Characters / Rain
The main character of the comic. She is a trans girl and is trying to pass as a girl through her senior year of high school.Associated tropes
Rain's aunt, and an art teacher. Treats Rain like her own daughter.Associated tropes
Rain's friend from childhood.Associated tropes
A no longer closeted lesbian with a crush on Rain.Associated tropes
Maria's openly gay younger brother. He's was dating, but broke up with Rain.Associated tropes
- Cure Your Gays: The reason he was sent to Catholic school; other people think that this has happened to him now that he's dating Rain. Ultimately averted; it didn't stick.
- Official Couple: with Rain, until they broke up.
- If It's You, It's Okay: how he feels about Rain. Foreshadowed to be deconstructed.
- The Pollyanna: Despite all the issues that happen in the story, he's almost constantly smiling.
- Stepford Smiler: After the breakup, it's revealed that the constant cheer is (at times) a facade.
- The Tease: Occasionally flirts with straight guys, mostly Gavin. He doesn't really seem to mind.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: His breakup with Rain has left him with a considerable amount of bitterness.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: As "Ruby".
A popular girl at school.Associated tropes
- Alpha Bitch: Initially.
- Beneath the Mask: Her Alpha Bitch personality is actually a fabricated persona. Beneath that, she's actually, in her own words, "awkward and antisocial and really kind of a loser"
- Bi the Way: Pansexual, actually, but you have to be very close friends with her to get her to admit it.
- Character Development: Starts out as an antagonistic Alpha Bitch, but after the Halloween Party and becoming pregnant, she progresses into one of Rain's closest friends and potential Love Interest.
- Cool Big Sis: To Rain. Especially evident in comparison to Kellen.
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Hidden Depths: Knows an awful lot about sexual and romantic orientation for a (supposedly) straight girl.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: She grows past her initial threatened attitude and becomes close friends with Rain.
- May-December Romance: With Chase. It doesn't last long.
- Miss Exposition: See hidden depths, above.
- Parental Neglect: She was born from an unplanned pregnancy. She never knew her father, and her mother is always out of the house.
- Teen Pregnancy: Ended up with one with her ex-boyfriend Chase as the father.
- Yuri Fangirl: Ends up buying girls-love fancomics at Center Con.
A shy girl who talked to Maria at the Halloween party.Associated tropes
Brother Arthur Feltman
The dean of students, as well as a math teacher.Associated tropes
Rain's neighbor who sometimes presents as male and sometimes as female.Associated tropes
- Ambiguous Gender: Never assigns a label to hirself although ze is sometimes referred to genderfluid by the readers and the author usually uses male pronouns for him in the commentary.
- Bi the Way
- Transsexual: Ze is genderfluid.
Kellen and Aiken
Rain's older brother and sister.Associated tropes
Aiken's former fiancee.Associated tropes
Jessica and Rain's therapist.Associated tropes
- New Old Flame: Dated Fara prior to his transition.
- There Are No Therapists: Averted, obviously. Talk therapy is a critical part of transition, and the series doesn't shy away from showing the good and the bad of the process.
- Transsexual: Previously known as Vivian. Rain never guessed.