Rain FlahertyThe main character of the comic. She is a trans girl and is trying to pass as a girl through her senior year of high school.Associated tropes
- Cry Cute: Pretty much once a chapter.
- New Transfer Student
- Oblivious to Love
- Occidental Otaku
- Official Couple: with Rudy. The two recently broke up on good terms though.
- Peek-a-Bangs: It's revealed in an ask blog that she intentionally styles her hair this way.
- Secret Keeper: She's initially the first person to whom Emily reveals her pregnancy. She also is aware of Ky's genderfluid status, but that's more of a You Never Asked thing on Ky's part.
- She's Got Legs: Maria comments on her "Beautiful, perfect legs" early on.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: for Maria and Gavin
- Unwanted Harem
Fara BryerRain's aunt, and an art teacher. Treats Rain like her own daughter.Associated tropes
- Bi the Way
- Mama Bear
- Parental Substitute: for Rain
- Secret Keeper: For Rain's transition, protecting her from her hostile siblings.
Gavin KurzRain's friend from childhood.Associated tropes
- Butt Monkey
- Straight Best Friend
- The Beard: for Maria until recently.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Doesn't mean to be rude, but often makes harsh comments about his friends.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend
Maria StrongwellA no longer closeted lesbian with a crush on Rain.Associated tropes
- Big Sister Instinct: She's very protective of Rudy
- Cure Your Gays: She no longer wants this.
- Death Glare
- Dude, She's a Lesbian
- Official Couple: with Chanel.
- Schoolgirl Lesbian
Rudy StrongwellMaria's openly gay younger brother. He's was dating, but broke up with Rain.Associated tropes
- Cure Your Gays: The reason he was sent to Catholic school; other people think that this has happened to him now that he's dating Rain. Ultimately averted; it didn't stick.
- Official Couple: with Rain, until they broke up.
- If It's You, It's Okay: how he feels about Rain. Foreshadowed to be deconstructed.
- The Pollyanna: Despite all the issues that happen in the story, he's almost constantly smiling.
- Stepford Smiler: After the breakup, it's revealed that the constant cheer is (at times) a facade.
- The Tease: Occasionally flirts with straight guys, mostly Gavin. He doesn't really seem to mind.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: His breakup with Rain has left him with a considerable amount of bitterness.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: As "Ruby".
Emily CastonA popular girl at school.Associated tropes
- Alpha Bitch: Initially.
- Bi the Way: Pansexual, actually, but you have to be very close friends with her to get her to admit it.
- Cool Big Sis: To Rain. Especially evident in comparison to Kellen.
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Hidden Depths: Knows an awful lot about sexual and romantic orientation for a (supposedly) straight girl.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: She grows past her initial threatened attitude and becomes close friends with Rain.
- May-December Romance: With Chase. It doesn't last long.
- Miss Exposition: See hidden depths, above.
- Parental Neglect: She was born from an unplanned pregnancy. She never knew her father, and her mother is always out of the house.
- Yuri Fangirl: Ends up buying girls-love fancomics at Center Con.
Chanel MontoyaA shy girl who talked to Maria at the Halloween party.Associated tropes
Brother Arthur FeltmanThe dean of students, as well as a math teacher.Associated tropes
- The Atoner: Is kind to Rain to make for the way he treated his transsexual brother.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a scar on his left cheek.
- Good Shepherd: As progressive as a Catholic monk in academia gets. Harps on the kids' grades without using their status as a threat.
- Reasonable Authority Figure
- Secret Keeper: Deduced Rain's identity, and is willfully keeping it from the school administration (which would use it for nefarious purposes).
Kylie CovenRain's neighbor who sometimes presents as male and sometimes as female.Associated tropes
- Ambiguous Gender: Never assigns a label to hirself although ze is sometimes referred to genderfluid by the readers and the author usually uses male pronouns for him in the commentary.
- Bi the Way
- Transsexual: Possibly.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: If she is a girl.
- Biologically, she's a female. But is confused about her gender. For the purposes of this trope, it counts the same.
Kellen and AikenRain's older brother and sister.Associated tropes
- Half-Identical Twins: Averted. Kellen looks more similar to Rain than Aiken.
Jessica LiAiken's former fiancee.Associated tropes
Vincent ValverdeJessica and Rain's therapist.Associated tropes
- New Old Flame: Dated Fara prior to his transition.
- There Are No Therapists: Averted, obviously. Talk therapy is a critical part of transition, and the series doesn't shy away from showing the good and the bad of the process.
- Transsexual: Previously known as Vivian. Rain never guessed.