Characters: Pony POV Series-Expanded Universe Characters
This section is for characters who appear in Recursive Fanfiction
and Loose Canon
stories written by other authors besides Alexwarlorn.
Voiced by: Jordan Dean "Mystery" Ezekude.
As his name implies, Coffee Swirl is the proprietor of a cafe in Ponyville. While not nearly to the extent as Neo Stream, Fluttershy being Easily Forgiven does bother him, especially since he suffered greatly during the Gaia arc. However, with the encouragement of the Interviewers, he considers giving her a second chance.
- Ascended Fanon: In addition to being declared Loose Canon, he's also been mentioned in the main story by name.
- Bad Dreams: Has had recurring nightmares after the events of Discord's reign and Princess Gaia
- Big Damn Heroes: While mostly accidental, he managed to save Fluttershy from being raped by several ponies seeking revenge for what she did as Princess Gaia.
- The Cameo: Has a discussion with Sherlock as one of the partygoers in the background of episode 5 as a Throw It In by the Godzillawolf when recording party voices.
- Creator Cameo: Is voiced by one of the beta readers/writers for the series.
- Driven to Suicide: Admits at first to be seriously considering it and even refers to himself as suicidal. Fluttershy and Fluttercruel both help him get over some of his issues in the end. Not all, but some.
- Fire-Forged Friends: While he is more neutral now in his opinion, he's at least become close to a friend with Fluttershy and Fluttercruel through all they've been through. At least they consider him a friend and he's not completely opposed to the idea anymore.
- Innocent Bystander: Pretty much just a normal pony who has gotten caught up in the chaos of the past Big Bads, the emotional pain of which nearly drives him insane. In fact, he's so normal, he's about the only one the Interviewers let their knowledge leak to.
- Only Sane Stallion: How he sees himself after the Princess Gaia incident.
- Revenge: Subverted, while he refuses to forgive Fluttershy and (at first) hates her, he outright states he's not going to try and take revenge on her.
- Secret Keeper: Ultimately becomes one for the Interviewers, but is free to let the information go after the next near end of Equestria event if he so pleases.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: His reaction when the interviewers ask him if he's attracted to Fluttercruel.
- Ship Tease: In "New Game Plus", Fluttershy suggests him to Fluttercruel as a possibility for a boyfriend for her. It's left up in the air if anything will come of it.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Gives one to Fluttershy when she almost lets herself get raped by three stallions she hurt while Princess Gaia.
Voiced by: Philsterman.
A troubled earth pony. Enraged by Fluttershy being Easily Forgiven for her actions as Princess Gaia, he spirals further and further into depression, anger, and madness, until he desires to take his anger and trauma out not just on Fluttershy, but all of existence itself. However, he eventually realizes his mistake and admits himself to a mental ward as part of his atonement. Six weeks later, he and his mother are erased from existence by Entropy (on the day of his discharge) for refusing to join her.
- All Just a Dream: It turns out, much to his relief, that his transformation into a Nightmare and his omnicidal rampage was just one big emotion fueled nightmare.
- Back from the Non-Existence: After being erased by Entropy, InvertedShadow brings him back into existence, albeit in the Garry's Mod universe.
- In the main fic, Amicitia (Dark World!Twilight ascended to the Alicorn of Magic) originally brought him back into existence, but this was later removed due to clashing with the desires of the character's creator.
- Go Out with a Smile: Happens just before Entropy removes him and his mother from existence.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Experiences this after his omnicidal nightmare in which he transformed into a Nightmare, brutally murdered Fluttershy and destroyed Equestria.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Not only does he want to kill Fluttershy for her actions, but he wants to destroy literally everyone who forgave her, and finally the entire world due to how crapsack he believes it to be.
- Posthumous Character: Any stories taking place after his being erased by Entropy have him as this.
- Redemption Equals Death: For refusing to cooperate with Entropy, she erases him and his mother from existence.
- Ret Gone: Was erased by Entropy along with his mother.
- Sanity Slippage: Suffers this big time due to his ordeal during the Gaia arc. The fact that Fluttershy is (in his eyes) Easily Forgiven makes it even worse.
- The Atoner: He ultimately pulls himself together and realizes that revenge is not the answer. Thus, he admits himself to a mental ward for six weeks and refuses to cooperate with Entropy (regardless of his fate) as part of his atonement.
Voiced by: Godzillawolf
- The Cameo: Has a conversation with Coffee Swirl as one of the ponies talking in the background of episode 5 included as a Throw It In by Godzillawolf while recording party voices.
- Cool Pet: He has a pet dragonfly who appears to be the new timeline version of Story Bell's pet dragonfly.
- Creator Cameo: Is voiced by one of the beta readers and writers for the series who also write his own story.
- Intrepid Reporter: Sort of. After Applejack helps him conquer his demons, he starts tagging along with the interviewers to interview the cast as the subject of his newest book.
- Reincarnation: It turns out that he's actually the G4 version of G3 Story Belle, carrying her light of existence. He doesn't know it, however, but Pinkie has figured it out.
- Reincarnation Friendship: He became fast friends with the mane cast due to some of the ponies who ended up a part of them were Story Belle's friends, who was a part of him.
- Sherlock Scan: It's his special talent. Though he mainly uses it for his writing.
- Something Only They Would Say: Pinkie Pie first realizes he has Story Belle's light of existence when he ends his story the same way she would. He later confirms it by telling the same story she told Pinkie and her friends in G3.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Developed a phobia of books after the Day of Chaos, where Discord brought them to life to try and kill him. Applejack helps him get over it though.
- Cheerful Child: She is Pinkie's cousin, it is to be expected.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Is guilty over the fact she didn't help Sunny Daze when she saw her suffering under Discord (not that she COULD, considering).
- Trademark Favorite Food: Peaches, obviously, her special talent is even growing them. Which makes Discord forcing her to eat them nonstop to the point she was hospitalized with cyanide poisoning (peach pits contain cyanide) afterwards even worse.
- True Companions: With Sunny Daze
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Has some knowledge that one wouldn't expect from a filly, mainly when it comes to peaches, such as their pits containing trace amounts of cyanide.
- Cheerful Child: Not to the extent of Peachy, but still rather cheerful.
- Death from Above: Discord had the sun chase her with a Death Ray of solar energy. The poor girl ended up hospitalized with burns afterwards.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Her special power is knowing where to put plants so they'll benefit most from the sunlight. This is actually rather useful, especially considering both her mother and best friend grow plants.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Has a mild one when she realizes she blamed Peachy Pie for what Discord FORCED Peachy to do, no different than she herself being unable to help her big brother because of her own suffering on the Day of Chaos.
- True Companions: With Peachy.
- Cool Big Bro: To Sunny.
- Flat Earth Atheist: Doesn't believe in gods or an afterlife. Discord actually calls him out on this in regards to the Princesses — Shady responds by saying that while he admits they're powerful, he doesn't think they're actual goddesses.
- Photographic Memory: Has one, which normally is a blessing. However, it came back to bite him when Discord made him blind, but he still remembered every noised, only now was unable to identify who and what it was coming from.
- Unfazed Everyman: Was almost completely unaffected by the Day of Chaos.
Seeds of Magic Universe
Applejack (Seeds of Magic)
- Alternate Self: An alternate version of Applejack from a universe where she became the Element of Magic.
- Badass Bookworm: Has a similar love of books to Main!Twilight and is an Earth Pony Wizard!
- Celebrity Is Overrated: Has a version of this; she fully enjoys what she's famous for, but hates that she's put up on a pedestal for it.
- Determinator: She's no less stubborn than Main!Applejack. When she said she wanted into Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, she MEANT IT.
- Fantastic Racism: Faced a lot of it due to being an Earth Pony who could do magic.
- She also got a bit from Earth Ponies who viewed magic as a waste of time.
- For Want of a Nail: In this case, the nail was being crippled as a filly, leading to her becoming a bookworm and ultimately to her deciding she wants to be in Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns and becoming the Element of Magic.
- Genius Cripple: Due to her injury, she turned what became Applejack's work ethic towards reading, becoming quite intelligent.
- Handicapped Badass: The main difference between her and the main Applejack is that she was crippled by an accident on the farm as a filly, leaving her with a limp for the rest of her life. And she's still a badass.
- Happily Adopted: Not that she ever loses contact with her siblings and grandmother but the Oranges are her primary caregivers during her schooling years because they live closer to Canterlot.
- Hero of Another Story: Is first seen in the truth by Main!Applejack and helped defeat Nightmare Mirror briefly. We eventually get her story via Recursive Fanfiction.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Admits she sometimes feels this way, even if she enjoys being an Earth Pony Wizard.
- Instant Runes: Her magic involves them. She also has one as part of her Cutie Mark. It's revealed in part 2 that they're merely ambient magic she draws in to take the place of a Unicorn's horn.
- Magi Babble: Goes off on this sometimes, to the Interviewers surprise.
- Precocious Crush: Met Shining Armor as a filly (due to Twilight being her first school friend) and developed a crush on him due to his good looks. However, she says she's long since gotten over it.
- Southern-Fried Genius: While she's lost some of her accent and is more acclimated to the city than Main!Applejack, she's still very much a Country Mouse and holds similar values while also having knowledge of magic on par with the queen of bookworms herself: Twilight Sparkle.
- Wrong Context Magic: She's an Earth Pony capable of casting spells, though hers involve spell seals formed from the ambient mana in the air to replace a horn. She has a good bit of trouble explaining it to others.
Twilight Sparkle (Seeds of Magic)
- Adorkable: As in canon, she's shown to be such.
- Fire-Forged Friends: With Roseluck, Bon Bon and Lyra during the Summer Sun Celebration riot.
- Hero of Another Story: While Applejack and the others were off looking for the Elements of Harmony, she ended up helping to calm down the panicked riots caused by Nightmare Moon's appearance.
- Motor Mouth: At least while having Squeeing over meeting an Earth Pony who can do magic.
- Only Friend: Seemed to be this to Applejack at Celestia's School For Gifted Unicorns.
- And AJ was hers, as she herself admits when Roseluck declares her a friend during the chaos of the Summer Sun Celebration.
- Squee: Where other fillies were too busy making fun of her for Fantastic Racism, Twilight was busy doing this over the fact Applejack was an Earth Pony Wizard.
- We Can Rule Together: Nightmare Moon offers her a chance to be her captain of the guard, and it seems was trying to hypnotize her into accepting. Fortunately, AJ interrupted before she could.
Big Macintosh (Seeds of Magic)
- Big Brother Instinct: Is reasonably ticked off at Red Delicious for bad talking his little sister and later Rainbow Dash for thinking Applejack is a spy.
- The Big Guy
- The Quiet One: Subverted, due to AJ being in Canterlot, he's gotten more vocal.
Looking Glass Ponies Verse
- And It Worked: Their universe is the result of the G2 Mega Spell's flaws being discovered before it was too late and it being repaired, allowing the spell to work correctly. Or so it seemed.
- Gender Flip: Due to stallions existing in their universe, some are male counterparts to G3 Verse ponies.
- Race Against the Clock: Their world is heading for an apocalypse of its own, and they have to hurry to re-cast the Mega Spell in order to stop it.
Ponyville's resident librarian and a Gender Flip Alternate Self
to Story Belle, Tome Heart discovers a old letter revealing the origins of their world in the Second Age Wish Come True Mega Spell, sparking the Looking Glass Ponies to attempt to save the world.
- Alternate Self: Of Story Belle.
- Adorkable: One gets the feeling that he and Twilight Sparkle would get along quite well. One of his favorite days is New Book Sorting Day. In fact to be able to enjoy reading was his wish when the Wishes Come True Mega Spell was utilized.
- Bookworm: It was his name before he was changed by the wish spell. He considers the idea of running out of books to read more scary than a letter saying the world was made by a gigantic wish spell that almost went horrifically wrong.
- Ditzy Genius: Despite being very intelligent, he can also be scatterbrained...or as he prefers to call it 'having a selective attention span'.
- Friend to Bugs: Not just his friend Glossary but other bug friends as well. In fact he even makes sure not to use terms like 'bugging' because it'd be offensive.
- Gender Flip: Of Story Belle. He's also got a few more character traits, due to the alternate universe.
- Good Feels Good: Genuinely enjoys giving other ponies books they'll enjoy.
- Insistent Terminology: Insists on using bothering and other such words instead of the term 'bugging' because he considers it unkind to bugs.
- He's not scatterbrained, he has a 'selective attention span.'
- Nice Guy: He loves giving people books they'll enjoy and his reaction to Scootaloo crashing into him while trying to build a flying machine is to offer her a book to help her do it.
- OOC Is Serious Business: One of the ways Puzzlemint's Sherlock Scan tells he's worrying about something is he was outside the library on New Book Sorting Day.
- Sherlock Scan: Tries to follow Puzzlemint's train of thought on the letter they found, only to end up Logic Bombing himself and wondering how the heck Puzzlemint manages it.
Scootaloo (Looking Glass)
A orange sportsmare who loves her scooter and extreme sports in general.
- Alternate Self: Of G3 Scootaloo.
- Crash into Hello: Makes her first appearance by crashing into Tome Heart. She was in the process of trying to build a flying machine with a kite and a scooter.
- Tom Colt: Is a sports lover who has no problem doing extreme sports or anything of the sort.
A curious filled mare who desires to figure out how things work. Observant enough to figure out something was on Tome Heart's mind with a glance
, she becomes pulled into the adventure.
- Alternate Self: Of Puzzlement.
- Constantly Curious: Very curious and constantly trying to figure out how stuff works. Her first reaction to reading the letter Tome Heart found is to just want to figure out everything she can about it.
- Eureka Moment: Has one when Fiesta Spice suggests they help the 'writer' continue the story making her realize they could re-cast the wish spell to avert The End of the World as We Know It.
- Sherlock Scan: Manages to deduce that Tome Heart had something on his mind just by taking a quick look over him. Tome heart finds it entertaining.
- Shout-Out: Upon being asked how she deduced that something was on Tome Heart's mind, she replies by saying "Elementary, my dear Tome Heart!"
An intelligent pony who lives outside of Ponyville as The Hermit
. Is very wise and seen as a good source of knowledge by the ponies of Ponyville.
- Alternate Self: Of G3 Kimono.
- The Hermit: The same as in the alternate timeline, though here it is seen as a tad more weird.
- The Mentor: Still considered the smartest pony around and looked to for advice.
A resident artist in Ponyville who begins having bad dreams which turn out to be much more than they seem.
- Bad Dreams: Had one that prompted her to visit Kimono in the first place.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Has a nightmare predicting the end of the world.
- Oh Crap: Has this reaction when what's being revealed starts coinciding with her nightmares.
- Eureka Moment: Triggers one in Puzzlemint by saying that they could potentially fix the impending doomsday by having someone 'help' the story, causing her to realize they could re-cast the wish spell to fix the world.
Princess Wysteria (Looking Glass Ponies)
The 'official' princess of Ponyville (even if she's made everypony else count as well).
Spike (Looking Glass Ponies)
A wise dragon who lives with Princess Wysteria. He's actually so old as to remember what the world was like before the wish spell took hold.
- Big "WHAT?!": His reaction to the others ask how to re-cast the wish spell.
- Last of His Kind: Seems to be the only one left who remembers fully what things were like when the mega spell was cast and is the only one who truly knew about it before Tome Heart found the letter.
- The Smart Guy: Is seen as such, to the point the others correctly assume he'd know about the wishing spell that remade the world.
- Spit Take: Has one when the others ask him if he knows how to cast the Wishing Spell.
Rainbow Dash (Looking Glass Ponies)
- Catchphrase: Darling, as in G3.
- The Fashionista: As in G3. Even when it involves trying to save the world, she frets about not having brought enough.
A spirit living in a magic mirror that Kimono has as the answer to her wish for someone to speak privately with. She is Kimono's friend and apparently has a lot of knowledge, but due to magic rules there are things she has to normally keep hidden, but has
to answer one question truthfully for her a year, even if normally she couldn't tell.
- Genki Girl: Is very hyper and energetic.
- Magic Mirror: Lives in one and is a benevolent example.
- The Mare In The Mirror Talks Back: Looks like Kimono, but is clearly something else entirely.
- Wham Line: Gives one as the answer to Kimono asking what the letter Tome Heart found and the dream Toola-Roola found have in common:
: I know, I'm sorry. It's just...the answer to your question is The End
Dark World Drabbles
- Former Teen Rebel: Was a pretty rebellious team in one of her lives. It got her in trouble
- Mind Screw: Her existence was this. Due to Discord's birth causing a time paradox, she ended up having two lives occurring concurrently. One her original and one her post Discord self.
- Posthumous Character: Is long dead when we first meet her.
- Temporal Paradox: Her very existence is this due Discord's birth pushing her spot in time out of place.
Gilda (Dark World)
Silver Spoon (Dark World)
- Back from the Dead: Is revived by Queen Libra.
- Healing Hooves: As the new Element of Kindness.
- Legacy Character: Becomes the new Element of Kindness. While Applejack still has hers, it's explained by Word of God that having a separate Bearer for the Elements of Kindness and Deceit was more practical than AJ being the sole Bearer of both.
- Posthumous Character: Unlike Diamond Tiara, she died sometime in the past. Considering there was no Rainbow of Light to save her and that she was eligible to be resurrected by Queen Libra, it's likely her father succeeded in beheading her.
- Took a Level in Kindness: After coming back to life, she's considerably nicer and friends with the Dark World Mane Cast (including Scootaloo, who's the Bearer of Loyalty). She's even the Element of Kindness.