Characters: Plants vs. Zombies
A list of plants, zombies, and other characters from Plants vs. Zombies, a series of tower defense games made by Pop Cap. The game they debuted in should be mentioned. This page is still under construction.NOTE: This page will cover Protagonists, characters who are neither plants nor zombies, such as humans and others. See the respective sub-pages for Plants and Zombies.
Player CharacterThe protagonist. He/she is a suburbanite whose house is constantly besieged by zombies.
- Big "NO!": A loud "Nooo!" can be heard from inside the house if the zombies managed to breach your defences.
- Crazy Survivalist: Except they use mutant plants instead of firearms as weapons.
- Featureless Protagonist/The Ghost: He/she doesn't appear in person, and is supposed to be the player themselves.
- Heroic Mime: As mentioned in Featureless Protagonist, the player character don't even appear in person, let alone have any lines. The only time he/she speaks is when the zombies eats them. See Big "NO!".
- Scream Discretion Shot: In a game over scenario, the zombies break into your house to eat your brains. However this is a kid-friendly game, so you only hear the zombies munching while you scream a Big "NO!".
Crazy DaveThe deuteragonist. The player's neighbor, an insane but friendly man who helps them by offering advice and selling them some items.
- Big Good: He's the main guy who helps you. In Garden Warfare, it shows.
- Catch Phrase: BECAUSE I'M CRAAAAAAAZY!
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Isn't called Crazy Dave for nothing.
- Ditzy Genius: He comes up with very effective (yet bizarre) methods of fighting against the zombies and is able to build a time machine, but as he quickly explains, he is crazy.
- Flanderization: In the original, he was a little eccentric and a bit crazy, but still fairly intelligent and knowledgable about the plants and zombies. In It's About Time, he's made much dumber, often relying on Penny to interpret his ramblings.
- Crazy Survivalist: Except he's a nice guy, and uses mutant plants instead of firearms as weapons.
- Large Ham: His dialogue certainly shows he really chews the scenery.
- Tinfoil Hat: He wears a saucepan as a helmet, probably to shield his brains from zombies.
- Trademark Favorite Food:
- Bacon, in the first game. He's willing to pay you $1,000 for one strip.
- In the second game, he seems to have developed an obsession for taco, and is willing to travel through timelines to get one.
PennyThe tritagonist. Crazy Dave's RV, who is also a time-traveling robot. Introduced in Plants vs. Zombies 2, taking Dave and the protagonist through the past and future.
- Computer Voice: Implied to have a female one.
- Cool Car: She's a highly intelligent talking car that can bypass the boundaries of time and space. Hardly can get cooler than that.
- The Smart Girl: She does most of the exposition in the second game.
- Straight Woman: She is usually the one who talks common sense into Dave, and tries to calm him down whenever he's acting up.
- Time Machine: Penny brings both Dave and the PC through different timelines, such as: Ancient Egypt, the Wild West, Far Future, the Dark Ages, etc.