The main character of the comic. She is a trans girl and is trying to pass as a girl through her senior year of high school.Associated tropes
Rain's aunt, and an art teacher. Treats Rain like her own daughter.Associated tropes
Rain's friend from childhood.Associated tropes
A no longer closeted lesbian with a crush on Rain.Associated tropes
Maria's openly gay younger brother. He's was dating, but broke up with Rain.Associated tropes
- Cure Your Gays: The reason he was sent to Catholic school; other people think that this has happened to him now that he's dating Rain. Ultimately averted; it didn't stick.
- Official Couple: with Rain, until they broke up.
- If It's You, It's Okay: how he feels about Rain. Foreshadowed to be deconstructed.
- The Pollyanna: Despite all the issues that happen in the story, he's almost constantly smiling.
- Stepford Smiler: After the breakup, it's revealed that the constant cheer is (at times) a facade.
- The Tease: Occasionally flirts with straight guys, mostly Gavin. He doesn't really seem to mind.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: As "Ruby".
A popular girl at school.Associated tropes
A shy girl who talked to Maria at the Halloween party.Associated tropes
Brother Arthur Feltman
The dean of students, as well as a math teacher.Associated tropes
- The Atoner: Is kind to Rain to make for the way he treated his transsexual brother.
- Good Shepherd: As progressive as a Catholic monk in academia gets. Harps on the kids' grades without using their status as a threat.
- Reasonable Authority Figure
- Secret Keeper: Deduced Rain's identity, and is willfully keeping it from the school administration (which would use it for nefarious purposes).
Rain's neighbor who sometimes presents as male and sometimes as female.Associated tropes
- Ambiguous Gender: Never assigns a label to hirself although ze is sometimes referred to genderfluid by the readers and the author usually uses male pronouns for him in the commentary.
- Bi the Way
- Transsexual: Possibly.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: If she is a girl.
- Biologically, she's a female. But is confused about her gender. For the purposes of this trope, it counts the same.
Kellen and Aiken
Rain's older brother and sister.Associated tropes
Aiken's former fiancee.Associated tropes
Jessica and Rain's therapist.Associated tropes
- New Old Flame: Dated Fara prior to his transition.
- There Are No Therapists: Averted, obviously. Talk therapy is a critical part of transition, and the series doesn't shy away from showing the good and the bad of the process.
- Transsexual: Previously known as Vivian. Rain never guessed.