Characters: Pony POV Series - Pantheon
aka: Pony POV Series-Pantheon
Unmarked spoilers here! You've been warned!
Tropes which apply to the Alicorns
Tropes which apply to the Draconequi
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of random aspects of chaos.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Being Nature's Fury, their morality is a bit different than mortals. According to Celestia, their form of compassion is based on memories as their Concepts mean most of them can't afford to have favorites when it comes to the mortal world (for example, Strife being Natural Selection can't afford to grow attached to one species and favor it when she's Survival of the Fittest).
- Characterization Marches On: When the Draconequi were first depicted in Origins, they were essentially depicted as akin to Devils. Only barely kept in check by the Alicorns. With Havoc and Entropy in particular being portrayed as Gods Of Evil. Later depictions would emphasize their Dark Is Not Evil side and the more positive traits to their nature. Showing them to be a force of GOOD in the world. (albeit a very harsh one). This is Justified since their first depiction was from Celestia's (somewhat understandably) biased recount of past events.
- Complete Immortality
- Dark Is Not Evil: Their concepts are shown to have a good and bad side. For example, Anarchy embodies both rebellion and freeing ponies from oppression under government rule.
- Five-Bad Band: Could be seen as this during the first part of Origins, but generally averted.
- Jerkass God: Sometimes, their Blue and Orange Morality can make them rather harsh, but they're generally not INTENTIONALLY malevolent.
- Non-Linear Character
- Physical God
- The Power of the Void: In contrast to the Alicorn's The Power of Creation, which they lack (they're only capable of rearranging matter). Pandora is the only Draconequus capable of creating in any form due to being Imagination, and judging by the Shadow of Chernobull, hers is imperfect compared to the Alicorns'.
- Mix-and-Match Critters
- Time Abyss: Similarly to the Alicorns.
Voiced by Adam Ferguson
- 100% Adoration Rating: You know some of the damned souls in Pony Hell? Word of God says that some of them would try to avenge his death if somebody managed to kill him!
- Abusive Parent: Loves to see his children's plans blow up in their faces and has no qualms about brutally punishing them himself. Though part of this may be more due to the Draconequi's Blue and Orange Morality, as their standards of 'fair punishment' seem far different than mortals and Alicorns, and he seems to have a decent relationship with Rancor. It's also stated he's still sore over Entropy erasing their son and he's more willing to listen to his children's backtalk.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: Subverted. Rancor and Discord mention he has a pony Avatar to use, but actually wants it to be scary for the ponies. Given what he represents, it's little surprise really.
- He tries to actually do this trope while meeting with Celestia, Luna, and Twilight to clear up some misconceptions, but has some difficulty with it.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of Mass Hysteria and Fear in general. The survival instinct is stated to come from Him.
- He's also the incarnation of Hell, and thus the punisher of those who live there.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: His teeth are roughly two times the size of Discord.
- Big Bad: Of the first part of Origins.
- Disc One Final Boss: Until his Avatar is mortally wounded by Cadence and eaten by Discord, at which point Discord took over.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Being Mass Hysteria personified, he considers watching terrified ponies 'fun family bonding time'. However, he does comprehend love and compassion though mainly that ponies fear for their loved ones. He's also the origin of the survival instinct and does enjoy watching fear save lives.
- He explains later that he has many 'faces', some of which seem contradictory, due to being one of the fundamental aspects of creation.
Havoc: I am a father, a tormentor, a trickster, a teacher, a punisher, a husband, a guardian, a watchmen, etc, you expect of the four fundamental rules of this universe to have only one face?
- Brown Note: Looking at his true form will terrify ponies so badly they'll likely never sleep again. His voice will reduce them to horrified wrecks. And that's apparently the best case scenario.
- Dark Is Not Evil: It's stated by the Father of All Alicorns that despite what He personifies He's NOT evil. He just has Blue and Orange Morality. It's stated the survival instinct comes from Him and that He does enjoy the fact fear saves lives. The fact that Dark World!Fluttershy recognizes he and the Draconequi are this earns His respect.
- It's also pointed out that he's the Warden of Hell, not evil incarnate. His job is to keep the wicked trapped there and punish them for their wrongdoing, not cause the wrong doing that sent them there in the first place. Even his role in Starlight's Trial was simply being the tempter to test her resolve rather than genuinely wanting to doom her.
- Did You Think I Can't Feel?: Luna realizes that even if He doesn't show it openly, Havoc genuinely does love His children and is still grieving D___t's demise. When Bright Eyes actually tells him she's sorry for His loss, Havoc says its the first time anyone has ever told him that and accepts her apology for destroying D___t's Shadow.
- When D___t's Shadow is destroyed, Pandora and Strife have a conversation right in front of Havoc about how D___t wasn't a good Draconequus without realizing that Havoc is actually crying inside at D___t's Shadow being destroyed.
- Dimension Lord: Of Pony Hell.
- Dragged Off to Hell: Being he is Hell, he's capable of this, but only claims evil, unrepentant souls. He's once shown doing this to the Diamond Dog that murdered Shining's uncle Cool Sun and was killed by Shining Armor by swallowing the murderer's soul whole.
- Eldritch Abomination: Is the Anthropomorphic Personification of Mass Hysteria and so much as looking at him will leave a mortal unable to sleep for the rest of their life at best. Thankfully, he's so powerful and massive, entering the mortal universe isn't possible for him.
- He states at one point that if he manifested an Avatar into the mortal world powerful enough to beat Discord, it's mere manifesting would level the eastern seaboard of Equestria.
- Fighting a Shadow: Created an Avatar he used to face the Alicorns on the battlefield during the Alicorn/Draconequi War with only a fraction of his power, since he's normally too powerful to do that. It/He went insane.
- Friendly Enemy: With the Father of Alicorns, who he calls "Buddy".
- Genius Loci: Pony Hell is actually located inside his body. If he dies, Pony Hell will cease to exist.
- Gender Bender: During Starlight's trial he took the form of a female Alicorn version of her.
- Good Feels Good: After he accepts Bright Eyes' sincere apology he says that it felt good to do so.
- Graceful Loser: After Starlight's trial, where he lost because she admitted her sins and wanted forgiven, he tells the Father it was fun acting like they're poker buddies before leaving to welcome Film Critique to Pony Hell.
- He points out to Celestia, Luna, and Twilight that honestly holds no ill will towards the Alicorns for winning the war, and that Discord being a sore loser is something Concepts SHOULDN'T be.
- It Amused Me: When Starlight asked the Father why Havoc pretended to have a Villainous Breakdown when he saw he was losing the trial for her soul, the Father responds simply that it amused Havoc to do so.
- Jerkass God: Most of his kids got it from him. (Pandemonium appears to have gotten his Hidden Heart of Gold only).
- He points out later that this is only one 'face' of him, and other aspects of his being are far more benevolent.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Hell: His domain.
- Large and in Charge: See Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever.
- Large Ham: Discord got it from Him. He especially hams it up during Starlight's trial, where he basically acts like a character from Ace Attorney.
- Mad God: See Sanity Slippage. Note; this only applies to his avatar, not the real Havoc.
- Meaningful Name: In addition to his first name, the last name of the Draconequi (his children, and thus likely his) is Typhon, the father of all monsters from mythology.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: One of the only tips we've gotten as to what He actually looks like is that he has innumerable limbs, some of which are claws or tentacles.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Havoc is a pretty intimidating name. One of his titles is Emperor of Phobias, though he's also called Home For Infinite Losers. Given his personality, that last one is probably self proclaimed.
- Nightmare Fuel: Is literally the God of this, being the Anthropomorphic Personification of Mass Hysteria and Fear. His symbol actually takes the form of whatever the viewer fears most.
- Non-Linear Character
- Papa Wolf: He has no qualms about letting his family get themselves in trouble, so long as they deserved it. Fauna Luster help you if you hurt them unprovoked, because she and her husband are the only one who can.
- It's also stated by the Father that He does hold it against Entropy that She erased their son and even cried when D___t's Shadow was destroyed..
- Pet the Dog: Has had a few instances of this such as letting Dark World!Fluttershy take Fluttercruel both due to her argument and respect that she feared for her daughter's safety more than she feared Him and accepting Bright Eye's apology for destroying what remained of D__t.
- Appearing to Celestia, Luna, and Twilight to not only explain away misconceptions they had, but generally be polite and a good host towards them. He even tells Celestia and Luna their family ISN'T extinct like they thought it was.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Relatively speaking. Between him and Entropy, he's the one most willing to listen to his children's gripes and actually does care about them. He also was willing to hear Dark World!Fluttershy out when she came to rescue Dark World!Fluttercruel from the Draconequi and handed Fluttercruel over without a fuss when she proved her point.
- Running Gag: Him annoying Entropy, her erasing him from existence, then him willing himself back into it.
- Sad Clown: Despite His happy go lucky personality and Large Ham tendencies (which are genuine as well), He genuinely does grieve over D___t being erased from existence and has never forgiven Entropy for it, he just doesn't show it externally. When D___t's Shadow was destroyed by Bright Eyes, he actually cried, but no one saw it except the souls in Pony Hell (which is Him) when it suddenly began to rain.
- Sanity Slippage: His Avatar became drunk on the chaos of the Alicorn/Draconequi War and ended up going very insane. By Draconequi standards. The actual Havoc didn't, however.
- Satanic Archetype: Well, not exactly (that would be Morning Star), but his domain is essentially Pony Hell, and he has a chariot pulled by the damned ponies sent there.
- Take Our Word for It: His true form is never actually described except for very vague details such as him being a giant horned serpent and having innumerable claws and tentacles. Otherwise he's simply described as every fear that ever has, is, and ever will be personified. According to Word of God, he didn't want to give an in-depth description of Havoc as nothing could ever be scary enough to live up to what He is. Most pictures take this into account by being extremely blurred with no real details.
- Top God: One of four.
- Troll: Seems to get a kick out of being this towards his wife. Notably, he's one of the only beings in existence that can. Well, now we know where Discord got it. The big difference between him and his son is Havoc doesn't direct his love of this towards EVERYONE.
- Villain Song: Has one called 'Here's To Chaos', a rewrite of the G1 villain Lavan's song 'Here's to Power'. Though, in universe, it's said Strife taught Lavan it as a tribute to Havoc.
- You Cannot Grasp the True Form: Word of God has confirmed that the same things that apply to the Father of All Alicorns apply to him. That on top of the fact merely looking at him is enough to render you incapable of sleeping for the rest of your days at best.
- You Got Guts: When Dark World!Fluttershy entering Entropy's Realm for the sake of her daughter, He tells her she's impressed Him by doing so and thus he'll hear her out.
Voiced by Heather Gold
- Abusive Parent: Routinely imprisoned Destruction in a black hole just to build his addiction to destruction to it's breaking point. Though truth be told, it isn't really her fault, nothing really has any value to her due to what she personifies. That said, Strife and Rancor both seem to be loyal to her.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of Heat Death and nothingness.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: She's described as being so huge, the pupil of her eye dwarfs Celestia.
- Berserk Button: Stating anything about her except she exists, calling her a Draconequi, or that she looks like one, and actually being hurt.
- Blue and Orange Morality: She's the embodiment of the End of All Things, thus nothing has value to her, even her own children, as all things are equal in her eyes.
- It's also stated she has an understanding of love; love comes from nothing.
- The Comically Serious: Is never played for laughs herself, but considering what her husband is like, their interactions are sometimes comical because of her seriousness.
- Calling Your Attacks: Always yells "YOU DON'T EXIST!" before erasing someone or something from existence.
- Didn't See That Coming: Due to being…well, an Eldritch Abomination, she didn't consider the Windigos would be destroyed, harming her in the process.
- Dimension Lord: Of Oblivion, basically. Her domain is inhabited by those who have been erased from existence.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Stating anything about her in her presence other than the fact she exists is a crime punishable by being erased from existence. As is calling her a Draconequi…or saying she looks like one, because she came first…Basically, any slight she perceives as committed against her is punishable by this.
- The Dreaded: The only beings that don't fear her are the other Elders, who are the only ones as powerful as she is. Even Discord seems quite afraid of ticking her off.
- Eldritch Abomination: Remember the Windigos? They're tiny pieces of her!
- Even Evil Has Standards: Considered open war with the alicorns too extreme at first (which is why she erased D___t). It took her actually feeling the pain of life to actually go through with it.
- The Evils of Free Will: While she doesn't really do anything about it, she believes beings with freewill will inevitably destroy themselves. The fact that life keeps proving her wrong is one of the few things that annoys her. Though given this information came from Celestia, who doesn't have the most favorable opinion of the Draconequi, it's unknown how true this is.
- Evil Matriarch: Treats her family as tools to be used and disposed of as necessary. Maybe. Given she's an Eldritch Abomination that the gods consider that trope, it's hard to tell.
- Evil Virtues: Well, Evil is hard to qualify due to that whole "different morality system" business, but Entropy has no interest in Lying.
- Face Palm: Has this reaction to Havoc pretending to have a Villainous Breakdown during Starlight's trial for his own amusement.
- Hypocrite: For all her talk to Celestia about taking responsibility for and accepting the consequences of one's actions, she becomes unreasonable after her Windigo plan backfires.
- Genius Loci: Like Havoc, Oblivion is located inside her body. If she dies, it will cease to exist.
- God in Pony Form: Naturally, she's capable of assuming pony form whenever she pleases. It's revealed Maud Pie is a mortal incarnation of her, apparently resulting from her shielding the CMC from Discord's end game plan. The human version is implied to be the same thing, but likely has a different origin.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Is rather easy to tick off if met face to face, and her default reaction is 'erase it from existence'.
- Ice Queen: Considering what she embodies, it's pretty reasonable.
- I Love You Because I Can't Control You: The reason why she chose Havoc was because he was the only thing who didn't fear her, as said by Word of God.
- Jerkass God: There is no other trope to describe her.
- Lack of Empathy: See Blue and Orange Morality.
- Large and in Charge: See Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever.
- Like an Old Married Couple: With Havoc. Which is actually a source of some comedy, considering they're Eldritch Abominations. That said, its stated she chose HIM, possibly specifically because he's one of the only beings in the universe to not fear her.
- Manipulative Bitch: Is implied to have manipulated things to lead to the Alicorn/Draconequi War in order to bring on the end of the universe sooner. Subverted, in that Havoc reveals this was only Celestia's perception of her, and she actually had no intentions on ending the universe early.
- Mother of a Thousand Young: Has shades of this, being the mother of the Draconequi despite, while they resemble them, is explicitly said to not be one herself, also created the Windigos from herself, and created Nightmare Legion from the shadows in her realm during the Draconequi/Alicorn War.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Both her real name and most of her titles. Especially "She Who Is The End Of All Things", the "Queen of Oblivion", and "The Anti-Mother of All Things".
- Never My Fault: She deluded herself into thinking the painful feedback from the Windigos was not an inevitable consequence of her actions, and demands an unreasonable restitution.
- No Indoor Voice: Hard to say given the nature of the flashbacks and who she is, but whenever she talks, IT'S ALWAYS TYPED LIKE THIS, just like her opposite number, Fauna Luster
- Non-Linear Character
- Offing the Offspring: Erased her firstborn D___t because __ Called The Old Lady Out, and that the rest of the family know, but aren't allowed to ever talk about it.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Unlike most examples, this is literally her job as the Anthropomorphic Personification of the end of the universe.
- Opposites Attract: She and Havoc couldn't be more different, but it's stated that she chose him so she has to be attracted to him somehow.
- Power of the Void
- Ret Gone: Has the terrifying ability to erase beings from existence. Neo Stream was one of her victims, but even Alicorns aren't immune. She can erase Havoc, but he just wills himself back into it. This happens so frequently it's basically their version of bickering Like an Old Married Couple.
- She apparently did this to one of her children at some point. Who is only referred to as D____t, though the Draconequi at least remember said sibling, but can't even say the gender.
- Screaming Birth: Does not have a pleasant experience giving birth to Rancor (due to being the opposite of life and thus the act of creating is even more painful for her), to the point the universe quakes from it. Afterwards, she erases Havoc from existence (he wills himself back into it seconds later) for saying they might have to try again.
- Straw Nihilist: Considering what she embodies, it's pretty reasonable.
- Token Evil Teammate: Is the most truly malevolent Draconequi besides Discord, though she does have some beneficial qualities such as desiring suffering to end.
- Top God: One of four.
- Villainous Breakdown: Undergoes one when three regular ponies stop the Windigos from exterminating all life on the planet, precipitating the Alicorn/Draconequus War (actually hurting her in the process).
Voiced by Beth Mayoh
Father of All Alicorns
Voiced by Nifty Koala
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of Existence, Wisdom, Sanity, Truth, and the Afterlife.
- Armor-Piercing Question: Pretty much half his dialog to Liarjack consists of these.
- Brutal Honesty: Sometimes. He's the embodiment of Truth, so he doesn't lie.
- Dimension Lord: Of the universe the story takes place in. He is also literally Pony Heaven, or at least it's inside him.
- Eldritch Abomination: A benevolent example. When Liarjack sees him, she literally can't describe him as anything other than a piece of the night sky cut in the shape of an Alicorn, all his other qualities are so apparently contradictory that she's incapable of making sense of them.
- Forgiveness: All forgiving if the one seeking it is genuinely repentant. This is because he loves all life and genuinely doesn't want to see any soul condemned if its possible to save it. He even quotes the Arc Words of Dark World to Starlight; forgiveness is not earned, it is given.
- Friend to All Living Things: Considers no living thing worthless and loves all life.
- God of Good: Shares this role with his mate. All life is precious to him.
- Good Hurts Evil: Liarjack, who was still hanging onto her sins, tried to touch him, and experienced horrible pain due to it. The Father of All Alicorns clearly didn't WANT to do it, it's just how things work.
- Good Parent: He's a good father. He does punish his children, but in a merciful way compared to the Draconequi. He punishes Luna for helping Celestia nearly cause The End of the World as We Know It for Ponyland by reverting her to an infant (reflecting her own immaturity). In comparison, Discord, who did the same thing, was punished by his family by being killed and resurrected several hundred times in horrifically gruesome ways (Destruction was apparently punished exactly the same for a similar slight).
- Heaven: He apparently is Pony Heaven, or at least it's inside his body.
- In Mysterious Ways: Subverted consistently. Probably due to being Wisdom incarnate, He's quite willing to explain why He did something if asked, as shown with his interactions with Liarjack and Starlight.
Applejack: Yah couldn't have just told meh from the start!
Father of All Alicorns: If I Had Just Told You, You Would Have Treated It As Nothing More Than A Lecture.
Applejack: Ah guess yah got a point there.
- Made of Good: To be expected when you're literally Pony Heaven.
- No Name Given: Never named in the story itself. According to Word of God, his name can't be pronounced by mortals, though technically the original intent was to give him the name of one of the "fathers" of the my little pony toy line.
- Though Havoc calls him "Buddy" if that's worth anything.
- Amicitia later refers to him as BDCZM.
- Non-Linear Character
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Is understanding of his children and the various mortals who come in contact with him (even helping Dark World!Applebloom redeem her sister and giving Melody glimpse of the future to ease her concerns about her granddaughter. He's also all merciful and will forgive anyone who is genuinely repentant, and that's pretty much the only requirement to get into Heaven. Given he's the Anthropomorphic Personification of Wisdom (and thus the Perfect Wisdom), this is to be expected.
- Tarot Motifs: 5th, the Hierophant.
- Team Dad: To the Alicorns and all of creation, natch. Notably to Liarjack.
- Top God: One of four.
- The Spock: Described by Celestia as, "Logical and Rational", but also holding all life as significant.
- You Cannot Grasp the True Form: When Liarjack sees him, the only concrete thing she can grasp about him is he appears to be a piece of the night sky made into the form of a pony. Everything else about him is simply so seemingly contradictory (due to him being the Anthropomorphic Personification of Existence) that she's incapable of making sense of any of it and finally just gives up trying to describe him. Since he's a good guy, it doesn't drive her mad, it just confuses the hay out of her.
Amicitia/Dark World!Twilight/ Half-Light Dawn, Half-Light Noon, Half-Light Dusk
See "Epilogue Timeline-Heroes" and "Other Characters"
Sections for more details
- Ambiguous Gender: Gender was originally unknown because she hadn't existed before, but she turns out to be female.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of Magic, Friendship, and Happy Endings.
- Badass Boast: The first thing we hear her say after completing her ascension.
"With the rainbow of light in one hoof. And the rainbow of darkness in the other, I do not write the rules, I do not oversee the rules, I am the rules! I AM MAGIC!"
- Big Good: Of Dark World (as the Benevolent Interloper) and the main timeline (as the Interviewers).
- Chekhov M.I.A.: Is the only Major Arcana Alicorn not named or detailed. As it turns out, she's Dark World!Twilight, having ascended after merging with Nightmare Eclipse/Paradox.
- Deity Of Pony Origin: The only Major Arcana Alicorn to be born from a mortal.
- God of Good: She's the Goddess of Happy Endings.
- Happy Endings: One of the things she personifies.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Sort of. In order to ensure the events of Dark World don't happen in all timelines, she splits herself into four beings. The first three are the Interviewers, the fourth? Shining Armor.
- I Have Many Names: Still goes by Twilight even after her ascension to Amicitia, and then the three Interviewers each get their own names after the split.
- Literal Split Personality: In order to create a timeline separate from Dark World, she creates Shining Armor from herself, with the remainder dividing up into the three ponies who become the Interviewers.
- Non-Linear Character
- Opt Out: Didn't participate in the Alicorn-Draconequus War.
- Physical Goddess
- Tarot Motifs: #1, The Magician.
Voiced by Becky Horton
Voiced by Suzanne Muir
Voiced by Duskstroke Serenade
Voiced by Sara Clark
Voiced by: Mitchell Sanders
Voiced by Ian MacLaren
Voiced by Thom Jackson
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of Death, Rebirth, and Change.
- Badass: Case in point, he has to deal with a time traveling Rancor. He treats her as a minor annoyance and easily paralyzes her with acupuncture when she gets out of hoof. Whether or not she already succeed in stealing back Destruction's power in her timeline isn't clear, but disabling the Goddess of Violence in seconds is no small feat. Considering he's the one who has to escort sinners, including people like Tirek and the near omnipotent Lavan, to Hell, it's little surprise he's a Badass.
- Chekhov's Gunpony: First appears in one of the possible futures Applejack glimpses during her first look into the Truth, well before his introduction in Origins.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite his job and appearance (black with bone wings), he comes across as a pretty decent guy, if not burdened by the difficulty of his job.
- Don't Fear the Reaper: Despite being Death, he's not evil in the least and generally seems kind, even if he's burdened by his job (who wouldn't be?). He also doesn't seem to have a problem with allowing certain souls to remain on Earth until they've finished their Unfinished Business, as happened with the G2 mane cast (none of them wanted to pass on until all of them were together).
- The Grim Reaper: One of his jobs.
- Interspecies Romance: With Strife; they've even had children together and are apparently married.
- Non-Linear Character
- Physical God
- Pressure Point: Uses acupuncture to easily disable Rancor when she, while visiting the past, starts getting out of hand.
- Tarot Motifs: 13, Death.
Voiced by Micheal A. Novelli
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Intended to be one of Perfection and Beauty, but ultimately became the embodiment of Evil and Temptation.
- Bigger Bad: Serves as one for Tirek and Lilith the First Witch, as he was the one that sent Pandora's Box of dark magic to the planet where they'd find it and use it's power.
- The Corrupter: Goes with being Temptation. What little we see of him implies this.
- Evil Mentor: Served as one for Discord, teaching him the art of manipulation.
- The Evils of Free Will: Believes Free Will ruins the perfection of the universe and desires to destroy it.
- Fake Ultimate Hero: Attempted to make himself this by stealing Pandora's Box of Dark Magic and using it in an attempt to make a problem only he could solve to convince his parents he was right.
- Fallen Alicorn: Turned against his parents and tried to conquer the universe, believing himself to be more perfect than them.
- God of Evil
- Manipulative Bastard: He taught Discord to be one. Not a surprise, considering who he's based on.
- Meaningful Name: His name is what Lucifer (the devil's real name) means.
- Non-Linear Character: Possibly the only aversion, as he's imprisoned.
- Physical God
- Predecessor Villain: To Discord, his pupil.
- Pride: As with who he's based on, this is Morning Star's Fatal Flaw.
- Satanic Archetype: He is the Devil Tarot after all.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Was imprisoned for his crimes, but released by Havoc to lead the Draconequi in the war. His fate afterwards is unknown, but Word of God has said he was either killed in the war or imprisoned in Hell as part of the Draconequi's end of peace treaty between them and the Alicorns.
- Tarot Motifs: 15, The Devil.
- Ultimate Lifeform: Was intended to be the deity equivalent of this as the Concept of Perfection. Unfortunately, he believed he was more perfect than the elders and turned into the Concept of Evil instead. In his lecture to Justitia, he still refers to himself as 'the Perfect Being', however.
- Villain Of Another Story: He's clearly a big threat and a Satanic Archetype, but Discord is the Big Bad and not him. We finally see some of his villainy when he sends Pandora's Box of dark magic to the planet.
Voiced by Godzillawolf
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of Balance, Judgment, and Fair Say.
- Dimension Lord: While all the Alicorns and Draconequi are this to their own realm, we get to see his in Starlight's Gaiden chapter, which appears as a courtroom. Though according to Word of God, that was actually it taking on A Form You Are Comfortable With.
- The Judge: We don't see him actually judge that much, in the two cases he would, his Father takes over.
- If Starlight's case was anything to go by, it seems he enables souls to judge themselves with him providing advice. However, it's not as easy as it sounds.
- It's revealed he had to precede over Morning Star's trial and the Dark World version of him judges Dark World!Fluttercruel's case as well. Notably, he found both guilty of their crimes despite them being family, as the ability to let things such as love of his family influence his verdict is an ability he's physically incapable of doing. He's always a fair and impartial judge by his very nature.
- Magic Versus Science: In one of the few cases he did judge, he ruled that neither Magic nor Science is inherently better, as both are reaching for the truth of how the world works.
- Non-Linear Character
- Physical God
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He IS the personification of Fair Say.
- Tarot Motifs: 20, Judgment.
- The End of the World as We Know It: Doesn't cause these, he's merely the one who sounds the trumpet to announce it's time for it to happen once a timeline has gotten to the point it has to die.
Known Minor Arcana
Princess Gaia (Fluttershy)
See "Mane Cast", "Antagonist", and "Epilogue Timeline-Heroes"
Sections for more details
Princess Anasi (Dark World!Trixie)
Queen Liberalis (Dark World!Rarity)
See "Epilogue Timeline-Heroes"
Sections for more details
Princess Veritas (Alternate Applejack)
Princess Thalia (Alternate Pinkie Pie)
See "Antagonists" section.
Voiced by Lindsey Lloyd
Voiced by Germanicy
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of, well, destruction. Mass destruction, to be precise.
- Deader Than Dead: Word of God says that not even the elders can bring him back to life.
- Death by Irony: After he died he was completely destroyed, there is no way for him to come back to life.
- Immature Muscle
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: His name is Destruction and he destroys things.
- Killed Off for Real: Was killed and eaten by Discord, along with his power, making him one of the only one of the gods that's confirmed to be dead.
- Mad Bomber: His preferred method of causing destruction is to make things "go boom."
- Meaningful Name: His middle name is Shiva, the Destroyer in Hindu mythology. His primary role is to destroy what needs to be destroyed so things can begin anew, which also fits with Shiva's role in mythology, who destroyed the world so Brahmā could make a new one in its place.
- Consdering that it is his job to destroy things, his first name, Destruction, is also meaningful.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: He is a draconequus after all. Anyway, he's got the left arm of a gorilla, his right arm is actually an octopus tentacle, his left wing is actually a lizard crest, his right wing's a dove's, his left leg is a bull's, his right leg is that of a buffalo, and lastly he's got the tail of a monkey.
- Non-Linear Character
- Nonstandard Character Design: At least according to Dalekolt. (He's in the upper right corner.)
- Person of Mass Destruction: Even by his race's standards. He once destroyed a black hole! And he has no control over it, as if he doesn't destroy something, he becomes a feral beast that has to destroy enough to state it.
- Physical God
- Power Incontinence: He literally can't control his urge to destroy things, if he doesn't do it, it builds until he goes berserk and destroys everything in his path to state it. This can result in it building until he can destroy a black hole.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Is more childishly destructive than anything else.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: His 'Omega State', pretty much caused by a build up of his destructive power and impulses. He goes completely berserk and will destroy whatever happens to be standing in front of him at the time. This includes an entire civilization and a black hole (even Entropy was impressed by that).
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Literally. He doesn't want to destroy things, something is wrong with him that makes him need to destroy things, and he hates it. Oh, and Discord killed and ate him!
See "Antagonists" section.
Voiced by TBA
See "Epilogue Timeline-Villains" section for additional tropes
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of revenge, violence, and passions. And eventually, mass destruction.
- Blind Obedience: Still new to the family, she follows her Parents' orders without question.
- The Cameo: Appears in Melody's 7 Dreams/Nightmares chapter, having apparently been sent back to participate in the G3 Cosmic Retcon. According to Word of God, she went back to get Princess Rarity's autograph because she wants one from all of Melody's lives, as she's her favorite singer.
- Meaningful Name: Her middle name is Adrestria (her last name is Typhon, like her siblings), who in Greek Mythology is a daughter of Ares and minor goddess of revenge.
- Mood-Swinger: Of a sort. She swings back and forth between being an angry, vengeful, serious spirit and an over eager, happy teenage god.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: She is an draconequus after all. Anyway, she's got the left arm of a Tasmanian wolf's, her right arm is a moa's, her left wing is a pterodactyl's, her right wing is that of an archeopteryx, her left leg's a saber tooth tiger's, her right leg's a kouprey's, and last but not least she's got the tail of a shark.
- Non-Linear Character
- Odd Name Out: Out of all her siblings, she is the first one to lack a birth name starting with 'D'.
- It turns out she had to earn a name with the letter D by stealing Destruction's power.
- Physical Goddess
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: When first born.
- Revenge: One of the things she represents.
- Sixth Ranger
- Theme Naming: All of the animals that make up her body are extinct.
- Tyke Bomb: Born to do a very specific task: steal Destruction's power back from Discord.
- War Goddess: Not explicitly Warfare, but considering she's the Goddess of Violence and Passions, it likely falls in her portfolio.
- Weapon of Choice: The spear that killed Venus' son, given to her by Strife. Also can break bones by saying the bone names.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of something. Even he cannot say what it is for sure, but the closest approximation is the concept of willing things into existence via imagination or maybe even a total freedom of will (without natural restraint).
- Big Bad: Of Bright Eyes' Gaiden story, at the end of which he tries to absorb her soul and potential concept in order to recreate himself.
- Big Brother Instinct: A good explanation for the wistfulness of his younger siblings and his death.
- Break Them by Talking: Nearly succeeds in doing this to Bright Eyes by posing as her Enemy Within and claiming that deep down she wanted the disaster to happen. Fortunately, the love of her friends and family was enough for her to see through his lies and defeat him.
- Calling the Old Lady Out: Talked back to his mother, Entropy, presumably about one of the many things she hates. It was actually due to trying to convince her to go to open war with the alicorns.
- Came Back Wrong: His Shadow of Existence, unlike most, seemed completely sentient and aware of who he used to be (perhaps due to his being a Concept), but also seemed to lack the intrinsic qualities of his true self (though the real one wasn't exactly a good person) and seemed completely Ax-Crazy. Of note, the real one seems to have been a Cool Big Bro to his family, while the Shadow considers himself the only sane being in existence.
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: Essentially his Concept.
- Cool Big Bro: Was the eldest son of Havoc and Entropy, and seems to be sincerely missed by all his younger brothers and sisters, even his father Havoc seems to miss him and is still upset Entropy erased him.
- Although to some degree, Strife realized that he was not really a good Draconequi.
- Deader Than Dead: Entropy erased him from existence. And then Bright Eyes destroyed his shadow of existence.
- Dying Curse: Promises Bright Eyes as she kills him that no matter how many generations it takes, he will devour her and become a real concept again. Subverted in that she proceeds to destroy him completely moments later.
- Evil Weapon: A sword of moths in Bright Eyes's head to fight one of butterflies.
- Foil: To Morning Star. Both of them sought to seek dominance over reality. D___t wanted to do so by abolishing Nature's Law. Morning Star wanted to take control of the existing structures and rule over it all. Fitting, considering their goals are almost parallel to how Discord and Grogar viewed each other in the Dark World timeline in wanting absolute order or chaos.
- Also one to Nightmare Paradox. Both wanted to influence another living being to become what they wanted to be, and both have some degree of hatred for the gods and how the world is.
- Grand Theft Me: Tried to absorb Bright Eyes' soul and its potential concept (which eventually led to Fluttershy becoming Princess Gaia) so that he could use it to reconstitute himself. She defeats him in a Battle in the Center of the Mind.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: Bright Eyes finishes his Shadow of Existence off before he can complete his Dying Curse.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: He was a draconequus after all. But what animals made up his body will probably never be revealed. All we know is one of his arms was a canine of some sort.
- Non-Linear Character: Before he was erased, as he WAS a Concept.
- Posthumous Character: Was killed by his mother for calling her out before Generation Transitions. All the information about him comes from Discord and his other siblings occasionally reminiscing about him. And then his Shadow showed up in Bright Eyes's chapter.
- Physical God
- Reality Warper: Was one himself, naturally, but his Concept essentially allowed mortals some measure of this. His goal was to turn all mortals into this.
- The Unfavorite: It takes a certain amount of disfavor to have your mother murder you, while your father does nothing but remain complicit with the justification, "Children should never talk back to their elders." Though considering Havoc's personality, it's difficult to tell if he's just being himself or if he genuinely feels that way. According to Word of God, Havoc does sincerely miss him and has never forgiven Entropy for erasing him.
- When D__t's Shadow of Existence was destroyed, Havoc cried.
- Un-Person: He was not quite Ret Gone since his siblings still remember him, so their mother enforces the notion that he never existed. They never say his name nor his gender within an earshot of her, just underscores.
- Villain Of Another Story: He actually wanted to destroy all the alicorns in order to abolish Nature's Law. And he got erased for his proposition. Then he arose to become the Big Bad of Bright Eyes's last journey.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: His desire to destroy Nature's Law was out of a desire to give mortals complete freedom, but as Strife and Bright Eyes point out, this was not a good idea and likely would've caused an even worse version of what destroyed G3.
- White Sheep: Subverted. Initial impressions give that he spoke back to Entropy because she treated everything with such contempt. However, the real reason was because, he wanted to kill all the alicorns so that a freedom to mold reality as one sees fit would be totally achieved.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: According to Word of God, he saw himself as living in a universe were the gods making laws to govern reality was enslaving mortals (specifically one akin Shin Megami Tensei, mistaking the Father for YHVA), rather than one where those laws were in place to allow life to exist and prevent the universe from collapsing.
See "Epilogue Timeline-Heroes"
Dragon Queen Tiamat
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Normal fully grown dragons in the My Little Pony world are Kaiju, Tiamat is their queen. The Hooviets and much earlier the Centaurs found out the hard way why.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Is surprisingly civil for a Dragon Goddess, to the point she and Celestia have polite conversation over tea during diplomatic visits. She also loves each and every dragon alive as if they are her children. The one time we see her get pissed off? She goes on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge that decimates the entire Hooviet Empire and ends up leaving the southern half of the empire a smoldering ruin. Tiamat might be civil, but she's not a deity to buck with.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: Despite being capable of destroying an entire army singlehandedly, she's still a mother goddess and can be tender and kind. Just don't hurt her kids.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Singlehandedly dished one out to the entire Hooviet army.
- A thousand of the Centaur Empire's best didn't fair much better.
- Did We Just Have Tea with Cthulhu?: Despite... well, everything else in this entry, she's apparently pretty civil when not enraged, as she and Celestia apparently have polite conversation over tea when Celestia comes for diplomatic missions. Shining Armor wonders where they a tea cup big enough for her (and that much tea, for that matter).
- The Ghost: Has been referred to by Shining Armor and mentioned in both the Dark World Arc and an alternate universe, but never seen.
- Finally shows up in Celestia's side story.
- Good Parent: Loves her children (all of dragon kind), and sent Bahamut to go and check on all of them individually after the G2 Apocalypse.
- Happily Married: To Bahamut.
- Kaiju: Even by dragon standards, she's gigantic. Her rampage against the Hooviets is described as putting a giant monster film to shame.
- Large and in Charge: When standing at her full height, she blots out the sun.
- Mama Bear: Her actual hoard is relatively small, despite her being the largest and most powerful dragon alive, as well as their queen. This is because she considers her true treasure all of dragonkind. The Hooviets tried to take some of her subjects' territory from them. Tiamat declared war and when her subjects began to fall in battle, she came herself and stopped (willingly) just short of leaving their capital a blazing crater, demanding a king's ransom for every dragon killed in the war.
- Multiple Head Case: Has five heads, each of which has their own mind. They never fight, however.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: The Mother of All Dragons.
- One Dragon Army: The Dragons were thinking of giving up the war against the Hooviets due to losses... Tiamat entered the fray and curbstompped the entire Hooviet military singlehandedly.
- The Centaur Empire sent one thousand of their best assassins to kill her. She returned their skulls and armor. Note, the Centaurs had practically made dragon killing a sport at the time.
- Physical Goddess: Her title full title is Goddess-Queen Tiamat and she's more than powerful enough to back up that claim. Celestia and Luna are the only beings to have ever earned her respect, and Celestia says that Havoc and Entropy are the only beings she actually fears.
- Nightmare Banneret, Spike's Nightmare is said to resemble her and according to Word of God would become a Dragon God instead of an Alicorn if he were purified by the Elements of Harmony, implying she's an actual god.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Against the Hooviet Empire after they stole her subjects' territory and killed many of them in a war. The country's military is decimated and half the country lay in ruin by the time she's done.
- She and her mate do another one when Makarov's endgame murders several thousand of her children.
- The Royal We: Played With. She refers to herself in plural, but it's never made clear if she's doing this or refering to her five heads.
- Shoot the Dog: Admits that if it weren't for her treaty with Celestia, she'd have eaten Minuette to prevent the Master from ever getting loose. Minuette doesn't blame her.
- Time Abyss: Was present during the Second Age, as she's mentioned in Bahamut's appearance. This makes her at the very least over four thousand years old and one of the oldest living beings on the planet. It's revealed that she and Bahamut first became known during the time of the Centaurs, meaning she predates Ponyland and Pony Kind as a sapient species.
- Accidental Hero: Ended up saving Clover from Fluffy the Terrible, sending the latter falling to his death, but was just stopping for a rest and happened to land in the right spot. He honestly didn't even know what happened and still might not.
- Amnesiac God: Implied by Luna to be possible.
- Blow You Away: Shows this ability when on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge with his mate over Makarov's attempted dragon genocide.
- Good Parent: After the G2 apocalypse, he went to check on every dragon in the world to make sure they were alright and got to know them individually.
- Happily Married: To Queen Tiamat.
- Large and in Charge: Tiamat's mate and, while not as massive as her, still gigantic even by Dragon standards.
- Papa Wolf: Is just as protective of his children as Queen Tiamat.
- Physical God: Another Dragon God like Tiamat.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Accompanies his mate on one after Makarov attempts genocide on the dragons.
- Shrouded in Myth: Even in modern day, ponies seem to know less about him than they do about Tiamat.
- Super Speed: Implied by his exit after accidentally saving Clover from Fluffy the Terrible.
- Time Abyss: Was around during the Second Age, meaning he's older than the current civilizations and even Celestia, Luna, and Discord's mortal forms. It's revealed during Tirek's origin story that he predates Ponyland and Ponies being sapient.
- Actual Pacifist: From the looks of it. She clearly detests just leading military action against her own kind and is never shown taking part in actual combat.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Is implied to be filling in for Gaia (who didn't exist yet) as Concept of the Natural World and Organic Life, but her words and Word of God imply she's a deity in her own right (later revealed to be the Deer's Mother Goddess) and was merely 'subbing' for her.
- Badass Pacifist: She never actually fights, but manages to get a capture Hooviet Rhino Tank's crew to pull a Heel-Face Turn by having a good talk with them.
- Big Good: For the Anti-Hooviet Rebels (and by extension their ally Shining Armor) in the Shining Armor Arc. Apparently becomes the ruler of Roedina after Makarov's demise.
- Big Damn Heroes: Saved Bright Eyes from a pack of Coyotes.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appeared in Bright Eyes' chapter of 7 Dreams/Nightmares Gaiden before appearing properly in the Shining Armor Arc.
- Fertile Hooves: Bright Eyes notices flowers growing where she steps.
- Friend to All Living Things: Loves all life and teaches Bright Eyes the beauty of nature after saving her life.
- Mind over Matter: Demonstrates this.
- No Name Given: Is unknown in her first appearance, but is later revealed to be named Mother Deer.
- Physical Goddess: Is to the Deer what Tiamat is to the Dragons.
- Really 700 Years Old: Was present in the Second Age, meaning she predates Equestria's founding by several hundred years at least. She doesn't look it.
- Time Abyss: While all Gods are this, she's been on the pony world since at least the Second Age, making her among the oldest beings currently alive.
- Sealed Good in a Can: While the details are unknown, her words imply the Hooviets imprisoned her until she escaped.