Here we're going to list tropes which are exclusive to the band members. For general tropes about the band, go to the Main page.
The band members in general
Till Lindemann - vocals
The Face of the Band
. He was born in East Germany
in 1963. He participated in Germany's swim team for the Moscow olympics of 1980, but was sacked. His musical career started with First Arsch, a Punk Rock
band where he met his later bandmates Richard Kruspe and Paul Landers before Rammstein. He's also a poet and is the father of four (known, considering his sexcapades) children.
- Gentle Giant: He's more like this in real life.
- Incendiary Exponent: He is a licensed pyrotechnician after all.
- Kill It with Fire: He's burned at the stake in the video for "Rosenrot".
- Large Ham: One of his signature mannerisms is to partially squat and pound his fist onto his thigh to the beat of the riff. This didn't start as a mannerism, but when he realized it looked cool he kept doing it. The reason he originally did it? His kneecap popped out of place and he had to pound it back in.
- Man on Fire: He used to wear a jacket that was on fire during live performances of the song "Rammstein". Now he just wears flamethrowers on his arms, but that still counts. He upgraded this to fire wings for performances of "Engel" in the newest tour.
- May-December Romance: With his current girfriend, the German actress Sophia Thomalla (*1989).
- Millionaire Playboy: His character in "Pussy".
- Mr. Fanservice
- Overshadowed by Awesome: First Arsch, a band he was with Richard and Paul before Rammstein. It scarcely gets a footnote in The Other Wiki these days.
- Perpetual Frowner: In all the pictures of him floating out there in music magazines, sanctioned official pictures, and candid shots from fans, he's seen cracking a smile a handful of times.
- Porn Stache: In "Haifisch".
- Prophet Eyes: Towards the end of "Mein Land".
- Pungeon Master
- Rated M for Manly
- Slasher Smile: He is prone to unleashing smiles of this sort in some music videos and photoshoots.
- Take That: If you believe the interpretation that the other band members did try to murder him, the postcard he sends to them at the end of "Haifisch" is this, sort of a 'nyah, nyah, you didn't kill me'. Roughly translated, said postcard reads "Greetings from the arse of the world!". He sent that from Hawaii.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
- Trailers Always Spoil: Promotional pictures for Haifisch included ones of Porn Stache!Till at Hawaii.
- Trrrilling Rrrs
- Twist Ending: In "Haifisch", he's alive.
Richard Z. Kruspe - guitars
"You simply know that there is a certain role for you to play in life. You receive certain signs and then take on that role. That's normal."
The band's main guitar player. Born as Richard Zven Kruspe in 1967. He was living with his future bandmates Oliver Riedel and Christoph Schneider, and left his first band, "Orgasm Death Gimmicks", when in the mid-nineties he co-founded Rammstein with both of them, Till Lindemann and Paul Landers.
- Badass Longcoat: It's his signature clothing item. He wears a new Badass Longcoat in almost every tour. And two different ones in Emigrate videos "My World" and "New York City".
- A Day in the Limelight: His side project Emigrate.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: First Arsch, a band he shared with Till and Paul before Rammstein. Emigrate, his side project, was fairly successful in its own right, but it has a fanbase pretty much limited to the already established Richard fanbase.
Paul Landers - guitars
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Perhaps surprisingly◊.
- The Big Guy: Even he, the shortest member of the band, is around 5'9".
- Cowboy: His character in "Pussy".
- Do Not Call Me Paul: His full name is Heiko Paul Hiersche. He first decided to go by his middle name and then took his first wife's (now divorced) last name.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Feeling B, the band he shared with Flake and Schneider before Rammstein. They were a moderately successful punk rock band in East Germany, but got nowhere near the international acclaim Rammstein did. And also First Arsch, where he played with Till and Richard.
Oliver "Ollie" Riedel - bass
Christoph "Doom" Schneider - drums
Christian "Flake" Lorenz - keyboards
- Butt Monkey / The Chew Toy: He was blown up in "Ich Will", jumped off a building in "Benzin", played a hermaphrodite in "Pussy" (hardly the most flattering role) and was left standing and unable to return to his wheelchair at the end of "Keine Lust". And in live performances, he has been faux-sodomised, cooked, hit around the head, and God knows what else. Ironically, this is exactly why Flake is a fan favorite. Not in the schadenfreudeic sense, of course.
- Cool Shades: Often wears them during live performances.
- A Day in the Limelight: He's the one singing in the cover of "Pet Semetary", on the Ich Will single.
- Death by Gluttony: His intended method of murdering Till in "Haifisch". Almost definitely a shoutout to Se7en.
- Do Not Call Me Paul: He doesn't like his given name and maintains "Flake" is his proper name.
- Driven to Suicide: His character in the "Benzin" video.
- Fanservice: The live performance of "Bück Dich" involves him in bondage gear on all fours.
- Hermaphrodite: In the video for "Pussy".
- Interrupted Suicide: In the video for "Benzin", he plays a jumper and the other five, firemen, who get out a trampoline to try and save his life, but ultimately fail when the tarp tears just as he jumps.
- It Is Pronounced Tro PAY: His (nick)name is actually pronounced "Flah-kuh", not "Flay-ke", as some believe.
- Not That Kind of Doctor: Sometimes he is credited as Doktor Christian Lorenz. He has no known degree; the moniker came about because at one point he had wanted to be a surgeon, but was unable to enter school to become one because he was a conscientious objector, at a time when conscription into the East German army was mandatory. Nevertheless, he has mentioned in at least one interview he sometimes still feels like a bit of a doctor when fans write to the band and mention how Rammstein's music has saved their life.
- Only Known As Flake.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Feeling B, the band he shared with Paul and Schneider before Rammstein.
- Suicide Attack: His character has a bomb strapped to his chest in the video for "Ich Will".