Characters / Rain
The main character of the comic. She is a trans girl and is trying to pass as a girl through her senior year of high school.Associated tropes
Rain's aunt, and an art teacher. Treats Rain like her own daughter.Associated tropes
Rain's friend from childhood.Associated tropes
A no longer closeted lesbian with a crush on Rain.Associated tropes
Maria's openly gay younger brother. He's was dating, but broke up with Rain.Associated tropes
- Cure Your Gays: The reason he was sent to Catholic school; other people think that this has happened to him now that he's dating Rain. Ultimately averted; it didn't stick.
- Official Couple: with Rain, until they broke up.
- If It's You, It's Okay: how he feels about Rain. Foreshadowed to be deconstructed.
- The Pollyanna: Despite all the issues that happen in the story, he's almost constantly smiling.
- Stepford Smiler: After the breakup, it's revealed that the constant cheer is (at times) a facade.
- The Tease: Occasionally flirts with straight guys, mostly Gavin. He doesn't really seem to mind.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: His breakup with Rain has left him with a considerable amount of bitterness.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: As "Ruby".
A popular girl at school.Associated tropes
- Alpha Bitch: Initially.
- Beneath the Mask: Her Alpha Bitch personality is actually a fabricated persona. Beneath that, she's actually, in her own words, "awkward and antisocial and really kind of a loser"
- Bi the Way: Pansexual, actually, but you have to be very close friends with her to get her to admit it.
- Character Development: Starts out as an antagonistic Alpha Bitch, but after the Halloween Party and becoming pregnant, she progresses into one of Rain's closest friends and her first girlfriend.
- Cool Big Sis: To Rain. Especially evident in comparison to Kellen.
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Hidden Depths: Knows an awful lot about sexual and romantic orientation for a (supposedly) straight girl.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: She grows past her initial threatened attitude and becomes close friends with Rain.
- May–December Romance: With Chase. It doesn't last long.
- Miss Exposition: See hidden depths, above.
- Official Couple: With Rain.
- Parental Neglect: She was born from an unplanned pregnancy. She never knew her father, and her mother is always out of the house.
- Teen Pregnancy: Ended up with one with her ex-boyfriend Chase as the father.
- Yuri Fangirl: Ends up buying girls-love fancomics at Center Con.
A shy girl who talked to Maria at the Halloween party.Associated tropes
Brother Arthur Feltman
The dean of students, as well as a math teacher.Associated tropes
Rain's neighbor who sometimes presents as male and sometimes as female.Associated tropes
- Ambiguous Gender: Never assigns a label to themself although they are sometimes referred to genderfluid by the readers and the author usually uses male pronouns for them in the commentary.
- Bi the Way
- Transsexual: They are genderfluid.
Kellen and Aiken
Rain's older brother and sister.Associated tropes
- Half-Identical Twins: Averted. Kellen looks more similar to Rain than Aiken.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Aiken was initially a transphobic Jerkass who left his fiancee and refused to accept Rain. After a realization and a ton of research on the subject, he's now become one of Rain's biggest supporters, even calling her "baby sis," and wants to patch things over with Jessica.
Aiken's former fiancee.Associated tropes
Jessica and Rain's therapist.Associated tropes
- New Old Flame: Dated Fara prior to his transition.
- Nice Guy: He is easy going and friendly to everyone, rarely showing anger towards anyone.
- There Are No Therapists: Averted, obviously. Talk therapy is a critical part of transition, and the series doesn't shy away from showing the good and the bad of the process.
- Transsexual: Previously known as Vivian. Rain never guessed.
An old friend of Gavin and Rain.Associated tropes