Characters: Power Academy Students Three
The students of Power Academy
, L through S, listed by first name.
open/close all folders
Lightning (Layla Ulrich)
Lightning (Layla Ulrich)
- A-Cup Angst
- Artificial Human
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, a Butterfly!
- Badass Adorable
- Big Eater
- Cloning Blues: Briefly, but is brought out of her Angst Coma by Talan.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Cuddle Bug
- Fun Personified: Aside from her brief Heroic BSOD, she's one of the most lighthearted characters on the forum, thanks in part to her cheerful, cutesy and hyperactive demeanor.
- Genius Ditz: Though she's flighty and naive, she's not stupid. She has advanced scientific knowledge imprinted into her mind, and becomes the school's psychiatrist in one timeline.
- Genki Girl: Talan even jokes that she radiates energy.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Talan perceives her as one, but subverted in that she has interests and a life beyond Talan.
- This is eventually deconstructed when she confesses that Talan was the first person to genuinely love her. She mentions having gone out with a few other guys in the past, but they all rejected her, either finding her exhausting or creepy. In turn, Talan explains that he genuinely loves her not because she's some perfect goddess (despite him occasionally calling her one, though it could just be an adorably awkward hyperbole), but because he really does see her as compassionate and beautiful.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Only Known By Her Codename
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted.
- Replacement Goldfish: Her creator/"mother" considered her the closest to the original Layla, according to Hydro.
- Second Love: For Talan.
- Shock and Awe
- Single-Target Sexuality: Talan-sexual, as other characters describe her.
- Squee: Or "Kyaa!", rather.
- Tears of Joy: Upon finding Talan's diary entry declaring his love for her.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter
Pheebee "Phee" Nix
Power: Vampirism-related abilities
Samantha Plain and Her "Sisters"
- Accidental Pervert: Unintentionally gropes Tala while she's hidden beneath an Invisibility Cloak. He takes the resulting slap in stride.
- Anti-Hero: Type II, bordering on Type IV
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl and Second Love: With Valerie.
- Casting a Shadow
- Cross Player: Implied; while he and Valerie are talking about the cosplay date she's planning for the school, she mentions that she already has her Madoka Kaname cosplay ready. Simon lightheartedly retorts, "You're not making me go as Homura again, are you?"
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Deadpan Snarker
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a small scar next to his eye, from a past fight with Adrian.
- He Who Fights Monsters
- Icy Blue Eyes
- Knight in Sour Armor
- Mr. Fanservice: Of the "dark and brooding on the outside/sweet and cuddly on the inside handsome guy" variety.
- One Head Taller: To the point where Valerie usually has to stand on her tiptoes to reach up to him when they kiss.
- Peek-A-Bangs: Which hide his scar.
- Perky Goth: Somewhat; he's more sardonic than anything else, but certainly much more optimistic than the stereotypical Goth kid.
- Pretty Boy
- Shipper on Deck / The Matchmaker: For Swilium/Christine. It didn't go well, but he had more success with Swilium/Aqua.
- Sugar and Ice Personality / When He Smiles: As Valerie describes him, "he's like a Sour Patch Watermelon—sour on the outside, sweet on the inside."
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Swilium.
Sonja (Experiment 09328)
Sonja (Experiment 09328
Power: Adept at martial arts, has tentacle-like appendages
Power: Ability to cast spells from song lyrics