay. Screw it. I believe it anyway! Your plans fall apart? No problem. Let’s take on the entire institution of Redwall with 100 beasts! That plan goes boom? Jump headlong into the fire!
- Hollywood Healing
- Oh Crap!: In both his fights with Clacher.
- Real Men Hate Affection: Subverted. All of the characters in the story, male or female, display a wide range of emotion with some of the ‘manliest’ characters like Noel shedding tears openly.
- The Hero
- Thicker Than Water: Probably the only reason Noel took so much punishment and still tried to reform Virrel.
RippleRipple is a male otter and son of the Skipper of Otters. He is reclusive and mostly spends his time in the attic, playing and refining a card-based strategy game, with Foweller's help.
SaskiaSaskia is a female hare and works in print with her boss, Merritt.
TamarackTamarack is a female fox and part of the Coffincreeper family business of digging graves.
- Action Heroine
- Family Business: The Coffincreepers run the Abbey graveyard and have done so for at least two generations.
- Gallows Humor: The Coffincreeper family. Tamarack and Colm occasionally engage in it thanks to their family profession.
- Kid Detective: Tamarack employs more of the tricks for a Kid Detective (snooping) than an adult detective while trying to figure out why there is a dead body in her graveyard (that isn’t supposed to be there) and why her big brother is so afraid of the cloakpin it’s wearing.
- Ship Sinking: Tamarack thinks Noel wants to take Virrel’s dead body ‘home’ to Redwall. She gets smacked with a reality stick when he tells her he means he’s going ‘home’ to Norford and Lucy after they bring down Carter.
- The Chick
- The Lancer
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.