Popee is the titular character and the main protagonist in Popee the Performer. Popee's gender has been confirmed as male, since male pronouns had been used to describe him in an interview. Popee is psychopathic, violent, and is easily angered.
- Ax-Crazy: He goes insane in almost every episode.
- Character Tics: When Popee gets really aggravated, He starts biting his thumb.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: His ideas on what circus performances are supposed to be range from ridiculous to violent.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Popee will not mess with Kedamono on his birthday, and is genuinely angered when Frog does.
- For the Evulz: The only reason he does half the things he does.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: It takes very little to set him off.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Manages to impale himself by swallowing a sword too large for him.
- Jerk Ass: Selfish, overconfident, and terrorizes everyone he knows.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite his terrible behavior, Popee occasionally shows some redeeming qualities. In the episode 22, "Prediction", he helped the Frog without searching a reward and didn't do anything wrong.
- Kick the Dog: Does this Once per Episode to Kedamono.
- Light Is Not Good: Looks pretty friendly and harmless for a deranged, unstable lunatic.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: In Popee's mind, of course.
- Slasher Smile: Popee does this when they go off the deep end.
- Sociopathic Hero: Popee
- Too Dumb to Live: Frequently.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: He's portrayed as so dangerous and deranged that when he's on the receiving end, it's hard to feel bad for him.
- Villain Protagonist
- Villainous Harlequin
Kedamono is a purple wolf who wears orange shorts with yellow stars. He helps Popee by performing alongside him, but usually Popee snaps and things go wrong.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Occasionally, he will get so fed up with Popee's crap that he will fight back.
- Butt-Monkey: Always on the receiving end of Popee's violent outbursts.
- The Chew Toy: Each episode involves him
- Expressive Mask: Kedamono's masks.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: He wears his orange shorts.
- Nice Guy: Kedamono is probably the kindest person in the whole show.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Any moment where Kedamono's mask doesn't change...but his face underneath does.
- Reality Warper: Kedamono is so gifted at pantomime that he has achieved this, able to interact with objects (staircases, walls, cars) that aren't really there.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Kedamono loves chicken, and will gladly risk his life for it.
- The Unreveal: "Kedamono's face looks like... ...his mother's."
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Whenever things appear to go his way.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: His pantomime abilities.
PapiPapi is a senior clown and Popee's father who teaches Popee and Kedamono circus tricks and magic. He is very talented and can preform many magic tricks.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Spends his first few moments on screen by chainsawing himself in half only to magically fix himself shortly after