A list of characters in Power Academy
. Due to the ever-growing number of characters
, this has been split into several pages for ease of navigation...
The player character for the game:
The Player Character
The Player Character (Aliases include Hikaru Kasane and Subject Zero)
A new student to Power Academy, one who may have a significant impact on events during his/her time there...General Tropes
Elemental OriginPsychic OriginTech Origin
- Action Girl / Dark Action Girl: If female.
- Anti-Hero: Can be played as such.
- Bash Brothers / Lovely Angels: Forms a pair with their closest companion.
- Bi the Way: Given that same-sex romance options are available, this is at least a possibility.
- Big Damn Heroes: Pretty much his/her job.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Depending on playstyle and the number of sidequests done.
- Deadpan Snarker: Often has snarky dialogue options.
- Even the Guys Want Him / Even the Girls Want Her: Regardless of character customization, various characters of the opposite and same sex alike will find him/her attractive.
- Hello, Insert Name Here: Played with; regardless of what the PC is referred to in game, their name can still be customized (and their chosen first name can be seen in flavor text).
- In-Series Nickname: In one origin, the character chooses "Hikaru Kasane" as a cover identity, and characters often refer to him/her as such. In the tech origin, the name "Subject Zero" is used, with "Zero" as a nickname.
- Only Known By Their Alias
- The Leader: In the game.
- Mr. Fanservice / Ms. Fanservice: In-universe; see Even the Guys/Girls Want Him/Her above.
- Multiple Choice Past
- Protagonist Without A Past: Subverted. They do have a past depending on origin chosen, but they don't find out the exact details until later. In each origin, a certain villain meddled with their lives and erased or altered their memories to conceal the deed.
- Shipper on Deck / The Matchmaker: Can act as a matchmaker for most party members.
- At one point, however, Magi warns the player that by going out of their way to set people up with each other, while s/he may be doing the pairing a favor, s/he may be interfering with the natural course of events. Could be interpreted as a Take That against the Vocal Minority of shipping fandoms.
- Verbal Judo: Can defuse a bad situation with the right dialogue options.
- Virtual Paper Doll
- Weirdness Magnet
Tropes that apply to the characters in general...