open/close all folders
Voiced by: Toshiyuki Toyonaga, Ikumi Hayama (when turned into a girl)He is a regular high school student who has a curse that he calls "Absolute Choice". This curse will at random times cause a voice in his head to give him two or more choices to make. If he doesn't choose one of them soon after, he will start getting a severe headache, forcing him to choose one.Ouka affectionately calls him "Amachi."
- Bishōnen: He is explicitly noted to be quite handsome in series, though most girls are driven away by the weird things he is forced to do by the Absolute Choices.
- Butt Monkey: Oh very so! In fact, every single episode has him on this.
- Celibate Hero: He admits he has never fallen in love before. And he was confessed to a lot in middle school, but he never accepted any of them.
- Chick Magnet
- Cloudcuckoolander: Deconstructed, as the series is about trying to get out from under the curse that forces him to act this way.
- Cosmic Plaything: Sometimes, it seems like the entire universe literally exists just to screw him over in every possible way.
- Honour Before Reason: Kanade won't make any choices that involve trampling the feelings of others or forcing others to act against their own will. This unfortunately makes it incredibly difficult to lift his curse, because he's told later by Seira that he has to fall in love to lift the curse, and three girls are in love with him...
- Idiot Hero: He was sooo close to lifting his curse and then screwed up due to his Honour Before Reason ways.
- Man, I Feel Like a Woman: Happens briefly when "God" turns him into a girl to prove that he's "God".
- Nice Guy: Which just makes his curse all the more sad.
- Oblivious to Love: To the point where Seira feels like it's enough to bewilder God.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Kanade MUST make a decision when Absolute Choice occurs. If he doesn't, then he is wracked with terrible head pain until he makes a decision.
Voiced by: Kaori SadoharaA strange girl who fell down from the sky in order to help cure Kanade's Absolute Choice problem. She likes to eat a lot of snacks and still has room for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Amnesiac Hero: She is unable to remember much when she first meets Kanade.
- Big Eater: Kanade is astounded at just how much she can put away. For some reason it's subverted when she's not an amnesiac.
- Cleavage Window: Her non-school outfit tends to emphasize her chest.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Chocolat can be rather... out there.
- Crash-Into Hello: Subverted. While she does fall down from the sky, she manages to stop herself just before she hits him, and instead is on all fours just above him.
- Delusions of Doghood: She acts like a dog at times, obeying orders to "fetch", "sit", "shake", etc. Her hair-tuft even wags when she's excited.
- Easy Amnesia
- Genki Girl
- Idiot Hair: One stray strand on her head. It wags like a dog's tail.
- Nice Girl: Even if she is still very weird.
- Pretty Freeloader: Although nicer than most examples.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Sweet Tooth: She even picked her name based off of what she likes to eat.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B.
Voiced by: Yui KondouKanade's classmate who is quiet but a little weird. She likes verbally abusing Kanade.
- A-Cup Angst: Constantly wonders if Kanade likes them big.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Out of the three girls interested in Kanade, she has the most trouble telling him, and will often revert to her monotone voice when talking to him.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: More so than any of the other girls.
- The Comically Serious
- Luminescent Blush: When she goes deredere mode.
- The Quiet One
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Short white hair, red eyes, pale skin, overly serious and quiet, a little weird, has trouble expressing her feelings for her love interest.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Furano usually acts cold towards Kanade, much to her regret as she wanted to be normal in high school and secretly likes him. But due to her shyness, she is only able to act that way towards guys, causing her to be labeled as a freak.
Voiced by: Ayumi TsujiOne of the Reject 5 members. She is a very cheerful and happy girl. She also likes Kanade and doesn't mind being a 5th wheel.
Voiced by: Rei Matsuzaki
- Expy: Of Mami Tomoe minus the big guns and stuffs.
- Gag Boobs: Turns out they're fake
- Gainaxing: Even the slightest of movement will cause them to bounce.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
Voiced by: Hiromi Igarashi
- Authority Equals Asskicking
- It Amused Me: Seira likes to see Kanade squirm and suffer, such as when she gives him a Love Confession, triggering both Clingy Jealous Girl and Crazy Jealous Guy modes from practically the entire student body.
- Rapunzel Hair
- White-Haired Pretty Girl
Voiced by: Akiko Yajima
- A-Cup Angst
- Older Than They Look: She's 29.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Utage is surprisingly understanding of Kanade's strange freak outs. She later reveals that she too was afflicted by the Absolute Choice curse before, so is usually sympathetic towards Kanade, unless he does something embarrassing to her.
- Sadistic Teacher: A variation, Utage is a sadist but she is generally kind to her students.
- Token Mini-Moe: She's the teacher no less.
Voiced by: Naomi Ohzora
- Childhood Friends: With Kanade.
- Little Sister Heroine: Parodied, as she declares herself as everybody's little sister. Becomes a Running Gag, as she tries this on everyone she runs into, whether it's a guy or girl. It doesn't matter if the person is younger than her.
- Marshmallow Hell: She falls victim to this in her "fight" with Ayame.
- Yandere: Pulls a convincing act as one on stage.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
Voiced by: Misato
Voiced by: Shinnosuke Tachibana
- The Gods Must Be Lazy: He acts like a hiphop star but doesn't actually do anything notable, though he claims one time he has to save the multiverse from destruction. He might be lying though.
- Jerkass God: Surprisingly subverted, he tries to help the main character out. Too bad he's self-centered and weird so he isn't really that helpful.
Voiced by: Takayuki Kondo
Voiced by: Kazutomi Yamamoto
- Covert Pervert: Usually gentlemanly and quiet but seems to be this.Touya: [to Chocolat] I'm not asking for marriage. Let's start by making babies.
Kanade: There's something wrong with that order!
- Love at First Sight: With Chocolat.
Voiced by: Masami Iwasaki
- Bandaged Face: Got bandages covering his face, including his eyes, nose and mouth. Occasionally makes him gasp for air.
Voiced by: Saeko Zougou
Voiced by: Takehiro Hasu
Voiced by: Shin Ginoza
Voiced by: Shiho KokidoA neighbor of Kanade.
Voiced by: Nozomi SasakiOuka's mother.