Characters: Paranormal Mystery Squad
open/close all folders
The Paranormal Mystery Squad
Tropes that The Paranormal Mystery Squad have in common:
Stephanie KaneAssociated tropes:
Katie KaneAssociated tropes:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: All but outright stated to be what She was doing here.
- Cute Monster Girl
- Emergency Transformation: Somewhat, she gets infected with lycanthropy but Charlotte manages to use a spell so she doesn't become a mindless creature.
- Idiot Hair: She has one sticking up in the back. Reflects her tendancy to act without thinking.
- The Load: Initially in the first chapter, as she didn't have as much combat experience as Steph or Charlotte and mostly just carried around equipment. Steph insisted on bringing her on the cryptid hunts anyway. The second big case of which she wound up wandering off and getting bitten by a werewolf. After she herself became a werewolf, she put her new monster strength to good use.
- Ms. Fanservice: She channels Slave Leia to aid the others after Lita taunts her. JC does a Double Face Palm when he sees Katie. But it seems to have worked as he "responds to her" doing a hula in that outfit in that outfit more than the others.
- Near-Rape Experience: What Theodore tried to do to her twice, with his father's encouragement.
- No Periods, Period: Averted. Katie seems to delight and using her teenaged PMS as an excuse to ignore diplomacy (and propriety).
- When Charlotte opens her purse for smelling salts and out come lots of tampons, Katie snarks "Heavy flow month?" Stephanie tells her "It's the whole team's supply, you dingbat!" before giving her a fist upside the head.
- Our Werewolves Are Different
Charlotte RothAssociated tropes:
J.C. SummerfeildAssociated tropes:
- The One Guy
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Black eyes due to the B&W style of the comic but same thing.
- Sixth Ranger: Joins up in the first volume on behalf of PETM. Second volume he's quit the organization to work with PMS full time.
- Though the third sees he's rejoined with PETM but still prefers to work with the group.
Tropes that PETM have in common:
Marcy O'KeeffeAssociated tropes:
Mr. LomaxAssociated tropes:
Tropes that Cryptids have in common:
Deer WomanAssociated tropes:
Mr. CampbellAssociated tropes:
Theodore CampbellAssociated tropes:
The Moth MenAssociated tropes:
K'AAN'NGUA/The Great OneAssociated tropes:
Sea MonsterAssociated tropes:
General BriggsAssociated tropes:
- Four-Star Badass: Apparently ready to lead an attack on K'aan'ngua from the front lines. His moment of glory gets stolen by O'Keefe when she gets the President to order him to retreat. He gets even by having the PMS team cleared of their community service much to O'Keefe's chagrin.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He is put in charge the incident in Volume 2 comes off sympathetic to the PMS crew, and most definately does not like O'Keefe's presence and interfeerence.
- The Brigadier: Fits to a tee.