open/close all folders
He is a regular high school student who has a curse that he calls "Absolute Choice". This curse will at random times cause a voice in his head to give him two or more choices to make. If he doesn't choose one of them soon after, he will start getting a severe headache, forcing him to choose one.
Ouka affectionately calls him "Amachi."
- Bishōnen: He is explicitly noted to be quite handsome in series, though most girls are driven away by the weird things he is forced to do by the Absolute Choices.
- Butt Monkey: Oh very so! In fact, every single episode has him on this.
- Celibate Hero: He admits he has never fallen in love before. And he was confessed to a lot in middle school, but he never accepted any of them.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Deconstructed, as the series is about trying to get out from under the curse that forces him to act this way.
- Cosmic Plaything: Sometimes, it seems like the entire universe literally exists just to screw him over in every possible way.
- Honour Before Reason: Kanade won't make any choices that involve trampling the feelings of others. Which makes it incredibly difficult to lift his curse, because he's told later by Seira that he has to fall in love to lift the curse, and three girls are in love with him...
- Man, I Feel Like a Woman : Happens briefly when "God" turns him into a girl to prove that he's "God".
- Nice Guy: Which just makes his curse all the more sad.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Kanade MUST make a decision when Absolute Choice occurs. If he doesn't, then he is wracked with terrible head pain until he makes a decision.
Voiced by: Kaori Sadohara
A strange girl who fell down from the sky in order to help cure Kanade's Absolute Choice problem. She likes to eat a lot of snacks and still has room for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Voiced by: Yui Kondou
Kanade's classmate who is quiet but a little weird. She likes verbally abusing Kanade.
Voiced by: Ayumi Tsuji
One of the Reject 5 members. She is a very cheerful and happy girl. She also likes Kanade and doesn't mind being a 5th wheel.
Voiced by: Rei Matsuzaki
Voiced by: Hiromi Igarashi
Voiced by: Naomi Ohzora
- Childhood Friends: With Kanade.
- Little Sister Heroine: Parodied, as she declares herself as everybody's little sister. Becomes a Running Gag, as she tries this on everyone she runs into, whether it's a guy or girl. It doesn't matter if the person is younger than her.
- Yandere: She pulls one off quite well.
Voiced by: Misato